AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 11:58   Link #1
spartanprime
Space Marine

Send a message via Yahoo to spartanprime
Exclamation Devil fruits for the Non-powered SH members?

I was just thinking, you know with Oda everything is possible in One Piece. Currently, only Luffy, Robin and Chopper has the power of Devil fruits. I'm just wondering, since One Piece is apparently far from being over and all, if non-powered regular SH members will get to eat devil fruits somewhere down the stretch of the show. Most notably the weak or underrated ones, like Nami, Usopp and Sanji. The other two non-devil fruit users, Zorro and Franky are already way too strong. I mean, Zorro has three unique swords coupled with his asura strikes. Then Franky is a damn cyborg, all he has to do to become more powerful is to upgrade his body parts. Maybe he can even ask Usopp to customize his 'back' for him to become completely invincible. So like, I just want to know what everyone else think. And if ever Nami, Usopp, and Sanji does eat Devil fruits, what kind of power would they get or would fit them?

- Spartan Prime

spartanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 14:05   Link #2
Fyria

I don't think current members need any devilfruit powers.

They are all cabable fighters now and they all have unique styles. If there had to give all devil fruits then something exotic would be nice. Something that enchants their skills.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:46   Link #3
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

I've always believed Usopp would get a weapon-animal thing, like Mr4 and Spandam
Old 2007-10-05, 04:46   Link #4
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Oh God, no. Never. They're fine as they are.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:28   Link #5
spartanprime
Space Marine

Send a message via Yahoo to spartanprime
But almost all crews in the Grand Line have the powers of Devil fruits. I mean, ya they're fine as they are now, but when the time comes they'll face tougher and more powerful Devil-fruit powered pirate crews. Sure, Luffy (with all his gears), Zoro (with his multi-armed bad-ass Asura strikes), Robin ( with her devil powers), Chopper (with his 5+ point transformations) and Franky (with his frontal invincibility and firepower) can deal with all the odds. But what about Nami and Usopp? Sanji can hold his own, but his techniques, though powerful, is somewhat overrated against powerful opponents. Can Nami and Usopp keep up and go toe-to-toe when faced with overwhelming odds without the advantage of having a Devil-fruit power? Should Sanji be allowed to fulfill his dream of having eaten the Devil fruit that grants invisibility, the one Absalom ate?

- Spartan Prime

spartanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 14:59   Link #6
ellifeedn
Thinker

You shouldn't be talking about spoilers in a non-spoiler thread (doesn't say manga thread). But for my 2 cents, I think a water logia fruit would suit Sanji because not only can he peek on women but he can also "touch" them without them knowing but I like Sanji just the way he is now.

As for Usopp, I think a fruit that gives an ability like that sniper guy in Yu Yu Hakusho in the second-to-last arc sounds about right.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 15:55   Link #7
Sazelyt
F i n

Zoro is aiming for the strongest swordsman position. If Mihawk does not have that kind of ability, then he shouldn't get devil fruit power. For Sanji, his goal should be Zeff (who also didn't seem to have any Devil Fruit powers in his prime) and beyond. And giving him devil fruit powers would create an unbalance between him and Zoro.

For Usopp and Nami, I think they will stay as intelligent fighters. Usopp has created a unique identity for himself. Nami is using a very powerful weapon too. I think with upgrades to their weapons, they will do fine. Not every member of the crew should be pretty strong. There will come a time that the strength alone will not help the crew to survive. And, I think, Nami and Usopp will be given those qualities to help the others in way the others cannot help themselves.

And, anyway, most of the crew getting devil fruit powers is not desirable. If they were put into a situation of no devil fruit ability user cannot overcome himself (such as the prison Crocodile has used, or falling into sea or a similar place), then one or two may not be able to save all. I think and I hope Oda will try to keep that balance till the end.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:12   Link #8
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

i dont think there is a water logia fruit. the straw hats all have there origninal styles and should keep it that way.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 02:28   Link #9
Nuzzles

Well I believe there should be more non-DF users in a crew than there are DF users. They're PIRATES, which means SEA. Having so many people vulnerable to a very real danger that is always surrounding them...not such a good thing.

But that's not the real reason I don't want them eating any. The characters just wouldn't be themselves if they got DF powers. Honestly, imagining Usopp with an ability is just... totally not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanprime View Post
Then Franky is a damn cyborg, all he has to do to become more powerful is to upgrade his body parts. Maybe he can even ask Usopp to customize his 'back' for him to become completely invincible.
There's no way Franky would trust Usopp with that...not a chance in hell.

And I wouldn't blame him at all.

Last edited by Nuzzles; 2007-10-27 at 23:55.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 09:56   Link #10
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
I've always believed Usopp would get a weapon-animal thing, like Mr4 and Spandam
Yes, that is exactly what i was thinking of.
Usopp getting a Weapon with a animal-friut, and of course a animal that have a wery good sight ^^,
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote