AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-29, 02:43   Link #181
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Schihibukai

What chapter was it when they introduced them all?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 03:27   Link #182
Fyria
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
They never have been introduced, not atleast all of them.

Currently introduced Schibukais are:

Mihawk ''Hawkeyes'' -Krieg arc
Crocodile (EX) -Alabasta arc
Barthamelow Kuma -Jaya arc (151)
Don Flamingo -Jaya arc (151)
Spoiler for manga:

Jinbei (Not yet introduced, most likely seen at coming Mermen island arc

So currently 5 have been introduced and one has been stripped from Schichibukai rank (Crocodile). Jinbei has been announced to exist but not yet introduced. Also Blackbeard might be Schchibukai now.

There are few unknow Schichibukais out there but no doubt we wil see all of them before end.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 22:21   Link #183
TwistedMarionette
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
They never have been introduced, not atleast all of them.

Currently introduced Schibukais are:

Mihawk ''Hawkeyes'' -Krieg arc
Crocodile (EX) -Alabasta arc
Barthamelow Kuma -Jaya arc (151)
Don Flamingo -Jaya arc (151)
Spoiler for manga:

Jinbei (Not yet introduced, most likely seen at coming Mermen island arc

So currently 5 have been introduced and one has been stripped from Schichibukai rank (Crocodile). Jinbei has been announced to exist but not yet introduced. Also Blackbeard might be Schchibukai now.

There are few unknow Schichibukais out there but no doubt we wil see all of them before end.
i dont think black beard is a schchibukai based on the fact that last we saw him, he was terrorizing a town, once a schchibukai your a dog of the ilitary and must protect over the people
TwistedMarionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 18:28   Link #184
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Ok, this is for manga followers only.

If you've read all current released chapters, we know he most of the shichibukai members are now. What we don't know is who are the ones not revealed, and what their powers will be.

Also, what about the revealed members, who we've yet to see/in action. If Arlong was that strong, and he was a member of Jinbei's crew, its safe to assume he's going to be incredibly strong too.
Jinbei's weak Ex crew mate (Arlong) was able to trun a few drops of water into a powerful weapon without any trouble. Jinbei is an ôka Shichibukai Fishmen that is way above his Ex crew mate that was the strongest in the East Blue.

With that said Jinbei could well be the strongest of them.

a bit more info about me.

Quote:
The raw power of sea creatures remains perfectly preserved in their bodies and dwarves the strength of any human. The Fishmen and Fishwomen are by all definitions, a very powerful race. It is well-known that many of them live together with mermaids on a certain island on the great stretch of sea known as the Grand Line but evidently some were simply not content staying put. Some saw that their natural gifts could assist the humans and worked side by side crossing boundaries and giving humans new hope for the future. But not all of them followed such noble causes.

One of those who sought to profit from their obscene strength and adaptability was the Whale Shark Fishman Jinbeh. He formed the Fishman Pirate Crew, a force that wrought unspoken horrors, the likes of which gained him the unlikely support of the World Government and Marines, securing himself a position as one of the Seven Armed Seas, privateers who relinquished their title as official pirates and gained the ability to freely attack other pirates under the condition that they share their plunder with the World Government.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 13:09   Link #185
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
the only reason people say arlong is weak is because they are comparing him to luffy. u cant determine peoples fighting strength by comparing them to luffy thats just stupid. arlongs bounty would have been at least 40 million if the marines found out he was takin over the east blue.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 01:45   Link #186
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
I didn't say Alrong was weak. I big him in my last post.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 01:53   Link #187
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
mihawk
Spoiler for series:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 07:34   Link #188
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 07:58   Link #189
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:
Blackbeard destroyed an Island, conqured drum kingdom, hurt many innocent people and maybe even killed some on his way to shichibukai.Enough reasons for a bounty (if bounty really shows the power level, otherwise he dont even need it)

By the way another question....Now that Blackbeard is a shicihbukai what is going to happen to Burgess,Auger,Q-Stronger,Lafitte? I thought a captain must leave his crew in order to become a shicibukai? (jinbei? croc? after all sme of them had a new crew like baroqu works,flamingos underlings,morias zombie army..but non said theyre their original former crew...)
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 11:35   Link #190
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
By the way another question....Now that Blackbeard is a shicihbukai what is going to happen to Burgess,Auger,Q-Stronger,Lafitte? I thought a captain must leave his crew in order to become a shicibukai? (jinbei? croc? after all sme of them had a new crew like baroqu works,flamingos underlings,morias zombie army..but non said theyre their original former crew...)
Nothing... the idea that shichibukai must leave their crew seems to be a mistaken impression that we fell under. Looking back at the chapters there doesn't seem to be anything that expicitly states a Shichibukai must leave their crew. We probably came to that conclusion based on Arlong leaving Jinbei and the fact that Croc and Mihawk had no crew of is own... however, Arlong and the other mermen could have left on their own, and Croc and Mihawk may have never had a crew of their own or they just felt like dumping their crews

It rather makes sence that they would not be forced to leave their crew in that a captain's crew contributes to the captains power
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 20:12   Link #191
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, Kuma and Moria imply that Blackbeard's bounty is currently be kept unknown, not that it was 0... however since Blackbeard would not make a very effective shichibukai without a bounty and with his accomplishments like beating Ace being kept unknown, my guess is that the bounty is being kept secret oly because Blackbeard hasn't been formally announced as a shichibukai... The world gov't is probably working on the formal announcment of Blackbeard's promotion and will announce his bounty then
Moria asks Kuma what Blackbeard's bounty is now that he has been declared the successor to Crocodile and Kuma responds by saying it is 0. In other words, Blackbeard has no bounty on his head prior to becoming one of the shichibukai members and he probably will not get one because one's bounty freezes after receiving this title.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:02   Link #192
M.y.S.t.3.r.Y
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Mihawk has shown so much skills in so little effort if he ever goes all out It would be over for anybody I dont know anyone that can survive getting their heads chopped off besides Buggy I cant even see Blackbeard winning to be honest.
M.y.S.t.3.r.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:05   Link #193
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.y.S.t.3.r.Y View Post
Mihawk has shown so much skills in so little effort if he ever goes all out It would be over for anybody I dont know anyone that can survive getting their heads chopped off besides Buggy I cant even see Blackbeard winning to be honest.
There are plenty of potential candidates that are more than capable of contending with Mihawk. Characters such as the four emperors, perhaps some of the other warlords, Blackbeard, the admirals, Sengoku the Buddha, and Dragon can all pose a big threat to Mihawk. How can you say that it would be over for anybody Mihawk challenges? We don't even know what the full capabilities are of all of the above characters I mentioned, let alone Mihawk either. The claim that you make is nothing more than baseless speculation at the moment.

As for Mihawk being the strongest, I highly doubt that because Mihawk even said that becoming pirate king is harder than surpassing him. This implies that there are characters out there on the seas that are stronger than Mihawk.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 17:58   Link #194
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Age: 25
i think that if mihawk was the strongest it would have been known to us when he was first introduced. but he was made as the greatest swordman which is without doubt that zoro is the one to take down.
i wont think zoro will be the character to take down the strongest Shichibukai.

and i think if there ever will be such an episode it would be called something like
"the strongest of the seven! battle on Raftel" <not bad idea. *gives myself some credit*

and i really are looking forward to see the remaining Shichibukais i hope they got a cool look like Mihawk. the others looked kinda weird, like in body shape and the way they dress.

Spoiler for Thriller Bark:
__________________

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:29   Link #195
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Well does blackbeard count? now that he is officially a Shichibukai. I mean he has the strongest devil fruit and he did beat ace.

I think Mihawk is weaker then Blackbeard but stronger then the rest besides that merman we didn't see so far mb. If they gonna keep him hidden for so long he has to be quite promosing. Well at the world government convention they did say they least expected Mihawk to show up. It seems they respected him the most but that's just all assumptions.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 17:17   Link #196
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 19:21   Link #197
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Well does blackbeard count? now that he is officially a Shichibukai. I mean he has the strongest devil fruit and he did beat ace.

I think Mihawk is weaker then Blackbeard but stronger then the rest besides that merman we didn't see so far mb. If they gonna keep him hidden for so long he has to be quite promosing. Well at the world government convention they did say they least expected Mihawk to show up. It seems they respected him the most but that's just all assumptions.
Besides Crocodile and Gecko Moria, I wouldn't count out the other warlords just yet. We still have to see Kuma, Donflamingo, Jimbei, and the other unknown warlord fight to their full capabilities in order to assess how Mihawk compares to them. From what we've seen of Donflamingo, he seems to be a really cheap fighter due to his ability. Whatever it is, it makes him nearly invincible in a one on one fight. However, just like any other powerful character, there has to be a limit to his ability. I agree with you that Jimbei is really being hyped up at the moment because he was mentioned at the very beginning of the Arlong arc and he still has not made a physical appearance. The fact that the log pose is now pointing to fishman island sets up a possibility of the strawhats finally confronting him.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:25   Link #198
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I have a question for the people who are interested in having discussions about the 7 warlords of the sea (shichibukai). So far we have only seen Crocodile and Gecko Moria fight to their fullest capabilities and it is likely that their roles in the story are over. Now we have Kuma, Donflamingo, Mihawk, Blackbeard, Jimbei, and the last unknown member left to fight. We know that Mihawk is reserved for Zoro to fight and Blackbeard is most likely going to contend with Luffy near the end of the story. This leaves Kuma, Donflamingo, Jimbei, and the unrevealed member left to fight against. Which characters would you want to defeat these four warlords and why would you want it to be those particular characters? And yes I do know that Jimbei and the unknown member haven't even been revealed yet, but that doesn't mean that we still can't give them opponents. You can give them opponents just for the sake of giving those characters some spotlight in the series. Before I proceed with my answers, keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily have to be the strawhats to fight these four warlords. It could be other pirates out there as well or characters from the other 2 world powers. Here I go.

Kuma - This is a tough one for me, but if I am to give him an opponent I would want him to be either Franky or Dragon. The reason for Franky is because he is also a cyborg so he would complement Kuma very well as an opponent. They also both seem to primarily be strong physical fighters, although Franky still has a long ways ahead of him before he can match Kuma's power and might. He would probably need to get some kind of enhancement or upgrade to be able to stand up to Kuma. But that is okay because Franky still has lots of time to develop and get stronger. As for why I wouldn't mind having Dragon as Kuma's opponent either, well, Kuma knows who Dragon is and it makes you wonder if these two guys have crossed paths in the past. If Dragon is to fight him, we may learn some history between these characters and it would be a good opportunity to see Dragon have to fight seriously. It would be nice for the leader of the revolutionaries (Dragon) to take out the world government's most invaluable warlord (Kuma) and incite a war in doing so.

Donflamingo - My picks for this bastard would have to either be Luffy or Sengoku the Buddha. Luffy is a definite possibility simply because of the fact that Donflamingo's ideologies directly conflict with those of Luffy's. These two characters would not be able to stand each other at all. Many people are probably wondering why I would want Sengoku as a possible opponent for Donflamingo. The reason I would want Sengoku to fight Donflamingo is because he would be a good choice to put Donflamingo in his place. Donflamingo nearly incited Sengoku to start a war at the meeting concerning the replacement of Crocodile. He was about to "control" Sengoku because Sengoku thought of him as nothing more than a mere immature child. If Mihawk hadn't stepped in at that moment, I wonder what Sengoku would've done. Donflamingo thinks he is so big and mighty and thinks he can do whatever he pleases, which is evident in how he disrespected Sengoku, but if he is to go out of control, Sengoku should put an end to his nonsense by showing him his nasty side as a last resort. Someone needs to teach this arrogant punk respect and Sengoku is the right one to do it.

(continued in next post)
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 18:59   Link #199
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Well I guess Jimbai can be taken down by Nami

In reality, you make a lot of assumptions for the fights to come. There is nothing concrete to say that Kuma is "the most invaluable" warlord or that Blackbeard will be fought near the end. I know that these are favorite characters of yours, but you have to be a bit more objective.

Honestly, I am not sure of anything anymore, in regards to how the story will progress. There are a lot of clues, but most of them go off in different directions, so I am not sure what will come next. Presumably Jimbei is next, since that is where the Lock-Post is pointing, but maybe something else will have started along the way.

So, here is my dream fights amongst those that we know.

Robin - Crocodile (sure he is jail, but that never stops a good villian )

Chopper and Nami - Jimbei (Chopper is actually one of the physical strongest fighters next to Franky and Luffy; plus they are both part animal And Nami has a past with this Shichibukai)

Franky - Kuma (same reasons you listed)

Whitebeard/Shanks - Blackbeard (I don't know, Ijust want someone else to defeat Blackbeard)

Sanji- Unknown Shichibukai

Zoro - Mihawk (obvious)

Luffy - Don Flamingo (he is the exact opposite of Luffy, as you mentioned)

I mentioned previously that I am partial to DonFlamingo
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 23:16   Link #200
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
In reality, you make a lot of assumptions for the fights to come. There is nothing concrete to say that Kuma is "the most invaluable" warlord or that Blackbeard will be fought near the end. I know that these are favorite characters of yours, but you have to be a bit more objective.
I apologize if I do sound a little subjective in my reasonings, but the reason I say that Kuma is the most invaluable warlord is because he is the only obedient member that follows the orders of the world government, as stated by Moria. What do you think would enrage the world government more, for example, having Moria defeated or having Kuma defeated? If Kuma is out of the picture they probably would not have a warlord who would report important things to them. So far all of the known warlords presented to us, excluding Kuma, have shown little interest in the desires of the World Government. They mostly do as they please and this is the reason why the marines don't get along with them. I am just basing my viewpoints off of what we know so far in the story.

There are many things to suggest that Blackbeard will be fought near the end. For one thing, he is the dark side of Luffy with high aspirations to become the pirate king. He also has the will of "D", which so far has shown that characters who possess it are incredibly resilient to any obstructions in their way. Furthermore, he has been getting a lot of build up ever since Drum Island and he is still showing impressive feats as the story progresses. Why would Oda build up a character for so long based on his favorite historical pirate and have him taken out before the final battles of the story? It doesn't make sense. I know that you still feel that he is a "mid-boss" villain, but I really think he is a potential candidate for being at least one of the last bosses.

Jimbei - I would like for Sanji to fight him. Sanji being for the reason that he needs time to shine and defeat a major opponent. He is always overshadowed by Luffy and Zoro, but we know that he is definitely the third strongest member in the crew. His strength shows that he is eligible to contend with a warlord and he does deserve to take out a major player in the story.

Unknown Member - Brooke or someone else besides the strawhats.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.