AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-10-09, 21:33   Link #1681
i0td

Dark Steno, Looks a bit freaky, but I like it!
Old 2006-10-10, 01:08   Link #1682
gelugon2105
Ominous

Changed My Avatar

Here's my second entry:

Bloodseeker: Yes Shinji sucks. You should have use the scene where Asuka, hollering at him from Unit 02 while he's at Unit 01 about whether he gave her a peck after she fell asleep next to him the previous night, before her hologram whacks Shinji on the head. 7/10

Ichy: Just because you can know how to make animated GIFs for your avatar doesn't mean an animated one is always better than a static one. Getting dizzy. 4/10

Dark Steno: OH. MY. GOD. This is sacrilege of Solid Snake, as well as wrongful use of picture-editing software. 1/10

SweetHoney: A genuinely nice looking avatar. Heck, I looked at it long enough to watch its animation cycle occur at least once. If you find me doing that, it's good. 8/10 9/10 if you increased the frames, but then that would have made it rather large for uploading.

And now, my comments about my second avatar pic:

gelugon2105: I have always loved the Warhammer 40K saga. If you knew some friends who are W40K buffs, it would not surprise you that they would like to represent themselves using images of Space Marines, Orks, Chaos Marines, Eldar, Daemons or even the butt-ugly Tyrannids. Hence my choice of a heavy-bolter wielding Space Marine from the Ultramarines Chapter. Unfortunately, the Space Marine, when he was designed by Games Workshop decades ago, had little or no anime/manga influence included in his design. That would make him quite unsuitable as an avatar in Anime-Suki. 3/10

But hey, I have always wanted a Space Marine for my avatar.

Post-Note: W40K is anything but Japanese; the saga is all about armies hating each other deeply and warring each other for the sake of war, especially the chauvinistic and sanctimonious Imperium (of which the Space Marines are their elite soldiers). Only recently the saga had an injection of mecha anime influence, via the introduction of the Tao (a race that looks like Starcraft’s Protoss and has Apple-Seed-like power suits), but even these guys end up in the mess that is war. And since no anime and manga so far have themes that glorifies and emphasizes war like W40K does, I don’t think there will be any discussion about W40K in Anime-Suki anytime soon, much less any W40K crossover into anime or manga.
gelugon2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 04:05   Link #1683
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ i0td .. you havent changed since the last time I rate it .. Still.. its Yuki. very nice ^^

@ gelugon2105 .. Its too small,100x100 and having a highly detail space marine up to near full body shot is never to good.. you lose a lot of detail compared to, say, taking up to just the chest area .. right now, its plain ok av ..

@ KiNA .. Death Note .. not by me btw =_='' props to ryookochan .. opps, I mean Ryoosuke
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:30   Link #1684
Cyz
"Show it to me"

gelugon2105: no border, plain white bg, and it's small. 5/10
Kira_Naruto: brighten it up a little. 7/10

-- New avie made by Skane. I'm sure all of you know who she is. If not then her name is Tsukimiya Ayu from Kanon (2006).
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-10-10 at 08:17.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:07   Link #1685
i0td

Kira_Naruto, I like the contrast with the light reflecting off the eye, but I agree with Cyz, on an overall level, it is a bit dark. And yeh I should probably update mine lol. It's been at least a month.

Cyz, Sweet Ayu. Her hairstyle seems a bit different from the usual. Was the capture from a flashback scene to when she was younger? The only critique I have is of the animation of the blinking. The shutting of the eyes feels rather abrupt. Other than that, I love it. You have great taste as usual.
Old 2006-10-10, 09:33   Link #1686
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td View Post
Cyz, Sweet Ayu. Her hairstyle seems a bit different from the usual. Was the capture from a flashback scene to when she was younger? The only critique I have is of the animation of the blinking. The shutting of the eyes feels rather abrupt. Other than that, I love it. You have great taste as usual.
Oh that? She blinks pretty fast on that scene. And it's not a flashback, it's the scene when Ayu and Yuuichi are inside the restaurant.

Catgirls: I forgot to rate this one. It's Sanada yes? It would be nice if it was animated no? 8/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 09:34   Link #1687
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

KiNa - Damn that's dark... let's see... ok I can't see shit ...it's too damn dark...

There ... now it's a little brighter...
Hmm... Nice but has lots of defects...
Are you sure you're the "good" ol' KiNa I know
Old 2006-10-10, 09:54   Link #1688
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
KiNa - Damn that's dark... let's see... ok I can't see shit ...it's too damn dark...

There ... now it's a little brighter...
Hmm... Nice but has lots of defects...
Are you sure you're the "good" ol' KiNa I know
A bit too bright maybe ^^
I can see the grainy-ness now.

I like yours BlackCatXIII, yellow everything, girlie and sorta tribal looking things on the sides. Looks cool ^^

KiNa's, I like it too, mysterious and maybe bit too dark indeed, and perhaps it loops a bit too quickly.
Old 2006-10-10, 10:26   Link #1689
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ BC .. Naa.. I'm KiNA's evil twin.. see, no perverted sexy girl on sig ... yup.. I'm a different KiNA .. Told you, its Ryoosuke's work, I beg him to make one since I'm on a temp comp and I'm to lazy to installed codec so VDub work ^^. Well, yours on the contrary is too bright ^^ . Quite artistic BG, I'mm too lazy to think right now

@ Cyz .. ughhh.. too cute to my taste >.< .. I'm suppose to be the evil version so rawrr ... I still hate higurashi .. thingie

@ Necrodeath .. pink haired.. her hairclips remind me of that psycho girl in eureka? .. She's brushing teeth? Since when did brushing teeth a novel I must be avified thingie? Made me laugh tho ^^v
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:39   Link #1690
Cyz
"Show it to me"

@ KiNa: well, Higurashi has cute mixed with evil-ness on it

Necrodeath: she's brushing her teeth? Cool border designs. 7/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 11:05   Link #1691
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kiNa ~ i dnt think its too dark at all...its great really captures the sense and feeling of him 9/10
cyz ~ ayu!!! love that scene ^_^ 9/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 06:58   Link #1692
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Kira_Naruto: mmm, it would be nice if it was animated. And it doesn't have a border? 7/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-12, 14:30   Link #1693
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

gelugon2105 - 3/10 - I am very familar with the WH40K univers I tend to like chaos or nids beter than space marines but thats me (do you play the models?)

Cyz - cute - 8.5/10

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 10:33   Link #1694
Cyz
"Show it to me"

i0td: Yuki is second to Mikuru on my Haruhi list 9/10
Diaboso: quite funny and cute at the same time 8/10

--> New avie! Still the same character Tsukimiya Ayu. This was made by Pellissier. Thanx Pell!!!
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-13, 12:29   Link #1695
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Awww, Cyz that is so cute!!!! >_< 10/10
Old 2006-10-13, 23:40   Link #1696
gelugon2105
Ominous

Nope, haven't played a table-topper

Secca: Man.... Why are so many kawaii/moe/bishoujo anime catgirls...? I say if they have to be catgirls, gimme lecherous ecchi ones, not cuties. 4/10

Diaboso: Twinkling/Sparkling eyes at the thought of an idea, or maybe an admission of admiration for someone. Nothing I haven't seen before in anime. 6/10 4/10 If she is a kawaii/moe/bishoujo anime catgirl. Can’t be sure. Is she a Chobits character?

No Diaboso I haven't played any table-top W40K game yet. I know true fans play the tabe-tops, so I am not exactly a hardcore enthusiast since I have only played PC games based on the W40K saga. But I do consider myself well-versed in W40K trivia and anthologies, thanks to the online treasure chamber of knowledge that is Wikipedia.

My first PC game was Space Hulk 2; I really don’t like the Tyrannids, since they are so hideous (and usually I like hideous monsters, but the Tyrannids’ looks just rubbed me the wrong way), so I got quite a kick from slaughtering them with my Blood Angel terminator’s Chain-saw Fist. It was fun for a while. My second game was Chaos Gate, which in my opinion is quite close to being a table-topper, minus the dice-rolling and large armies though. It was my first time pitting Space Marines (the Ultramarines, to be exact) against some Chaos forces (the Word-Bearers). My third was the old Final Liberation, where I get to pit the Orks and Space Marines against each other.

And there’s the line of Dawn of War PC games from Relic Entertainment.

Maybe I will switch to a Tau Fire Warrior, or a Shas’ O later, if I still want W40K characters for my avatar. Chaos Space Marine and a Tyrannid are no-no’s for AnimeSuki avatars, at least for me, since they are so not anime. You know, I actually wanted an Ork for my avatar, but he would have looked goofy and scored a straight zero.

In case you want to know, I HAVE seen a table-top game before, but the players were out to lunch.
gelugon2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 00:51   Link #1697
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

gelugon2105: Warhammer40k. How nostalgic. I always see tabletop gamers and I always told myself I'd buy and play it one day. Well, up to this day, I haven't bought a single piece due to money constraints meh. Anyway, your BG is plain white, the source image is grainy, and I think it could've been cropped in a better way. 6.5/10, an 8/10 if normal Warhammer (I likes medieval more than futuristic)
Secca: Love the BG, mixes really well with her and your sig as well. 8.5/10
Cyz: Uguu... It's Ayu, I have strong bias towards key anything. Plus, it's a nice scene to crop so 9/10
Diaboso: Actually, it gives me more of an evil glitter/shine than it being a thought of an idea. I think it's Elfen Lied. 8/10
Deathkillz: Fate~ Really nice animation. 8.5/10
Kira_Naruto: Could be better with higher quality avi, and borders. 7.5/10

Nihaha~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 10:29   Link #1698
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Secca: lol! another catgirl, nice 9/10
celcius: a chibi-fied Misuzu. 9/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-14, 23:04   Link #1699
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
gelugon2105 - it would be nice if its cropped square shape, and with a border 5/10
celcius - I like the style 9/10
Cyz - Uguu!! Uguu~~ KAWaii desho! 10/10

"I was sued after pressing two buttons on my keyboard."
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 01:49   Link #1700
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakumatsu View Post
i have a question. if your making your own avatar what by what pixels is it? thanks
it says in the user control panel, 100 x 100

"I was sued after pressing two buttons on my keyboard."
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags