AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-20, 20:03   Link #321
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Anyone else saw the extra episode called Mushishi "Digest"? This "episode" consisted of short clips from various regular episodes of Mushishi, and interviews of some of the key people behind the Mushishi animation, along with a brief glimpse into the tangible creation of the Mushishi animation, with Ginko's voice actor, Yuto Nakano, as the narrator throughout the episode. Hiroshi Nagahama (overall director), Toshio Masuda (music), Takeshi Waki (art director), Kazuya Tanaka (sound director) were the interviews presented. I thought it was a pretty enlightening watch; to hear the creators comment on Mushishi and the aspect of their work, and to listen to Ginko's voice actor explaining the work and the world of Mushishi. I think my appreciation for Mushishi has just gone up a bit from viewing this report.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 21:39   Link #322
Lost

Well yes I did, but I didnt understand a single thing, so I hope some kind soul will sub it.. I'll get back to you when (if) I watch a subbed version. It was really nice tho, hearing the "real" Ginko, erm.. his VA.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 12:12   Link #323
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Well yes I did, but I didnt understand a single thing, so I hope some kind soul will sub it.. I'll get back to you when (if) I watch a subbed version. It was really nice tho, hearing the "real" Ginko, erm.. his VA.
同じく。 Well, almost. I could understand a little.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 17:55   Link #324
Snoop'

I just downloaded and watched the digest (mmmh, need to find ep.22 now).
Not much was said, though. Ginko commented the concept of the series, and the sound director, mucsic composer, director and so on made comments on their works.
But I was gald to see the kids acting, because what I also olike in Mushishi is the fact that they use actual children to perform young characters, and not a woman like in most anime shows.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 22:37   Link #325
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 22.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 22, and pondering questions:
Old 2006-05-29, 18:39   Link #326
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

No one else had comments for episode 22 or responses to my questions? I want to hear what you think too. I suppose most people are waiting for the English subs. Oh well. Anyways, I just saw episode 23.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 23:
Old 2006-05-29, 20:17   Link #327
TronDD
Team the box!

Yes, need subs, unfortunatly.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 02:16   Link #328
wao
OK.

I haven't watched 23 yet, but I liked the original manga story. ***ny seems to hate me today.

But I finally watched 22. Very subtle and nice episode.
Spoiler for How spoilery can Mushishi get?:

AisuruMirai: You've prolly seen it before, since you have that pic of Mushishi drawn by the YKK author, but there's a pic of YKK drawn by the Mushishi author too.
Old 2006-05-31, 02:48   Link #329
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I can't access the picture ... *sigh*
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 09:42   Link #330
Lost

Wow thats a beautiful picture; I really love the expressions on their faces, and their eyes!! And the watercolour painting of it... so calming!! Dang it, I've never actually seen/read Mushishi manga; I must pick it up one day. wao, do you know if they sell any translations in S'pore?
Old 2006-05-31, 12:08   Link #331
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I can't access the picture ... *sigh*
Wakachan forbids direct linking, but you can simply get around that by copy and pasting the link directly into the url bar. Or an even easier way: by clicking on the link and dragging it into the url bar. And voila, you have just stolen bandwidth .

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-05-31 at 12:54.
Old 2006-05-31, 18:10   Link #332
Snoop'

I had watched ep.22, but when I saw that no one had posted a comment after a few days, well...
(needs to watch ep.23 - probably tomorrow evening)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Snoop'; 2006-05-31 at 18:47.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 07:32   Link #333
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Wow thats a beautiful picture; I really love the expressions on their faces, and their eyes!! And the watercolour painting of it... so calming!! Dang it, I've never actually seen/read Mushishi manga; I must pick it up one day. wao, do you know if they sell any translations in S'pore?
As far as I know, nope. I've been surprisingly forking out the money to get the raws from Kinokuniya... This coming from someone who buys veeeery little (manga is a lot cheaper than anime of course, and I'm not much of a manga person but...)

The mangaka has a very sketchy sort of style that works quite well with the series (or rather I've just gotten really used to it). I think she works best with background images and composition though - I love the tankoubon covers. Volume 7 has the best artwork so far IMO; and some would probably be interested in........................ The return of
Spoiler for widely held knowledge by anyone who keeps up with Mushishi:
Old 2006-06-01, 08:18   Link #334
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
As far as I know, nope. I've been surprisingly forking out the money to get the raws from Kinokuniya... This coming from someone who buys veeeery little (manga is a lot cheaper than anime of course, and I'm not much of a manga person but...)

The mangaka has a very sketchy sort of style that works quite well with the series (or rather I've just gotten really used to it). I think she works best with background images and composition though - I love the tankoubon covers. Volume 7 has the best artwork so far IMO; and some would probably be interested in........................ The return of
Spoiler for widely held knowledge by anyone who keeps up with Mushishi:
Hmm.. I'm struggling between buying and not buying.. On one hand, I won't understand the raws; on the other, just owning them by virtue of the drawings (if nice, tho I expect them to be no less than spectacular - i like sketchy style) would be enough, then again, much of the story the drawings represent will be lost on me.. May I ask how much one volume costs at Kino?

Yay!! But... another guy who knows her? Hmph.. competition with Ginko?? Anyhow maybe they'll end Mushishi with her this time round again.
Old 2006-06-01, 20:24   Link #335
wao
OK.

No, they won't. The final 6 episodes will round up volumes 1 to 6 but does not go into volume 7. These are the remaining episodes but I can't be arsed to point out what is frmo which chapter (it's somewhere in this thread anyways).

One book is not cheap, it costs around $14 bucks on average. I highly suggest you try to get as many as you can during the sales - I got my book 2, 4, 5 and 7 during sales and I saved at least 10% on each.
And of course you will find it much more easily at Liang Court than at Orchard Road. Sometimes both don't have it though, and you have to ask them to order it for you.
Old 2006-06-02, 12:16   Link #336
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
AisuruMirai: You've prolly seen it before, since you have that pic of Mushishi drawn by the YKK author, but there's a pic of YKK drawn by the Mushishi author too.
Thanks, wao--I'd not seen that pic before. 失礼かもしれませんけど、やはりワタシは芦奈野の方が好きだと思います。「蟲師」をもっと少し読んでから、 漆原のスタイルに慣れるといいけどね。(I'd truly love to have all the tankoubon.) The pic I posted, by the way, was included in the "Ginko pack" in an earlier post in this thread; I saw it for the 1st time literally only seconds before posting it. I think it was Lost who posted the pack, right?

では、
アイスル未来

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-06-03 at 09:51.
Old 2006-06-03, 02:39   Link #337
wao
OK.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised - after all, Ashinano has a lot more experience drawing manga - YKK started in 1995 but Mushishi was in 2000. (of course, both of them have been doing things before that).

But Urushihara certainly has improved, the drawings of Ginko have certainly gotten more stable and his features are more defined when compared to previous chapters.

I like both pics anyway, for their own reasons.

But I've yet to watch ep 23 No access to Winny here and have bad luck with torrents...
Old 2006-06-03, 11:53   Link #338
AisuruMirai
箱者

Hmmm...I just had a look at Kinokuniya. I can get the manga for $7.85(vols. 1-4), $8.35(vols. 6 & 7), or ¥590(vol. 5) each. Not bad at all. 買うかしら。
Old 2006-06-06, 01:25   Link #339
jedinat
フリーター

Just watched ep 21 fansub... awesome episode. It'd be cool if he hangs on to the freaky kids in the bottle. He needs some sort of traveling companion.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 05:47   Link #340
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

*Sore Feet Song plays*

Oh, Mushishi, it's been far too long.

Ep 21 was amazing, yet again... more so since the time away from it has just made me anticipate it more. And I certainly wasn't disappointed. It's episodes like this that are the reason why I think Mushishi ranks so highly among the best shows of the last 12 months.

Engrossing atmosphere, and absorbing story, as per usual. One minor, minor flaw though: I didn't like how Ginko's reaction to being stabbed was almost comical. It sort of ruined the mood at that point.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural