AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-25, 16:03   Link #1481
Jekyll
Rozen Detective
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
If its Awakening, maybe its gonna be like Wecken? (Weckend?)
Wecken is the verb form (to awake). Awakening would be Erwachen. Weckend sounds kinda bad to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Could someone translate the new event?
As far as I can gather it is about some kind of traditional(?) doll festival, which deemed Rozen Maiden appropriate as its... Well. I'm not sure how the Rozen Maiden fit in there apart from being dolls. Maybe some as mascots or something like that? There's a separate website about it, with a picture of Tomoe (dressed as a miko), Hina, Jun and Shinku:

__________________
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 16:14   Link #1482
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
NICE!

Except for Jun not holding Shinku right in that pic :P


Quote:
Still.. looking at the crosses in Gin's dress, they might resemble some christianity purpose..
Yeah, I thought something like that aswel. You even see that Gin is left in that old church :P

But no, RM doesn't have any kind of religous imagery in it. Gin's crosses there are just for the "kickass" effect of it.
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 16:22   Link #1483
Alu
Guide my hand...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
But no, RM doesn't have any kind of religous imagery in it. Gin's crosses there are just for the "kickass" effect of it.
I agree 100% ~desu
__________________
-

-
Why have you created me, Father ?
Wasn't it because you love me.. ?
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:18   Link #1484
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
NICE!

Except for Jun not holding Shinku right in that pic :P
I can imagine the next scene would be Shinku slapping him for having his hand in the wrong place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara

Yeah, I thought something like that aswel. You even see that Gin is left in that old church :P

But no, RM doesn't have any kind of religous imagery in it. Gin's crosses there are just for the "kickass" effect of it.
Also the crosses are upside down....

Earlier I wrote about the maidens power source being tied with their torsos, the reasoning behind this was because of thats the area which houses Shinku's keyhole. This for me was reinforced because of the way that Gin's feather was able to stop Shinku from moving by entering her torso. I realise there are many assumptions with this theory.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 18:06   Link #1485
qbker
奴隷獣
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Why are we discussing this anyways? And wow, first time in days we don't see anyone viewing this topic besides me and the shy guests.
Alright alright for the love of dolls, sheeeeeeezz!

Anyway, either RM season 3 comes out or we bring this forum server down with overwhelming floods of whining messages.



Translation:
IMAGE: Suisei Seki
IMAGE: Sousei Seki
IMAGE: Chan Kai Seki (real historical person)
Jun: WTF was that I saw some strange dude sneaked in there!!
Suisei Seki: Nah you're just seeing things.
Jun: Seeing things?!!!
__________________
"跪いて お舐めよ 苦い 愛の 雫を"
Oklie Doklie Doo~~!
qbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 18:23   Link #1486
qbker
奴隷獣
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Be My Doll

I'd love to see this girl dressed up as a Rozen Maiden (melts), she has soooo much talent~~

..............and "potentials"...........mmmm....

Spoiler:
__________________
"跪いて お舐めよ 苦い 愛の 雫を"
Oklie Doklie Doo~~!
qbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 19:14   Link #1487
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27


...no. seriously, don't.
__________________
solwyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 21:38   Link #1488
Mincemaker
Hmmm?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glade
If you ask me, it looks like a festival event. But I can't be sure seeing I can't read Japanese.

And how very amusing. The seki twins had brought in some Taiwanese historical figure into the Sakurada household.
__________________
"Thy fate be sealed."
And all that was left was a corpse with a ravaged spinal cord.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 22:26   Link #1489
TamaNeko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbker
I'd love to see this girl dressed up as a Rozen Maiden (melts), she has soooo much talent~~

..............and "potentials"...........mmmm....

Spoiler:
IT'S A TRAP!

...and here's a little something from 4chan's /b in response to the growing DESU DESU DESU horde.

TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:17   Link #1490
uplinkhack
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbker
I'd love to see this girl dressed up as a Rozen Maiden (melts), she has soooo much talent~~

..............and "potentials"...........mmmm....

Spoiler:
gosh...the white doll looks really like a doll...especially the 2nd pic where the eyes are 'black'...
uplinkhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:17   Link #1491
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Lol, each time I get my butt here, there's an entire horde of new pics from 4chan :P
Gotta start going there someday.

Quote:
Earlier I wrote about the maidens power source being tied with their torsos, the reasoning behind this was because of thats the area which houses Shinku's keyhole. This for me was reinforced because of the way that Gin's feather was able to stop Shinku from moving by entering her torso. I realise there are many assumptions with this theory.
Hm.. now that you said it, it makes sense that their torsoes have something with their power source. I just don't get it why Gin is stronger because she doesn't have one. Or maybe, the lack of her torso is the WHOLE reason why she is the only one that's able to walk on her own without a master. That's why, in Traumend, she needs Megu to make a contract with her in order to keep moving, since her torso was (Speculatedly speaking) fixed by Enju (Or even Rozen himself, but I would really doubt that since Gin had fallen into Bara's hand).

Definetly something to look upon.

Also, congratz to me. (Well, my brother, since it's HIS birthday anyway :P) I'm the proud owner of a pre-ordered release of Kingdom Hearts 2. First game I've actually ever thought of really getting. But I hope it lives up to the scenes I've seen, otherwise I'll get really pissed.

Edit: Wow for the "doll" pics... I'd give up an arm to have that pink-haired one hanging beside my bed
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:32   Link #1492
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I'm still confused on how Gin awakened in season 1. If you don't have a torso, you can't wind it up right?
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:38   Link #1493
Mincemaker
Hmmm?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glade
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I'm still confused on how Gin awakened in season 1. If you don't have a torso, you can't wind it up right?
She does have a torso, though an incomplete one. The port where Jun winds up Shinku is around the upper torso area, so there's probably where the power source lie.

And Suigintou's upper torso is intact.
__________________
"Thy fate be sealed."
And all that was left was a corpse with a ravaged spinal cord.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:46   Link #1494
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Yeah, it's not really Shinku's "belly" area.

Maybe that's why we didn't see Gin eating anything in the entire series?

Anyway, thank god Gin's upper area is intact. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had the only piece of fanservice in the entire series. (The part where her clothes burn off, and her chest is out in the open. Gotta' be a sicko to get a hard-on at that time, though ( )_o )
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:48   Link #1495
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
but did Rozen really fix suiginto?

or was it really the EVIL APPRENTICE!!!!

honestly what i hoped for at the end of the first season was that it would have been Jun that fixed suiginto in his dreams without knowing it.

remember, when she died it was near Jun's soul tree. now that his soul was cleansed it would have been neat if his soul had healed her in its recovery. Jun did have the strength of a maestro.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 23:55   Link #1496
Mincemaker
Hmmm?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
but did Rozen really fix suiginto?

or was it really the EVIL APPRENTICE!!!!

honestly what i hoped for at the end of the first season was that it would have been Jun that fixed suiginto in his dreams without knowing it.

remember, when she died it was near Jun's soul tree. now that his soul was cleansed it would have been neat if his soul had healed her in its recovery. Jun did have the strength of a maestro.
I believe what truly defines a Rozen Maiden is the existence of a Roza Mystica inside her. It doesn't matter if it is Enju or Rozen who fixed her, as she still had the Roza Mystica. And this shows that she is a Rozen Maiden.

I think that Enju is the one who fixed Suigintou (her body, I mean. Her Roza Mystica was not taken in season 1), for the purpose of the faux Alice Game. After all, in the episode where Suigintou returned, Barasuishou did say 'it is all going according to plan'.

And yes, Jun is a maestro.....in sewing.
__________________
"Thy fate be sealed."
And all that was left was a corpse with a ravaged spinal cord.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:03   Link #1497
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
We still really don't know what being a maestro trully means. It can be an universal thing, or like it's being said here, something for a specific skill. But still, I would guess that Jun could achieve the power of returning a Roza Mistica to it's owner's body, giving him a little training or in an extreme situation.

Still, I wouldn't say that her body got fixed on it's own because of the existence of her Roza Mistica still inside of her. Shinku's arm wasn't repaired just because of that, nor Bara's arm. (I know it's a different context, as Gin was left a couple of days/months there, but still.)

However, you guys DO recall that Gin didn't remember anything before her awakening and her encounter with Shinku. Her entire memory of what she had done in Season 1 was lost, and she only remembered a while after, that she indeed had been destroyed.
I wonder why is that. Does their "artificial" souls have a time-span of activation? Because Gin could remember pretty well the last time she was awake, battling against Shinku. But the rest that we've seen was lost in her memory for a while.
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:07   Link #1498
Mincemaker
Hmmm?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
We still really don't know what being a maestro trully means. It can be an universal thing, or like it's being said here, something for a specific skill. But still, I would guess that Jun could achieve the power of returning a Roza Mistica to it's owner's body, giving him a little training or in an extreme situation.

Still, I wouldn't say that her body got fixed on it's own because of the existence of her Roza Mistica still inside of her. Shinku's arm wasn't repaired just because of that, nor Bara's arm. (I know it's a different context, as Gin was left a couple of days/months there, but still.)

However, you guys DO recall that Gin didn't remember anything before her awakening and her encounter with Shinku. Her entire memory of what she had done in Season 1 was lost, and she only remembered a while after, that she indeed had been destroyed.
I wonder why is that. Does their "artificial" souls have a time-span of activation? Because Gin could remember pretty well the last time she was awake, battling against Shinku. But the rest that we've seen was lost in her memory for a while.
You misunderstood the Roza Mystica part. I'm saying that even if somebody not Rozen fixed Suigintou, she is still a Rozen Maiden, because of her Roza Mystica.

I think that the battle is traumatizing enough for Suigintou to gain a temporary amnesia of it (Though specifically, I believe it is the revealling of the fact to others that she had no belly was probably what traumatized her). But eventually, she did remember the details, didn't she?

Trauma can do things to the mind.
__________________
"Thy fate be sealed."
And all that was left was a corpse with a ravaged spinal cord.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:13   Link #1499
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
the rosa mystica may indeed be able to renew or 'save' life. remember how suiginto was collecting them to save her friend? even though barasuisho may have been lying it does not seem improbable that it was a half truth. if the crystals do have the power to heal i wonder if the memories of the crystal would be passed on to the person recieving it.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:19   Link #1500
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Yeah those words define the characters I guess.

Oh oh... more questions haha ... At the end of Traumend Ep12 for Ayu's sub there was this (?) advertisement for another anime.. Is that what it was? Can anyone can shed light on it, it looks really cute~~PM me if discussing it is against forum rules.

@Milkmandan: Thanks for compling Btw, love your sig (not the pedo one, the previous one -.-)
I know this might be off topic, but i have a image rotator for my signature so it will be changing. sorry about
as for the end and the anime, Binchou-tan and REC. I would highly recommend REC as it is funny and enjoyable. I would recommend the fansubs from Ayu as they somehow have the Widescreen RAW version of the episodes from Japan.
Binchou-tan is very...eh...in my opinion "boring" but if you like loli, then it is perfect
as almost every character in that is uber cute.

Wellz, just recently i've learned another commonly used Japanese suffix. た[ん] (tan) is a suffix when addressing a cute young little girl. Most girls that hold this title are usually very chibi looking. Two examples are (one) 灼眼のシャナたん (Shakugan no Shanatan). If you've ever seen this special episode, its very cute. Another great example is びんちょうタン (Binchou-tan). If you've seen this as well, you'll know exactly what I am referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the rosa mystica may indeed be able to renew or 'save' life. remember how suiginto was collecting them to save her friend? even though barasuisho may have been lying it does not seem improbable that it was a half truth. if the crystals do have the power to heal i wonder if the memories of the crystal would be passed on to the person recieving it.
thats a good question, but you do realize that the Rosa's are meant for the dolls. and the reason why Bara broke down was cuz she wasn't a doll made from the original Rozen (in a sense her body couldn't contain all the Rosa Mystica's or maybe just Shinku's), i honestly though it was just a big lie to get Gin to act the way she did. I may be wrong, but i personally believe that a Rosa cannot save a human life, from what the series portrays. probably not..but oh well anyone wanna elaborate?
__________________
milkmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.