AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-17, 11:37   Link #961
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I have very broad tastes as long as it is anime and without sex and pointless violence then I will enjoy it. Of course to be in my top 10 and rewatched countless times like RM is a different thing altogether. If you asked me if I would have enjoyed RM as much as I do, before I watched it I would have most probably associated it to Childs Play and said I don't think I will like it.

One thing I think they do so well in RM is how they mix in the chibiness to really express a fun or silly situation, especially when imho it is so well drawn throughout. The best chibi's in it for me are Hina and Sui (although Sui's chibi is mostly "wicked" is there a term for that like dark chibi?). My most cutest moment is a toss up with Sui and the bed time story or Shinku with Kun Kun cosplay.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:11   Link #962
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Yeah I also felt that RM was longer than most 12-episode animes. The only other anime I felt the same was Girls Bravo, but it's quite obvious, since they pack a lot of stuff into an episode. You might be watching the first 10 minutes but already thinking it's been over half an hour of show. RM's just like that aswell.

And I'd rather have Rozen Maiden not so popular; with popularity, comes the fillers, the bad jokes, the bad storyline, way too long series. It'll just ruin the state of art we already have.

And once again.. HnR owns you. You can't hate that song, no matter what you say. Though you might not like it as much as some of us, it's impossible to hate it. I fell in love the first time I heard it, playing with the Ed scene of Traumend, and I gotta say that that Ed in particular was perfect. After I managed to download it, I went on a HnR madness, listening to it nonstop for hours and hours.

And I'm deeply hurt, since you guys made this huge ammount of posts while I was asleep :P I missed up on some here.

Also one thing I might add is that I recently found that the OP songs for both RM and Traumend are somewhat like the anime: In the end, you don't give them much credit. You don't like the dolls that much, but as you keep watching you simply fall in love with everyone of them. I recently found myself singing Kinjirareta Asobi, even though it's definetly not my type of song, I started to get a liking to it. It's kind of spooky, though.

Hay guyz, any idea on where I can find >any< type of Rozen Maiden stuff? I've read on the topic that there were a few PG versions of the dolls, but though I've searched around the net, I couldn't find anything, only posters, dvds, OST and the artbook (Also, if someone has this, I'd be thankful if you could tell me where to get it. ). Couldn't find garage kits, nor the real dolls to sell =\ Though I'm not at the point of "paying 500 usd for a Shinku doll", I'd be happy to see where I could get one when I am.

Edit: It's funny you mentioned their 'chibiness', because I was rolling over my bed last night and quickly pictured Shinku in an overly-cute picture, embracing her Kunkun doll. Then Hina with her alligator, Sui with her math "storybook", Gin with a Megu doll and... omg, gotta draw this sometime.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 13:31   Link #963
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I thought the same way. I thought it was going to suck badly because the story is about dolls. I decided to watch the first episode. Look what it got me~ 24 episodes, and I still want more ...
You should listen to "Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~ Original Drama CD." It is very comical. Listening to Suigintou becoming tsundere towards KunKun was highly moe~ and Bara saying those weird comments just made me melt. Teramoesu!!

Quote:
WHOEVER HATES HIKARI NO RASENRITSU MUST DIE!!!
Although I do like Shimtsuki Haruka's lyrics, I tend to prefer "Sei Shoujo Ryouiki" by ALI PROJECT if I had to choose between the OP and the ED. By all means though, "Hikari no Rasenritsu" is a good song as well as it gets stronger as it goes further into the song.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 14:00   Link #964
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
You should listen to "Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~ Original Drama CD." It is very comical. Listening to Suigintou becoming tsundere towards KunKun was highly moe~ and Bara saying those weird comments just made me melt. Teramoesu!!
Sniffle I wish that someone would make a sub (with stills?) of it, the impact of a drama when I can only understand a few words is muchly diminished
Old 2006-03-17, 14:02   Link #965
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Does the drama CD use the anime's voice actors? I'm just curious.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 14:09   Link #966
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Yes. And to add additional info:

The drama CD was released back in February. You can buy it at Amazon Japan for 3000 yen.

The track titled "KunKun vs. Laplace no Ma" is hilarious. It's also interesting because both KunKun and Laplace was voiced by the same person - Tsukui Kyousei. To hear them making homosexual(?) love....wwww

Tracks included in the Drama CD:

1. OP (Sei Shoujo Ryouiki <TV size>)
2. "Yamai" 1st Half (Jun gets sick, the rozen maidens look after Jun with hilarious results)
3. "Yamai" 2nd Half (continuation and conclusion from 1st half)
4. ED (Hikari no Rasenritsu <TV size>)
5. Suiseisuki Hajimete no Otsukai (Suiseiseki felt jealous that Hina was able to send mail to Jun, so she decides to send one to him)
6. KunKun vs Laplace no Ma (would KunKun and Laplace both be considered...male?)
7. Barasuishou Kaizoukeikaku (Shirasaki and Enju tries to change Bara's image...by making her say moe~ stuff like "goshujinsama" and making her act like a "waka-okusama") wwww teramoesu~
Old 2006-03-17, 14:09   Link #967
jsnut2
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to jsnut2 Send a message via AIM to jsnut2
As far I know it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
jsnut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 14:15   Link #968
grey_moon

Quote:

The track titled "KunKun vs. Laplace no Ma" is hilarious. It's also interesting because both KunKun and Laplace was voiced by the same person - Tsukui Kyousei. To hear them making homosexual(?) love....wwww
Kun Kun and Laplace making homosexual love!!! NNNNoooooooooooo what will Shinku say?
Old 2006-03-17, 16:04   Link #969
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Japanese should be taught at all schools. It sucks not being able to understand that much of it, though I've been studying through one of those book courses. Still...
There's also one of those featuring Lacus Clyne that I'd love to know everything they were saying, but I've never found a translated version of it. Anyhow, I'll still look for that drama CD. It still might be fun to hear them.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-03-17, 16:14   Link #970
blitz1/2

Did you notice that all the villains have whitish/gray hair (Suigintou, Barasuishou and Kirakishou).

They are all Sephiroth clones!!
Old 2006-03-17, 16:22   Link #971
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Yeah, it's something I had already thought of.
But seriously, gray/silver hair pawns. Have yet to see a female anime char with silver hair that's not teh hawtness.

Old 2006-03-17, 17:32   Link #972
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Rozen Maiden will never be popular because it is about dolls. I can see the average person recommanding it to a friend as something like it is a show about "dolls fighting" (the worst!) or "dolls playing a deadly game" or similar stuff like that. Its abit too deadly for Mahou Shoujo fans and doesnt have a flashy 1st episode either.

In fact the first episode has, from personal experience, turned off guy friends off mine, and I believe hardcore MJ fans wudnt really like it either.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 17:46   Link #973
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its actually very popular to the older and younger crowd, your still at that puberty stage :/
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 18:12   Link #974
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The OP of Traumend also r0x0r3d ... just not as much as the ED, IMO. I can even remember the first line from the TV song: mada iwanaide jumon meita sono kotoba ... and I sing that line in the MOST INAPPROPRIATE times. Damn it.

It's like, it just pops out, at the wrong time mostly. But it rocks ... big time.

The only song I can't really remember really liking is the OP of Rozen Maiden ... let me hear it once more ... I mean I also really liked Toumei Shelter.

OMGWTFBBQt3hpwnz00rz!!!!!1111one
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 18:37   Link #975
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
It's like, it just pops out, at the wrong time mostly. But it rocks ... big time.
I was at my statistics class while unknowngly singing that too. It's odd. Though I preffer the OP for RM instead of Seishoujo Ryouiki (Don't know if the spelling is right. In the middle of a DotA game so I can't really check <_<).

But for winning songs, HnS's the best. Period.

Old 2006-03-17, 18:53   Link #976
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi
Rozen Maiden will never be popular because it is about dolls. I can see the average person recommanding it to a friend as something like it is a show about "dolls fighting" (the worst!) or "dolls playing a deadly game" or similar stuff like that. Its abit too deadly for Mahou Shoujo fans and doesnt have a flashy 1st episode either.
Actually, Rozen Maiden is one of those shows that air late at night. That means target = hard-core otakus. So in essence, you are correct. You are not going to see RM getting viewer ratings as high as "NARUTO" or "Futari wa Precure Splash Star." But then again, those shows cannot even scratch the surface of "Sazae-san" and "Chibi Maruko-chan" as well.

But in other sense, it is very popular among kimo-otas and goth-loli loving dollpa lovers alike.
Old 2006-03-17, 18:54   Link #977
blitz1/2

Damn! It's already 1 week and they still haven't updated the main site!
Old 2006-03-17, 19:20   Link #978
grey_moon

Quote:

But in other sense, it is very popular among kimo-otas and goth-loli loving dollpa lovers alike.
What is kimo-otas please? I am guessing a dollpa is a make of a doll from googling...

*EDIT*
omg I've just been browsing around at some porcelain and Victorian dolls and most of them are freaky. I would not like to be in a room alone with some of them!
Old 2006-03-17, 19:27   Link #979
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
What is kimo-otas please? I am guessing a dollpa is a make of a doll from googling...

*EDIT*
omg I've just been browsing around at some porcelain and Victorian dolls and most of them are freaky. I would not like to be in a room alone with some of them!
kimo-ota is a lexicon of:

kimochi-warui + otaku = kimo-ota
literally, "otakus who creep the hell out of people" (stereotypical view of male otakus)

dollpa
short for "Doll Party," A doll convention that specializes in dolls similar to the quality (and sponsored by) Volk's dolfies.
Old 2006-03-17, 19:44   Link #980
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
*EDIT*
Lol, this is another reason why I didn't have that thought of "Damn, I'd love to be Jun and live with these dolls" after watching Rozen Maiden. In reality most of these types of dolls are quite scary, IMO.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural