AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-06, 23:48   Link #1001
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabuza Incarnate
I did. You said that Celestial Gates is self-destructive. Well if Chidori can kill you, isn't it self-destructive too?
The Gates are innately self-destructive. Successfully pulling off a move after opening them will always hurt you.

The chidori has its flaws but it isn't dangerous when executed properly.

EDIT: I give up.

Last edited by Dez; 2004-08-07 at 01:30.
Old 2004-08-07, 01:11   Link #1002
Zabuza Incarnate
Demon of the Hidden Mist

Send a message via AIM to Zabuza Incarnate
Do it too many times can hurt/kill you.

Old 2004-08-07, 06:51   Link #1003
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
I did. You said that Celestial Gates is self-destructive. Well if Chidori can kill you, isn't it self-destructive too?
You did not. My point was: Every jutsu is dangerous if you don't have enough chakra left, because it is dangerous to be completly out of chakra. No chakra = no stamina = no body energy = trouble. If you use Chidori properly, you won't hurt yourself, whereas you will hurt yourself with the Gates no matter what. Using Chidori won't cripple you like the Gates crippled Lee.
Old 2004-08-07, 11:03   Link #1004
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I have a question of my own. In the last episode when Kabuto splattered some blood on Naruto's eyes, he was rubbing it off furiously as if he got some soap in his eyes. Is there something special about Kabuto's blood or am I just reading into it too much? For the record, Naruto has been splattered by blood a few time even if it was mixed with snake-guts without having him shown the same reaction. Looking toward the manga readers for some enlightenment. PM me if it is too spoiler-rific to post into this thread.
That's just a question of time flow, in the anime it looks like Naruto rubs his eyes during age whereas in the manga this little clash between Naruto and Kabuto lasted less than 2s.
In just no time, almost at the same instant, Kabuto made a little jump, blinded Naruto with his blood by moving his right hand, countered the kunai of one clone with his own kunai in his left hand, crushed the 2 others clones under his feet, disarmed and grabbed the left clone instantaneously to thraw him over the real Naruto, ending this little clash.
Old 2004-08-07, 17:06   Link #1005
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
You did not. My point was: Every jutsu is dangerous if you don't have enough chakra left, because it is dangerous to be completly out of chakra. No chakra = no stamina = no body energy = trouble. If you use Chidori properly, you won't hurt yourself, whereas you will hurt yourself with the Gates no matter what. Using Chidori won't cripple you like the Gates crippled Lee.
When Sasuke overstepped his limits with Chidori (against Gaara) the jutsu failed and Sasuke was still alive - just unable to use any superhuman abilities (jutsus, insane jumping, quick running, etc. etc.)
Old 2004-08-07, 20:54   Link #1006
Sensei-Jei
Anime Hunter+

wakata "tebayo!!!"... tebayo?!?

That "tebayo" thing , someone knows what it mean? , i just notice that naruto almost say those everytime he's goin to say someting.
Oh no, my signature was 150 x 112 pixels animated in 41 frames and 476 KB. That's way too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now. Since Opera can reveal image information with only two clicks I had better get it right next time
I really want to apologize for such kind words, mods, I dont know who u are, but ur so amusing , I dont know that it's against ur ass but u can just tell me & I can just delete it, is this the way u handle things? ok cupcakes , arrest me, I'm guilty
Old 2004-08-07, 20:57   Link #1007
lotus_lee

You mean 'dattebayo'? It's like a kiddy way of saying 'ok!' at the end of a sentence. Of course, someone else here should give you a better explanation as I don't know much Japanese.
Old 2004-08-07, 21:08   Link #1008
zindryr
Bakafish Person and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
You mean 'dattebayo'? It's like a kiddy way of saying 'ok!' at the end of a sentence. Of course, someone else here should give you a better explanation as I don't know much Japanese.
Close enough. From what a Japanese friend of mine told me, (he's not entirely reliable all the time, been too Americanized), it is basically a little piece of speech that adds emphasis to what you're saying, but it's more along the lines of what a punk kid or little gangster would say to add emphasis to his sentence.
Old 2004-08-07, 21:32   Link #1009
Darth_E_
Freelance TS'er/Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zindryr
Close enough. From what a Japanese friend of mine told me, (he's not entirely reliable all the time, been too Americanized), it is basically a little piece of speech that adds emphasis to what you're saying, but it's more along the lines of what a punk kid or little gangster would say to add emphasis to his sentence.
Yeah, the word itself doesnt translate to anything, its added to give the listener an impression that the speaker is a noisy brat. Sakura for instance end her speechs with "yo", which gives her speechs a "girly taste". Orochimaru also finishs many of his sentences with "yo" at the end,..which add to the reasons of why many people think of his as a g**, XD

Yours,
-Elly
Old 2004-08-07, 22:08   Link #1010
Sensei-Jei
Anime Hunter+

Arigato, Arigato!!!!^_^ , so that's wat it is, it's really cool, tnx for explaining things guys, it's just that, i don't have a jap fella to ask something like that, tnx a lot, >>> wakatadattebayo!!!
Oh no, my signature was 150 x 112 pixels animated in 41 frames and 476 KB. That's way too big and it has been deleted by a forum Mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now. Since Opera can reveal image information with only two clicks I had better get it right next time
I really want to apologize for such kind words, mods, I dont know who u are, but ur so amusing , I dont know that it's against ur ass but u can just tell me & I can just delete it, is this the way u handle things? ok cupcakes , arrest me, I'm guilty
Old 2004-08-07, 22:11   Link #1011
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly
Yeah, the word itself doesnt translate to anything, its added to give the listener an impression that the speaker is a noisy brat. Sakura for instance end her speechs with "yo", which gives her speechs a "girly taste". Orochimaru also finishs many of his sentences with "yo" at the end,..which add to the reasons of why many people think of his as a g**, XD

Yours,
-Elly
Yo adds exclamation, not girly taste, have ne or something would be girly
Old 2004-08-07, 22:23   Link #1012
Darth_E_
Freelance TS'er/Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Yo adds exclamation, not girly taste, have ne or something would be girly
Ah, that may be the case, well I read about it somewhere I ll see if I can locate that site and post it here.

edit : meh, couldnt find it :/

Yours,
-Elly
Old 2004-08-07, 22:25   Link #1013
zindryr
Bakafish Person and Stuff

Yeah, 'yo' is a simple exclamation, neither male or female. A more feminine exclamation is 'wa', but I think that has been fading out as feminine and is kind of like a softer exclamation now.
Old 2004-08-07, 22:43   Link #1014
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

it's like kenshin's "de gozaru yo".. say its a dialect, but i think its rather putting more emphasis to what he says and describes what kind of person he is (noisy kid)..
Old 2004-08-07, 23:08   Link #1015
BlackDove
Unheard

They should just use "URUSAI!!!" at the end of each sentence - that way the fights would move quicker, and drags like 94 wouldn't happen.
Old 2004-08-08, 00:15   Link #1016
AnimeNewtype101
Anime/Manga Tensai

Send a message via AIM to AnimeNewtype101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Granted that Chidori won't make you a cripple, but neither will the Celestial Gates I mean all that the gates will do is damage your body alot........ just like a normal battle will do, the amount of damage however will depend on how many gates the person opens.

In the Anime/Manga, Lee did not become a cripple due to the gates he only became cripple due to Gaara's Two-Part Attack Desert Coffin and Desert Graveyard, I'm sure alot of people other than myself have realized this already but the doctors were referring to the arm and leg that got caught in Gaara's attack. The damage that was recieved by the Celestial Gates were severe but a few weeks of rest and maybe some healing jutsus and those injuries might have been completely healed.

Also The Chidori and Celestial Gates are the same thing to me, both are double-edge swords. The Gates will probably win you the match automatically depending on the opponent but it will damage your body, the Chidori will waste alot of chakra whether or not it hits the opponent.

I mean even Lee said it himself even if he could do this technique due to the risk of having your arm so far out and running in a straight path the enemy could possibly counter him, the only reason Kakashi or Sasuke could successfully pull this technique off is due to the Sharigan..... of course than again this attack would mean squat to opponents who are extremely fast like Gai or even Itachi, hell even Zabuza could have avoided this attack if not for all those dogs chomping onto him and holding him in place.

Truthfully I rather have the guaranteed thing and go with the Celestial Gates what's a few broken bones and damaged muscles when you won against your opponent and survived to tell about it, also the Gates are good against multiple opponents while the Chidori is only good against a single person................. Like I said GO LEE!!!!!! and Gai too!!!
Old 2004-08-08, 00:23   Link #1017
Fool On The Hill

How the poop did Tsunade heal people in her days as a squad member with that insane hemophobia? If someone had an external wound and was bleeding all over the place, I dont understand how she could even get near them and heal them with that fear....did she just close her eyes and hope for the best?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fool On The Hill; 2004-08-08 at 00:38.
Old 2004-08-08, 01:31   Link #1018
Locke16

Is there gonna be a filler arc for sure? Or are people just assuming/ spreading rumours?

I hope there isnt.
Old 2004-08-08, 01:40   Link #1019
SurferX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
How the poop did Tsunade heal people in her days as a squad member with that insane hemophobia? If someone had an external wound and was bleeding all over the place, I dont understand how she could even get near them and heal them with that fear....did she just close her eyes and hope for the best?
I thought it was suggested that she didn't have that fear while she was a squad member but rather afterwards because it brought back those memories.
Old 2004-08-08, 01:45   Link #1020
GreenTze

Send a message via AIM to GreenTze
i have a question about gai's summon. what exactly is it suppse to do?

Compliments to Lexander for making this Signature
Closed Thread