AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2006-08-25, 05:22   Link #841
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Speaking of enough power...
Nanoha so needs to start carting around Arc en Ciel.

Yuuno "What? Starlight Breaker bounced right off him!"
Mr. T "I win!"
Nanoha "Not yet! Arc en Ciel... FULL AUTO MODE!"
*universe is gone. Nanoha and co are standing on a tiny asteroid*
Goku (dbz) "Ok. That's just WAY too powerful."

--

EDIT: http://www.nanoha.com/goods/goods_map08.html

I really can't afford to keep buying all these figures. I mean, I have the cash but it's a pain to keep cancelling some and ordering others.

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2006-08-25 at 05:50.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 10:50   Link #842
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That just gave me a Martin Martian flashback with Duck Dodgers.....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 13:32   Link #843
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I'm right at home with this show, it feels like something that would come out of the 90's which is the most comfortable era for me. One question though, I'm getting the CCS vibe from this and am just wondering if this is going to turn gay faster than a metrosexual at a football game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 14:16   Link #844
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

What was wrong with CCS (the best anime ever made )? Nah, there's no romance in there whatsoever, which isn't that fun but whatever, you can at least imagine
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 14:40   Link #845
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
What was wrong with CCS (the best anime ever made )? Nah, there's no romance in there whatsoever, which isn't that fun but whatever, you can at least imagine
Absolutely nothing. I'm sold completely on this show, it feels so 90's and I'm actually finding myself laughing and enjoying the characters antics and personalities rather than being annoyed by them. I don't even need to struggle through this too enjoy it, and the eyecatch, pure gold. Christ I enjoyed the music especially the ending, are you all sure this was made in 2004 and not 1994 or something. It's like the creators said screw all the trends of anime from the past 4 years, lets make a show like they used too back in the day, only with modern animation and to that I say, OH THANK YOU!

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-08-25 at 15:20.
Old 2006-08-25, 15:36   Link #846
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Well, I wasn't too keen on CCS and yet Nanoha remains my favourite. So I guess you can like it regardless.

As for the 90's feel, I believe it's because Nanoha is very to-the-point, which was also quite common back then (Ah, the dark ages of good anime. So many 1-shot game-based OAV's lost to time) and that IMO is refreshing. The characters get out there, do their thing, advance the plot a step, then end of episode.

For any Touhou fans out there, here's a parody shot (not a real game. LOL@ the specs) courtesy of |7hs| from #shrinemaiden.

Tho technically anyone could make this in Denmakufu (or whatever it's called) which is a free touhou-inspired game creator.
Old 2006-08-25, 15:40   Link #847
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
It's remind me ikaruga
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 15:47   Link #848
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I feel the same way about that picture. It would be pretty cool though to play that.

Nanoha was my savior when I was drowned in disappointment over GUNDAM SEED. Now Kaoshin can also see salvation. It is good.
(As an aside, I was thinking of that Arc-en-ciel and I suddenly remembered about my weird thought of "Kanone", which I posted 2 pages back. Hehe)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 15:49   Link #849
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
It's remind me ikaruga
You haven't played Touhou? Play it. Seriously. Also, I'd buy that parody, though I'm not quite sure Fate should be collecting pages >_> Like how they switched bombs with cartridges though.

Cool though, we got ourselves another unexpected fan. One other great thing about Nanoha is that the sequel doesn't suck compared to the first series like they suddenly realised 'oh we can milk this, let's just throw a sequel together and it'll sell'. That and the ending is actually well paced instead of stuck in the last 5 minutes of the series.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 15:54   Link #850
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I had become so disillusioned with anime starting from the 2005 season up until mid 2006, bar one title, Eureka 7 which is excellent, and I was very bitter with regard to some things (I lost my Dog, my Grandmother and I thought I was going to lose my Grandfather all within the span of 9 months, and all the way through I had a prick of a boss to deal with) so that didn't help, I'm just now over this summer starting to overcome that bitterness and loss and life is actually enjoyable again for me. The guy you see now is the real me from a couple years ago back when I was living it up in high school, the one you met in April was when I was still angry and bitter at just about everything.

I don't know if its also because everything from that period just didn't stand out and I'm wondering if its because the openings and BGM all sounded indentical (That and I experienced my first Mecha opening that sucked balls, Pride from Gundam Seed Destiny, which was a rude awakening) and a lot the characters were either cookie cutter or acted in ridiculous ways. I think we're past that now though, as long as were not talking about Harem shows. Mecha is slowly gettung good again, Action is getting manly and not wussified again, and even comedy is actually funny again, and I'm actually not skipping through the openings anymore as a gag reflex.

Oh and about the ferret, you gotta have a mascot. Killer.
Old 2006-08-25, 16:00   Link #851
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
You haven't played Touhou? Play it. Seriously. Also, I'd buy that parody, though I'm not quite sure Fate should be collecting pages >_> Like how they switched bombs with cartridges though.

Cool though, we got ourselves another unexpected fan. One other great thing about Nanoha is that the sequel doesn't suck compared to the first series like they suddenly realised 'oh we can milk this, let's just throw a sequel together and it'll sell'. That and the ending is actually well paced instead of stuck in the last 5 minutes of the series.
Well I Haven't played Touhou yet :/
Maybe next time
i'm busy with Persona 3
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 16:38   Link #852
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

If you play a Touhou Shmup I suggest Imperishable Night. It's my favourite of the bunch. Tho Perfect Cherry Blossom has a full english patch.

The only problem I'd see with a workable Nanoha shmup is that the bullet patterns would need to be very versatile, and it'd need a combination of shooting and melee like that H flash game had. This is extremely difficult to pull off when the denmaku are complex.
Old 2006-08-25, 16:51   Link #853
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Does that parody shot say Schlong Form or is it just my eyes playing tricks. Also what kind of shooter is this Touhou, I can't find a list of it on Gamefaqs so I'm assuming its a Doujin game.
Old 2006-08-25, 16:56   Link #854
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb5Ohbt1Sg
is an example of the types of things your up against. Non-boss stuff is done in fast forward. Yeah, it's a doujin series. A pretty popular one tho. Mainly because the fans are essentially re-writing the series to their own liking and the creator just sits back and lets them. It makes for tons of enjoyable content.

A Nanoha shmup would likely be more lax on the shots than this, giving you a chance to get in close at times. Likewise, you'd also likely move faster. Either way, it wouldn't be a pretty sight IMO.
Old 2006-08-25, 17:49   Link #855
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well I'm going to try it and probably get creamed by overpowered loli's, but hey, what else is new.
Old 2006-08-25, 18:18   Link #856
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Does that parody shot say Schlong Form or is it just my eyes playing tricks. Also what kind of shooter is this Touhou, I can't find a list of it on Gamefaqs so I'm assuming its a Doujin game.
It says Schlange (snake) Form.
Old 2006-08-25, 18:23   Link #857
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
lol that's what it looks like to me too. It's supposed to be "Schlangenform" or "Snake Form" but whoever's done that parody couldn't spell it right. I'm not even sure is Schlangenform is right either though, the writers' German is no better than their English.

Also, I'd agree Imperishable Night is the best too Played around with all the demos but actually bought that one. Can't even get to the first boss on extra though, let alone finish it Not that this is related in any way to Nanoha. I'd make a Touhou topic over in Games (surprised we haven't got one) but dunno if anyone would post.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 21:28   Link #858
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Well I'm going to try it and probably get creamed by overpowered loli's, but hey, what else is new.
Well, thanks to the fanbase they're not all loli Meiling, Yuyuko, Yukari, Eirin, Ran... the fans have given quite a few of them some nice cheastage. Regardless, best of luck. Admittedly, that video is of a special boss who's particularily hard. Exceptionally cool tho. Hakama + suspenders = win! Mokou would totally need Vita's voice actress (a bit deeper maybe) if it had voice.

Regarding the form of the schlong, yeah, at first I thought it said that too. Good god let's be thankful it's not. My opinion of Signum would change forever.

*Signum in a chinese dress sitting on the edge of a billiards table* "Hey, Laevetin. How about you do that thing you do."
Old 2006-08-26, 00:52   Link #859
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
*Signum in a chinese dress sitting on the edge of a billiards table* "Hey, Laevetin. How about you do that thing you do."
And then...would Levantine respond with, "EXPLOSION!"?
Old 2006-08-26, 01:25   Link #860
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Levanstein reminds me of a game host somehow...)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote