AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-15, 16:50   Link #821
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
I was wondering with a friend what is blatantly fanon in the Hime/Otome universe. We collected few, silly, things, maybe someone could name others.
Like: Mai being the one with the biggest breasts (wrong, from the character sheet, that one is Haruka), Natsuki don't liking onions (I read it in countless fanfictions and I still don't know why...), Nagi being a midget (while he's as tall as other characters with his same age, like Takumi), Nao being a bitch (a real one, I mean )...

Others?
Natsuki hates onions, specifically negi (welsh onions/spring onions ) because of a
Mai- HiME radio drama in which
Spoiler for Mai HiME radio, Natsuki's cold:


Or something like that XD
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:21   Link #822
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
It's funny! Thank you, I absolutely didn't get it ^__^
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:39   Link #823
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Fanon, you say?

- Assuming that HiME and Otome occur in the same universe, and that Miyu (and possibly Mikoto) is the same in both.
- Assuming that Earl is a future Earth, just because of the moon and the underwater "Fuka" building. (Except that Zwei shows another one in Artai, so at least one of them isn't the actual Fuka Academy.)

Note that the above two are true in the manga.

- Assuming that Searrs created the Otome technology, because of the symbol that resembles the Searrs logo. This can only be true if the first item is.
- Assuming that Nagi and Mashiro are the same in both. This one can be considered Jossed. We actually see younger versions of both in flashbacks in Otome, so they at least grew up on Earl.
- Assuming that the Pure White Diamond and the Ultimate Black Diamond are the same GEM. This is highly debated, but as I said before, it's never explicitly confirmed, and I consider the evidence against it to be stronger than the evidence for it.
- Assuming that certain GEMs are good or evil. GEMs are just technology; it's how they are used that matters. As Midori put it: "An Otome represents power, nothing else."
- Assuming that Miyu's meddling with the Administar "turned the Otome into HiME", because of the HiME symbol and the words "Highly-advanced Materialising Equipment" appearing on the screen. Otome are already HiME - 乙-type HiME, to be exact. They can't be "turned" into something they already are.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:11   Link #824
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Fanon, you say?

- Assuming that the Pure White Diamond and the Ultimate Black Diamond are the same GEM. This is highly debated, but as I said before, it's never explicitly confirmed, and I consider the evidence against it to be stronger than the evidence for it.
Now it has been confirm by the Otome Graph Book and the scan that Rogueman_8 gave us, just here -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=27132&page=31

And it's not that I wanna open again the discussion about it... But at the end, the UBD turn white... And some time ago, it is mention that the PWD turned black... Anyway, whatever...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 22:31   Link #825
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Now it has been confirm by the Otome Graph Book and the scan that Rogueman_8 gave us, just here -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=27132&page=31

And it's not that I wanna open again the discussion about it... But at the end, the UBD turn white... And some time ago, it is mention that the PWD turned black... Anyway, whatever...
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll have to explain that as well...
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 17:06   Link #826
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Thank you Sikon for the exhaustive list.

Well, I've always thought too that the UBD wasn't the PWD. Uhmm... now they must explain me how the Garderobe lost its most precious GEM!!!! ^_^
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 18:08   Link #827
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
I really don't think we can defer that the UBD is the PWD from that picture. Sure there's an arrow connecting the two, but the text is too blurry and small to get a concise statement.

Okay, GEMs are essentially programs right? Perhaps the UBD and PWD are "formatted" in the same way.

Blurry text picture doesn't prove it for me.
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 19:03   Link #828
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
I really don't think we can defer that the UBD is the PWD from that picture. Sure there's an arrow connecting the two, but the text is too blurry and small to get a concise statement.

Okay, GEMs are essentially programs right? Perhaps the UBD and PWD are "formatted" in the same way.

Blurry text picture doesn't prove it for me.
And the fact that those pages show the former and the new owner of a GEM ?

(Like Lena > Arika, Ayane > Lena, Elliot > Sara, Una > Shizuru...)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:18   Link #829
Brandt
And Beyond
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
And the fact that those pages show the former and the new owner of a GEM ?

(Like Lena > Arika, Ayane > Lena, Elliot > Sara, Una > Shizuru...)
Well I think I've lurked long enough, so it's about time I give my input.

The pages are actually quite easy to follow. Considering I need a reprieve from my studying for my exams, I even colour-coded the pages for simplicity's sake, although I hope Rogueman doesn't mind.

Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 01:54   Link #830
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
I still say the evidence between the PWD and UBD being seperate GEMs is too great.

1. Okay, when the heck did Nagi get it?

2. John Smith recognized the UBD

3. Heck, I think Miyu even mentioned it.

4. Why do we even want to know? XD I swear, this forum delights in killing cat-girls *LOL*
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:10   Link #831
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
I guess that page means Ayane is canon?
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:11   Link #832
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Probably.

But it'll probably never be mentioned XD
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 11:54   Link #833
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
Probably.

But it'll probably never be mentioned XD
So true, which leads me to another question. Did sunrise ever finised the MO manga and novel about that Ayane girl?
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 15:18   Link #834
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post

Okay, GEMs are essentially programs right? Perhaps the UBD and PWD are "formatted" in the same way.

Uhmm... now that I think of it...
If we assume that GEM are not really programs but clients of a core server (the Shinso) containing the materializing program, maybe that "stained with despair" could mean only that the PWD was corrupted by a virus to materialize not its usual robe, but something very different.

(yeah... a lame attempt to explain the inexplicable )
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 17:28   Link #835
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Uhmm... now that I think of it...
If we assume that GEM are not really programs but clients of a core server (the Shinso) containing the materializing program, maybe that "stained with despair" could mean only that the PWD was corrupted by a virus to materialize not its usual robe, but something very different.

(yeah... a lame attempt to explain the inexplicable )
"Lame", no.
At least, you tried something !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 21:55   Link #836
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
I think a virus would likely just disable it altogether. This seems like conscious tampering, but I have no idea who could cause it.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 07:49   Link #837
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
"Lame", no.
At least, you tried something !
Eeheh... thank you. Yeah, it's interesting to try to figure out what is going on with those GEM excluding the "magic factor". All things considered, Arthur C. Clarke wrote that "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.", and this could be the case.

A virus program could have been designed not to disable but to materialize with that GEM something else than its usual robe, connecting the PWD to a different ring GEM.
In this way, the new Master could utilize the power of the Otome in a different form, having completely overridden the former contract.
Who could cause it... no idea. But, for sure, someone with a deep knowledge of how the old technology works.
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:12   Link #838
White night selenite
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
If we assume, that PWD was used with Harmonium...
I just want to say that if Harmonium can even bind dimensions, then corrupting some GEM with some kind of "virus" is a piece of cake, don't you think?
White night selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:29   Link #839
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
My only issue is the following things

1. Both John Smith and Miyu recognized the UBD, does this mean it appeared before? If so does that mean that it's BEEN the UBD and not the PWD?

2. If the UBD is the PWD, then when did Nagi get his hands on it? If in Zwei Yuuna stole the PWD when she took Fumi's body, when was it taken and returned before hand? Nagi seemed to have it BEFORE the entire take over of Garderobe was complete.
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 22:24   Link #840
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N City, N Oblast
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by White night selenite View Post
I just want to say that if Harmonium can even bind dimensions, then corrupting some GEM with some kind of "virus" is a piece of cake, don't you think?
Do you expect the dimension-binding Harmonium to change the desktop theme on your computer? Same thing.
__________________
"The Expanded Otomeverse"

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.