AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-20, 18:35   Link #141
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdog
Can Any One Tell Me Where I Can Go To Download Episode 10 And 11 AND 12 Of Mia Otome I Really Want To See Them
Please do not ask for links on downloads in these forums. Read the forum rules first before submitting such questions. In the future, why don't you Google your query?
Old 2005-12-20, 19:05   Link #142
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdog
Can Any One Tell Me Where I Can Go To Download Episode 10 And 11 AND 12 Of Mia Otome I Really Want To See Them
You can find the fan-subs of Episode 10 & 11 (along with 1-9) just off the main AnimeSuki web site:

- http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/686.html <-- AnimeSuki's BT index of Mai-Otome.

Episode #12 isn't out yet (fan-sub usually shows up on Saturday or Sunday) and please don't ask for the RAW. Thanks.
Old 2005-12-20, 19:13   Link #143
multani2842

Then about Takumi: don't you think that his knife is identical as Midori's saber. I mean they got both the same white color it's really strange. So perhaps he is part of her group or her relatives.
Old 2005-12-20, 19:38   Link #144
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

The main problem here is that we have two "missing" girls, and three candidates.
Seeing as Arika has the Souten no Seigyoku, there's very little doubt that Arika is the baby we see in episode 1. Whether she is Rena's daughter or the real princess is up for grabs.
Nina's flashback hints that she is the other missing girl. Still, it's a wonder she was abandonned to live in the streets of Altai; perhaps her equivalent of Arika's venerable, wise and idiom-rich grandmother died in the attack?

And Mashiro... many things seem to hint she's just a random girl picked from the streets, but!, the harmonium definitely needs the three of them, and obviously their verses of the song (I won't let myself believe the song isn't important).
Which brings me back to the song, as mentionned in my last post.
Someone, somewhere, learned the song from somewhere else than Windbloom castle and the people there. 'cuz there's 2 missing girls, 2 sources for the song that we know of, and 3 found girls and verses.
We're missing a puzzle piece here.

Edit:
Takumi and Mashiro will be... interesting. Aoi's reaction might be funny, too; remember her reaction to Takumi in MH?
Hn... Takumi+Mashiro+Nagi love triangle... if someone had told me I might be seeing this developping back in the MH days, I would have pointed them to the closest asylum. Or told them I have a nice tropical island near Ivujivik to sell them.
Old 2005-12-20, 20:15   Link #145
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
The main problem here is that we have two "missing" girls, and three candidates.
Seeing as Arika has the Souten no Seigyoku, there's very little doubt that Arika is the baby we see in episode 1. Whether she is Rena's daughter or the real princess is up for grabs.
Nina's flashback hints that she is the other missing girl. Still, it's a wonder she was abandonned to live in the streets of Altai; perhaps her equivalent of Arika's venerable, wise and idiom-rich grandmother died in the attack?
There is no doubt in my mind that Arika was indeed that baby in the first episode, and I like to believe you that Nina may be the real missing Princess, though that makes Mashiro an insignificant spec in the entire theme of things.

My theory is that Nina, as Princess was kept as the daughter of the Otome, Rena, Rena's daughter, likely Arika, was used as a stand in for the real Princess, so that if anything happened to her, the Princess would be safe.

After the castle was attacked, we learn that the Princess went missing, however, with 3 girls in the picture, some things don't add up. Mashiro, the Queen we know, was returned to the castle by a bandit after the Princess went missing. I have to wonder if perhaps this bandit found baby Nina and then in an attempt to control power in the kingdom, gave them Mashiro instead. This bandit may well have planned to one day show up with the real Princess, Nina, and use her to gain power, however he likely died and left Nina with nothing, leading to her being found by Sergei at age 9.

I dunno, just a theory
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2005-12-20, 20:46   Link #146
Kawakanai
Keeper of the Silver Gate

Hi. First post. Ever.

A long time forum lurker though.

I was wondering what anybody thought of the homeless kid who lifted Nina's pendant? Think the kid might re-occur?

The reason I bring it up is Arika seemed pretty surprised that the kid outpaced her (much like Arika did to Nina in Episode One). Also, the kid seemed to have the same 'hairstyle' as Miyu's bird Allysa.

BTW, a lot of us usually don't have the time to post (during the semester), but I for one always came here for my Otome fix after watching the latest ep and wanted to say it was sorely missed when this hacker crap happened. I guess with the reset, I thought it might be time to contribute, though there are some pretty good speculations (the whole Arika/Nina/Maeshiro princess thing) so it can be intimidating to chime in.
Old 2005-12-20, 20:53   Link #147
multani2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegarden
i think that she realized that she has feelings for him, it was a jealous heartbeat, she saw him hugging nina
I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion. I believe that Arika's pendant somehow links her Mashiro (if she is indeed destined to be Mashiro's Otome) and if Mashiro is even perceived to be in danger, I'm sure the pendant's function is to make her aware of it. They DO share a life bond now, after all, as their contract is still in place.
What about a 3 possibility: the pendant starts to remind his true master Nina.
Old 2005-12-20, 20:55   Link #148
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842
Whoa, how would THAT work??
Old 2005-12-20, 21:00   Link #149
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I think the kid was there just as a filler to advance Nina's character development.

Anyways, I really hope Mai will come in around episode 13 or 14... c'mon, all the other characters from HiME already appeared.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2005-12-20, 22:59   Link #150
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, think Mai will show up once the true plot of Mai Otome surfaces - the one concerning the Dark Otome?

Probably will have to do with the info that John Smith lifted from Midori. Combining nano-tech with the Black Krystal's power to produce ... whoa, now that I think about it, that's kinda scary on its own. Someone who can summon the combined power of a Slave an Otome via nano-tech...
...Otome...Tomoe....0.o?
Old 2005-12-20, 23:15   Link #151
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Hnn, think Mai will show up once the true plot of Mai Otome surfaces - the one concerning the Dark Otome?
Well, we've already got Dark Lord of the Sith Reito so I suppose anything's possible...
Quote:
Probably will have to do with the info that John Smith lifted from Midori. Combining nano-tech with the Black Krystal's power to produce ... whoa, now that I think about it, that's kinda scary on its own. Someone who can summon the combined power of a Slave an Otome via nano-tech...
Spoiler:

Quote:
...Otome...Tomoe....0.o?
Doesn't work in Japanese unless you chop the syllables up and rearrange them. I'm inclined to say it's a coincidence.
Old 2005-12-20, 23:28   Link #152
Kawakanai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
I've been wondering what the Mai in Mai Otome refers to with Mai nowhere in sight. I had thought it refers to the Meister status, but maybe it does refer to Mai. I mean, why didn't they name the series Arika Otome since the focus of the series appears to be on Arika this time?

If she does show up around ep 13 or 14 and the plot hits the fan, it would seem Sunrise is making Mai a harbinger of bad things in this series (whether or not she's the cause of it herself) to show up early in the 'second act' of the story.
Old 2005-12-20, 23:31   Link #153
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawakanai
I've been wondering what the Mai in Mai Otome refers to with Mai nowhere in sight. I had thought it refers to the Meister status, but maybe it does refer to Mai. I mean, why didn't they name the series Arika Otome since the focus of the series appears to be on Arika this time?
"Mai" can mean "dance". Otome's battling are referred to "mai-butou" which can mean something like "dance match" or in this case, the subs translates to "performance".

In Mai HiME, the title is a pun where Mai is the main character's name and it also means "Dancing Princess" because "hime" means "princess". As to why it's a dancing princess, I don't understand. But Nagi does comment on Mai's "dancing" once in a while.
Old 2005-12-20, 23:35   Link #154
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
"Mai" can mean "dance". Otome's battling are referred to "mai-butou" which can mean something like "dance match" or in this case, the subs translates to "performance".

In Mai HiME, the title is a pun where Mai is the main character's name and it also means "Dancing Princess" because "hime" means "princess". As to why it's a dancing princess, I don't understand. But Nagi does comment on Mai's "dancing" once in a while.

Yeah that's how I read it too. I do think they were referring to *dance*

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-20, 23:55   Link #155
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

So Mai Otome is Dancing Maiden.
...and Mai-3, Mai Obaba, is Dancing Grandma. Yup. :nodnod:
Old 2005-12-21, 00:21   Link #156
Kawakanai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya

So is "Mai Otome" the 'Dancing Virgins'?

Perhaps there is a pun in the second series title as well with the 'Meister Dream' line in the OP song? Considering all of the double entendres in the previews for the next eps, the creators of the show must also be cheeky about the title of show.

Thanks for the info Sakuya.

EDIT: DOH!- Just realized that the title can also refer to 'dancing princesses', one of the main plots of the series: who is the real princess? And do they have to play musical chairs with that big organ in the basement to find out whose the real one?

Last edited by Kawakanai; 2005-12-21 at 00:47.
Old 2005-12-21, 02:34   Link #157
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawakanai
... there are some pretty good speculations (the whole Arika/Nina/Maeshiro princess thing) so it can be intimidating to chime in.
Please don't be intimidated and feel free to contribute. Singular points of views only create tunnel-vision. It's always good to hear from people who think differently and come up with alternate points of view, or additional info that we missed - even if they're wrong. Frankly, we might all be proven wrong at the end...
Old 2005-12-21, 05:09   Link #158
Boy Adoru

Funny, nobody mentioned what I thought was obvious from the way the episode was cut at that moment. Arika's heart beat exactly when Akira and his ship arrived at the port and were ready to disembark. Arika's facial expression was one of surprise/confusion, so it didn't hurt her or anything, it was just something she noticed and couldn't make sense of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multani2842
Smart possibility as well.
Old 2005-12-21, 05:35   Link #159
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Adoru
Funny, nobody mentioned what I thought was obvious from the way the episode was cut at that moment. Arika's heart beat exactly when Akira and his ship arrived at the port and were ready to disembark. Arika's facial expression was one of surprise/confusion, so it didn't hurt her or anything, it was just something she noticed and couldn't make sense of.
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I still think it's more likely to be connected to Mashiro but it's worth keeping in mind. Just one minor point: Akira is very much a she, you can see the bandages in the preview for 12.
Old 2005-12-21, 15:12   Link #160
piccolo
Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Adoru
I thought of that as well, but dismissed it as a bad cut within the Anime editing. I really could not find a reason why we should associate those two events together, unless her Pendant can somehow detect the presence of other Otomes. (I'm guessing that Akira is most likely an Otome for the prince seen talking to Mashira in the preview of ep 12. The reason I am stating this is that I am assuming that the flame triad symbol binds one to the other either in loyalty or vows.)

The reaction I connected with Mashira. But then the preview of ep 12 shows a healthy Mashira, so that may not be it either. Maybe the association was with Mashiro getting hit on the head, but the delay between that event and her pendant reacting makes me wonder. Or maybe it wasn't her pendant at all, but her heart, and that that is somehow connected to the contract. Didn't we hear a heartbeat?

On the other hand, maybe something happened to her gemstones. We really don't know yet whether or not they're in her pendant. We just all assume they are. Perhaps Miyu still has them. Either way, since they were removed, we never again saw a glimpse of her pendant.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.