AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 01:23   Link #841
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
2. If the UBD is the PWD, then when did Nagi get his hands on it?
Oh god, does it really matter so much? He got it - that's all. You are supposed to acknowledge that without any questions, just like the serie creators did

Quote:
If in Zwei Yuuna stole the PWD when she took Fumi's body, when was it taken and returned before hand?
It's obvious that they took it from Nagi after imprisonment.

Quote:
Quote:
I just want to say that if Harmonium can even bind dimensions, then corrupting some GEM with some kind of "virus" is a piece of cake, don't you think?
Do you expect the dimension-binding Harmonium to change the desktop theme on your computer? Same thing.
Same as above - PWD turned into UBD. It's a fact. The end. No additional theories needed
Old 2008-05-05, 04:11   Link #842
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
I can kill cat-girls too if I want to.

Godssake.. I'm an advocate of the "You don't really need a reason, it just happened" mindset. But TONS of people overanalyis many aspects of Otome and HiME. I can do the same thing now and then thank you very much.
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:15   Link #843
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

I'm not overanalyzing, I'm just pointing out violations of common sense. As Justin B. Rye put it: "Above all; I am not serious. I might criticise, but I wouldn't stop watching it."

I have no problem with flying nanomachine-powered girls punching each other and firing energy beams, but if, say, Arika suddenly started flying without a Robe or firing energy beams out of her mouth, or if Nina suddenly turned into a black person through the contact with the Harmonium, I think I'd be entitled to complain.

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 09:20   Link #844
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

And then, unlike Mai Hime, that has to do with fantasy and magic (thus, it doesn't need an explanation), Mai Otome is a sci-fiction show. So, as any sci-fi show, it should provides solid reasons why things happen. Even technobubbles are ok, but at least they have to be logical. Mai Otome doesn't do that and, in my opinion, to point out its faults it's not overanalyzing, but simply recognizing his serious plot holes. That a sci-fi show shouldn't have. ;-)
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 13:29   Link #845
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
And then, unlike Mai Hime, that has to do with fantasy and magic (thus, it doesn't need an explanation), Mai Otome is a sci-fiction show. So, as any sci-fi show, it should provides solid reasons why things happen. Even technobubbles are ok, but at least they have to be logical. Mai Otome doesn't do that and, in my opinion, to point out its faults it's not overanalyzing, but simply recognizing his serious plot holes. That a sci-fi show shouldn't have. ;-)
Couldn't agree more. I mean sunrise is so annoying when it comes to that kind of stuff. They can make the MO characters do all that like Shikon said, as long as they have some kind of explaniation. Hell i'm even down with one that like "Because God allowed it to". It's a rediculos one but it's an explanation. I wish sunrise would stop with all these plot holes!
Old 2008-05-05, 14:23   Link #846
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
XD The "everyone overanalyzes" statement was sarcasm. I didn't mean offense. ^^ Sorry if it seemed that way.
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:05   Link #847
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
XD The "everyone overanalyzes" statement was sarcasm. I didn't mean offense. ^^ Sorry if it seemed that way.
Oh don't worry, i wasn't offended. ^^ I have to agree there are time were we do overanalyze about some stuff and we forget that in the end the things are there simply because sunrise just "put them there" Which i have to say that the stuff in MO that can be applyed to that is probably 70% lol
Old 2008-05-08, 00:04   Link #848
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

This is not a question, I just wanted to note that I've found a kanji/hiragana version of Arika's name: 夢宮ありか. (In Otome it's written in katakana: アリカ・ユメミヤ).

It's here: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%88%9E-HiME . Apparently it's from some PSP HiME game that includes Arika as a character.

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water."
~ Samantha Carter
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 02:23   Link #849
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
This is not a question, I just wanted to note that I've found a kanji/hiragana version of Arika's name: 夢宮ありか. (In Otome it's written in katakana: アリカ・ユメミヤ).

It's here: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%88%9E-HiME . Apparently it's from some PSP HiME game that includes Arika as a character.
It's listed as that in the Destiny drama CD as well.

As for the other names, in case anyone is curious;
雛菊巴 : Hinagiku? Tomoe.
鈴末美也 : Suzuki? Miya.
神崎零 : Kanzaki Rei.

Everyone else is the same. Looking through it, I just realized how long Mashiro Blan de Windbloom is, rofl. -slow-

Edit:
I was re-watching the Mai-Otome DVD Specials because of a friend and it's also listed as 夢宮ありか in the fake trailer. >___>

少し頭冷やそうか?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2008-05-08 at 18:19. Reason: lolwot.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 18:20   Link #850
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
That's just because My-Otome was supposed to be more European than Japanese.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 05:57   Link #851
gashunum

Can anyone please translate "contract"/"certification" used in otome to Japanese? Thanks.
gashunum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 22:02   Link #852
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum View Post
Can anyone please translate "contract"/"certification" used in otome to Japanese? Thanks.
Contract is "keiyaku" and certification is "ninshou."
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 01:10   Link #853
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Forgive if I am necroposting and if this question had already been asked but did the Mai Otome manga took place before the anime or was the anime created during the time the anime was being developed? Was the manga created before the anime and the anime took concepts from the manga or were they both made at the same time with anime being released later?
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 01:43   Link #854
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Forgive if I am necroposting and if this question had already been asked but did the Mai Otome manga took place before the anime or was the anime created during the time the anime was being developed? Was the manga created before the anime and the anime took concepts from the manga or were they both made at the same time with anime being released later?
According to wikipedia:

Quote:
My-Otome (舞-乙HiME Mai-Otome?) is the manga counterpart to Sunrise's My-Otome series, following a storyline different from that of the anime. [...] its first publication in August 2005, two months prior to the release of the anime.
Old 2008-07-14, 12:18   Link #855
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
What is the difference between the Mai Otome manga, the Zwei manga and the Arashi manga?
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 12:48   Link #856
Brandt
And Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
What is the difference between the Mai Otome manga, the Zwei manga and the Arashi manga?
The Arashi manga is a "sequel" of sorts to the Otome manga. I wasn't aware that there was a Zwei manga, but my guess is that it's a manga adaptation of My-Otome Zwei (OVA).
Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 13:12   Link #857
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Yeah, it's not a direct sequel to the Mai Otome manga, and it has some differences from the OAV, mainly regarding Nina's role.
Old 2008-07-15, 02:22   Link #858
solarknight123

Quote:
Yeah, it's not a direct sequel to the Mai Otome manga, and it has some differences from the OAV, mainly regarding Nina's role.
So what are the changes to nina's role?
Old 2008-07-15, 03:41   Link #859
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

As far as I can tell, since I don't have a copy in English, her Otome powers seems gone, and she fights without materializing any Robe. Also, in the end she comes back to Sergay with whom she seems to have a "real" love story.
Old 2008-07-15, 06:57   Link #860
solarknight123

Quote:
As far as I can tell, since I don't have a copy in English, her Otome powers seems gone, and she fights without materializing any Robe. Also, in the end she comes back to Sergay with whom she seems to have a "real" love story.
Wow really creped out with the whole "Sergay love story thing".