AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-11, 12:35   Link #1
bluntxlonerr
Inactive Member

Need help ;)

hello people ^^ , i do watch some anime and i want to try new ones but i'd like them to be similar with the ones i watch/enjoy now :

Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic

I have also watched :

Get Backers
Scrapped Princess

I like all of these anime , so if you know of a series that are similar to these please suggest them to me , thanks in advance

btw , i look for - good fighting/story/and also humor is always nice =D
Old 2003-12-11, 18:45   Link #2
sothis

if you like full metal alchemist, i think you'd like king of bandits jing (click the camera once you click that link for screenshots... and the theme is Jing, even ).. they both have a very similar feel, though jing is 100% episodic. but, when i started watching FMA the first thing i thought about is Jing. FMA is much darker.

i thought that scrapped princess was very similar to Stellvia of the Universe (again, click the camera for screens ^_^). this is another recommendation that doesn't have a solid basis to it (they aren't about the same kind of thing, etc).. but i think if you watched it, you'd agree that it has a very similar feel.

a good action series is scryed, though im not sure it is similar to the ones you mentioned.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2003-12-11, 21:50   Link #3
Ainana

Talking

Naruto -
Flame of Recca, Inuyasha, possibly One Piece, but I've only seen 2 episodes, Trigun, but the ending is not too good...

Full Metal Alchemist-
Wandering with the Wind Ran Tsukikage

I have to disagree about King of Bandit Jing. Part of the coolness of Full Metal Alchemist is the background story, so the episodicness of Jing (I only saw 3 episodes, though) somehow makes the anime lacking. Further, Jing seems sort of "all-knowing" rather than ed and al who are kinda caught in the flow and figuring things out/dealing with things as they come. I think the latter makes for a better story over "I will win" and "Look, I won." (Different from Naruto's, which seems full of hot air sometimes, but is therefore more loveable)

I have also watched :

Scrapped Princess-
Try Soul Hunter

btw , i look for - good fighting/story/and also humor is always nice =D

Rurouni Kenshin. Some of the best swordfight scenes in anime history. Also, very cute.

Peacemaker Kurogane - though if you look around, there seem to be some sharp disagreements over whether or not people like this, so you might want to watch an episode first and see. Myself, I'm pretty loud already about loving this humorous, thoughtful, historic, violent, dark and realistic, bright and cheerful story.

Fushigi Yuugi - my warning however that this is Shoujo. However, it is the favorite series of quite a few guys as well. Great fighters and fight scenes, lots of humor, drama, and all that. Good story.

Inuyasha- fighting, humor, and good background story. Only complaint is that it has too many filler episodes, but I would say it's about on par with Naruto there.

Good luck! =D
Old 2003-12-14, 10:18   Link #4
bluntxlonerr
Inactive Member

hmmmmmm , thanks alot for helping with these suggestions =D i really appreciate that u guys took your time to help me out ^^ , alright im off to try new anime now heh
Closed Thread