AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-16, 12:44   Link #61
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Hn... "Yakusoku yo! Sannin de, kitto Meister Otome ni Narou ne!"... I can understand Arika and Nina, but who's the third?
Can't be Tomoe, and not Erstin either...
Spoiler for anime summary spoiler:

Last edited by kari-no-sugata; 2006-01-16 at 14:01.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 12:56   Link #62
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschan
22 -> just found on google and i want to know what is going on
---
read from the last picture to the first
The only reason I don't post the entire chapter is because it is wrong...

I DL'ed the chapter the moment it appeared on Winny and posted a few scans to whet your appetites.

EDIT: Thank you mods.
__________________

Last edited by Starks; 2006-01-16 at 13:08.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 14:21   Link #63
duster_Fukku
Finally found it
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Looks like Akira is somehow on the top of Midori? That's quiet sad for the pillars.
duster_Fukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 14:41   Link #64
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 26
Interesting chapter. I love Akira's Robe here. I wonder if anime Akira will get a real Robe any time soon? And while we're at it, manga Akira in her robe and her big sword looks sort of like that shadowy Otome from the anime OP.

And wow, very surprising to see the return of the MH manga's Scale Sisters. Was that their name? And that last scene of Rena, so cool! And I've got to say this, the art has really advanced and improved since the first volume of Mai HiME.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:30   Link #65
yuchan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Now this is what i'm talking about, a akira who looks feminine but still very cool and ready to fight. I wouldn't mistake her for a boy in the otome manga. Very cool action packed chapter! Also, is akira a meister? She must be to handle midori like that. I'm guessing those sisters are meisters since they are fully clothed and armored.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 16:57   Link #66
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster_Fukku
Looks like Akira is somehow on the top of Midori? That's quiet sad for the pillars.
I don't think the pillars are that strong in the manga, and that Reira is just a regular Meister, not a pillar.
But I'm somewhat disappointed that Shizuru couldn't outsmart Midori in the same way that Akira does.

Akira isn't stronger than Midori, she outsmarted her instead.
You can see that she's losing the face to face battle and get thrown off, but then she decided to "trick" Midori and it worked.
It seems that Akira's specialty is attacking the opponent's control gems, as she disabled both Midori and Arika that way.

What's freaky though is Rena suddenly being able to block Akira's attack, that part doesn't make sense one bit.

-----------------------------------------------

Quote:
And seriously, what's with that mangaka and making Takumi a bad guy...
Why not?
He was effectively the "final boss" in HiME.

And if they make Yuuichi evil, why not Takumi while they're at it?
ArchDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:21   Link #67
duster_Fukku
Finally found it
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
I don't think the pillars are that strong in the manga, and that Reira is just a regular Meister, not a pillar.
But I'm somewhat disappointed that Shizuru couldn't outsmart Midori in the same way that Akira does.

Akira isn't stronger than Midori, she outsmarted her instead.
You can see that she's losing the face to face battle and get thrown off, but then she decided to "trick" Midori and it worked.
It seems that Akira's specialty is attacking the opponent's control gems, as she disabled both Midori and Arika that way.

What's freaky though is Rena suddenly being able to block Akira's attack, that part doesn't make sense one bit.
I know Reira is not a pillar, just feel like to quote Natsuki in even though she did not participate in the battle.

Thanks for the explaination on the 'trick'. Akira seems to be the Meister bond with Takumi. Though she didn't get her fight but it certainly make more sense to me how that she "can" fight with Midori. I am still looking for the raw to take a closer look on the battle.
Akira also looks young... VERY YOUNG to be a meister. She could be fairly powerful in the future chapter.

As for Rena... She blocked it?! From the picture I thought she was about to block the attack...! No way, it is because she is mentally unstable and that's what makes people powerful without realizing it? That's really freaky...
duster_Fukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:33   Link #68
sytyue
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Where to find?

I've searched around for mai otome manga online but i can only find the first 3 chapters translated. Does anyone know where I can find the rest?
sytyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:34   Link #69
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytyue
I've searched around for mai otome manga online but i can only find the first 3 chapters translated. Does anyone know where I can find the rest?
Have you check this thread in the Manga forum?

- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6765
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:58   Link #70
cry
Berry Bunny
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: france
Age: 32
wow, akira's design is a lot better here (beh, it's not difficult, heh...)
the mai hime manga will be released in france on february, i'll surely get a look!
__________________
my deviantart
i'm trying my best to make decent posts in english language... sorry ifit 's not really good^^
cry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 20:16   Link #71
Fighter747
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I've read chapter 22 of Mai-Otome, with the limited Japanese skills that I have. =p

Spoiler for My thoughts on Chapter 22:


Cheers for the mangaka for the nice storyline he's got going there! =)
Fighter747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:08   Link #72
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Teehee... Forgot to post this one...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1377/08myhime042vi.jpg

(BTW, nicer raw scan)
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 01:16   Link #73
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 26
Akira's Meister title is Gennai no Kanranseki. According to Erstin, Akira is a legendary onee-sama because of her uniform? With my faulty Japanese, that's what I got.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 11:18   Link #74
Jet_Maeden
Condamne
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Polluted West
Send a message via MSN to Jet_Maeden
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry
wow, akira's design is a lot better here (beh, it's not difficult, heh...)
the mai hime manga will be released in france on february, i'll surely get a look!
Whoa...February? Lucky bastard!
Does anyone know about the MH manga US release?
I know the anime is coming in March. Thanks
Jet_Maeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 20:50   Link #75
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Maeden
Whoa...February? Lucky bastard!
Does anyone know about the MH manga US release?
I know the anime is coming in March. Thanks
The MH manga is not licensed for US release...yet. And by the way, I read somewhere that the MO manga is among the Top 10 most read manga in Japan!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 13:22   Link #76
Timon
The Timon
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
so... uh... I was reading animenation news http://animenation.net/news/index.php and seems there's a new my otome manga. looks pretty cool, huh?
http://www.toranoana.jp/shop/060119red/060119red.html
http://www.akitashoten.co.jp/CGI/aut...ist&bunrui=020

gues this is a different story/side story to the current manga or anime or just another take on the current "general" plot?
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 16:48   Link #77
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Looks like just lil side stories that happened during the main Manga storyline.

*looks at the samples*

...
...
...

*nosebleeds*....Natsuki....nude....#.#
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 19:04   Link #78
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Looks like just lil side stories that happened during the main Manga storyline.

*looks at the samples*

...
...
...

*nosebleeds*....Natsuki....nude....#.#

Yeah I saw it too

And Natsuki's drunk! It's too bad I can't post the bigger version of the scan here. BUt if you want to be PM'd with that image, let me know!


--Lone Wolf
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 19:33   Link #79
ifhaseth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
"Japan's Champion Red manga magazine has announced that its March issue will contain the debut of the "My Otome Super H" manga series, a risqué My Otome manga story filled with nudity and sexuality."

As if the Mai Otome manga ain't "risqué" enough already, should've seen this coming a mile away.
ifhaseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 19:35   Link #80
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifhaseth
"Japan's Champion Red manga magazine has announced that its March issue will contain the debut of the "My Otome Super H" manga series, a risqué My Otome manga story filled with nudity and sexuality."

As if the Mai Otome manga ain't "risqué" enough already, should've seen this coming a mile away.
If it has plenty of ShizNat, then I will definitely be subscribing. ^_^...hmmm...time to place an order at my local Japanese Bookstore


--Lone Wolf
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.