AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-03, 20:08   Link #401
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
My question may get ignored again, but meh, whatever...

Did anyone begin to like Barasuishou more during the final few eps? When she first appeared in RM, I thought she was pretty bland. But her psychotic side portrayed in the last few episodes has really made me take a liking to her. I think she was better in the "main villain" role than Suigintou was.

And the echo thing is so annoying it's cool!
You are, perhaps, the only person so far who I've seen think that way.

Even when we didn't know why she was doing what she did, Gin-sama still had more character and awesomeness in her pinky than Barasuishou ever did.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 20:29   Link #402
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The European Bunion
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Did anyone begin to like Barasuishou more during the final few eps? When she first appeared in RM, I thought she was pretty bland. But her psychotic side portrayed in the last few episodes has really made me take a liking to her. I think she was better in the "main villain" role than Suigintou was.
Nope. Complete opposite. Hated her more than I hated Suigintou in the first season (and I hated her a lot). That's primarily because she's screwing with the other dolls, and that irritated me when they were happily living as they wanted to live, with Jun.
__________________
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:03   Link #403
Scribble
Sloth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
You are, perhaps, the only person so far who I've seen think that way.

Even when we didn't know why she was doing what she did, Gin-sama still had more character and awesomeness in her pinky than Barasuishou ever did.
I am thinking at the other end of the spectrum. Please forgive me for awful joke. I think that there is more to Suigintou's character than there is to Bara, but I love to despise villains (in a good way, you feel antagonised by the villain and not just the anime characters). Bara seemed like such a trouble maker, and I think she gains cool points for the way she took down the other dolls and how she manipulated some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Nope. Complete opposite. Hated her more than I hated Suigintou in the first season (and I hated her a lot). That's primarily because she's screwing with the other dolls, and that irritated me when they were happily living as they wanted to live, with Jun.
This is what I meant above, you seem like you hate Barasuishou for what she has done as a villain. I love villains who you actually despise. If it's unclear as to what I mean, has anyone had the pleasure of experiencing King Hamdo's villainy? I really wanted to jump through my TV screen and beat the stuffing out of him, he angered me so much.

While Bara is far from his level, I think that I liked Bara better than 1st season Suigin because I was more like "Bara must go down" as opposed to "wow, Suigintou is cool"
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:21   Link #404
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The European Bunion
Age: 36
Yeah, I understand what you mean, and I'd agree with your general sentiments However, I didn't consider Gin to be cool in season 1 (unlike a lot of others). I hated her primarily for the condescending attitude and particularly the friggin' laugh. In that respect, she beats Bara. But as a badguy/ villain, Bara wins.

I consider it to be a 'win' situation in an anime when I can truly despise the bad guy, and Bara certainly counts
__________________
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:31   Link #405
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Suigintou's laugh from here to there is freaky and so is Bara's piercing eye when she was glowing in episode 2.

I think the villains were okay. (Both of them got sad deaths though)


This might be off topic but do you know what this is or what is it about?
http://www.taito.co.jp/d3/cp/rozenmaiden/
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:17   Link #406
Flo
The Necessary Evil
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Peeing on Stinku's Grave
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Suigintou's laugh from here to there is freaky and so is Bara's piercing eye when she was glowing in episode 2.

I think the villains were okay. (Both of them got sad deaths though)


This might be off topic but do you know what this is or what is it about?
http://www.taito.co.jp/d3/cp/rozenmaiden/
Season 1 perhaps (Although Bara takes the cake overall), Suigintou was never a villain in Season 2. Although her methods are not the 'Goody-Two-Shoe' way, she more of a Bad Goodguy of the show
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 09:13   Link #407
kitsura
King of Brave
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Suigintou's laugh from here to there is freaky and so is Bara's piercing eye when she was glowing in episode 2.

I think the villains were okay. (Both of them got sad deaths though)


This might be off topic but do you know what this is or what is it about?
http://www.taito.co.jp/d3/cp/rozenmaiden/
Rozen Maiden PS2 adventure game due in Mar which deals with the storyline for season 1.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:11   Link #408
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
My question may get ignored again, but meh, whatever...

Did anyone begin to like Barasuishou more during the final few eps? When she first appeared in RM, I thought she was pretty bland. But her psychotic side portrayed in the last few episodes has really made me take a liking to her. I think she was better in the "main villain" role than Suigintou was.

And the echo thing is so annoying it's cool!
suiginto became in between. she's evil, but not too much anymore because she became too attach to megu (?). she still hates shinku though but on the final episode, it shows that she do cares for shinku also.
for barasuishou, yeah she's a bit psychotic and a cheater too (hitting ppl. from behind) anyway, i admire her determination though to become alice. too bad she disintegrated
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 16:42   Link #409
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I liked Barasuishou's powers and able to manipulate Suigintou. I think Bara already knows that she is not supposed to become Alice and just wants to become the ultimate doll.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 19:53   Link #410
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
or maybe she wants to prove that she's the best doll ever. after all, she's created by rozen's jealous apprentice.
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:24   Link #411
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
In season 3, maybe it would be like Char's Counterattack in Gundam. Shinku and Suigintou have a final duel.

Or... they could have rival dollmakers that reincarnate another Alice makers and drag the Rozen Maidens in.

Or... Kirakishou can cause havoc. Personally, I think she'll control/command fields of flowers now because of her hairclips.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:34   Link #412
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The European Bunion
Age: 36
Hmm, flowers would kinda suck after the super-cool purple crystals... and besides, flowers/ petals are Shinku's territory
__________________
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:42   Link #413
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I agree, Crystals will beat petals any day!

Bara's crystal sword was cool!
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 00:48   Link #414
Kuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Barasuishou was a really bad villain. She had no personality, which made me not even care when she did die at the end. I don't understand why she's so calm throughout the entire series, but at the end shrieks and demands Shinku from Jun. Kind of random.

Suigintou > Barasuishou
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 05:53   Link #415
Neohybrid_kai
Ikemasen, ojou-sama!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Age: 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Neohybrid_kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Shinku. No way. No way in hell. Shinku would be Pride, if anything. She has a fierce pride in her own pacifist views on the Game, and prides herself on her manners, etiquette, relationships with others and so on. The only time's she's really shown wrath are at the end of either season at the main showdown, and those are both one-off occasions, not actually part of who she is.

Barasuishou. Wrath would fit Bara much better than Shinku IMHO.
may be I got carried away by the last eps (and shinku is very scary when she's angry, remember when she's trying to make a cake? lol) but yeah, she's got pride (at least for not killing) and Bara seems fit much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
My question may get ignored again, but meh, whatever...

Did anyone begin to like Barasuishou more during the final few eps? When she first appeared in RM, I thought she was pretty bland. But her psychotic side portrayed in the last few episodes has really made me take a liking to her. I think she was better in the "main villain" role than Suigintou was.

And the echo thing is so annoying it's cool!
hm.. I kind of understand her obsession to be her father's alice ^ ^ and the final scene is a bit touching for me, but one thing I can't accept, she hit people from behind. Almost screaming when I watch that part ^ ^ (that's not fair! )
so, suigintou > Barasuishou for me
__________________
Ikemasen, Ojou-sama!
A blog devoted to Hunting Witches in Indonesia
Neohybrid_kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 07:20   Link #416
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Barasuishou was a really bad villain. She had no personality, which made me not even care when she did die at the end. I don't understand why she's so calm throughout the entire series, but at the end shrieks and demands Shinku from Jun. Kind of random.

Suigintou > Barasuishou
Well, she is emotionless because she doesn't really have a RM which might represent a soul.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 09:13   Link #417
Scribble
Sloth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Barasuishou was a really bad villain. She had no personality, which made me not even care when she did die at the end. I don't understand why she's so calm throughout the entire series, but at the end shrieks and demands Shinku from Jun. Kind of random.

Suigintou > Barasuishou

Yeah, I admit that at first I found it strange that Bara lost her calm behaviour during the final episodes suddenly. But then I realised that she became like this because she knew she was SO CLOSE to achieving everything she wanted to, and Shinku might make her lose out, which explains her shrieking at Jun.

I can't explain why she kept smiling when she was beaten by Shinku though, and the whole echoing thing. Maybe she just snapped in the head when Shinku gained the upper hand, or maybe she was trying to manipulate/taunt Shinku.
Gah, I dunno. Either way, I disagree with Suigintou being the better villain because even in series one, you felt sorry her because you could kind of detect that there was something wrong with her. And Bara was much more scheming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neohybrid_Kai
and the final scene is a bit touching for me, but one thing I can't accept, she hit people from behind. Almost screaming when I watch that part ^ ^ (that's not fair! )
so, suigintou > Barasuishou for me
Again, this is what I mean, Bara's actions "as a villain" made you angry. Technically, Bara's scheming led to ALL of the dolls going down, EVEN the main one, Shinku, who we probably thought would win because "she is the heroine."

I like Suigintou's S2 personality, but in Season 1 my opinion of her was that she was a typical "bwahahahahaha I am here to fight and antagonise you" villain (unless someone can bring up parts where she wasn't I haven't seen season 1 for a year o_o;, while in Season 2 Bara's did a "little bit here and there" to bring the other dolls down. She didn't show up constantly and try to kill them with crystals. She used other means to get to her goal.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 09:54   Link #418
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I don't particularly hate any doll...But perhaps why Bara is hated so much because there isn't really an understanding as to why she fought so hard-aside from the obvious fact that any Maiden would fight hard for Father. Indeed, she was a better villain in many ways than one. While Suigintou might have used threats and 'blackmail' to force the dolls to a fight, Bara manipulated. She treats the alliance with Suigintou as nothing more than mere temporary cooperation and attacks her anyway when she stood in front of Shinku.

And the whole, maybe Bara didn't have a real personality or good character (because there was little emphasis on her in the first place) compared to Suigintou, but she is indeed a better villain, slowly revealing her hand, not all at once.

The reason why Suigintou's value as a villain went down is because she was fighting for another reason: To hide her defect, and not purely for the sake of destroying other dolls so that Father could make her Alice...as well as a perfect doll in the first place. Secondly, she showed unexpected compassion in S2 with Megumi and Shinku. And, @ Neohybrid kai: No one ever said they had to play fair. The title 'villain' should already show that much.

So there you have it. While I might agree to an extent that Suigintou is a better character than Bara, she was not really a better villain than her.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 18:23   Link #419
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Kirakishou might not be the villain for season 3 but could be the protagionist replacing Shinku much like how Shinn replaced Kira for a bit in GSD.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:30   Link #420
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bara rules because of the eyepatch. For once, an eyepatch character that didn't automatically look like a pirate

If she won, this is probably what everyone would be wearing in season 3. lol
Spoiler:


Speaking of season three I really don't think they'll make Kirakishou another villian just because her character design is already similar to Bara's. Even if her personality is a total 180 from Baras or what not.

Now that darn bunnyman is a different matter. We really don't know if he has any powers but judging on how he simply does whatever he wants even to Bara/Enju says he might be indeed powerful. Even if he is not, he can teleport everywhere pretty darn well and could warp in from behind and strike you down before you even realized it.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.