AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 15:40   Link #741
Snoop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
As for ep.8, I have no idea what's happening here. Care to enlighten me?
Well, ep.8 is "From the Sea Border". And what's coming from there ? A SHARK !!!!

As for myself, I don't get your picture...
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:56   Link #742
lommm
l'homme de lommm

those scans are great!! thank you!! i like the one for ep 21!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:01   Link #743
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop' View Post
Well, ep.8 is "From the Sea Border". And what's coming from there ? A SHARK !!!!

As for myself, I don't get your picture...
I wasn't sure whether it was a shark's fin or something else drifting in the water though I guess the former makes more sense.

Speaking of drifting, the pic I posted earlier was just something that I found floating around the net (I don't even remember where I got it). Top left panel appears to be from Zettai Shounen, top right's from Mushishi, middle left's from Pokemon, middle right and bottom panel looks like something from YKK. As for what they have in common, I'm guessing that they've mistaken Alpha for a UFO (something unidentified this way comes) though I could be mistaken.

Other fanmade stuff I've stumbled across:
(too bad most of them can't figure out how to remove the subs)

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<))))><..`.reviews.`.links.`..><((((>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:02   Link #744
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey, EVERYONE:

Check out this Tanyuu sketch!

There's more like this one to be seen here:

http://sensei.rubberslug.com/gallery...SeriesID=25587

Also, check out some great wallpapers here:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
http://sketch.jho-tan.com/images/fatginkocolors.jpg
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

G. Zeus: Thanks for posting the video links.

SB-

Last edited by SugarBosomCCAC; 2007-03-25 at 04:26.
SugarBosomCCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 06:28   Link #745
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, i really like the cool scheme chosen for Tanyuu (and i'm sure a few more people around here are going to feel the same). I'm glad to see there are many more on the site.
Old 2007-03-25, 06:48   Link #746
wao
OK.

Oh my god, production drawings! How I envy that person for being able to obtain them... I would so love to get my hands on something like that. The drawings are so nice.

I suppose they're corrected by Yoshihiko Umakoshi? (the character designer and overall animation director) The lines are quite skilled. I heard one of his good points is that he can draw very fast - but would you believe it or not, in actual animation his forte apparently is in fighting scenes? And also he designed the characters for Ojamajo Doremi if I remember (off the top of my head) correctly. What a wide variety...

You can, in fact, see an AMV of Umakoshi's animation here. I don't think he's as much of a great mover as the real greats in Japanese animation, but I remember watching that episode of Nadia just to see his animation of the main character dancing, for some reason.
Old 2007-03-25, 07:08   Link #747
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
Err... yeah. Something like that. If Ginko would ever ride a bike, let it be a decent looking motor bike. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, whatever floats your boat. (maybe with a 2-stroke engine to keep the mushi at bay, the buggers belch more smoke in 5 minutes than what Ginko could puff out in a week).
Hermes?

Quote:
I've always thought of Mushishi as a drama series. It's all about human situation, actions, and emotions, the mushi just happen to be catalysts.
That is very much my personal view; but I get Cal's point — while Mushi are the catalysts, Ginko as "the facilitator" is the one that completes the circle between Mushi and story protagonists — he is the unspoken narrator; he is the observer, the one to whom stories can be told; in other words, he very much is us without seeming so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Conclusion: In the end, perhaps we shouldn't frustrate ourselves too much. Mushishi's appeal lies in the fascinating mushi, the endearing characters we see, and Ginko himself who leads an inbetween existence. I personally feel that the true value of the mushi is what they teach us about ourselves, humanity. The influence of the mushi reflects upon and brings out everything that makes people who they are--kinship, love, complacence, greed, selfishness, selflessness; Ginko is the facilitator of this process.

So at this point, I feel a more modern setting which allows the characters to be assembled in one community and take on new backgrounds and stories would be best; while the importance of mushi in each character's tale should be retained, the primary source of interest, as was in the original, should lie with the characters themselves.
I think this is reasonable; while *sigh*, it would be very nice to have the "mystique that mushi and the mushishi can offer" (which, IMO cannot co-exist with science and a highly modern society) as you say; it wouldn't be rightly titled Alternative if it did have that, would it? I guess the objective of having the character's story told must be kept in mind; kept the focus of Alternative.

And thank you Snoop'

Last edited by Lost; 2007-03-25 at 07:37.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 14:54   Link #748
ginkosuki
i'd walk 10.000 miles...

Send a message via ICQ to ginkosuki
hi! i just wanna say "thank you" for all the great images and scans you guys posted here XD
ginkosuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 19:47   Link #749
SugarBosomCCAC

Wao: Thanks for the link to the Yoshihiko Umakoshi video. It was cool to see the guy's body of work. Plus, I love Crazy Sunshine.

SB-
Old 2007-03-26, 22:00   Link #750
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey guys,

Check out these Mushishi auctions that I found on Yahoo! Japan:

The first is for a ball point pen made to look like Ginko (Movie version) or Tanyuu's pipe:

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n49377791

The second is and "adult only" Tanyuu and Ginko Doujinshi:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r35300413

The third is for a Mushishi movie paper fan that's going for about $500:

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c137792692

This is for a Mushishi phone strap:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b75441553

This is for an illustration set:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h45504622

and these are copies of storyboard sketches:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/97540375

Thought they were interesting.

SB-
Old 2007-03-27, 00:12   Link #751
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
Hey guys,

The second is and "adult only" Tanyuu and Ginko Doujinshi:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r35300413

SB-
And on this page, you can find a tiny sample page of said doujin. Warning: Obviously not work safe.

http://www.doujinshop.com/doujin/tukiototop.htm

Scroll down to the right doujin and click the link in red font. Seems tastefully done though. I'd buy it even though I don't buy doujins, unless someone points me to a rackful of non-H Tanyuu-Ginko doujins that are of equal or higher art quality.

Am working on same sample stories from Mushishi Alternative at the moment.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2007-03-27 at 00:29.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 15:44   Link #752
Snoop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post

Tasteful doujinshi... It ruins the whole "platonic love" thing but I WANT IT !!
I'd almost order it if I lived in Japan.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 15:46   Link #753
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop' View Post
I'd order it if I lived in Japan.
Thats better --- i don't wanna see any 'almost' in this thread. :3
Old 2007-03-29, 18:13   Link #754
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey, does anyone intend on ordering the Mushishi art collection? I was thinking about it and wondered if I was the only one?
Old 2007-03-29, 18:40   Link #755
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How interesting to see Zettai Shounen and Mushishi mentioned in the same breath - I never really thought of it. On reflection, an appearance by Ginko would have fit right in during the first arc.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 07:59   Link #756
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How interesting to see Zettai Shounen and Mushishi mentioned in the same breath - I never really thought of it. On reflection, an appearance by Ginko would have fit right in during the first arc.
Given his clothing, he actually stands out more in Mushishi than he would have in Zettai Shounen.

Quote:
Tasteful doujinshi... It ruins the whole "platonic love" thing but I WANT IT !!
Ditto.

Anyway, I was just stumbling around the internet a few days ago when I came across this page with images of fractals. Some the images, particularly those of the fractal virus and bacterial colonies, reminded me of the imagery of mushi. I guess it's no surprise that they are similar in appearance since Ginko does mention that both are primitive forms of life.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<))))><..`.reviews.`.links.`..><((((>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 23:36   Link #757
SugarBosomCCAC

Hey there EVERYONE:

I'm getting ready to leave the day after tomorrow, but because I have work and packing, I probably won't get a chance to check the forum.

On Wednesday, me and my buddy are hopping on a Greyhound for 29 hours both ways until we eventually reach Seattle, Washington for Sakura Con.

I've printed out the questions for Nagahama everyone had so I won't forget them.
Also, Nagahama is a big fan of American comics, especially Venom, so I bought a one of 500, New York Comic Com exclusive bust of Venom to present as a gift to him. I hope he gets all teary-eyed.

I won't forget to tell him "HELLO" from you all.

I'll be sure to post when I get back.

Peace be the journey,
SB-
Old 2007-04-02, 23:52   Link #758
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
Hey there EVERYONE:

I'm getting ready to leave the day after tomorrow, but because I have work and packing, I probably won't get a chance to check the forum.

On Wednesday, me and my buddy are hopping on a Greyhound for 29 hours both ways until we eventually reach Seattle, Washington for Sakura Con.

I've printed out the questions for Nagahama everyone had so I won't forget them.
Also, Nagahama is a big fan of American comics, especially Venom, so I bought a one of 500, New York Comic Com exclusive bust of Venom to present as a gift to him. I hope he gets all teary-eyed.

I won't forget to tell him "HELLO" from you all.

I'll be sure to post when I get back.

Peace be the journey,
SB-
Ginko be with you. Bring us back happy happy news.
Old 2007-04-03, 08:33   Link #759
Lost

SugarBosomCCAC; all the best, and thank you very very much for sharing this experience with us; and better yet, allowing us to have some little part in it! Thank you.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 01:46   Link #760
SugarBosomCCAC

You guys aren't going to believe this.

So, there I was, having ridden those 29 friggin' hours on the bus to get to Seattle. I'm really pumped about the convention. I know that Nagahama is a fan of certain Marvel characters, namely Venom. So as a gift, I purchased a 1 of 600 exclusive New York comic con busts of Venom as a gift for him. I protected that thing on the bus the entire ride up there.

So, I decide to forgo the opening ceremonies of Sakura Con because Nagahama's Q&A Panel will start shortly after, so I decide to get in line early.

As I'm waiting, someone one of the staff informs me that because Nagahama had begun working on an opening animation for a new show, he had cancelled and would not be attending.

JUST MY F*CKING LUCK!

I dropped at least $500 on getting there, supplies, gift, and what not, but he wasnt' there!

So, I gave the bust to some lady who supposedly represents the people who were supposed to get him there, but I'm not even sure it will reach him.

C'est la vie

Regardless, I had an excellent time at Sakura Con. At one point, I was chatting it up with Yasuhiro Nightow of Trigun/Gungrave excellence and also shooting the sh*t with Hideyuki Kurata who created Read or Die and wrote for Kamichu and Hellsing Ultimate. Both were fine gents.

So, sorry I couldn't deliver with the questions everyone had, but I sent the bust of Venom with my name and e-mail address, so if he somehow gets it and does respond, I'll let you guys know. Chances are pretty slim, I think, though.

Peace,
SB-

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural