AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-06-25, 16:46   Link #4021
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Congrats, TheWanderer, on 4000 GET
Heh, thanks I'm usually a lurker in this thread because I couldn't even keep up with reading all of the posts here. I guess now's the time to join in, though I might seem like a newb if something's already been talked about when everyone was trying to "keep the thread alive" a couple months ago.
Old 2006-06-25, 16:54   Link #4022
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

New wall. I guess I'm pretty much done with this one. Lost should know.

Celebrates 200th page & 4000th post

here's the original:
Old 2006-06-25, 17:11   Link #4023
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i like the rozen maiden soccer pics ;-;
Old 2006-06-25, 18:07   Link #4024
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

At least it wasn't Flo who had the x000 get yet again ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 19:33   Link #4025
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost

Personally, in S1 I detested everything about Gin, her laugh, her eyes, and generally her viciousness. However, the end of S1 did much to elevate most of that, becuase I understood what drove her. I ended up pitying her. However, in S2, where she started fighting (from Sou, until she died) I didn't like her again because alot of that viciousness showed thru again. I know Mince likes that viciousness tho.
That's what I loved about Suigintou! Her eyes! Her laughter! Her viciousness! Her ability to care for another person!
Old 2006-06-25, 21:55   Link #4026
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
That's what I loved about Suigintou! Her eyes! Her laughter! Her viciousness! Her ability to care for another person!
you´re right, Suigintou is the best of the all RM dolls, jejejeje, even more, when Barasuishou make her debut, all the people say that she dont be charysmatic like Gin, jijiji, SUIGINTOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

hey, before that Junk June finish i got a funny question:

¿WHAT HAVE IN COMUN SUIGINTOU AND ANAKIN SKYWALKER?

jajajaja, everybody know the answer
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 23:16   Link #4027
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well I just finished both seasons in three days. I really liked this series.

Throughout the whole thing though, I got the feeling that dolls represented people on a metaphorical level. Dolls are created after man like man is created after god (I'm talking if your christian, which I am not). These dolls worship and believe in father as their maker just as people believe in religion. And, just like humans, to fight is to live, at least that seems to be humanities case. The dolls even displayed the range of human emotion and many personalities. I kinda though this whole thing was a comment on humanity. I don't know who Jun would be portraying in that theory, but whatever :P I'm probably reading WAY to deep into this; darn English class messing up my brain by making me analyze everything.

I like Suiseiseki the most . I wish Jun had payed more attention to her.
Old 2006-06-25, 23:20   Link #4028
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226

Unfortunately, Suiseiseki had insulted Jun and bullied Hinaichigo way too much that Jun only thinks of her as a demon. Ah well, she brought that upon herself. Jun's paying more attention to Shinku....for now.
Old 2006-06-26, 02:00   Link #4029
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:

Throughout the whole thing though, I got the feeling that dolls represented people on a metaphorical level. Dolls are created after man like man is created after god (I'm talking if your christian, which I am not). These dolls worship and believe in father as their maker just as people believe in religion. And, just like humans, to fight is to live, at least that seems to be humanities case. The dolls even displayed the range of human emotion and many personalities. I kinda though this whole thing was a comment on humanity. I don't know who Jun would be portraying in that theory, but whatever :P I'm probably reading WAY to deep into this; darn English class messing up my brain by making me analyze everything.

Ooooo I like your take on the whole father thing, and if you consider if the maidens know that god (father) exists it makes Sui's declaration of her sisters happiness over Rozen's much more poignant, well if you are religious that is....

Oh I am not saying that I agree with the maker = god thing in the maidens eyes, because I am not religious myself so I can't really make an association there.

If you ever have the time and are crazy enough to read all 4000+ pages (grats Wanderer on the got), you will see how deep we all read into to RM too

Welcome to the RM thread, banzai nano!!!!

@Sol - Thank you for another wonderful wp
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 09:02   Link #4030
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Heh, thanks I'm usually a lurker in this thread because I couldn't even keep up with reading all of the posts here. I guess now's the time to join in, though I might seem like a newb if something's already been talked about when everyone was trying to "keep the thread alive" a couple months ago.
Don't worry, looks like things have more or less cooled down; still, no knowing when an uber-juicy debate will come up

Quote:

Or a study in Anthropomorphism. Interesting thoughts... true; and you might be just right. Jun? I agree with grey, yes, taking it as you said, Sui's resolve not too fight for the love of her sister would be really poignant. Love that. And yeap, SuiseiSeki owns my ani-heart.

@sol: + leaves = win! thank you.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 09:21   Link #4031
NezoR

Old 2006-06-26, 09:27   Link #4032
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

*sigh* This is why it is really degrading to post some of my work freely.

NezoR, that vector is clearly my work with my name taken out :/
Old 2006-06-26, 09:39   Link #4033
NezoR

Old 2006-06-26, 09:58   Link #4034
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

doujin type pics get around and are shared all over the internet after they are posted its just part of how it works. editing peoples signatures out of them isnt respectful though and shoulld be avoided. anyway be proud the world appreciates ur art.
Old 2006-06-26, 10:43   Link #4035
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
doujin type pics get around and are shared all over the internet after they are posted its just part of how it works. editing peoples signatures out of them isnt respectful though and shoulld be avoided. anyway be proud the world appreciates ur art.

I recognised it straight away as being sol's even though it is missing the Alice background part as well as the sig. Was this a preproduction foreground?

@Nezor - Heh I wonder what is the least someone can do and still say they are cosplaying... I don't reconise the top at all, not that I can really see it.
Old 2006-06-26, 12:25   Link #4036
NezoR

Old 2006-06-26, 13:07   Link #4037
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

there is a cute cosplays ^^

RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 13:31   Link #4038
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

The color of Kanaria and Hina Ichigo's costumes are blinding my eyes! @_@
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 13:37   Link #4039
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN
there is a cute cosplays ^^

Hey! There's no Barasuishou or Kirakishou costumes (or Shinku's) ! Oh well, I'm sure they're making it right now.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 14:00   Link #4040
grey_moon

@Blitz - Hee hee you know I expected that post from you, anything else would have been wrong

The costumes are great but what really makes or breaks it is the player. I just hope never to see these worn by the bearded Rozen he-whores...

(Shudders at the thought of it, they were some of Flo's earlier wtf if i remember correctly)

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural