AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-05, 10:42   Link #3081
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathy
^ its from a game called Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume ~ guess what...its made by KEY
Not really a game, it's a Kinetic Novel And a very very good one at that. Revvie is love

And to rate: Instant bias rating of 10/10 for Fate + Fate's butt

Ahiru77: Not bad, though I never really got into the sonic craze 7/10
Old 2007-05-05, 10:55   Link #3082
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Rad.. Jagged edge there .. plus popout + cu out head = fails =/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 11:15   Link #3083
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

RedFrame, HEEEY long time no taaaalk (; Your signature is soo cute and funny! I was staring at it for awhile (because it just seemed like it would actually talk for some reason ^^ and I noticed the faded white box around the mouth ): now that I've noticed it, it's the first thing I see :S

Ahiru77, seems very cropped and stuff ): also bad quality ): it feels unfinished, add some text and border and it will make biiiiig difference (;

Radiosity, cute (; but there are rough edges (I feel your pain T_T) if only her head wasn't cut off then it would be great! (:

KiNa, I had a feeling you were gonna make a signature like this soon with Lucky*Star.. :/ you've always got those "I love KiNa" ones for everyone of your girls (: I like it, and the background blends with her hair very well.. maybe too well? and shift to the left please (:
Old 2007-05-05, 12:46   Link #3084
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Big package :

Sakuraame : the colors are a bit too dull. the inner border is a bit too thick imo.
I would suggest another font, and probably shortening a bit the text.
7.5/10

bigdave : the main picture quality isn't really great. the contrast appears to be a bit weird to me. i don't know why, but it lacks or something, but i can't really tell.
8/10

Areguzanda : errr... the quality of the pictures is REALLY bad.
actually, you can spot jagged and blurry problems around matsuri. also, the faded face at the left isn't working perfectly with the BG.
i think the animated portion was really unecessary, and a static signature would be better, since it would prevent such loss in the quality. (but, i'm wondering why the signature is so heavy in its weight, with the size and the amount of colors...even the texts suffered in the process)
7/10

kira_lacusXX : good ratio and link of the mood, between the text, font and the pictures.
the BG seems a bit too random, and i think you need some "toon elements", such as stars, flying hearts etc. something which would improve the impact of the signature, but it is nevetherless pretty good
8.5/10

Raiju32 : i was complaining that your signature was empty because of the big white part.
you filled it with some purple BG, but it appears a bit random compared to Kagami expression. hard to explain myself :s
The outlines are way smoother and clean, but i think they are too thick.
8/10

Cafe_Love : I just can't understand what this signature contents is...
i apoligize if i appear to be rude... i have absolutely no clue, even if it has something related with digimon. i won't really rate it, but the signature is simply too random for me to judge.

RedFrame : sounds more like an avatar to me
nevetherless, you chosed the good part of tama here
i would suggest you to put "You're calling me a random temp Sig !? " in the signature.
8/10

Cats : as usual, neat and focalised choice of pic.
however, i will complain a bit about the ratio, which appears to be a bit unbalanced here. the signature feels too big : the height can be shortened a bit, while the left and a good part of the right part can be cut.
Also, nitpicking a bit : Sweet Dreams isn't easely readable, but meh XD
9/10

Ahiru77 : Sonic and friends are a bit too blurry.
the signature lacks of a proper structure to have a conflict between the main picture and shadow BG. frankly, if i didn't have any knowledge about the sonic story, i would be clueless about what's the deal with "that black edgehog"
7.5/10

Radiosity : as KiNa said, the BG curve is jagged.
Right kagami quality is a bit low, and its outglow is weirdly thick but really faded. i would suggest something way thinner, glimmering and smooth
just like KiLa signature, it lacks of something really minimal to get full potential of the concept of your signature. (i think the BG should be modified)
8/10

BONUS STAGE : like an idiot, i didn't rated pelli sig on my last post, keh XD

The loop is pretty neat : no saccads, and the animation is noticeable, but not outstanding nor minor
i will simply complain about tsukasa text format : the white outline seems a bit unnatural because of the color of the desk behind it.
i think a glow instead of an outline would work a bit better.
as for Kagami, the purp outline isn't really easy to notice, meh... nitpicking XD
9/10

well... after matsuri signature, 3 other freebies of "Words of Sky" set.

Spoiler for 3 signatures:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-05-06 at 11:32.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 14:55   Link #3085
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ok, I give up, seriously. PNG8 with transparency doesn't allow for smooth edges, so it's not like I can do anything about it. And png24 results in a 70k file that exceeds forum limits. And gif doesn't even bear thinking about.

Klashikari - I'm not using glow on the right image, it was a new layer motion blurred, since I wanted to do something different to the usual glows and stuff. Guess that failed too though. Seems I just suck at making sigs and should stick to making high quality textures and skins for my models

Meh, rate.... KiNa I guess: 9/10, it's nice and I love Kagami anyway so bias rating kicks in.

..... of course, maybe I'm going about this all wrong? I'm thinking like a sig-maker, when really I should be thinking like a skinner. Hmm..... oh well, we'll see. If I return with a totally sick sig, you'll know I figured something out

*pulls graphics tablet out and starts doodling...

Last edited by Radiosity; 2007-05-05 at 16:40.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 15:49   Link #3086
LynRee
-

Klashikari - 8/10, nice one, and I love blue.
kira_lacusXX - 10/10, Awesome, very well done.
Kira_Naruto - 6/10, Well, I prefer anime chicks with big breasts, so I guess this needs no explanation...

Anyway, to the next poster: could you rate all three, please?

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9...sig2ii9xh7.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/786/karmsigxj2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2702/neosigli1.jpg

Last edited by LynRee; 2007-05-06 at 12:06.
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 23:56   Link #3087
Cyz
"Show it to me"

@ KiNa: Ahem, too young to be doing that no? 8/10

@ Sora Love: -> Yeah your sig is awesome...too bad if the mod sees your post...it's bye bye for the post. Why? coz you forgot to rate. Anyway your sig...

I love the bg and the pic 9/10

-> Something I made a few moments ago. I know it's not good (don't have too much confidence here ). Anyway, I tried to make the sig a little more uh...scary-like atmosphere. The way Kaede is holding that knife reminds me of Rena from Higurashi
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-05-06 at 00:21.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 00:26   Link #3088
iluvnuriko
Red dream of catastrophy

Send a message via MSN to iluvnuriko
Klashikari
I really like the second sig......9/10. The angle at which that girl is looking at me really appeals to me!

^^Sig by me
iluvnuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 06:25   Link #3089
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Cyz .. !!Kaede!! ... well.. You still need to learn extracting ... Screencap is not a good source of extraction unfortunately..

@ KiNA...
Old 2007-05-06, 07:18   Link #3090
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

KiLA - i like it very much
KiNA - its good but no sparkles! 5 yard penalty!
iluv - pretty good
klaksh - very good, but the middle dark triangle, what does it represent?

the rest of you shame on you for removing your sigs so they cant be rated!

this sig was made by pelliser
Old 2007-05-06, 09:00   Link #3091
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
cyz ~ well you are on your way to making some beautiful siggies :3 (we were all beginners once ^_^) ~ lets see...imo you should remove the outer glow on kaede...or at least change it to white instead of having that yucky yellow colour ~ the mood is nice but i dont like the red lines on top...the look bleached out and it hurts my eyes O.o 6/10

kiNa ~ CC unfortunatly it looks a but dull...CC doesnt blend well with te BG and the outlines are pixilated >.< 7/10

iluvnuriko ~ i really like the mood of the sig...the colours are nice and the boarder is unique :3 8/10

potatochobit ~ cute! ^_^ 7.5/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 10:55   Link #3092
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Radiosity : oi... you didn't have to remove your sig heh ~~

Cyz : this is probably a futile advice but well : never use a glow to lessen some cut irregularities, it won't help, and can make the edge worse.
as for the whole sig, the concept is here, though the execution needs some tweeks (but rather honorable one for a beginner )
i will agree with Deathy : the red lines aren't really consistent and doesn't really have a good impact here.
try also to juggle with the fonts and format of the texts.
6/10

iluvnuriko : the ratio is pretty neat, the color fits nicely Syoran, Sakura and gives some effect of photograph.
I'm just nitpicking a bit about this color filter, since it doesn't give justice to the tones and shades of the picture, in example, their hairs (i would say a specific blending mode, and some additional layer with color burn, etc might do the trick)
the font of the text can be slightly tweeked i think ^^"
8.5/10

KiNa : well...i like how discrete but noticeable you put some "text interface" in the BG.
however, the style of this element is conflicting with the forms in the BG. (curved lines, stars and crescent moon hardly fit some tech UI)
CC picture suffers a bit of jagged cut, not too bad.
And, as a final nitpick, her face is a bit too bright with the rest of the pic.
8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
klaksh - very good, but the middle dark triangle, what does it represent?
well, the dark triangle has lots of significations, like a Glass Shard, 2 sword slashes, a blue ray of light, etc etc. mainly put it as an abstract contrast.

Potatochobit : the animation appears to be a bit too sudden, without really a fluent loop. it is kinda solely focused on that peculiar scene, which gives some impression of "bigger avatar" in fact, but that's L*S anyway ^^"
8/10
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 15:25   Link #3093
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Klashi, I've always thought you sigs were pretty unique (: they always have japanese words on it, and not a lot of sigs have that. The blue combinations are just perfect and the image is right (: love it!

Potato, ahaha that face (Konata's) gets me everytime! bit avatarish, but that's okay (: very cute!

KiNa, oo I like! NOT the boobs. I like the background (: the small text and font suits her very well and the sticking out of the sig seems to be in style lately (:

iluvnuriko, Sakura and Syaoron! Love the text, border and colour (: but it should be your naame, not a website! (wait, unless it's yours) good!

Cyz, I agree with everything said from Klashi and DK (: good job!!

Not to boost, but I love my sig. I have never made a Yotsuba sig (or have watched it) but I always see wallpapers made of it on AP. They are aaaaalways so cute and great. So I found this image (: I thought it would be cool to make it have like that crayon/pastel feeling.. so I vectored kinda and coloured it again. tada! yotsuba's an artist AND me. I seem to be finding a lot of good pictures with sig potential, yay KiLa's on a roll again!
Old 2007-05-06, 15:35   Link #3094
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

kira_lacusXX: very nice! 9/10
Klashikari: about the 3 sola ones.. amazing!! 10/10!
Old 2007-05-06, 16:57   Link #3095
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

KiLa I've always loved pics with that character even tho.. I never saw the series.
11 - 11
Old 2007-05-07, 00:11   Link #3096
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Cats: sweet and simple although the color doesn't seem too solid : 7/10

Radiosity : hmmm... my browser fails to view your sig but everyone can ?/10

Kina: I like the bg but as you can see th... >_>.... <_<....>_<... okay i like the pic actually nice bg and pic so (7+1) =8/10

Kila: I like how you recolor it into pastel color, very nice : 8/10

Klashikari : I like the 2nd , the bg and lighting are good 8/10

Cyz :Orange FTW! Cyz look my sig, though kaede isn't there Kaede aura is in my sig Okay back to topic ... Taking screencapas source, i always do that, certainly you need to recolor them especially when making gif sig 6/10

Potatochobit + Pelli : Gif sig... and i can't hold back any more so i give u this 10/10

RedFrame
: Mame daifuku!!!!! Its from Nagarasete Airantou ep4. The chara voice and the expression of Suzune face are very cute :3 anyway i wonder if it would be better is i put black border around it...

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 06:25   Link #3097
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Red .. Aww, her eyes melting me >.< .. borders kinda fitting.. except for those white spot shouldn't overlap it IMO .. ^^b

@ Cats .. The S in Sweet Dreams kinda got eaten =/ Other then that .. near flawless ^^ . Cropped?

@ KiLa .. !! I can draw like that too .. when I was 3 years old or something.. Points for a refreshing sig ^^

@ iluvnuriko .. Too yellowish IMO .. but nicely done IMO.

@ KiNA.. half an hour break from study.. and you get this D: ... Both sig and av combo ^^v ... yey for me!~!!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 06:32   Link #3098
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Kira_Naruto: pretty, and just like your style 8.5/10
Cyz: kaede in that mood....*backing off sloowly...* O_O 8/10
iluvnuriko: Tsubasa! Sakura! nice calm colors. 8.5/10
Kira_Naruto: C.C version: lovely. nice strong colors. 9/10
Deathkillz: ecchiness+cutie= 9/10
Cats: aaah. kawaii!!! 9/10
RedFrame: oooh I think I see some drool^^ 8.5/10

new sigg. Matsuri's one from Klashikari Sola Sigg Set!
I grabbed it 4 minutes after he posted it in the Sola avatar/sigg thread. lucky me I refreshed the site at just the right time.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 15:02   Link #3099
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Aregu, ooo a Klashi sig! Really pretty, love the clouds and the sunlight coming from the corner! Nice glowy feeling (;

KiNa, I must admit, you must've been a pretty good drawer when you were three (: not your best but it's still good. The right image doesn't really blend with the rest of the sig, but that's okay!

RF, ahahaha, I love eyes like that, it's so cute. Your sig completely captured the moment (: white spots match the mood too!

Cats, I can just eat that cat up! it's adorable and the sig is calming and flawless except for the "S" that KiNa pointed out already, but that can be ignored :]
Old 2007-05-07, 16:30   Link #3100
leofish
Mia 'cova

kira: sketch look is awesome, idk about the brown for text color though, 8/10
Aregu: hmm.. render seems a little too blurry, maybe it's just because it has a sunlight glow from both directions? otherwise nice composition 7/10
kina: yoko ! the two images dont really match do they D; nice concept though 7/10

konota.... :3

Tags
rate, signature