AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-30, 10:59   Link #241
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
My poor attempt at a gif can be seen as my avatar. Well, don't expect any competition in the future .. that one was enough for me I think. I managed to get her entire sequence down to 64k but the image quality fell apart with those last few tweaks to get the size down. A real shame. Doesn't look like I did much better on the small part I chose after that either. *_*

The amount of Arikas bouncing around on this page makes me want to leave asap, but cool work. Yes.. including the Arika gifs..

Oh yeah, and how the crap do I make a border? Do I have to go through every damned layer to make one for the entire sequence. Guess a custom action would be the best route, hey, is it possible to share actions? Must be..
__________________
╗PRESTěN│

Um... signature image in progress.
Preston is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 11:05   Link #242
Palani
///_^
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mushroom County, Mario World
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
My poor attempt at a gif can be seen as my avatar. Well, don't expect any competition in the future .. that one was enough for me I think. I managed to get her entire sequence down to 64k but the image quality fell apart with those last few tweaks to get the size down. A real shame. Doesn't look like I did much better on the small part I chose after that either. *_*

The amount of Arikas bouncing around on this page makes me want to leave asap, but cool work. Yes.. including the Arika gifs..

Oh yeah, and how the crap do I make a border? Do I have to go through every damned layer to make one for the entire sequence. Guess a custom action would be the best route, hey, is it possible to share actions? Must be..
It's quite possible. Check the thread in the General Chat. There are some pointers on there. The easiest way in Imageready though would be to make the border on a new layer above all other layers and then make sure that layer is visible on all frames which on default it should be. I've got a custom action for my default 2pixel 2color border but for a simple black border that's all I do.
Palani is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 11:08   Link #243
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Oh yeah, and how the crap do I make a border? Do I have to go through every damned layer to make one for the entire sequence. Guess a custom action would be the best route, hey, is it possible to share actions? Must be..
If you're using ImageReady, I wrote this small tutorial that might help you. It's one way to do it. Quick, easy and fun:

- http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=62

Edit: Ahh...I see Palani explained it exactly the same way.
Catgirls is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 11:10   Link #244
phaerax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: athens
Age: 30
just posting to show off my recently adopted bouncing Arika ^^

thanks a lot [Woland]! this pinkish red version is the best of them all imo. i ll try to make a fitting Gundam-Arika [edit] sig [/edit] too...
phaerax is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 11:14   Link #245
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
It's quite possible. Check the thread in the General Chat. There are some pointers on there. The easiest way in Imageready though would be to make the border on a new layer above all other layers and then make sure that layer is visible on all frames which on default it should be. I've got a custom action for my default 2pixel 2color border but for a simple black border that's all I do.
Yeah, that was my original theory but since there was one layer to each frame I didn't even consider there would be a 'visible on all frames option'. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it out with/if I make another.

Thanks as well Catgirls for the reply.
__________________
╗PRESTěN│

Um... signature image in progress.
Preston is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 12:03   Link #246
Fishbait
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Lol the Shiho getting whacked on the head ones are awesome
Fishbait is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 18:59   Link #247
Woland
Latin Rascal
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Wow Preston it's really your first Gif and you managed to get a 20 frame one? Congratulation!

I was doing the same sequence (a very hard and infamous one but with room for colors decrease) for
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca
I saw this part in the new op where Nina tranforms wearing a green meister robe...

Could you make me an gif image of that part? Please...
so for now I'll use that as a sample of my new frame






Only for nostalgic

__________________
Under Construction...
Woland is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 21:33   Link #248
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
Wow Preston it's really your first Gif and you managed to get a 20 frame one? Congratulation!

I was doing the same sequence (a very hard and infamous one but with room for colors decrease) for


so for now I'll use that as a sample of my new frame

That's so cool. I envy you guys who can make gif images.
mind if I take one and use it as an avatar?
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-01-30, 23:16   Link #249
Bloody
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[Woland
'This is a very good link... I'm already a big fan of Arashi^^ his/her gif are amazing but just to big for an AV... So I tried something more friendly (but I still need to work a lot on my patterns -_-)
Sweet!! there so cool Woland!! I WANT TO LEARN THAT TOO XD , and yeah ... Arashi is a good Avatar maker , I hope we can see his/her other works somehow ^_^

Last edited by Bloody; 2006-01-31 at 03:51.
Bloody is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 03:43   Link #250
Notaku
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005


still learning
Notaku is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 07:32   Link #251
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
Wow Preston it's really your first Gif and you managed to get a 20 frame one? Congratulation!
Cheers. Animated gifs arn't new to me if you are comming from a web development angle, menus and the like, but avatars made from video are, wanted to move onto Flash but never got around to it, used to work in Fireworks. Never used ImageReady before, actually, I hated it. PhotoshopCS2 is the only image editing program I use. Once I found the optimized menu I was right at home as if I was in Fireworks. Bit of poke about and thanks to the handy preview I got something half decent. And I had the added incentive of wanting to be the first person with Nina's sequence as an avatar. And I hoped the only..

Anyone wanting to learn to make them can very easily, if you've got ImageReady go right ahead and look at Catgirl's thread. Look out for the optimise panel as well, very useful.
__________________
╗PRESTěN│

Um... signature image in progress.
Preston is offline  
Old 2006-01-31, 07:58   Link #252
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
It's nice to see how just a simple link (pointing to AS forum too) has generated so many new gif-makers
I didn't thought, but anyway as you've seen, beside the very beginning, it's not that difficult. I would say that at the end, just a bit of patience is required (searching for the right sequence, deleting double frames etc. etc.).

And for questions, you may ask (not in this thread though, there's that one in "fan creation" serving this purpose). I had in my mind a couple of tutorials too, based on how to avoid the little common errors I see here and there and just due to unexperience, but I have still to develop them ^^

Meanwhile, keep up the good work, minna-san! ^^
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2006-02-03, 07:11   Link #253
Conri
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005

Eh... Super Antenna to the rescue.

Woland: Nice border frame. Inspired me to try to be a little fancier since I needed a thick border anyhow.

Notaku: Not bad. One of Arika's best poses, too. There's a couple repetitive frames you could remove to make the motion even smoother.
Spoiler for Notaku's Arika GIF:
__________________
Conri is offline  
Old 2006-02-03, 10:22   Link #254
Notaku
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
thnx for the advice ^^
Notaku is offline  
Old 2006-02-03, 14:47   Link #255
Jenny
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I'd like to request a gif from the hime-movie trailer... I thought that the scene when Alyssa is pointed with guns is a nice scene XD... sorry my english
Jenny is offline  
Old 2006-02-03, 17:50   Link #256
Woland
Latin Rascal
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Indeed, trasparent frame is a really nice trick to improve the number of frames

For now, about episode 17, only one gif, my tribute to...


Spoiler for Non raw-watcher, beware:
__________________
Under Construction...

Last edited by Woland; 2006-02-03 at 18:04.
Woland is offline  
Old 2006-02-03, 20:48   Link #257
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
Indeed, trasparent frame is a really nice trick to improve the number of frames

For now, about episode 17, only one gif, my tribute to...


Spoiler for Non raw-watcher, beware:
I was just asking for one... Good stuff...
djmaca is offline  
Old 2006-02-04, 10:26   Link #258
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
can anyone make a a Nina gif?

from the new RAw episode 17

24:29 , you see Nina looking down at Ernstin after Nina slashed her Slave
right before she says the words : Why?

i like the sparkle in her eyes on that scene
-KarumA- is offline  
Old 2006-02-04, 14:36   Link #259
Woland
Latin Rascal
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
can anyone make a a Nina gif?

from the new RAw episode 17

24:29 , you see Nina looking down at Ernstin after Nina slashed her Slave
right before she says the words : Why?

i like the sparkle in her eyes on that scene
I tried... but failed

That detail is hard to get even at original size and is lost with resizing

Others for epissode 17



Spoiler:
__________________
Under Construction...
Woland is offline  
Old 2006-02-04, 16:15   Link #260
Orenji
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norway
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Orenji
WOW! So many great gif's
I was wondering if someone could make me a gif of Natsuki's transformation sequence (episode 17). I don't need the whole thing, just from the part after we see the GEM until the pose.
Thank you :3
__________________
Orenji is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
avatars, signatures

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.