AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-10, 11:58   Link #821
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Well it just seems to me that Road is interested in Allen for being such a kind person, way back from when they first met so that she can take joy in tormenting him.

Can't recall the exact wording but Road did say something like "I wouldn't want my dream to come true. Otherwise I won't be able to torture Allen anymore."

Might have been from the recent anime episodes. If anime and the manga could mix like this.

Now that you've mentioned it, I remembered something else that was recently said in the anime...

In the room where Road and Tykki were talking, Road brought up that the Noahs all have a dark nature within them, that urges them to kill Exorcists and destroy Innocences.

So that means that she herself has two sides. As a 'human' she's in love with Allen, but the Noah instincts within makes her wish to torture him as well...

...Man, talk about complicating


P.S - I'm reading the last manga chap now... Damn, this chap has tons of info! Alot more that people were letting on!

Oh and for the record,

Spoiler for Sherril:




P.P.S - LOL, Allen made Lulubell cry !!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
In any case, I'm thinking if Allen inherited the 14th's abilities, it would include the memories as well. That's probably going to be a lot to deal with, when it comes true.
Maybe, maybe not.

As it was reveal by Road in this chapter...


Spoiler for 158:
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:08   Link #822
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now that you've mentioned it, I remembered something else that was recently said in the anime...

In the room where Road and Tykki were talking, Road brought up that the Noahs all have a dark nature within them, that urges them to kill Exorcists and destroy Innocences.

So that means that she herself has two sides. As a 'human' she's in love with Allen, but the Noah instincts within makes her wish to torture him as well...

...Man, talk about complicating
Isn't there an old quote, "you always hate the ones you love?"

Rather fits here doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - I'm reading the last manga chap now... Damn, this chap has tons of info! Alot more that people were letting on!

Oh and for the record,

Spoiler for Sherril:
Spoiler for Sherril:
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:13   Link #823
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Isn't there an old quote, "you always hate the ones you love?"

Rather fits here doesn't it?
That's for Tsunderes

In This case, it would be "Love 'em to death."

But still doesn't feel right


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Spoiler for Sherril:
*Shrug*

It happens.

Daughters have the strongest (Not to mention strangest) effects on fathers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Spoiler for Sherril:

Not the first time super humans did it.

Fulmetal Alchemist, anyone?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:21   Link #824
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's for Tsunderes

In This case, it would be "Love 'em to death."

But still doesn't feel right
If you put it like that, I guess so.

Actually both quotes kinda apply, I guess.

The Noah and Human sides of Road's personality are such total opposites in the same body....
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:23   Link #825
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now that you've mentioned it, I remembered something else that was recently said in the anime...

In the room where Road and Tykki were talking, Road brought up that the Noahs all have a dark nature within them, that urges them to kill Exorcists and destroy Innocences.

So that means that she herself has two sides. As a 'human' she's in love with Allen, but the Noah instincts within makes her wish to torture him as well...

...Man, talk about complicating
Yup that should be the scene. And boy will it be a mess if that is true.

Quote:
P.S - I'm reading the last manga chap now... Damn, this chap has tons of info! Alot more that people were letting on!
The true meaning behind the evolution of Akuma. And that the Earl is still a human at his heart?

Not much to offer about the Earl's end but as in the case of evolution, the Akumas are probably intended to reach a peak intended within the Earl's vision.

Btw, what's up with the 'Duke' this chapter? The title changes along with the form?


Quote:
Spoiler for Sherril:
And there's the version of Noah-Komui.

Quote:
P.P.S - LOL, Allen made Lulubell cry !!!!
Shurill: You made her cry!

Allen: ...



Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.

As it was reveal by Road in this chapter...


Spoiler for 158:
No no not along those lines.

I'm talking about the Noah memory each Noah has. Like Skin's Rage. What effect would the Noah memory of the 14th have on Allen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
If you put it like that, I guess so.

Actually both quotes kinda apply, I guess.

The Noah and Human sides of Road's personality are such total opposites in the same body....
The child-like quality of the Human Road gives the innocent, cruel characteristic the Noah side carries. Much like how a young child might kill a insect by playing with it, innocent curiosity is blurred with intentional cruelty sometimes.

Two sides of the same coin in the end.
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:43   Link #826
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Btw, what's up with the 'Duke' this chapter? The title changes along with the form?

Either that, or he got a promotion

Baron -> Earl/Count -> Duke


But I think it's more like just a name, in the sense that to the ordinary Humans, he's the Duke. To the Order, he's the Earl. To the Noahs, he's the Count.

Either ways, he's a nobleman.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
No no not along those lines.

I'm talking about the Noah memory each Noah has. Like Skin's Rage. What effect would the Noah memory of the 14th have on Allen?
'Will' itself is very general, but I think we're already seeing the effects of it.

Allen's will to live, to save both humans and Akuma till the end.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And there's the version of Noah-Komui.
Indeed.

You know, in the Reverse Novel, Komui was already suspicious of Lenalee liking Allen. Needless to say he wasn't please at all...

But Komui is only human, Shurill on the other hand... If he ever finds out that his beloved daughter kissed Allen...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:50   Link #827
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Indeed.

You know, in the Reverse Novel, Komui was already suspicious of Lenalee liking Allen. Needless to say he wasn't please at all...
So, what are the chances he'll invite Lou Fa to HQ so she can throw herself at Allen?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:11   Link #828
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Either that, or he got a promotion

Baron -> Earl/Count -> Duke
Wait, is that in from lowest ascending or greatest descending? 'cause if it's the latter you've got it wrong.

Not nitpicking or anything, just clarifying.

But, as far as I know, Hakushaku 伯爵 is Japanese for Earl/Count.

THIS is the Kanji for Duke: 公爵 koshaku

AFAIK, from what I remember of the RAW, the romaji is still Sennen Ko if read proper, it can still mean Millenium Earl, according to some translations, but properly read, it is Millenium Duke.

Allen and the Exorcists still call him Hakushaku by title, so I assume Chaos2Frozen's right in this aspect, it differs according to who's referring to him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'Will' itself is very general, but I think we're already seeing the effects of it.

Allen's will to live, to save both humans and Akuma till the end.
That's actually more inclined towards the resolve aspect of a will, is it not?
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 14:24   Link #829
Umaibo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
So, the Earl is human and he still lived for a thousand years? (Things are starting to confuse me. =_=)
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 15:29   Link #830
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Didn't have the chance to comment about ch. 158 at the morning, but I am very excited on the turn Katsura-sensei has taken the direction of the story into.

The manga-ka has actually expanded the scope and the nature of the story.

Spoiler for the Earl's Master Plan:


The only impediments and worries that the Earl is thinking about are:
Spoiler:


For Shurill I infered that his Noah aspect either could be 'ambition' or 'greed'.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:08   Link #831
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
About the Earl letting Allen live: he also did it in one of the Early chapters, around the time he met Lenalee, IIRC. He'd attacked Allen and Lenalee with lots of level 1 akumas, but didn't join the battle himself. At the time I thought it was because he was weak, and needed others to do his fighting for him, but that's been disproved since. So he let two exorcists go for no reason.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:43   Link #832
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
So, the Earl is human and he still lived for a thousand years? (Things are starting to confuse me. =_=)
Katsura-sensei based the Earl's character from the Count of St. Germain, who he was a real-life person; famous alchemist and occultist.

A tale claims that the Count might be still alive even in our present-day era.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 18:49   Link #833
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Looks like we all like the new Noah and Road's look in this chapter.

As I've mentioned before, the chess game of global domination officially begins. As to who is playing against the Earl, I'm not really sure. I think it'll be Cross + Allen.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 21:12   Link #834
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Wait, is that in from lowest ascending or greatest descending? 'cause if it's the latter you've got it wrong.
Why did you asume that I got the wrong way around ?

Yes, I know the Baron is the lowest rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
That's actually more inclined towards the resolve aspect of a will, is it not?
Like I've said, Will itself is very general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
So, the Earl is human and he still lived for a thousand years? (Things are starting to confuse me. =_=)
In the earlier volumes of the story, the Author herself said that the Earl is based off an actual person, who is rumored to have been immortal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Katsura-sensei based the Earl's character from the Count of St. Germain, who he was a real-life person; famous alchemist and occultist.

A tale claims that the Count might be still alive even in our present-day era.
Hoshino says she based the Earl of Millennium off a legendary alchemist/preacher (most likely the Count of St Germain or Nicolas Flamel, though in many ways he also reminiscent of Dorian Gray, possibly referenced in "Dorian Grey man" and thus "D.Gray-Man", as adapted in the film The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) whose tale even claims he still may be alive somewhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Looks like we all like the new Noah and Road's look in this chapter.

As I've mentioned before, the chess game of global domination officially begins. As to who is playing against the Earl, I'm not really sure. I think it'll be Cross + Allen.
Allen is part of the pieces.

But as was hinted several time, he's the most dangerous piece.

Both him and Cross are the only ones who has screwed him so many times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
For Shurill I infered that his Noah aspect either could be 'ambition' or 'greed'.
Spoiler:
It could also be possible that he might represent 'Love'.

After all, we can't just focus on the 'dark' side. We got to see how he usually act around others.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-05-10 at 22:32.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 23:19   Link #835
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Katsura-sensei based the Earl's character from the Count of St. Germain, who he was a real-life person; famous alchemist and occultist.

A tale claims that the Count might be still alive even in our present-day era.
Makes sense, he appears in Rozen Maiden as well, as the dolls' immortal "Father"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why did you asume that I got the wrong way around ?
Human nature to always assume the worst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It could also be possible that he might represent 'Love'.

After all, we can't just focus on the 'dark' side. We got to see how he usually act around others.
True, but then again, sometimes a Noah's aspect may not be very clear.

In my case, if they had not said Tyki was Pleasure or Road was the Dream, I wouldn't have got it either.
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 01:23   Link #836
ThoHell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Wow, chapter 158 was rather different and interesting. Saw all the Noahs and Earl in a new light, mainly saying they looked different, ESPECIALLY THE EARL. WTF? So the plot thickens, rather exciting!!!
__________________
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 01:35   Link #837
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post



Allen is part of the pieces.

But as was hinted several time, he's the most dangerous piece.

Both him and Cross are the only ones who has screwed him so many times.
I think from a piece, he will graduate to become a player.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 02:16   Link #838
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Actually, isn't it already written in destiny that he is?
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 02:22   Link #839
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
There's a difference; To put it in a bad way, being a piece means that he has to do the dirty work, awhile risking his life on the field.

Cross on the other hand, is the 'player' (Lol, in more ways than one), he usually sits away from danger while manipulating the pieces.

And like the chess players, he's the one who knows more than the others.

Allen has, and will always be, a piece. Until somebody else can take over him.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 03:12   Link #840
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Actually, Allen is more a piece to the Innocence, that uses him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.