AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2006-02-27, 03:08   Link #1
Guido

Chaotic, a 4-KIDS and GONZO co-production. Can't be!!

A new series, Chaotic, will debut this fall presented by 4-KIDS.

It will be produced in Japanese by GONZO, but translated into English by 4-KIDS.

The source came from an interview made to Michael Haigney.
http://www.animeboredom.co.uk/anime-articles/80/
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 03:15   Link #2
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
A new series, Chaotic, will debut this fall presented by 4-KIDS.

It will be produced in Japanese by GONZO, but translated into English by 4-KIDS.

The source came from an interview made to Michael Haigney.
http://www.animeboredom.co.uk/anime-articles/80/
I believe Kahn (CEO of 4kids) also commented on this at the New York Comic convention. ICV2.

I thought he said there that it was also working with Toei animation too? (Maybe gonzo doing that animating with Toei the funding/executiving?)

He also explained that 4kids will be doing the concept/plot design.... which means I think we can be assured of it sucking. But hey, maybe this will affect 4kids for the better? Quality might rub off on them or something...

This was during the same panel discussion where he exclaimed "Kids don't read". There's an audio blog of the entire panel session (good listen) http://community.livejournal.com/mangacast/142019.html

And it will premier the same time as pretty cure... on a personal side note.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 03:42   Link #3
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I believe Kahn (CEO of 4kids) also commented on this at the New York Comic convention. ICV2.
Khan!

Yes I know they spell differently. Oh and turn down your speaker.

My nightmare comes true... 4Kids making a japanese anime series.
Old 2006-02-27, 09:00   Link #4
DaFool
Resident devil

Gonzo has fallen. They don't even make T&A shows anymore
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 13:36   Link #5
Pleroma

God, why can't that damn 4kids go bankrupt allready. Its a company DEDICATED to the butchering of beloved series ran by someone with nothing but the utmost contempt for their audience and now they actually managed to get a quality studio like Gonzo to agree to an even worse atrocity against anime.
Pleroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 14:38   Link #6
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Another new anime from Gonzo. That usually gets my attention. Does anyone know what the Chaotic rpg is actually about? Anyone played it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Gonzo has fallen. They don't even make T&A shows anymore
Well Gonzo, like Production I.G, are smart businesses. They know the home anime market in Japan is saturated; airtime is limited. The US (& to a lesser extent Europe) offers a much more open and lucrative market with lots of channels - hence more airtime to fill with kid friendly toy selling franchises. Anime is hot property and will be hotter in the next few years (largely thanks to Production IG, Ghibli and others). But only financially secure Japanese animation companies can afford to invest in this kind of big budget projects. Hence why Gonzo, Production I.G, Geneon, Sunrise are the ones striking co-production deals early on with the US networks and distributors. Get used to it, there will be more IGPX's and Chaotic's to come, anime is a victim of it's success...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 14:59   Link #7
DaFool
Resident devil

A shame, really. Now Gonzo and others are cartoon studios, cartoons, in my definition, being kid-targeted shows (age 6-12) with western writing. So GDH KK set up offices in France and U.S. and establishes a 100% subsidiary in Korea so they can make more animations and sell them to a wider audience....good for them. But this is inconsistent with what we learned from Funimation's financial report that stated that 6-12 [broadcast] market is already saturated and not growing, and the best performing market is 12+ home video, which is the core anime market.

Blue Submarine no 6 and Hellsing were some of the titles that made me hardcore. That, and Gunbuster. But while Gainax remains the otaku-friendly fanservice-driven studio, Gonzo was the creator of gritty, tough action / drama series. (with the exception of Gatekeepers TV, maybe) Well, as long as Gainax remains Gainax, there is still hope.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 16:40   Link #8
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Another new anime from Gonzo. That usually gets my attention. Does anyone know what the Chaotic rpg is actually about? Anyone played it?

Well Gonzo, like Production I.G, are smart businesses. They know the home anime market in Japan is saturated; airtime is limited. The US (& to a lesser extent Europe) offers a much more open and lucrative market with lots of channels - hence more airtime to fill with kid friendly toy selling franchises. Anime is hot property and will be hotter in the next few years (largely thanks to Production IG, Ghibli and others). But only financially secure Japanese animation companies can afford to invest in this kind of big budget projects. Hence why Gonzo, Production I.G, Geneon, Sunrise are the ones striking co-production deals early on with the US networks and distributors. Get used to it, there will be more IGPX's and Chaotic's to come, anime is a victim of it's success...
According to what Michael Haigney said in the interview, It's based on a Danish fantasy, role-playing card game (RPCG) that will have a big online component.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote