AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 15:16   Link #1
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
My fav anime list and recommendations for more...

Please note that is from what i can remember - animes i have watched or need to watch. So there is some I may need to add. But I would appreciate recommendations for any animes I may love or ones that you do?

I just need some amazing anime that I look forward to watching the next ep with (cant wait to see what happens next... i feel that way about every anime in my favourites.)

I have watched countless anime.

Can someone maybe help me with my next series as I need something to watch to cure my boredom until I go back to University.

Dont worry about them being licensed please. I buy anime all the time so its not a big deal for me buying them.

Please help

Favourite Anime: Bleach, Great Teacher Onizuka, Gundam SEED, Mai-Hime, Naruto (Finally fed up of it tho), One Piece, Onegai Twins, Hajime No Ippo (really enjoyed this anime above all the rest, didnt expect it to be so great), Stellvia, Hunter X Hunter, Full Metal Panic, Kimi Ga Eien, Tsubasa Chronicle (season one and two - season two demoted to liked ), and Elfen Lied. GANTZ (AWESOME AWESOME ANIME - gantz gantz gantz. best of lot for me ) Hikaru No Go. Major Season 2. Kaleido Star. Robotech. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (first ova I have watched that I have really liked... thought it was a tv series when I started watching it). Mai-otome zwei. Kenichi (keep it up subbers - this series rules ) . Zero no Tsukaima. Berserk

Really like(d): Blue Gender, Eyesheild 21, Full Metal Panic Second Raid, Gundam SEED Destiny, First Gundam, Turn A Gundam, Juuni Kokki, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Onegai Teacher, Vandread 1&2, Hellsing. Kyou Kara Maou!. Major season 1. Sousei no Aquarion. Gunparade March. Touch. Air Gear. Eureka 7. Lemon Angel Project (this is only subbed to ep 5 unfortunetly ). Kanon. Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Host Club. Fate/Stay Night. Gundam SEED Astray. Code Geass. Buoss Renkin. Ghost Hunt. Kekkaish. Seikai no Monshou. Bakuretsu Tenshi. Vandread. Jyu Oh sei.

Like(d): Angelic Layer, Ai Yori Aoshi, Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi, Buzzer Beater, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic 2, Guyver, Outlaw star, Prince of Tennis, Scrapped Princess, Samurai 7 , Samurai Champloo, Shadow Skill, Trigun, Scyred. Soukyuu no Fafner -RIGHT OF LEFT. Tenjou Tenge. Escaflowne. Getbackers. Love Hina series. Princess Nine. DearS. Samurai Deeper Kyo, X. Macross 7. Black Cat. Black Lagoon. Narutaru. Gunparade Orchestra. Kiba. Mai-Otome. Shana. Soul Link. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Nadesico. RahXephon. Ranma 1/2. Yakitate Japan!. Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Suzumiya Haruhi. Utawarerumono. Death Note. Souten no Ken. Kiba. Aishiteruze Baby. Midori no Hibi. Dragon Ball Z. Emma. Suzuka. Sakura Wars. Soukou no Strain. D-Gray Man.

It was okay: Chrono Crusade, Peacemaker Kurogane, Rorouni Kenshin, Whistle, Street Fighter, Airmaster, Kamichu. Flame of recca. Kannazuki no Miko. Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku. D.N.Angel. Cowboy Bebop. Noir. Azumanga Daiou. Furi Kuri. Chobits. Chrno Crusade. Read Or Die. Inuyasha. Fruit Basket. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou. Karin.

Did not finish watching it all (lost interest): Last Exile, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Monster, Najica Blizt Tactics, Basilisk (The scene on boat was to much for me... do not like that kind of thing), Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken TV, Amaenaide yo!, Okusama wa Joshikousei, Witch Hunter Robin. PlanetES. Blood + (first 4 episodes seem slow, wonders if it gets better. Cluster Edge. Ginban KaleidoScope. Kashimashi ~Girl meets Girl~. Kidou Shinsengumi Moeyo Ken TV. Simoun. Tactical Roar. Rescue Wings. Kiddy Grade (might start watching again since u said first few eps are slow). AIR (may try again) Yuu Yuu Hakusho (something about it didnt click for me ) Koi Kaze. ah! my goddess. Peach (omg that girl annoyed me so much)

Did not like it: Ghost in the Shell. Play Ball.

Waiting on: Bakuretsu Tenshi 2 and Sousei no Aquarion and Major Season 3.

Still to watch (got but not watched): Haibane Renmei. Hachimitsu to Clover.

To get : Kurau Phantom Memory. Rec. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A. AIR. strawberry panic. TOKKO. shuffle. The Third. Witch Blade. Gungrave. Hiatari Ryoukou. Kenran Butou Sai: The Mars Daybreak.
(put off because its not type of anime i want to watch at moment or have no interest in series at this time... however sound like good animes and will be watched by me in the near future):

So a fair bit yeah... what to watch . What to buy... what to download. Anything that I have not watched that you consider to be a great anime?

If you need any recommendations feel free to ask me.

Please note that is from what i can remember - animes i have watched or need to watch. So there is some I may need to add. But I would appreciate recommendations for any animes I may love or ones that you do?

I just need some huge anime that I look forward to watching the next ep with (cant wait to see what happens next... i feel that way about anime in my favourites.)
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2007-06-12 at 19:08.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:40   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

RahXephon - I don't see it listed. I liked it more than Evangelion.

Ranma 1/2 - Very funny, lots of action. First three seasons are must watch.

Haibane Renmei - No action at all, but its one of those series you have to see if you watch anime... its among my top five.

Those are just a couple suggestions... there's really still a ton of anime you haven't seen yet. And alot of it is better (imo) than alot of the shows on your list. (in your "Favorite Anime" list, for that matter) But then, I prolly have very differing opinions than you... considering Full Moon Wo Sagashite is also among my top five fav anime.

Here's the main sites I check if I'm looking for anime to watch:
http://www.anidb.net
http://www.animenfo.com/
http://www.animeacademy.com
http://www.themanime.org/
Old 2006-06-08, 07:43   Link #3
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
just updated my list
My Anime List
Old 2006-06-08, 10:00   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Looks like you made the list from memory

Check these out if you haven't seen already:
Hachimitsu to Clover - I don't see how you can't have already heard of this
Seikai no Monshou - Really good sci-fi
Midori no Hibi - You've prolly already seen it
Aishiteruze Baby - One of my favs
Rec - Nice romance/comedy
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu - Hilarious
Night Walker - Not the greatest anime, but if you're like me and like vamps, its the only way to go if you've already seen Hellsing and Tsukihime
KURAU Phantom Memory - This was a really pleasant surprise for me when I had thought I'd seen every decent show in existence

You had to have seen (not on list):
Cowboy Bebop
Noir
Azumanga Daiou
Furi Kuri
Chobits
Old 2006-06-08, 10:54   Link #5
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Have you seen Shingetsutan Tsukihime? Did you hate it?
Old 2006-06-08, 11:16   Link #6
saznami

Lightbulb

Try Koi Kaze. no action but like haibane renmei... it's a must see. Also sorry if you mentioned this in the post but try .hack//sign but you have prob seen it already. I hope i helped... tell me if i did.
Old 2006-06-08, 17:29   Link #7
Wavie
Freedom

Jedinat those are nice recommendations mate thankyou...

Midori no Hibi - You've prolly already seen it - will buy that

Aishiteruze Baby - was good anime - seen and forgot to put in list

Hachimitsu to Clover - I don't see how you can't have already heard of this - heard of but kept putting it off.... will try it

Nice guessing vi the way: Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Azumanga Daiou, Furi Kuri, Chobits - i have seen all of them except Azumanga

Thanks for nice reply again.

Have you seen Shingetsutan Tsukihime? Did you hate it? - yeah should be in my really liked list

Try Koi Kaze. no action but like haibane renmei... it's a must see. Also sorry if you mentioned this in the post but try .hack//sign but you have prob seen it already. I hope i helped... tell me if i did.

I have seen Koi Kaze and .Hack//sign - i watched koi kaze to ep 5 and hack sign to ep 3 - does hack sign get better? I am always thinking of giving it another shot as I may not have watched it as well as I should have... just like blood + i feel like i didnt give it a fair chance, oh and last exile to.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, was nice recommendations.

Any action animes that are great that I have not got on list - I Need some action =)
My Anime List
Old 2006-06-08, 18:26   Link #8
Soujiro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
Favourite Anime: Bleach, Great Teacher Onizuka, Gundam SEED, Mai-Hime, Naruto (Finally fed up of it tho), One Piece, Onegai Twins, Hajime No Ippo (really enjoyed this anime above all the rest, didnt expect it to be so great), Stellvia, Hunter X Hunter, Full Metal Panic, Kimi Ga Eien, Tsubasa Chronicle (season one and two), and Elfen Lied. GANTZ (AWESOME AWESOME ANIME - gantz gantz gantz. best of lot for me ) Hikaru No Go. Bakuretsu Tenshi. Major Season 2. Fate/Stay Night. Kaleido Star. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (first ova I have watched that I have really liked... thought it was a tv series when I started watching it). Utawarerumono. Host Club.
Ah you have excellent taste! Hajime No Ippo is truly, truly awesome (my #1....too bad its sadly relatively unknown). Guess I have to go and give GANTZ a try now lol. Hmm.....as for an action anime you've pretty much seen the ones i can really recommend. However, you should check out Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's if you can. I can't say the story is the greatest but I fully enjoyed watching the action. Try checking out the first episode of the second season (the one with "A's") and see if its your thing.

I'd also second watching Hachimitsu to Clover/Honey and Clover. It's such a great series and really hits home with people that are currently in college. Additionally, if you like Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club then I'm sure youll love Morita

As a side note personally I think you should give Full Moon wo Sagashite a try till the end. I wasn't too fond of some of the earlier episodes but the second half totally places in in my top ten of all time
Old 2006-06-08, 23:01   Link #9
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

No Yuu Yuu Hakusho?! For shame!

Seriously, I would STRONGLY reccomend it. It's currently my favorite anime, and we seem to have similar tastes. Also, the original manga was done by the same guy who does Hunter x Hunter, and you seem to love that.
Old 2006-06-08, 23:32   Link #10
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Try watching....

AIR: the story is very captivating. I suggest you watch all of them (the series, the summer special, and the movie <- i prefer this one the best)

Suzumiya Haruhi: lots of ficitional stuffs. tons of randomness, comedy, and just plain hilarious mayhem

Nanaka 6/17: licensed and dvd is out in stores (vol. 1 is out). very interesting story

Strawberry Panic: a shoujo-ai anime (that's the all girl characters yes?) anyway, cute set of characters and a good story. in many ways, it somewhat similar to marimite.

Kiddy Grade: it starts a little slow on a first few ep. but the story gets interesting on later parts. has little fanservice, space actions, and nice set of characters.

D.N.Angel: Not as good as the manga counterpart but if you're looking for another romantic anime then this is for you.

Diamond Daydreams: has different storyline and every chapter stands on their own. good story nonetheless, excellent characters, lots of drama.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children: i know this isn't an anime but what the heck . DVD is out in stores (dubbed version). Word of advice, if you haven't played the game then don't buy this. This is just a recommendation in case you did played the game before.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-06-08, 23:50   Link #11
DwArD
mAnIaC

Haha....everywhere I go, people are recommending Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. Oh well.....who cares....Here's my list of must watch animes:

1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
2. Fate/Stay Night
3. Shingetsutan Tsukihime
4. Solty Rei (really touching)
5. Yakitate Japan! (this is really hilarious and out-of-the-world)
6. Full Metal Panic series
7. Chrno Crusade (pretty sad and touching)
8. TOKKO (expect lots of blood)
9. Elfen Lied (decent story but expect LOTS AND LOTS of blood coupled with body ripping scenes)
10. Utawarerumono (I just luuuuuuurve Mukuru and the girls)
11. Ah! My Goddess Season 1 & 2 (beautiful goddess + comical + romance)
12. Shakugan no Shana
13. Shuffle!
Old 2006-06-12, 12:45   Link #12
Wavie
Freedom

thx for recommendations guys and for posting your opinions on what I will like - as I said I shall give a go at animes I like sound of...

added some more to my list that I have seen before and forgot to add.

What i really need is a new action series tho, getting fed up of not seeing any action in anime - can anyone help ?

I will prob try tokko - only action thats recommended here that I have not seen.
My Anime List
Old 2006-06-12, 14:07   Link #13
jedinat
フリーター

The Third
Witchblade
Check those two out. Tokko is lame, imho.

And that KURAU Phantom Memory that I mentioned earlier has a lot of action. What else...
Since it looks like you rather enjoy shounen, maybe check out Inuyasha, I liked it in spite of myself.
Some of the episodes of Kino no Tabi have quite a bit of action.
Old 2006-06-12, 14:42   Link #14
Keios
Q(.Q)

I second Witchblade!

Hmm... have you seen Madlax? Girls with guns + awesome music.

Noein has some nice action too... but I'm probably the only one here who likes it.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.
Old 2006-06-12, 20:37   Link #15
andromeda0201

hmm, i dont think i see Full Metal Alchemist in your list, have you watched it?
For action, I recommend,
Gungrave - lots of action, story is developed slowly but gets really good later
Gankutsuou - this has more to do with scheming and plans than action, you might be put off by the artwork at first but do continue
Vandread - its really entertaining and funny, lots of space action
Read or Die - paper users!
Angelic Layer - the storyline is unique and fast-paced, you'll get addicted
I 2nd Kurau Phantom Memory, it was one of the anime that I didn't have any expectations at all, however it has more to do with the feelings of the characters and not hardcore action

For romance or shoujo titles, you could try Gakuen Alice, Princess Tutu, Fruits Basket, Kare Kano, I My Me Strawberry eggs, Suzuka, Emma, Peach Girl, Karin and Midori no Hibi
Old 2006-06-13, 01:15   Link #16
mastermind

Send a message via AIM to mastermind
Favorite Animes

1. Kimi Ga Nozoumu Eien
2. Elfen Lied
3. Naruto (dropped to third cuz of too much damn filtering eps.)
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Inuyasha
6. Yakitate!! Japan
7. Full Metal Panic (All Series)
8. Full Metal Alchemist
9. Ah! My Goddess
10. Fruits Basket
Old 2006-06-13, 08:56   Link #17
miaka

Currently ongoing action anime . . .
Jyu Oh sei - anime about survival with koichi domoto and shun oguri as CV and its will end within this month.
Nishi no yoki majo - its theme is many in one. action, adventure, school, romance, fairy tale, gothic, comedy, drama ...
Gintama - comedy, samurai action with many cross over scene from shounen jump characters.
------
Saiunkoku Monogatari - not an action anime more on comedy and politics.
------
may be you have seen it..
sakura wars - mecha anime with good musical
X/TV - clamp anime. many of its characters are in tsubasa too.
Rave - action fight with similar theme with FMA, HxH (searching for his father)

Last edited by miaka; 2006-06-16 at 10:24.
Old 2006-06-15, 19:35   Link #18
Wavie
Freedom

Those are some nice recommendation guys - thx for posting them, now i have old anime, romance, action and anything else that can be thought of thx to your suggestions from this thread and others.

Thankyou
My Anime List
Old 2006-06-15, 21:45   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd like to suggest Hiatari Ryoukou for a classic anime. It's on AnimeSuki, and it was made by Mitsuru Adachi as well, among the pioneers of the romance genre in anime. It's a great romance with the whole cast extremely likable.
Old 2006-06-15, 23:45   Link #20
Asfad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie

What i really need is a new action series tho, getting fed up of not seeing any action in anime - can anyone help ?
Black Lagoon fits the new action series category to the tee.
Closed Thread