AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Old 2006-10-25, 05:35   Link #1001
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm gonna go with Rad on this one. I mean, she practiced and she got better. Fate practiced and she got better. So I see no reason why A's, at age 9-10 would be an apex for her. If aynthing, 12-17 would be when they'd increase their power more because their bodies would be more likely to adapt to change.

Wow. That fits into the StrikerS ages Go White Devil and Lighting Raven! Grow into mighty magical battleships
Old 2006-10-25, 06:54   Link #1002
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

...Lightning Raven ? thats the first time iv heard that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
There, no more cartridges.
Its not like they cant create their own cartridges. Seems to me they are simply onjects with lots of magical energy stored in them - i bet Fate and Nanoha can pump some in to them as well
Old 2006-10-25, 07:20   Link #1003
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I've heard Lightning Raven be used with fate a few times. NEver in anything canon that I can think of but that's not a problem. If Nanoha can be the white devil then what's wrong with a lightning raven?

I think it'd be funny if they had some bit character who just made cartridges all day as his job because he kept flunking all the research and beuracracy jobs.
Old 2006-10-25, 07:24   Link #1004
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
@dragnfly: it's lightning baroness to keep the Gundam "theme"
Old 2006-10-25, 07:32   Link #1005
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lightning raven goes quite well with fate imo...it makes her sound badass
hmm i wonder wht they would think of for the 3rd season? there must be an upgrade from the cartridges...i hope

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:35   Link #1006
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I think it'd be funny if they had some bit character who just made cartridges all day as his job because he kept flunking all the research and beuracracy jobs.
Just give the job to Yuuno, he's gotta be useful for something He can sit and read books while he makes cartridges, job's a good'un
Old 2006-10-27, 05:48   Link #1007
Bloodseeker

Hey, the connection's back up! Good! I was about to give up and start watching My-HiME volume 4 instead.

I've finally got some more freetime at a time when my mom's asleep and isn't likely to come barging in and interrupting my viewing section (I've been working every night this week up until now), so I'm gonna finish A's now, w/ my continued commentary of course. (I find that talking about a show while I'm watching it helps me remember it better)

Episode 11

"Nothing is eternal." I guess that Nanoha doesn't believe in religion.

Alicia? Long time no see.

Kill her this time, Fate. Don't allow any more of that "falling to your death unassisted" crap.

Rolls, star-shaped eggs, and some kind of yellow mystery liquid that doesn't look like any kind of soup that I know. Interesting breakfast.

"Its always Fate!" So you wanted to be the favorite sister, Fate? How uncharistically selfish of you.

Cartidges AND magazines?

"I have a method. Call me Excellion Mode." Raging Heart needs to spend the time between A's and StrikerS in America learning good English.

Excellion Mode? Eh, it looks okay... its kind of hard to look cool with that color scheme.

That looks like an uncomfortable way to sleep...

A dream that not only knows but acknowledges that its a dream?

So this "dream world" is an instrumentality rip off?

"-and you know what happens to people that don't obey their mistress... right?"

Zamber Form? Was this the form that I heard people complaining about? I like it.

Episode 12

Is it just me, or does Hayate saying "set up" remind anyone else a little too much of the Sailor Senshi saying "make-up"?

Hayate was a brunette, now she's blonde.

She's calling the knights her children? That's... kinda lame.

Arf with the simple hot-blooded plan. Too bad she's not the protagonist, or else it might actually work. Wait, never mind, Nanoha just repeated it in a quiet, contemplating matter. Its a fail-safe plan now!

The Durandal looks meh.

The Book of Darkness's defense program looks like a generic JRPG super boss monster.

Am I the only one that keeps imaging Biff screaming "HAMMER!" everytime Vita uses Graf Eisen's giant form?

Bow form? At least its better than snake form...

First a weapon called Durandal, now an attack Ragnorak? All we need now is something called Excalibur...

Damn, that the core looks just about as dumb as the Ancients in Eternal Darkness.

Overkill?

xD @ Arisa freaking out!

Episode 13

"The damage to her linker core was too severe. She'll never be able to walk again."

She's telling her mistress to obey her?

Is it wrong that I laughed at Hayate trying to rush towards Reinforce and getting thrown out of her chair in the process?

"As punishment for disobeying your mistress, I banish your soul to this small powerless fragment!"

The admiral will continue to support Hayate like he did before? Does that mean that he's going to find a new way to send her into isolation so that another dangerous magical artifact can leech off of linker core?

Why is Arf walking with a leash?

See, this is how you end a story. You don't just wrap up the problem and say "Well, I hope you enjoyed the story. Bye!" like so many anime do. You show the aftermath... give the viewer an idea of what each of the main characters are going to be up to in the years to come.

Older Hayate's cute.

The years treated Lindy well. She has a milf aura about her now.

Older Fate looks hot, but I knew that already.

I thought that Chrono might turn masculine when he got older, but I guess not. Grow some facial hair or something, man! Looks like he and Amy hooked up.

Yuuno looks even more like a chick than before! What's up with the hair style?

Older Nanoha, Suzuka, and Arisa are all <3 (though Arisa should grow her hair longer), but once again, that's old news.

Overall

You guy's weren't lying when you said that A's blows the first season out of the water. The entire cast became more likable in this season (I'll get more into that in the character thread), and the fights were even better. Also, they fixed my only big gripe about the first season, that being that the problem almost felt disposable... it could have been completely avoided if Nanoha and Fate had just talked and Fate had taken a step back and looked at her situation. In this season, the knights couldn't afford to stop gathering linker cores, because if they did, they wouldn't be able to activate the book in time to save Hayate. Its not a deep mind blowing issue or anything, but at least it was an unavoidable problem this time around.

Great show, second favorite that I've seen this year next to Higurashi. 8.5/10

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-10-27 at 07:48.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 06:07   Link #1008
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

RH is strange. The color... magenta does not mean love and peace in the normal sense of magical girls, but rather love and peace through superior firepower.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 06:25   Link #1009
haiz123321
Obey me world!

so can anyone tell me if theres any nanoha games for the ps2? or PC? and if it is,
is it released in singapore? XD
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 13:18   Link #1010
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
Zamber Form? Was this the form that I heard people complaining about? I like it.

Bow form? At least its better than snake form...
Scythe is more iconic and at least one Signum fan () is of the opinion that the Bardiche Zamber totally blocked Signum from getting some ridiculous sword for her final weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
First a weapon called Durandal, now an attack Ragnorak? All we need now is something called Excalibur...
Laevateinn is a lot more badass than Excalibur. I was just glad they're not cruising around on the Naglfar. I've no idea how to pronounce it...
Old 2006-10-27, 13:36   Link #1011
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
"Nothing is eternal." I guess that Nanoha doesn't believe in religion.
Any reason she should ? especially considering that she can blow a whole city to kingdom come.

Quote:
"I have a method. Call me Excellion Mode." Raging Heart needs to spend the time between A's and StrikerS in America learning good English.
Its not like any of the devices are blessed with a vast vocabulary. Personally i like the way they talk.

Quote:
Most people complain about the fact that its a complete change in fighting style that is not needed in any way. I dont think its efficient to suddenly switch to sword if you have praticed with a scythe for your entire life. That, and a huge zweihander is not comfortable to use in a fast paced speed melee battle which is Fate's fighting style.

Quote:
Is it wrong that I laughed at Hayate trying to rush towards Reinforce and getting thrown out of her chair in the process?
If there was something funny in that scene i managed to miss it. For one mysterious reason or another i generally dont find it funny if someone with disabled legs falls out of a wheelchair.
Old 2006-10-27, 13:43   Link #1012
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Most people complain about the fact that its a complete change in fighting style that is not needed in any way. I dont think its efficient to suddenly switch to sword if you have praticed with a scythe for your entire life. That, and a huge zweihander is not comfortable to use in a fast paced speed melee battle which is Fate's fighting style.
tbh i liked the sword form that fate has...sure it doesnt look as cool as her scyth but tbh it didnt affect her fighting style that much...and if im brutally honest i dont think that fate can use her scyth all that well anyway...most of the time she either misses or the staff part gets hit and breaks...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 14:51   Link #1013
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
I wouldn't compare it too much to real life weapons. After all, the weighting of the magical weapon would not change much between different forms.

Also, what would you suggest that would be like a scythe, but better than what she currently has? After all, a "bigger scythe" would also have handling problems.

My personal opinion is that a variety of weapons is a good idea - some things are better suited to some tasks than others. Learning some flexibility while you're still young is also a good idea. She's only 9 - it's not like the world's going to end if she does something a bit different. Tradition for the sake of tradition is not good.

In other words, I think it is a sensible and practical option for Fate to have.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 15:35   Link #1014
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The point is there is no advantage what so ever to switch from a scythe to a huge two handed sword in a fast paced melee battles(which is all Fate gets in the series, minus the last boss fight). It is easy to dodge and leaves you wide open once dodged. Only thing its good for is taking hits on stationary targets (Defense Program). There is little use to a sword thats 2x times your size.

How to improve the scythe ? I dont know, havent thought about it much, but definitely not by changing it in to something less flexible and less suited to Fate's fighting style. Its good for delivering big hits on immobile targets, and thats about it, so really her 'ultimate' weapon form has very limited use and contradicts her typical fighting style. Same goes for Signum. Nanoha got a good improvement - her speciality is ranged attacks and RH final form shows this and does not go against the original fighting style used by the character.
Old 2006-10-27, 15:43   Link #1015
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
...Its good for delivering big hits on immobile targets...
I don't know, Lightning Bind perhaps?
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 17:05   Link #1016
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The binds are pretty inconsistent. In the first season Nanoha, Fate, and all manner of giant jewel-seed creatures can't begin to break them, but generic robots can. In the second season, Signum can break Arf's and Nanoha and Fate can break Aria's given time, but Aria can't break Chrono's.

Aria not being able to escape Chrono's bind kinda bugged me. I realize they had to wrap things with them that episode and Chrono wouldn't have won a straight fight, but as near as I can tell Aria's the most skilled magic user to actually fight in the series so far. I'd think she'd be able to get out, unless familiars are especially susceptible to binding for some reason.
Old 2006-10-27, 17:14   Link #1017
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
The binds are pretty inconsistent. In the first season Nanoha, Fate, and all manner of giant jewel-seed creatures can't begin to break them, but generic robots can. In the second season, Signum can break Arf's and Nanoha and Fate can break Aria's given time, but Aria can't break Chrono's.

Aria not being able to escape Chrono's bind kinda bugged me. I realize they had to wrap things with them that episode and Chrono wouldn't have won a straight fight, but as near as I can tell Aria's the most skilled magic user to actually fight in the series so far. I'd think she'd be able to get out, unless familiars are especially susceptible to binding for some reason.

Well Chrono were train by Aria and presumbly know thier weaknesss better then anyone. Add that Chrono's attack was a sneak attack that normal circumstance probably wouldn't have work. Also who is to say Aria couldn't have escape that bind if given enough time. But Chrono had already her out so there is no point to it.
Old 2006-10-27, 19:34   Link #1018
haiz123321
Obey me world!

and the name of the bind was "struggle bind" so maybe it prevents strugglign out frm the bind too? >_< since the bind was erm... something like 3 binds?

one from top left to bottom right
another from mid left to right
another one from top right to bottom left

well chrono also mentioned that in normal cases that bind wont be of much use but in cases like these it can really do something i think thats what he said =X
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 19:39   Link #1019
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Well, it's good to have a finisher in case you do end up hitting with the bind. Note that Nanoha ate a Phalanx Shift Photon Lancer and, although Nanoha is exceptional, she was able to "play through it." If Fate had access to some Zamber-fu in that instance, things might have turned out differently in the first season...
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 19:59   Link #1020
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Its not like any of the devices are blessed with a vast vocabulary. Personally i like the way they talk.
That's a poor excuse to not study English or at least bring somebody in that speaks it fluently before having characters that speak it and nothing but it. RH would be borderline incomprehensible at times without the subtitles.

Quote:
As if other character's weapons don't go through complete changes... Signum goes from swinging a sword to swinging what's essentially a whip with a whole bunch of blades attached to using a bow. Compared to that, a jump from a scythe to a sword isn't that big of a change.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote