AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 07:09   Link #2801
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Don't forget that Shinku had been with him most of the time in his path to get out of his isolationist self. It it obvious that he adores Shinku more compared to the other dolls. As for Shinku, Jun had been there when she got turned to junk, and was there to be her pillar of support when she suffered from the nightmares. I think those somewhat helped bringing them real close. And I noticed that whenever Jun's at home, wherever he is, Shinku always seemed to be a few feet away at most, except when he is going to the toilet to do his business.

As for Sui, she didn't play an active role in helping Jun get out of his shell, and she is constantly nagging at him and insulting him. No surprise their relationship is rocky.
Old 2006-04-25, 07:12   Link #2802
Lost

Despite having being "forced" by Shinku, Sui does have much affection for Jun, you can see it really obviously in Traumend. And I think (at least, I'd like to think) that Jun notices and appreciates that.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 07:21   Link #2803
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Kirakishou is a very good gardener if you like thorns, roses, perhaps weeds and mutant plants.

She'll qualify as a good gardener for me.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 07:25   Link #2804
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Mutant plants seem a lot of fun :P

And saying that Sui would leave Jun as he was is something I can't really agree with; we all know that she has been "interested" in him since the first season. But I'm pretty sure that if Shinku wasn't involved, Sui wouldn't be able to counter Gin in her plans. Suisei Seki is concerned about him, yet she refuses to let anyone notice it; while she might say he's worthless and chibi-chibi, she knows it's not like that.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 07:30   Link #2805
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Mutant plants seem a lot of fun :P

And saying that Sui would leave Jun as he was is something I can't really agree with; we all know that she has been "interested" in him since the first season. But I'm pretty sure that if Shinku wasn't involved, Sui wouldn't be able to counter Gin in her plans. Suisei Seki is concerned about him, yet she refuses to let anyone notice it; while she might say he's worthless and chibi-chibi, she knows it's not like that.
I know that Suiseiseki had something for Jun and had been trying to gain his affection since season 1. She did surrender Sui Dream because she couldn't stand seeing Jun in pain, after all.

But what I'm saying is that it is hard for Jun to pay more attention and give more affection to Suiseiseki as compared to Shinku, mainly because she didn't really play that much role in helping him. And he only remembers her as the 'witch', not as a sweet little doll who loves him, after their everyday encounters.
Old 2006-04-25, 07:30   Link #2806
TamaNeko

Actually...I think he doesn't respect Suiseiseki. Or at least those in charge of the show don't want that. Kinda frustrating, really, because I REALLY like Suiseiseki and wish Jun would be appreciative of her. But that would mean giving her a role other than the cheeky, mischievious, disrespectful doll that she, unfortunately, seems to have been permanently assigned to.

That's why I like doujins so much - they allow a different scenario to play out in the relationships between the characters. Unfortunately for the show, it's practically been sealed airtight right from the very first episode in Season 1 that Jun and Shinku are going to be for each other only. As to how far that relationship will go is up to speculation, but it's most likely going to remain nothing more than a close friendship. And we all know Tomoe's already got dibs on JUM. Why else would she continue going to his place and help him? And if not Tomoe, then Nori. Don't forget her dream in Season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
As for Sui, she didn't play an active role in helping Jun get out of his shell, and she is constantly nagging at him and insulting him. No surprise their relationship is rocky.
Actually, this is one point where the manga is superior to the anime. I'm not too clear on the details, but from what I understand...

Spoiler:
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 07:40   Link #2807
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Aw, that's why I want the manga even more now :P

Still, I don't think Jun respects Suisei Seki that much either. In truth, she doesn't respect him a whole lot either, but I'm pretty sure they care for each other. The problem is that Shinku is a whole lot more understanding of Jun's feelings; she seems like the knows what he feels and from the start wonders why he has become like that. Sui, on the other hand, always puts the blame on him and calls him stuff.

If you're a depressed kid who's chosen not to go out anymore, I'm pretty sure that if you get pushed around like that, you'll eventually lose respect for whomever is pushing you. I know that 'cause my grandmother seems to have 80% of Sui's personality in her.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-25, 07:51   Link #2808
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
And he only remembers her as the 'witch', not as a sweet little doll who loves him, after their everyday encounters.
Theres truth in that I guess. Dammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko
Actually...I think he doesn't respect Suiseiseki. Or at least those in charge of the show don't want that.
That had better change in S3. Sad. I personally hope Sui gets somewhere with Jun. Jun had better start respecting her. Mind you, not JUM. Jun.

Quote:
The problem is that Shinku is a whole lot more understanding of Jun's feelings; she seems like the knows what he feels and from the start wonders why he has become like that. Sui, on the other hand, always puts the blame on him and calls him stuff.

If you're a depressed kid who's chosen not to go out anymore, I'm pretty sure that if you get pushed around like that, you'll eventually lose respect for whomever is pushing you. I know that 'cause my grandmother seems to have 80% of Sui's personality in her.
Well, this blaming and pushing is most of the time mostly done in defense, whenever Sui becomes defensive at being caught at something (whether stealing, or caught showing her affection for Jun). So its not like she does it purposely or outta blue or even vindictively, and also it has no lasting harm to Jun imho (except leaving him with a weak shin).

He deserves those shin kicks for not recognising Sui!!!
Old 2006-04-25, 08:02   Link #2809
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Jun is a kind person. If I were Jun I'd hate Sui.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 08:05   Link #2810
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Have to agree that he does deserve some :P

But again, i say Sui is like my grandmother. And like Jun, I unfortunately don't have a future-telling machine, or by any means call myself Jesus. So I sometimes can't tell what the heck is going on. I think it's the same for the Jun-Sui relationship... Sui wants Jun to recognize her, but she can't free herself from her picky attitude on him, so that creates a vicious cycle.

Old 2006-04-25, 08:10   Link #2811
Lost

Quote:
Have to agree that he does deserve some :P

But again, i say Sui is like my grandmother. And like Jun, I unfortunately don't have a future-telling machine, or by any means call myself Jesus. So I sometimes can't tell what the heck is going on. I think it's the same for the Jun-Sui relationship... Sui wants Jun to recognize her, but she can't free herself from her picky attitude on him, so that creates a vicious cycle.
oooo... thats a good point. Wonder what it will take to break that cycle? I think in line with Season 1+2, probably a life and death encounter..
Old 2006-04-25, 08:13   Link #2812
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Then I say a Suiseiseki character development is in order. Even Suigintou started earlier than her in this department.

Once she overcame that, maybe Jun will finally see what she's really like and starts showering her with more affection.

But if she still couldn't do that, I guess throughout Season 3, she would have to sulk as she watched Shinku and Jun sticking to each other like glue.

Oh wait, maybe start of Season 3 has a depressed Suiseiseki (after all, Souseiseki's dead) locking herself in her box, and Jun's gotta cheer her up or something. Maybe that will make them closer or something.

But I'm sure that whenever Suiseiseki sees Suigintou, chances are, she is going to go ballistic. Remember what Gin-sama did to Suiseiseki's twin sister.
Old 2006-04-25, 08:17   Link #2813
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yep. I think by the end of S3, after losing Sou and Hina ... she'll be more forward with her feelings towards Jun ... and that will be a source of some filler episodes, where she'll probably muster courage to be a goody-goody to Jun.

Gin will probably improve as well. I wonder how they're going to pull off Kirakishou's appearance, however. But maybe pressure is the catalyst on why they will act like they will.
Old 2006-04-25, 14:54   Link #2814
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks Kanaria is just a Hina replacement?

and nobody shows any love for Souseiseki?
I mean,... Sui's fun and all, but I'd take Hina's over her 'fun' any day
Sou developped to a point where her personality demanded more respect than Shinku's

I sometimes wonder why Sou didn't choose Jun as her 'protector'
If I were Jun, I sure wouldn't sell my soul to Suiseiseki
Old 2006-04-25, 14:55   Link #2815
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't mind Souseiseki. I don't hate her and I don't like her that much. She's just okay. I like her more than Suiseiseki though.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 15:11   Link #2816
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Because unlike Sui, she's unobnoxious.
Old 2006-04-25, 16:10   Link #2817
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Heheh, and unlike Sui (and the rest) she had the balls to confront Shinku
Old 2006-04-25, 16:22   Link #2818
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat
I sometimes wonder why Sou didn't choose Jun as her 'protector'
I did not notice, that she likes Jun that much, or at least not in the same way as Shinku or Suiseiseki seem to do.
Probably she also does not want to leave the old man and woman alone, would fit to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko
...And if not Tomoe, then Nori. Don't forget her dream in Season 1.
I really hope he decides for Shinku. Though a human and a doll, we need some kind of anime miracle.
On the other hand it would also be ok, if nobody wins. I already get a Tenchi Muyo feeling, season 5 and no end in sight...

Thanks for the Glico and Pocky answers.

Bracken33 hopes this post is understandable and stylish.
If this is not the case please excuse my bad english.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 17:12   Link #2819
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Sou developped to a point where her personality demanded more respect than Shinku's
I have never liked Sousei Seki. Probably because of her appearance, mostly. (I don't like women who pretend/look like men, sorry.) But also because Sousei Seki went against her sisters only to please father (Who was Enju in reality). Or maybe because that part of her attitude makes me remember of myself. I don't know.

Still, I don't know if Sou deserves more respect than Shinku... after all, we see that Shinku became more powerful than any of the other dolls and has made most of the big decisions througout the anime.

As for Kanaria, I don't think of her as a replacement to Hina, but as a "dead" character. Sure she had some good scenes at the end, and even managed to rip off Bara's arm, which shows she is pretty powerful when it's needed; also on the episode she took down Sou, Sui and Hina. Sure, Kanaria is fun and all, but Hina's type of "fun" character is different. Kanaria's not innocently fun, she's sillyously fun.

Quote:
On the other hand it would also be ok, if nobody wins. I already get a Tenchi Muyo feeling, season 5 and no end in sight...
1 Is little
2 Is good
3 Is awesome
4 You're ruining the show, damn it.
5 DragonBallGT fun.

Old 2006-04-25, 17:26   Link #2820
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat®
Hmmm, am I the only one who thinks Kanaria is just a Hina replacement?
Hina = irreplaceable (I am of course biased )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
I really hope he decides for Shinku. Though a human and a doll, we need some kind of anime miracle.
I hope for an ending where everybody wins. I think that the other ways of becoming Alice will not require them absorbing each others Rosa Mystica, and therefore they should each be able to achieve Alice....
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural