AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 18:36   Link #921
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think we talked about it a lot. Each of the Rozen Maidens have a piece to the perfect girl, but they don't need to be perfect to be unique. Hell, they don't even need to be perfect at all. Hinaichigo is enough as she is, and so is Shinku.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:52   Link #922
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well I meant to wrap the discussion more about each doll's traits than the overall thing, which is the perfect Alice. And I agree with you in that each of them is special, even if they aren't perfect or have the most "traits". Personally I don't think that such a being (human or not) could ever be made, even machines have their glitches.

Well, guess I should go look back in the first pages then. /sobs

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:55   Link #923
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Okay. What does Kirakishou have? Madness?
Old 2006-03-15, 20:49   Link #924
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We hardly know about Kirakishou. But I think it is her appearance.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 03:21   Link #925
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I think the main problem with the discusion in regards to the perfect girl is we don't know Rozen's definition of what a perfect girl is. Could a perfect RM be a self substaining doll no longer reliant on a medium? Gin kinda pulled this one off in S1. To be honest if it is becoming human then imho that is a big step back from where they are right now. For starters we tend to break rather easy and wear out after a few years of use.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 03:25   Link #926
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Maybe it will be the attainment of resurrection? Or eternal life?
Old 2006-03-16, 03:44   Link #927
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Or something old-school... To create a GOD!!!!!!
Mwhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! (cue crazed laughter.)
Old 2006-03-16, 04:06   Link #928
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's sooooo recycled. Just like Bleach ...

Please don't remind me of anything closely related to Bleach. It's depressing. Rozen Maiden is so much better.

Also, a reminder for all you quality-freaks like me: Ayu has released a batch-torrent of their Rozen Maiden: Traumend releases! Rejoice! Download!

Whee!
Old 2006-03-16, 08:16   Link #929
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Yeah, we hardly know anything about Kira Kishou as of now, so it's hard to tell. I really don't think that his ideal of a "perfect girl" would be one of his dolls do act without a medium, because that itself wouldn't mirror what we know about Alice. (And personally I don't think Alice would be a doll like the Maidens. She might be only an imaginary female on which the RMs were based, because you can't create humans artificially like you create a doll).

If it's eternal life, then he would have created Alice on his very first attempt (Suigin Tou which, as said, moves without the power of a medium). I don't think that's his thing either.

I feel a bit uneasy to say this, but I think it's something even simpler than we think. All the RMs might be just what they say they are, "failed attempts to create Alice". It's true that Alice is perfect only for Rozen's eyes, since other people wouldn't think of the same characteristics as being part of the perfect girl. It's just a matter of personal taste, I guess.

And yay for Ayu. Unfortunately I had to watch the end through another fansub, thinking they had abbandoned the project. I'll have to burn another DVD with Traumend <_<

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-03-16, 08:17   Link #930
grey_moon

Quote:
Or maybe it is for the dolls to attain the ability to self replicate... No pervy thoughts please!

Ressurrection has been done by Gin too, gosh she is a bit ahead of the times isn't she.

Another example is Gin's weight loss program, how much weight would you loose by missing your torso and no more beer bellies and love handles to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara

I feel a bit uneasy to say this, but I think it's something even simpler than we think. All the RMs might be just what they say they are, "failed attempts to create Alice". It's true that Alice is perfect only for Rozen's eyes, since other people wouldn't think of the same characteristics as being part of the perfect girl. It's just a matter of personal taste, I guess.
I wonder if becoming Alice is a spiritual thing since when they absorbed each others rosa mysticas there was no physical change.

Quote:

And yay for Ayu. Unfortunately I had to watch the end through another fansub, thinking they had abbandoned the project. I'll have to burn another DVD with Traumend <_<
Hee hee I've done Chacha and Lito already and I will do the whole of Ayu this weekend if I can achieve my study goals

Quote:
That's sooooo recycled. Just like Bleach ...

Please don't remind me of anything closely related to Bleach. It's depressing. Rozen Maiden is so much better.
Kinda off topic....
Bleach does have animated plushies

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-03-16 at 08:32.
Old 2006-03-16, 08:20   Link #931
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Lol I also don't think that having a mixed Human-Doll race would be part of the theme of Rozen Maiden

Old 2006-03-16, 08:26   Link #932
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Lol I also don't think that having a mixed Human-Doll race would be part of the theme of Rozen Maiden
Great, now we just entered the "Armitage: Dual Matrix" territory.
Old 2006-03-16, 08:28   Link #933
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well, if you think clearly, what kind of child would a RM be able to breed?
> Note, mental image is stuck <.

All I can think of are a few keychains of teddies... Argh.

Old 2006-03-16, 08:38   Link #934
grey_moon

Quote:
Well, if you think clearly, what kind of child would a RM be able to breed?
> Note, mental image is stuck <.

All I can think of are a few keychains of teddies... Argh.
Hee hee I had that problem when I was hunting on 4chan for RM images, my poor innocence ruined, I'll no longer be able to get married.
Old 2006-03-16, 08:40   Link #935
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Hee hee I had that problem when I was hunting on 4chan for RM images, my poor innocence ruined, I'll no longer be able to get married.
Now that you mention it, I found something quite funny the other day.
Try searching on Google images for "Suigintou" and then "Shinku"
AMAZINGLY, all the images of Gin you have are normal images, whereas 90% of the images of Shinku are "sexy" ones.

Edit: Ah, and I don't use 4chan for anything other than to get good laughs. People there can't be considered sane.

Old 2006-03-16, 08:42   Link #936
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, it's not off-topic. I'm comparing Bleach to Rozen Maiden. Who of you seriously think Bleach IS better than RM?

It's among the best anime I've seen in 2005-2006. (RM:T, that is)
Old 2006-03-16, 08:46   Link #937
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well I agree with you on that.
Though I like Bleach and have been watching it from the beginning, it surely hasn't had the same impact on me that RM and Traumend had. To me Bleach is more like a weekly watch than an anime to ponder upon. Most shounen anime are like that anyway.

Old 2006-03-16, 08:59   Link #938
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Granted, Rozen Maiden does not have the allusive symbolism of Ergo Proxy. It does not have the twisting subplots of Ghost in the Shell. But it is one hell of a great anime.
Old 2006-03-16, 09:12   Link #939
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well I usually don't like to compare an anime with another because it always gets down to the taste factor. True some are obviously better than others, but for the individual person it rarely matters, if it's something they like. (Okay, saying "He is my master" is better than RM or YYH, or 90% of the animes out there is just madness, but you get the picture )

I loved Rozen Maiden because it left my emotions in pieces, which is something pretty hard to do. After I finished Traumend and went to sleep, I spent the whole night having nightmares about it. It affected me a whole lot.

Old 2006-03-16, 09:30   Link #940
grey_moon

Quote:
No, it's not off-topic. I'm comparing Bleach to Rozen Maiden. Who of you seriously think Bleach IS better than RM?

It's among the best anime I've seen in 2005-2006. (RM:T, that is)
Opps sorry my mistake i meant to flag my message as *Kinda off topic* to cover myself wasn't aimed at you.

I like Bleach in it's own way, but RM and RMT are my firm favorites knocking off Air from my top spot.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural