AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-01-02, 04:59   Link #1
project myu

What's the best way to buy anime DVDs?

I'm thinking about starting an anime collection but was wondering what the best way to buy them is? What I mean is this..

I was a big fan of Love Hina, but I probably won't get it for now because I want to watch something new but they have a boxed set now that is cheaper than it would be if you buy each DVD individually. But from what everyone says, the boxed set's box really sucks and the one that comes with the first DVD separately is nice.

So for any series in general, should I just buy the first DVD with the box that comes with it and buy the rest of the volumes as they come out or wait until a boxed set comes out so it'll be cheaper?

Last edited by project myu; 2005-01-02 at 05:12.
project myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 07:41   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by project myu
I'm thinking about starting an anime collection but was wondering what the best way to buy them is? What I mean is this..

I was a big fan of Love Hina, but I probably won't get it for now because I want to watch something new but they have a boxed set now that is cheaper than it would be if you buy each DVD individually. But from what everyone says, the boxed set's box really sucks and the one that comes with the first DVD separately is nice.

So for any series in general, should I just buy the first DVD with the box that comes with it and buy the rest of the volumes as they come out or wait until a boxed set comes out so it'll be cheaper?
Well it really depends what you find more important. The limited releases of the first DVD with box often contain extra's that may be worth it if you fancy those. If you are more interested in the anime DVD then there is no real reason to go for the limited editions. Buying each DVD seperately is alot more expensive than waiting for a boxed set to appear. However you'll have to wait alot longer to get a show then.

For older shows, you really have no choice , the first DVD+box are most likely allready sold out and the only way to obtain a box is to buy the boxset. For newer ones you have the option to either wait (often around a year) or buy limited edition.
Personally I only buy limited edition boxes if they look very attractive (like that awesome Stellvia tin can box ). And a box set has my preference if the entire series is out allready (this for the price)

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote