AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Rozen Maiden

Old 2006-02-19, 00:18   Link #681
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Are you refering to me?

I just hate her high and almighty attitude. Lacus Clyne have that kind of attitude herself, but I cant sense any arrogants in it while, shinku on the other hand >.>
Hmm, same as Flo. I respect your opinions, but I'm a bit dissatisfied about the shallow assessments of Shinku's arrogance. In addition to what I said above, I think I should give an example to illustrate my point. Consider the air of how Shinku drinks tea: how she pulls out her own tea cup and base, how her every movement seems to be quite proper and composed, how even her taste in tea is very discerning (how she gathers so much information from a mere sip) thus refined. Is she trying to be arrogant in this example? I'd say, no. I feel the way Shinku drinks tea captures the very essence of Shinku, and we can glean a lot of qualities of her personality from that act.

Incidentally, when I was first watching Rozen Maiden, in the very first episode, seeing how Shinku behaved for the first few minutes when she first appeared, I also thought she was haughty and holier-than-thou. But soon later in the episode, when I observed how Shinku drinks tea, that impression was promptly shattered. It is that precise scene, that precise act, that captured my mind and heart, that pushed me down the road of becoming and being a Shinku fanatic.

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 00:29   Link #682
Flo
The Necessary Evil

lawl, amazing what treasures I can find in Idle Channel

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 00:32   Link #683
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

lol ...

Anyway ... I respect Shinku. We agree to disagree.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 01:11   Link #684
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Hmm, same as Flo. I respect your opinions, but I'm a bit dissatisfied about the shallow assessments of Shinku's arrogance. In addition to what I said above, I think I should give an example to illustrate my point. Consider the air of how Shinku drinks tea: how she pulls out her own tea cup and base, how her every movement seems to be quite proper and composed, how even her taste in tea is very discerning (how she gathers so much information from a mere sip) thus refined. Is she trying to be arrogant in this example? I'd say, no. I feel the way Shinku drinks tea captures the very essence of Shinku, and we can glean a lot of qualities of her personality from that act.

Incidentally, when I was first watching Rozen Maiden, in the very first episode, seeing how Shinku behaved for the first few minutes when she first appeared, I also thought she was haughty and holier-than-thou. But soon later in the episode, when I observed how Shinku drinks tea, that impression was promptly shattered. It is that precise scene, that precise act, that captured my mind and heart, that pushed me down the road of becoming and being a Shinku fanatic.
Hmm.. then we really agree to disagree then . How you explain Shinku's trait that fascinate and draw her to you is exctly why she getting farther and farther away for me... I guess I'm never good at my words

@ the bold sentence. Its because she didnt try to be arrogant but the arrogant attitude surface itself that pissed me off.. I think you can say that its from my real life experience so yea .. too bad for her >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:20   Link #685
m|rA|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Found this:

It's basically a new year greeting. My translation skills aren't really fantastic but it translates into something like 'Please continue to support / guide us in the coming year'. Hope this helps.
m|rA| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 03:24   Link #686
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m|rA|
It's basically a new year greeting. My translation skills aren't really fantastic but it translates into something like 'Please continue to support / guide us in the coming year'. Hope this helps.
It would be great if it meant that S3 was coming out this year
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 09:19   Link #687
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So when did they release the spoiler that Traumend was coming out?

Was it May. 2005?
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 10:38   Link #688
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Anyways, some good news: I've just obtained my Tokyo Marui AK-47 AEG. I'm trigger-happy and feel like shooting some Junk. Hehehe...that gives me an idea...
Time for some advanced targeting practice with your new AK-47 Muir Woods. Please hit the van without hitting ...hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey moon
Sorry for the rant, bit pissed right now, but I was able to get quite a few people in a pub to watch RM on my PSP (and get a couple of free pints), although the conversation ended up about if they were actually dolls because they can move around, but they did start on S2 and most probably had never seen an anime in their lives...
You showed Rozen Maiden to non-otaku in a pub ? You deserve some reputation for your courage...

Bracken33 hopes this post is understandable and stylish.
If this is not the case please excuse my bad english.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:09   Link #689
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Hello guys, now that my laptop is back, I could surf 2ch.

As you guys probably know, the "Rozen Maiden Fan Appreciation Assembly" was held in Yokohama on Feb. 19th. The assembly was said to include a "suprise" at the end. My reconissance on 2ch indicate as follows:

(Japanese blog on what happened at the site)
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/yosiaki4912/e/...9b8aad1e7da6b0

RMT thread #179
491 名前:名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日:2006/02/19(日) 20:15 ID:izY1Qmys
感謝祭情報まとめ
・特別編の恐らくOVA 
・SRDX翠の再販は無し 店頭在庫がラスト
・SRDX金糸雀は6月発売 雛苺以外のキャラは現在製作中
・SRシリーズ発売決定
・限定テレカ水銀燈余る

#491 Name: Annonymous
Summery information of the Appreciation event:
-Rozen Maiden Special edition, probably OVA
-SRDX Suisei will NOT be produced, what's in stores is the last.
-SRDX Kanaria is sold in June. All characters besides Hina are currently in design.
-Plans to sell the SR series is decided.
-There's a surplus of the Suigintou limited edition telephone cards.

RMT Thread #178
519 名前:名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 投稿日:2006/02/20(月) 00:54 ID:UE4fA6cC
さて、感謝祭から今頃帰ってきましたよ。
別に報告なんて既に腐るほどされてるんだろうけど書きたいから書く。

1.ローゼンメイデン特別編制作決定。ただし、詳細については一切不明。
  地上波で放送なのかOVAなのかすら不明。ただ決定したという報告だけ。
2.SRDX金糸雀が6月に発売。水銀燈、真紅、蒼星石の発売も決定した。
  雛苺は皆様の応援しだいということらしい。
3.福岡で4月の終わりごろに開催される祭りでローゼンメイデンが公式イメージキャラクターに 採用された。
  麻生大臣も来るらしい。

他にもいろいろあるけどまあいいや。
とにかくすごく楽しかった。
翠星石から蒼星石への手紙の朗読と、蒼星石から翠星石への手紙の朗読が特によかった

#519 Name: Annonymous
I came back from the Appreciation event guys.
Since there's probably a ton of reports out there, I will just write what I want to say.

1. "Rozen Maiden Special Edition" is a announced. Specifics are unknown.
Whether its even on TV or an OVA is still unknown. Only thing that's certain is that its decided.

2. SRDX Kanaria is scheduled to be sold in June. Suigintou, Shinku, and Souseiseki is also decided.
Hina Ichigo would depend on the fan's support.

3. A festival in Fukuoka that's planned to be held in April, plans to use Rozen Maiden as their offical character.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Aso is also planning to attend.

(It is well known on 2ch and on the Japanese wikipedia article, that Minister of Foreign Affairs Taro Aso is a fan of the Rozen Maiden series and many other manga. Since he's also one of the canidates for the next prime minister, there's a chance that a Rozen Maiden fan is the next prime minster of Japan.)

My personal feeling is 80% probability that its an OVA series, and 20% probabilty that its a 3rd season. They also mentioned to look at the website later for further information.

Last edited by Imaginary_num6er; 2006-02-19 at 14:25.
Imaginary_num6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:42   Link #690
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33

You showed Rozen Maiden to non-otaku in a pub ? You deserve some reputation for your courage...
Yargh it was non otaku in London (it was an old mans pub too).... It started coz a friend asked to see what my psp was like and didn't have any games on me only RMS2 so he had a look and suddenly we were surrounded. Trying to explain whats going on after 4 pints to people who think anime = cartoons that is just Sponge Bob Square Pants is not the most easy thing I have done...

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-02-19 at 12:57.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:51   Link #691
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's an extremely difficult task. I made a paper for English explaining that anime wasn't like cartoons in that it had depth and meaning ... kinda difficult to do it in a pub ...

Anyway, I like the first four episodes. Yes, I'm that fast. Hinaichigo rocks ... and ... I hope Tomoe ends up with Jun ... though I can't say much because I haven't seen the rest of it yet.
Old 2006-02-19, 13:56   Link #692
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Nice, any new RM anime is cool with me

Interesting thinking about the PM of Japan as a RM fan. Maybe he'll make watching RM mandatory for everybody.

Grey_moon, you showed anime in a pub to old people? wow. You're in London right? I wonder how some of the pub people thought about Shinku with her being the English tea-drinking aristocrat that she is.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 15:30   Link #693
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Nice, any new RM anime is cool with me

Interesting thinking about the PM of Japan as a RM fan. Maybe he'll make watching RM mandatory for everybody.

Grey_moon, you showed anime in a pub to old people? wow. You're in London right? I wonder how some of the pub people thought about Shinku with her being the English tea-drinking aristocrat that she is.
Agreed, I think the OVA will explain more about Kirakishou and the rabbit.
Old 2006-02-20, 04:35   Link #694
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wish the third RM will show them as real maidens (i.e. teenagers) mmm ...
Old 2006-02-20, 06:18   Link #695
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

those pics are funny.

im gona steal one for my avatar <__<
Old 2006-02-20, 06:49   Link #696
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Let me add that I like both OP and ED of Rozen Maiden, especially the ED. They rock.
Old 2006-02-20, 15:56   Link #697
blitz1/2

Both OPs and EDs are good.

I think they need ALI PROJECT for the third opening as well. It's following its traditions right?
Old 2006-02-20, 16:07   Link #698
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Yep although some people seem to dislike Ali Project, I think their songs fit quite well to the Rozen OPs.

I absolutely LOVED the animation style they used for the Traumend OP, hopefully the third season OP animation can match or top it with a creative style like that.

The 2nd ED was nice as well, especially the peaceful feeling song.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:10   Link #699
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Although definitely not among the best, Rozen Maiden lies in the range of great for me. It's very entertaining, not to mention, it's very didactic.
Old 2006-02-20, 16:38   Link #700
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Well calling anything the best is purely subjective and RM isn't perfect, but being entertaining is exactly the reason why I like it so much.

I loved the lighthearted comedy parts more then any of the action-centered episodes. There was just something special to it, sure there's plenty of comedy series out there but sometimes it feels forced in a way. Here in RM, well this guy has all these magical dolls living in his house what else do you expect to happen but laughs galore^^

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural