AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 16:02   Link #281
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
I also wondered...
Spoiler for About Blackbeard...:
Just to let you know Tohei, you don't have to worry about spoiler tags in this thread since it pertains only to the manga.

As for one of the Tenryubito becoming a warlord, I think you meant one of the supernovas. The Tenryubito are those world nobles who are the descendants of the 20 kings that founded the world government 800 years ago. Their power and influence stem from their rank only; for their actual combat strength is on par with that of the normal human. In other words, the world nobles are too weak to take the title of warlord (at least from those we have seen so far).

I agree with you that if any supernova was to become a shichibukai, it would be Kidd. He seems like the kind of person that would rather be considered a government dog than having to deal with the obstructions/impediments (e.g. shichibukai and marines) of the world government. He would cease any opportunities (regardless of his pride) that would exalt himself through easier means.
Old 2008-09-10, 16:44   Link #282
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Just to let you know Tohei, you don't have to worry about spoiler tags in this thread since it pertains only to the manga.

As for one of the Tenryubito becoming a warlord, I think you meant one of the supernovas. The Tenryubito are those world nobles who are the descendants of the 20 kings that founded the world government 800 years ago. Their power and influence stem from their rank only; for their actual combat strength is on par with that of the normal human. In other words, the world nobles are too weak to take the title of warlord (at least from those we have seen so far).

I agree with you that if any supernova was to become a shichibukai, it would be Kidd. He seems like the kind of person that would rather be considered a government dog than having to deal with the obstructions/impediments (e.g. shichibukai and marines) of the world government. He would cease any opportunities (regardless of his pride) that would exalt himself through easier means.
You're correct about that, I got my Japanese messed up and thought Tenryubito was hiragana for Supernova I originally had Law in my mind as a possibility, but now that I think about it he seems more like to be Shanks to Kidd's Mihawk, the sky's the limit for the possibilities of that feud, and judging by what I have been reading thus far in One Piece I wouldn't be surprised if Oda went in that direction with Kidd & Law. BTW- thanks for the heads up
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 19:56   Link #283
The_Three_Kings

Quote:

But Kidd wants to become pirate king, thats the reason he killed so many civilians because they laughed at his dreams. If he did join the shichibukai it would probably be only temporary. Besides, Kidd's not even near the strength needed to become a shichibukai.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:00   Link #284
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
But Kidd wants to become pirate king, thats the reason he killed so many civilians because they laughed at his dreams. If he did join the shichibukai it would probably be only temporary. Besides, Kidd's not even near the strength needed to become a shichibukai.
Well, Gecko Moria's ultimate goal was also to become the next pirate king and he was a warlord. Since that was the case, I don't see any problem with Kidd possibly becoming one sometime in the future. As for Kidd not being near warlord level of strength, to be fair we haven't really seen what he can do yet. We don't know if he is stronger than Luffy or if he is weaker for that matter. We need to see what he can really do before we assess just how strong he is. He certainly does have the bounty and reputation to warrant him the title of warlord, but his true strength is something we are not certain of at this point.
Old 2008-09-12, 13:20   Link #285
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Well, Gecko Moria's ultimate goal was also to become the next pirate king and he was a warlord. Since that was the case, I don't see any problem with Kidd possibly becoming one sometime in the future. As for Kidd not being near warlord level of strength, to be fair we haven't really seen what he can do yet. We don't know if he is stronger than Luffy or if he is weaker for that matter. We need to see what he can really do before we assess just how strong he is. He certainly does have the bounty and reputation to warrant him the title of warlord, but his true strength is something we are not certain of at this point.
From what we've seen he has some sort of magnetism powers. If he was as strong as a Shichbukai, the marine assault team would have been annihilated right away. Im not sure if this counts but Kidd seemed to stand no chance against Kuma (or his clone).
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 16:23   Link #286
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
From what we've seen he has some sort of magnetism powers. If he was as strong as a Shichbukai, the marine assault team would have been annihilated right away. Im not sure if this counts but Kidd seemed to stand no chance against Kuma (or his clone).
I don't even think the end result of Kidd vs Pacifista has even been confirmed yet, since it seemed to cut away to the SH pirates vs PX1 & Kuma (real). I wouldn't be surprised though if Kidd was sent someplace by Kuma, or destroyed the pacifista with Law.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:24   Link #287
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Alright, so recent events have introduced to us the last of the unknown Shichibukai in the form of Boa Hancock.

Now that my thoughts are clearer: First thought, I'm excited to see our first and thus far only female shichibukai(though recent events could alter things in several ways).

Her devil fruit power(at least it would seem as such)... it took me a while to get the inside joke of it, but I was rolling after those two minutes of deduction. From the minute she made her first appearance kicking a sleeping kitten, I knew we had someone interesting on our hands.

I do see some parallels between this arc and Skypiea in terms of the main villain; a near deified individual with supporting near god-like powers and speculations who is utterly floored when faced with a resistence to said "strength." Thus far, we've yet to see Hancock really display anything beyond her abilities other then the "pistol kiss" maneuver.

This gets me thinking of a possible path for her character. See, if Amazon Lily is a place where "strength is beauty" and yet she seems to have an opposing viewpoint, her beauty being her greatest strength in every sense of the concept. The fact that she has a "dark and mysterious secret" also leads me to question; is she truly a native of this island? And if she is, where or who helped develop this rather odd mindset given her "birthplace?"

At some point towards the end of Thriller Bark, someone made mention of Hancock in comparing her beauty to that of a mermaid. Maybe there was some kind of hidden connection there? Think about it, if she has some familiarity with mermaids and fishman island, she could become quite the major element in the Strawhats voyage. It's also a possible explanation for the... "whatever" on her back.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-10-20 at 08:06. Reason: Thoughts Reorganized!
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 07:42   Link #288
Paraden1989

i was just thinking/ wondering who the straw hats will face after they get to the new world. i mean look at the progression of the the story-line villains... from arlong, a former member of Jumbi's crew, then Baroque Works, who was lead by Crocodile, then Eneru, a self-proclaimed god, Aokiji/ CP9, Gecko Moria, Kuma, Kizaru, and now Boa... i know they still have the other 2 Yonkou to introduce, but still i think it i see a pattern here. the further they travel the greater the threat of the villains... i mean if they found big villains like i listed... i can't wait to see how much greater the new villains will be once they get to the New World!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 15:50   Link #289
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
I don't even think the end result of Kidd vs Pacifista has even been confirmed yet, since it seemed to cut away to the SH pirates vs PX1 & Kuma (real). I wouldn't be surprised though if Kidd was sent someplace by Kuma, or destroyed the pacifista with Law.
Well, it's actully almost guaranteed that Kidd and LAw beat the Pacifista: The pacifista is a machine-human; Kidd is a Magnet man. I see scrap metal littered all over the Shabondy Archipelago.

Pacifista got OWNED.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 19:32   Link #290
Rainbowman

Now that all the Shichibukai have been introduced, (despite the fact we've yet to see Jimbei's physical appearance) how soon can we discuss which of the 7 Deadly Sins the Shichibukai most represents? Here are my examples:

Sir Crocodile- Greed or Gluttony
Mihawk- Envy
Donquixote Doflamingo- Possibly Pride
Bartholomew Kuma- Possibly Wrath
Jimbei- Possibly Gluttony or Greed
Gecko Moria- Sloth
Boa Hancock- Lust and possibly some Vanity
Blackbeard- Possibly Pride mixed with Wrath expressed by a crazy personality rather than an angry personality.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 09:38   Link #291
Wai
Need a hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Now that all the Shichibukai have been introduced, (despite the fact we've yet to see Jimbei's physical appearance) how soon can we discuss which of the 7 Deadly Sins the Shichibukai most represents?
Or maybe something like this? I like how you pointed such an idea out.

Mihawk - Envy (admired yet feared by many)
Donquixote Doflamingo - Pride (he values his old flag)
Bartholomew Kuma - Wrath (infamously titled "The Tyrant"; he may have been brutal in the past)
Jimbei - Greed (like Arlong, perhaps?)
Gecko Moria - Sloth (no need to debate over this one)
Boa Hancock - Lust (deals with love)
Blackbeard - Gluttony (he is seen eating a lot)
Old 2008-10-24, 12:11   Link #292
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Blackbeard - Gluttony (he is seen eating a lot)
That seems reasonable also in the context of his powers; a darkness-man capable of absorbing allegedly anything. Not to mention that he's vying for a position that many know as "The man with everything the world has to offer."

And just look at who he replaced, another man who desired the position of Pirate King but ultimately could not achieve it and simply went for the next thing he could grasp.
Old 2008-11-24, 10:29   Link #293
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Well, this forums doesn't get quite the amount of love it deserves so I'm diggin' it up from the rubble...

Well, we've got our first glance into Jimbe, the long-awaited sixth (to be named) Shichibukai... and he's in prison.

So, what do we know of his character so far?
Well, he's a merman, that's for sure. He doesn't cooperate with the WG and is in threat of losing his Shichibukai title...

I want to say Jimbe has some ties to Tiger as they seem pretty similar at a glance, at least in the respect that both have problems with the World Government. That and the fact that he's being held at Impel Down... could spell quite the interesting situation.

With the definite arrival of the Strawhats, a possible appearance by WhiteBeard, the presence of Ace, Crocodile, some of Baroque's highest agents, and now a near-condemmed Shichibukai... it makes you wonder just what the Marines have defending this place.

In another respect, we have quite the possibility of losing one, if not two Shichibukai...
On one hand, Jimbei seems undetterred by the threat to his status and is in open defiance of the WG. There's also Boa to consider, should her feeling for Luffy out-weigh her title, though that one is considerably more of a stretch what with the threat posed to Kuja. Well, unless some of the captive inmates end up joining the snake maiden: I stand by my theory of Bon Clay teaching the Kuja Okama Kenpo!

In the long run, there's also the quite real succession of BlackBeard and Moria, two people who openly stated their desires to achieve the title of Pirate King. Kuma and Doflammingo are unknown entities as of now as well...

Hmm, this set-up really isn't permanent when you think about it. The Shichibukai themselves are far to prioritized with their own endeavors and the Marines themselves seem to be seeking ways of replacing them (just look at the Pacifista).

It's set to collapse, just a matter of time and place now...

Ah... now that was a topic frenzy post!

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2008-11-30, 00:16   Link #294
Mark15
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Mark15
Affiliations:
Aside with the World Government, the Shichibukai are (or were) affiliated with another group(s).

Dracule Mihawk: Friendly contact with Red-Haired Shanks
Jimbei: Second Captain of the Sunny Pirates (crew split into at least three: Sunny Pirates, Arlong Pirates and Macro Fishman Pirates)
Sir Crocodile: Former president of Baroque Works (disbanded upon arrest as well as stripped of his title and reinstated as a pirate)
Donquixote Doflamingo: Former leader of the Bellamy Pirates (abandoned), former owner of the Human Auctioning House (given to Disco)
Bartholomew Kuma: Unknown, but has some some sort of relationship with Revolutionary Monkey D. Dragon
Gecko Moria: Former Captain of an unnamed crew (presumed to be massacred by Kaidou), leader of Thriller Bark and the Mysterious Four
Boa Hancock: Former slave of Tenryuubito (freed by Fisher Tiger), Captain of the Kuja Pirates, Empress of Amazon Lily, has befriended Monkey D. Luffy
Marshall D. Teach: Former subordinate of the Whitebeard Pirates (defected), Captain of the Blackbeard Pirates.

Abilities and Powers:
Dracule Mihawk: Kokutou Yoru, Pendant cross dagger, World's greatest swordsmanship
Jimbei: Fishman Super strength; Unknown
Sir Crocodile: Suna Suna no Mi, Logia; Scorpion-poison hook
Donquixote Doflamingo: Power that manipulates people like puppets, Unknown Paramecia
Bartholomew Kuma: Nikyu Nikyu no Mi, Paramecia; Pacifista armour and laser launcher
Gecko Moria: Kage Kage no Mi, Paramecia
Boa Hancock: Mero Mero no Mi, Paramecia; Haoushoku Haki
Marshall D. Teach: Yami Yami no Mi, Logia; Super-Human Strength

Former Bounties:
Dracule Mihawk: Unknown
Jimbei: Unknown
Donquixote Doflamingo: 340,000,000
Bartholomew Kuma: 296,000,000
Gecko Moria: 320,000,000
Sir Crocodile: 81,000,000
Boa Hancock: 80,000,000
Marshall D. Teach: None

Epithet (Nicknames) and Theme:
Dracule Mihawk: Nicknamed "Hawk-Eyes". Hawk themed
Jimbei: Unknown nickname. Fish themed
Sir Crocodile: Title: "Mr. 0". Crocodile themed
Donquixote Doflamingo: No nickname. Flamingo themed
Bartholomew Kuma: Nicknamed "Tyrant" and "Pacifista". Bear themed
Gecko Moria: Nicknamed "King of the Depths". Gecko themed
Boa Hancock: Nicknamed "The Pirate Empress". Title: "Snake Princess". Snake themed
Marshall D. Teach: Nicknamed "Blackbeard". No animal theme

Spoiler for scene:

Mark15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 09:51   Link #295
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

Now that Luffy has defeated both Moria and kinda Hancock, what should his bounty be now?
Old 2008-12-06, 11:04   Link #296
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Luffy's bounty doesn't rise from those.

Firstly, bounties can rise from different reasons, but mainly they rise because of how much of a threat that person is.

Luffy started with 30 million because he offended Nezumi and defeated Arlong. Nezumi mainly just wanted people to hunt him down, so he started with such a big bounty.

After defeating Crocodile, he got 100 million, because he's really starting to threaten the balance of the seas by defeating a Shichibukai, a really amazing feat.

Next he got 300 million, this is because he declared war on the WG, making him a very wanted man in the eyes of the WG. He is considered a really big criminal and an enemy of the world. The WG now really sees him as a big threat.

Next he defeated Moria, this time its a different thing, but yes its again something really big. In fact its too big and too soon, that the WG doesn't even dare to issue him a bounty.

This is because Luffy's crew seems to be getting too powerful too fast. The WG is really scared of them now and is causing them to lose confidence in the Shichibukai. If they announce the defeat of Moria, shortly after they've just replaced the defeated Crocodile with Blackbeard, the world will start to lose confidence with the WG and the Shichibukai. They can't allow that.

So Moria remains as a Shichibukai and they kept his defeat a secret. No bounties raised.

And nothing will increase with Hancock, since nobody even knows of what's happening between Luffy and Hancock.

If there's any bounty raise, it would be from Luffy punching the Tenryuubito. The Tenryuubito with all the pride would definitely press the WG to kill Luffy.

And who knows what would happen in the upcoming arc, Luffy may bust Impel Down and this would definitely raise his bounty as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:05   Link #297
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
And nothing will increase with Hancock, since nobody even knows of what's happening between Luffy and Hancock.
I doubt it has any effect on Luffy bounty even they know. They are more likely to strip Hancock's title and renew her bounty. If Luffy's bounty increases because of Hancock, the only possibility is if she joins SH.

It seems the best place to talk about my thoughts about possible endings for Hancock after the great event.

I think of 5: 1)killed; 2) captured; 3) back to Amazon Lily; 4) join SH; 5) not join SH but not back to AL

1) killed

This is the least possible end. I have two reasons. First, it's obvious not OP way. In OP, not even antagonists got killed in present story lines; allies can come out alive in impossible situations (eg. Pell). Second, after Kuma make his whole crew disappear in chapter 513, I doubt Oda would sadden Luffy again. Luffy, of course, has no idea about Hancock's feeling for him, but he knows that he asks Hancock to help and Hancock helps him. Thinking how Luffy might react if Hancock gets killed in front of him, it's too much for Luffy to handle.

2) caputred

It's more possible than the first end, but not much. It's very ironic if she replaces Ace in Impel Down prison cell. Even if it dose happen I bet Luffy not let it go as he does to Mr. 2 since he is directly responsible this time.

3) back to Amazon Lily

It's very likely in noraml sense but the setup of stage is against it. We know only three ways o get there (it's located on Calm Belt): marine ships, Yuda, and Kuma's ability. It's very laughable if Kuma sends her back. It's very likely she becomes wanted after Impel Down arc, so I don't think marines will help. The most possible way is that Kuja Pirates come and take their captain home but I somehow don't think it will happen (see details in below).

4) join SH

It seems most natrual end given the current situation. The lovesick requires her to be with Luffy. Things would be too convenient if she is in love with Luffy when her aid is necessary, and she falls out of love when she is not necessary. But this is not the most important thing, the most important thing is what she is to the World Government. I'm 90% sure that the World Government will know she is helping Luffy at end of the Impel Down arc. Her title will be striped and she becomes wanted again.

Now, let me talk about a little bit about the great event. It certainly will break the equilibrium of three powers. Doesn't matter what result is, it's safe to assume marines would be weakened. I think it matters a lot to Amazon Lily's situation. Without Hancock, Amazon Lily and Kuja Pirates are not a big deal. I doubt the sum of all their bounty can climb to 50m belli. Weakened Marine may leave Kuja Pirates at least for a while as they must have more critical problems at hand. But a turncoat Shichibukai is a big deal. They may simply attack where Hancock is.

5) not join SH but not back to AL

I personally think it's the most possible end. For reasons I stated above she can't go back Amazon Lily, and she is probably too powerful to join SH at this point.

I'm thinking that Hancock and Luffy would be seperated during the arc. At end, she may be saved by remaining of White Beard's crew or start to seek Luffy out in New World on her own. She can still hope to meet Luffy one day so she wouldn't die from lovesick.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:17   Link #298
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The war between the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates is soon to impend. We now know that all of the warlords will be participating in this great incident, sans Jimbei due to his obstinacy and unknown reasons for rebelling at the moment. Of course, we know that regardless of who the winner will be in this war, there will be severe casualties on both sides (WG and WB pirates) either way. Having said this, it would only seem logical and reasonable that some of the warlords are bound to be defeated/killed or stripped of their titles by the end of this war. The question is, which warlords do you feel will be subjected to such fates? I will now provide my analysis of what outcomes are in store for each of the warlords in the aftermath of this great incident soon to occur.

Blackbeard
Blackbeard is destined to succeed and prevail in this war. There is simply no way he is going to fall or lose since he is quite possibly going to be one of, if not, the final antagonist in the story. All of the build up he has been getting along with all of the foreshadowing resulting from his actions make it evident that he is going to come out of this whole mess as a winner when all is done.

Before Blackbeard's duel with Ace, Shanks already had the premonition/wicked omen that he would end up causing a big disturbance in the near future, and most certainly his words did hold merit/validity considering that a war is soon to take place that will adversely affect all three of the world powers as a result of Blackbeard's actions. Furthermore, I believe that when this war is finished, the beginning of the "Rampaging era" Shanks speaks of will come to fruition/reality, and this will be signified by Blackbeard defeating and dethroning Whitebeard, thereby making him a new emperor in the process. Blackbeard superseding (replacing if you will) Whitebeard as an emperor is not a far fetched idea considering how Shanks had the foresight to know that Blackbeard's rise to power would compel him to one day take Whitebeard's title of emperor and world's strongest, and I personally believe that Blackbeard will reach emperor status when the war is over (especially since he will inevitably betray the world government once they've played their part in helping him get rid of Whitebeard). In the end, things look favorable for Blackbeard indeed.

Dracule Mihawk
Mihawk is Zoro's ultimate goal, and therefore he is definitely going to be saved for near the end of the story when Zoro will finally be ready to challenge him. Hence, it's completely safe to say that Mihawk will not be defeated, for he has reservations with Zoro and is sure to seriously kick some ass in this upcoming war. Furthermore, I don't see Mihawk having any ulterior motives; he just wants to have a good fight and not be bothered by the marines it seems. With that being said, I think that he will continue to be a warlord in the aftermath of the war.

Donquixote Doflamingo
This sadistic man definitely has something up his sleeve considering how he has been preaching frequently about the "new era" soon to arrive. With all of the build up he has been getting ever since his debut appearance, I feel absolutely certain that Oda will not discard him by having him crushed in this war, especially since he has yet to really develop his character. Moreover, I believe that Doflamingo's emphasis on the "new era" is a powerful hint from Oda saying that he will be playing a pivotal role in the story yet to come, and from this I therefore deduce that he too will triumph in this war. Whether he will remain a warlord or go rogue is really hard to tell at this moment.

Bartholomew Kuma
Kuma's fate is extremely hard to predict since he is really quite the enigma. His actions have been very perplexing and questionable lately.

He was ordered to eliminate the entire strawhat crew and all other witnesses to Moria's defeat back at Thriller Bark, but since the strawhat crew was in such a deteriorated state and thus provided him no enjoyment in carrying out his task, he decided that he would be willing to compromise their extermination in exchange for only taking Luffy's head. But it doesn't even end there. Zoro, being the loyal follower he is, offered himself to take Luffy's place and Kuma actually concedes to his offer. After he extracts all of Luffy's pain and fatigue and transfers them into Zoro, he doesn't even check to make sure that Zoro died. Instead he leaves Thriller Bark and we learn that he knows Dragon is Luffy's father, something that is extremely confidential and not public knowledge to say the least (as marvelB has said in past threads). How is it that he would know about their relationship? Hmm...something fishy is definitely going on here.

Then at the Sabaody Archipelago, Kuma intervenes as Kizaru is about to apprehend all of the strawhats, and he has all of them disappear and consequently land at destinations where they will very likely get stronger. The most important thing to remember from this incident was the line that Kuma said to Luffy before making him dissappear, which was "Farewell. We will not meet again." Why is it that he would say something like that? Is it because he thinks he will be killed in the war with the Whitebeard pirates? Perhaps he has an ulterior motive that will consequently have him stripped of his warlord status and fears that he will be hunted down by the World Government? With that being said, Kuma getting defeated/killed in the war is really a mixed bag right now. There is still a lot we have yet to learn about him, but I have always thought of the last statement he told Luffy as the harbinger of something bad to come for him.

Gecko Moria
Out of all the warlords, I think Moria is the most likely to be defeated. My reasoning for this is very simple; he has already had a whole story arc dedicated to him and we know everything there really is to know about him. We have a very good understanding of his powers, we know about his goals and ambitions, and therefore there is nothing really left to explore with him I feel. Moria has already had his opportunity to shine, and now it is time for the other warlords to get their spotlight. Now, I pray that Oda does not make Moria cannon fodder in this war just to make Whitebeard or one of his division commanders look ridiculously powerful, because that would just be wrong and really demeaning to Moria as he is a warlord.

Boa Hancock
Hancock is quite the interesting case. She is in love with Luffy and will do anything to help him, thus endangering herself of losing her warlord title and jeopardizing the well-being and safety of her people at Amazon Lily. Having said this, Hancock is faced with quite the predicament. If she is seen helping, or is even suspected of assisting Luffy in any way, her warlord status will immediately be revoked, she will be classified as a rogue pirate, and her island and people will be susceptible to a buster call from the marines since her treaty with the world government will now be broken. With this given information, I would say that the odds of her remaining a warlord are 50/50. She definitely wants to keep her warlord status so that her people can be protected (despite the fact that she hates the world government), but at the same time she really loves Luffy so there is a big problem.

As for whether or not she will be defeated in this war, I don't think she will fall. We got a good insight about Boa's past, but beyond that we haven't even seen her fight seriously at all and her "King's Haki" is sure to come in handy in battle. Moreover, she has already established herself as a potential ally to the strawhats in the future since she is on really good terms with Luffy, and thus I can see her playing a significant role after the war is over.

Jimbei
Not much to say since we really don't know anything him yet , but one thing that I am absolutely certain of is that there is no way he will be defeated any time soon. He was the second warlord to be mentioned near the beginning of the story and since Oda still hasn't formally introduced him yet, I feel that he has something really special and grand planned for Jimbei. Besides, it would be very disappointing to have all of this hype and build up for Jimbei only to have him defeated in the war. Given how we were told he was willing to give up his warlord status for reasons currently unknown, I think that there is a very high chance Jimbei will be stripped of his title and revert back to being a rogue pirate again.

Feel free to post your thoughts on the fates of the warlords. I would really like to read them.
Old 2008-12-18, 01:12   Link #299
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Gecko Moria
Out of all the warlords, I think Moria is the most likely to be defeated. My reasoning for this is very simple; he has already had a whole story arc dedicated to him and we know everything there really is to know about him. We have a very good understanding of his powers, we know about his goals and ambitions, and therefore there is nothing really left to explore with him I feel. Moria has already had his opportunity to shine, and now it is time for the other warlords to get their spotlight. Now, I pray that Oda does not make Moria cannon fodder in this war just to make Whitebeard or one of his division commanders look ridiculously powerful, because that would just be wrong and really demeaning to Moria as he is a warlord.
You know what? I really could care less if it was simply Coby who brought this jerk down. As long as I don't have to sit through another 10 minutes of his ABSOLUTELY AGITATING laughter. Any quick death would be too good for him!
Old 2008-12-20, 02:52   Link #300
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sorry to bump this topic, but does anybody else care to speculate on what the fates of the warlords will be after the war is over?