AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2007-01-13, 23:02   Link #141
converter
Evil Baka

gm, found it ^^ It's called Best Friend ^^ no more help needed thx anyway c u ^^""
converter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 13:25   Link #142
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I have a question: anybody know when/if School Rumble Term. 3 will be made/aired?

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 10:51   Link #143
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNX View Post
I have a question: anybody know when/if School Rumble Term. 3 will be made/aired?
Exactly the same question i'd like to have an answer on...if anyone knows...please let us know...
Old 2007-01-30, 06:35   Link #144
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

Well there's no news yet but I'd guess that "Term 3" will be hitting our computer screens around October this year.

At least we know its definitely coming as we were pretty much told so at the end of SR:S2 Ep 26. We just have to play the waiting game.
Old 2007-02-12, 19:55   Link #145
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

But sadly, I dont like to play this game !
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:22   Link #146
gurakshun

yeah, i'm new here and i got a question:

i used to follow SR till like episode 6 or 7 of the anime, when it first started. so i don't know anything really about it

but seeing its popularity, im wondering if i should start reading the manga. the question is, has anything happened major in this story? or is like some kind of sitcom, where characters and character relationships are set in the beginning and then a bunch of random disjointed episodes that are purely comedy and no story development.
gurakshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:22   Link #147
gurakshun

woops, lag double post

Last edited by gurakshun; 2007-02-27 at 20:24. Reason: double post
gurakshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 11:34   Link #148
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurakshun
yeah, i'm new here and i got a question:

i used to follow SR till like episode 6 or 7 of the anime, when it first started. so i don't know anything really about it

but seeing its popularity, im wondering if i should start reading the manga. the question is, has anything happened major in this story? or is like some kind of sitcom, where characters and character relationships are set in the beginning and then a bunch of random disjointed episodes that are purely comedy and no story development.
Early SR is pretty much a bunch of comedy one-shots. That's the first two volumes of the manga, or the first 9 episodes of Season 1.

It's too bad that you stopped before Ep.10 S1. There's quite an interesting plot twist that develops after that point. You might say that it changes the direction of the story completely.

After that point, the story can be organized into story arcs, with a some strong character development for the major characters. You'll start to see much more focused story building after that point. Given that the manga is currently heading towards a conclusion, I'm sure that there's plenty of story development present to keep you happy.

From an anime perspective, a lot of S2 is filler, to prevent the anime from catching up with the manga. It's still a nice watch, but the manga tends to handle events a little more smoothly.

It's a worthwhile read.
Old 2007-03-04, 07:13   Link #149
allenlcy
pimp,retired

Send a message via MSN to allenlcy
the manga is to be released by junr or july...i can't guarantee that's a fraud but it's pretty much comfirmed the anime's gonna kickin in months after the maga are published,is it??
allenlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 07:24   Link #150
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenlcy View Post
the manga is to be released by junr or july...i can't guarantee that's a fraud but it's pretty much comfirmed the anime's gonna kickin in months after the maga are published,is it??
Ummm, what are you talking about here. Don't understand any of it.

"the manga is to be released by junr or july" What manga, the Japanese or American edition? And why should it matter, what is this in reference to?

Do you mean the anime is going to be released in June or July.

"the anime's gonna kickin in months after the maga are published" In general, the anime is produced after the manga is published but again, what in the world do you mean?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 12:10   Link #151
fubar84

Hey guys (and gals)
Am I correct in understanding that SRS1 basically covers the manga volumes 1-7? Which volumes does the S2 cover and does it follow the manga almost entirely like with S1? Thaaaanks
------------------------------------
Uguuuu~Yubikiri
fubar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 14:27   Link #152
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar84 View Post
Hey guys (and gals)
Am I correct in understanding that SRS1 basically covers the manga volumes 1-7? Which volumes does the S2 cover and does it follow the manga almost entirely like with S1? Thaaaanks
S1 goes up to about ch.100 or so. That makes it Volumes 1-8.

S2 starts off by picking up some of the Volume 8 chapters that S1 missed. Ep. 1-6 cover from Vol. 8-10 (stopping at around Ch.126 or so), Ep.7 is anime original filler, Ep. 9-19 go from Vol. 10-13 (stopping at around Ch.159 or so), Ep.20-22 is a mix of side chapters and anime original filler, Ep.23 covers a few important chapters from Vol.14, and Ep.24-26 is yet more anime original filler.

If there's a third season, the anime hints that it will pick up from Vol.14/15.
Old 2007-03-08, 19:04   Link #153
fubar84

Ok, thanks for the reply Swampstorm
------------------------------------
Uguuuu~Yubikiri
fubar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 03:54   Link #154
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post

If there's a third season, the anime hints that it will pick up from Vol.14/15.
How many volumes have been released in Japan? (Yes, I know I live there, but I'm too lazy to go to a book store and check for myself. )
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 19:35   Link #155
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
How many volumes have been released in Japan? (Yes, I know I live there, but I'm too lazy to go to a book store and check for myself. )
15 volumes thus far. 16 is announced and has a cover, but I don't think it's been released yet.
Old 2007-05-07, 16:19   Link #156
Reticia

It's so easy to guess that it's so stupid....but I'm pretty sure School Rumble 3 will come on September 2007, the 23rd. I only observed the airing dates of the previous seasons and thought a little bit
Old 2007-05-08, 08:02   Link #157
megadrei
Sia ~~ LiSiAnThUs ~~ Sia

Uhhh How many terms do School rUmbLe have now? I don't know if i bought the first part... >.<
Old 2007-05-09, 01:46   Link #158
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

swampstorm already answered one of my question, a question about where in the manga SR2 left off at and which volume i would want to pick up from...but i have another question...in the japanese manga, how "difficult" would it be to read and understand SR? i've only completed (actually on pace to complete) a japanese 101 course, can read hirigana's but struggle a bit with some katakanas, and not so freat in kanji...so with my level in japanese, would it be difficult or "easy" to read the japanese manga SR?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 19:30   Link #159
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadrei View Post
Uhhh How many terms do School rUmbLe have now? I don't know if i bought the first part... >.<
Technically, the characters in School Rumble are in their third term of the year at the moment. There's still only two seasons of the anime, if that's what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
swampstorm already answered one of my question, a question about where in the manga SR2 left off at and which volume i would want to pick up from...but i have another question...in the japanese manga, how "difficult" would it be to read and understand SR? i've only completed (actually on pace to complete) a japanese 101 course, can read hirigana's but struggle a bit with some katakanas, and not so freat in kanji...so with my level in japanese, would it be difficult or "easy" to read the japanese manga SR?
I think the difficulty of reading it in Japanese would depend a lot on how much exactly you learned in your Japanese 101 class. I think the best way to get this question answered for you would be to find a RAW chapter and try reading it.
Adam E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 20:32   Link #160
rikem

i'm searching names (and maybe some mechanicles details) about the two vehicules(/cars) driven by sasakura sensei (season 2 episode 19/chap #159 and season 2 episode 22/chap. sso~~ someone have some infos ?
rikem is offline   Reply With Quote