AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-03, 02:44   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

[Manga] Does Natsuki truly like Tate, or...

I've been thinking about this today. I've read up to chapter 19 now, and I can't figure out whether Natsuki really likes Tate, or if she's just pretending that she likes him so that he will like her and hence want to be with her. Natsuki clearly mentioned in chapter 5 that she wanted Tate to stay by her side so that she could call forth her child.....but maybe she does really like him? Hmmm

Spoiler for Chapter 17:

I would like to believe that yes, Natsuki likes Tate. If she didn't then she'd keep calling him "slave-kun" and being forceful about him, but as time goes on we hear her calling him by his name and not being so demanding that he spend every moment with her. What do you guys think?

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Old 2005-01-03, 06:40   Link #2
Rotweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I've been thinking about this today. I've read up to chapter 19 now, and I can't figure out whether Natsuki really likes Tate, or if she's just pretending that she likes him so that he will like her and hence want to be with her. Natsuki clearly mentioned in chapter 5 that she wanted Tate to stay by her side so that she could call forth her child.....but maybe she does really like him? Hmmm

Spoiler for Chapter 17:

I would like to believe that yes, Natsuki likes Tate. If she didn't then she'd keep calling him "slave-kun" and being forceful about him, but as time goes on we hear her calling him by his name and not being so demanding that he spend every moment with her. What do you guys think?

I agree that I think she's slowly falling for him. The catfight between her and Mai won't be pretty to watch though. Hmm, I actually wonder now which one is worse Mai vs Natsuki or Mai vs Shiho.
Old 2005-01-03, 07:01   Link #3
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I think it's pretty darn established that it's a Mai x Tate x Natsuki love triangle in the manga. And actually, I think the Nurse and Midori are starting to act funny towards him as well.

**bangs head against desktop

Does it matter, though? Tate's going to end up with Mai in both the anime and manga.
Old 2005-01-03, 07:13   Link #4
TrueKnight

Yea, Tate is da playah. Natsuki clearly falls for him. First she thought of him as a slave-tool, but as we know he really grew in her as time pases on. Hey who knows, maybe all the girls will fall for Tate in the future chapters for god's sakes.

Go Tate X Natsuki.

Maybe there will be a miracle and Tate would end up with Natsuki? Seeing the complete different stands up points of the manga and the anime. It is possible. It's a two different universe.

Although the title of MAI-HiME seems like sums it up though.

And btw how many manga chapters are there right know anyway? Raw. If anyone know.
Old 2005-01-03, 08:16   Link #5
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The first law of love triangles: the love interest that is introduced first wins.
Old 2005-01-03, 08:17   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
And btw how many manga chapters are there right know anyway? Raw. If anyone know.

19 that I've found. Only Champion mag scans are out for chapters 9 and above, and those scans suck....royally. That's why we at yanime (un)patiently wait for the good scans to come out and do our editing off of those.

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Old 2005-01-03, 18:38   Link #7
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I've been wondering about that myself actually. I'm pretty sure Natsuki likes him. I was wondering more about the school nurse and Tate though. I've read up to chapter 15 and I've been noticing something's going on between them. But of course this is basically a harem manga, all the girls dig Tate, exentually. Heh, I wonder if there'll be more Nao and Tate, that stuff in chapters 8 and 9 was .

I'm rooting for Natsuki x Tate for manga, but you guys are right... it's always the first love interest that wins...

I want an Omake then dammit!