AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-07, 22:26   Link #801
strategos

Is the live action a continuation of the series?>

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 00:43   Link #802
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Is the live action a continuation of the series?>
No apparently, the movie's plot is based on episodes 3, 7 and 20 with some flashbacks from episode 12.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 01:37   Link #803
SugarBosomCCAC

Bomb's away!

Hey guys,

I haven't posted forever, but I thought I'd say hello.

First, for those of you who where around for my last post, it was a sad one in which the series director Nagahama cancelled his attendance at Sakura Con and I was S.O.L. I wasn't even sure the bust of Venom got for him reached him.

Well, I don't know if anyone knew, but Nagahama was at AX 2007 not as a guest of honor, but as an industry guest. He did a couple of signings and was there to promote the U.S. release of Mushishi.

To my suprise, I ran into the same woman who I had given the bust to at Sakura Con, and she let me know that he had indeed received it. She introduced me again to him as the person who had brought that for him, and he was so excited. He lit up and thanked me profusely.

We talked a bit and he signed my Ginko Real Action Hero figure and my Japanese Mushi no Ourai box set. I heard him say to his translator in Japanese that because I had spent so much money on Mushishi merchandise, he really had to take his time with detail in the sketches and signatures. As a fan, being recognized by the director of the series as someone who is devoted to their work made me feel so good because I could show him my support for him and his work.

But here's the kicker: In his previous year's AX 2006 panel, I'd asked if there were plans to continue the series. The answer I received was enthusiastic, but negative. When I asked this year is production would continue, Nagahama said that he was currently working on the animated feature film of Mushishi! It was the obviously the first time he'd mentioned it in the U.S., because the U.S. series director and the English voice actor both said "Really?" and then high-fived at the idea of another job coming up.

So the real reason I wanted to post again was because I didn't see anyone mention this, which means I was the only forum member in the panel at AX 2007.

I'll try to scan some images of the art he made for me in the next day or two.

I'm glad to see the thread is still going.

SB-
SugarBosomCCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:29   Link #804
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC
Nagahama said that he was currently working on the animated feature film of Mushishi!

Wow what great news to wake up to. I was really hoping for a continuation of the TV series but a movie would be really cool too. Now I am super excited. Even though I am sure it will be awhile until we see it.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:41   Link #805
Ottocycle

Wow, Nagahama sounds like a really great person to talk to. But I'd most likely be in awe rather than conversing properly if it were me...

Oh what am I dreaming about. Best piece of anime news ever! Thank you so much, SB.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:45   Link #806
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good news indeed, though i think i'll wait for something official to be announced, before i start jumping for joy.
Old 2007-10-05, 07:12   Link #807
Huw M

SugarBosomCCAC: Great news, and reading about your awesome genorisity and support of this show is really inspiring stuff. Guess it paid off too. Mushishi is the kind of thing the anime industry needs a lot more of...Oh, and an animated mushishi movie? Hells Yeah. I can see it having the same sort of appeal as Ghibli or Tokikake over here...

I haven't seen this posted here yet, so:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1210776_1407.html

Mushishi DS!

Looks to be an adventure game, capturing and cataloguing mushi maybe? You can play as either a boy or girl, not Ginko though. Yoshihiko Umakoshi is doing the character designs, so it seems they haven't totally outsourced it - perhaps some of the other staff are involved. I'm kind of in awe that this actually exists and isn't a straight up visual novel or something...(gives me a lot of hope that the Denno Coil game will be good, too)

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/cat...releaseId=9030 Here is the Australian volume 1 + box, for those interested. It doesn't show much, but I can only hope we at least get as nice a box as the R1 folk, seeing as we get screwed on the video quality :|

Regardless, I will be picking it up to show my support for this brilliant show.
Huw M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 08:15   Link #808
Ashez

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.... A movie! Looking forward to that as hell.....
Best news to wake up to indeed.
Ashez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:40   Link #809
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
But here's the kicker: In his previous year's AX 2006 panel, I'd asked if there were plans to continue the series. The answer I received was enthusiastic, but negative. When I asked this year is production would continue, Nagahama said that he was currently working on the animated feature film of Mushishi! It was the obviously the first time he'd mentioned it in the U.S., because the U.S. series director and the English voice actor both said "Really?" and then high-fived at the idea of another job coming up.
Ahh. I wonder which chapters they'll be doing this time? Hopefully they'd choose or make something on the same level as episode 12 (Sugame no Uo / One-Eyed Fish) or 20 (Fude no Umi / The Sea of Brushes) since those seem to be the real crowd pleasers.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<))))><..`.reviews.`.links.`..><((((>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:58   Link #810
FireChick

I saw the first episode on Veoh and I kinda like it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 11:43   Link #811
Freeter
i see baka people

Mushishi DS and a movie? Sweet. I just got into this series recently and it's pretty good. The art is exceptional, and the end of each episode feels like a movie.

I doubt the DS game will have any sort of Game Overs, since Ginko can just bail you out of any Mushi-related jam...

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 13:52   Link #812
ginko51

Mushishi 2, is it likely?

How likely is it for Mushishi to get a second season?I'm not as hardcore about anime as most people here so I don't really know if it's normal for second seasons to be released with one year gaps or more.Is it safe to assume that if we haven't heard about it so far we aren't getting a second one?

How popular was Mushishi as anime/manga series in Japan?
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 14:21   Link #813
Freeter
i see baka people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi

Won several awards, and it's getting a game for the DS...a second season isn't out of the question. It's just a matter of 'when'.

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 13:19   Link #814
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It's just a matter of 'when'.
A while away yet, not enough manga material at the moment for a second season.
Old 2007-10-29, 08:24   Link #815
ginko51

Hey guys I need your opinion.Just bought the first manga and loved it.I'm thinking about buying the DVDs and the rest of the manga published by Del Rey.

But as far as DVD editions are concerned I'm a bit clueless.Is there any special or limited edition fo some sort?

I don't speak japanese so I'm dependent on english susbtitles.Is this my best bet than? :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mushi-Shi-St...3664169&sr=8-1

The most packed edition (with vol 1 which is what I want to get for now)??Or is there an edition with better extras?Maybe even the whole anime in one pack?
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 10:37   Link #816
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yes, what you have linked is the first volume with box to house all volumes --- you'll be perfectly fine with that.
Old 2007-11-01, 02:34   Link #817
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBosomCCAC View Post
Nagahama said that he was currently working on the animated feature film of Mushishi!
I absolutely can't believe I missed out on this post until today

AWESOMESAUCE.

Mushishi. With movie production values.

I can't wait. I'll definitely try to get the DVD of this even if I don't get to watch it beforehand...
Old 2007-11-02, 00:06   Link #818
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh, but considering that it's going to be of movie or OVA length, will it be an original story?

Or will it be based on a few chapters from the manga?

Well, I guess info is scarce at the moment... but I can't help being curious.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 02:44   Link #819
blewin

an animated movie of Mushishi would be awesome! (rather than the live-action one).
I can see how it can spawn a 1 hr movie, with Mushishi's plot, they can definitely do it.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 17:59   Link #820
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I guess this OVA/Movie is something that'll please us fans until more news about second season --- though like it's been said, we can't have that until enough manga material has been produced.

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural