AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 21:07   Link #41
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwing

manga cover:
For those unaware, there are two variations of this cover. One has her smiling less than the other. Yes, I'm serious. Anyway, Iori should NEVER rank below Itsuki
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 23:03   Link #42
yuwing
mr. panty thief

I just saw the anime... now time to butcher this!

I dont' know, but this anime missed a critical thing that makes the manga so good!

what is that important thing?

That's seto's thoughts! The thoughts of mr. running backwards when he's at the library with iori chan. The thoughts and changing of clothes before the date (changing into a suit and talking to himself). The perverted thoughts he has whenever he sees iori! his nervousness! his loveeee!

Another thing that's really missing is that what makes iori chan so special!? She's HOT! it's really badly illustrated. the so few magazine snap shots that were presented in the anime is not enough to really catch my eyes! During the anime, i was wondering what makes this girl so attractive to seto? (even tho i read the manga 4x)

The voices were badly ochestrated i think... teratani is such a boring guy in the anime. In my mind, he'd be screaming half the time at ichitaka and expresses his deep love for erotica !

seto is kinda boring... and his yelling isn't very natural.

I think iori-chan's voice should be gentler.

itsuki's voice is kinda cute but the last line in the anime was really rushed i thought.

All in all,

I think the anime is taking a more "serious" aspect of the story rather than comedic. as well, it's rather slow paced....

it's missing a whole lot of comedic value of the story so it's rather not as enjoyable as reading the manga.

so if you like this anime? U'd LOVE this manga lol.

p.s., i still LOVE itsuki-chan!!!! WEE!
yuwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 00:37   Link #43
SlugZilla
woofles

The Iori in the manga is much hotter except the anime art wasn't that bad either, it's just that Masakazu's art skill is too insane to be emulated.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 05:56   Link #44
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I think it'll be a recap of the manga. I can't think of anything original they could include... (Ichitaka and Iori's children? O_o LOL cute. )
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 09:19   Link #45
yuwing
mr. panty thief

I wanna see the "I thought it was one-sided" scene again
yuwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 10:50   Link #46
SlugZilla
woofles

Will there be Izumi-chan in this? I hope to see her...
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:45   Link #47
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

I think Iori is fantastically pretty.

Then again, I'm biased.
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:47   Link #48
BreakFight

Waaah X___X

What good timing =P

I started reading the manga 3 days ago and wasn't aware that a fansub was coming out!

I just finished reading the manga today, and I found this OVA 1 hour later

The voices seem a bit more different from what I imagined them to be - gives it a different feel...

Does anyone know the song and artist for the OP and the Outro?
BreakFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 07:08   Link #49
midicronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakFight

Does anyone know the song and artist for the OP and the Outro?
Yep , was wondering that too myself x___x.
I just started watching it and I thought it was great , I love the animation and ^^; Itsuki chan . Story seems promising , dialogue feels somewhat realistic , can't wait for ep 2!
midicronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 15:58   Link #50
inertial drift

what was this anime called before OVA?

still I Pure or something else?
inertial drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 22:37   Link #51
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwing
I just saw the anime... now time to butcher this!

I dont' know, but this anime missed a critical thing that makes the manga so good!

what is that important thing?

That's seto's thoughts! The thoughts of mr. running backwards when he's at the library with iori chan. The thoughts and changing of clothes before the date (changing into a suit and talking to himself). The perverted thoughts he has whenever he sees iori! his nervousness! his loveeee!

Another thing that's really missing is that what makes iori chan so special!? She's HOT! it's really badly illustrated. the so few magazine snap shots that were presented in the anime is not enough to really catch my eyes! During the anime, i was wondering what makes this girl so attractive to seto? (even tho i read the manga 4x)

The voices were badly ochestrated i think... teratani is such a boring guy in the anime. In my mind, he'd be screaming half the time at ichitaka and expresses his deep love for erotica !

seto is kinda boring... and his yelling isn't very natural.

I think iori-chan's voice should be gentler.

itsuki's voice is kinda cute but the last line in the anime was really rushed i thought.
All in all,
I think the anime is taking a more "serious" aspect of the story rather than comedic. as well, it's rather slow paced....

it's missing a whole lot of comedic value of the story so it's rather not as enjoyable as reading the manga.
so if you like this anime? U'd LOVE this manga lol.
p.s., i still LOVE itsuki-chan!!!! WEE!
Yeah was a bit annoyed that they decided to cut out Seto's thoughts but I guess I'm alright with it if they want to make it more serious too bad though I''s manga was really funny in many spots.

Izumi may not show up in the OVA since the beggining of the first episode is in vol 10 of the manga there going to cut out a lot of stuff so that I'll fit in six episodes. Looks like it's going to be mainly Itsuki and Iori in the six episodes. Too bad I wanted to see the hot kissing seen with Izumi.

I also wanted to see what's her name that shows up in the final volumes that looks just like Iori but has a mole near her eye I consider her to be cuter than Iori. She's the cuter and shyer version of Iori while Izumi and the sexier and horny version of Iori lol.

BTW Someone ask if the manga was popular and I ask a Japanesse classmate in my accounting class a few months ago if his heard of I''s manga and he said yeah that it was quite popular. Anyways hope the OVA sells well too maybe they'll consider animating more episodes depending on how well it sells.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 07:35   Link #52
Tiberium Wolf

What is the hell are they going to show us in 6 OVAs? The manga is 15 Vols...

I wish they made a TV series and not cutting out the echiiness plus Seto thoughs as meantioned in posts behind.
Old 2006-01-07, 19:30   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay.. unfamiliar with manga.. gave this a whirl....
I thought it was very well written and consistent .... fair animation, good art ... I find it hard to believe some of that can be gotten away with --- doesn't say much for school staff and I wonder about the ramifications of breaking up some of those upperclass operations. I'd be watching my back a lot...
Only problem: towards the end and *ESPECIALLY* with that surprise end ---- I was having Ichigo 100% convulsions ... and not the good kind. Please tell me that this isn't mapping the trainwreck of that series and I'll keep watching. I don't need to see any more of those kinds of disasters. What I've seen was nice enough with just the two of them rubberbanding toward and away from each other.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 19:44   Link #54
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Only problem: towards the end and *ESPECIALLY* with that surprise end ---- I was having Ichigo 100% convulsions ... and not the good kind. Please tell me that this isn't mapping the trainwreck of that series and I'll keep watching. I don't need to see any more of those kinds of disasters. What I've seen was nice enough with just the two of them rubberbanding toward and away from each other.
Ichigo 100% is a sh*t manga/anime

This is not, If I have to say; I''s is one of my favourite shounen/romance manga. not to be compared with a crappy manga called Ichigo Sh*t.

Don't worry this is not crappy as Ichigo Sh*t is.

I''s is a great shounen/drama/romance manga.
Old 2006-01-07, 19:48   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kay... seen enough of your posts to take that as a fair recommendation.
I'm ordering what I can..... but the numbering of the volumes versus the release date is throwing me off.... why is "#4" not coming out til May 2006 yet I'm looking at "#5" was released 3JAN2006? (english versions). ... edit: even wackier ... the bookseller says they can ship #4 by mid February ... must be doofus database entries.... we'll see what happens...

No dispute about Ichigo.... they took a few lovely character designs and then proceeded to waste them in the biggest Clus** ..... anyway, both the manga and the anime pissed me off to no end. ... at least it pointed me at some catchy mindless europop (Team Hinoi)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-07 at 20:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 11:03   Link #56
NeoSam

The covers of the 15 volumes of I''s can be seen here: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Islan...nga/Manga.html
Old 2006-01-08, 16:17   Link #57
defton7

Does anyone know where i can find the name of the songs???
The 22 songs from the OST, please!
Byez!
defton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 16:32   Link #58
Burton

Hi! here are the 22 titles of the OST. It's kinda funny how most of them are french!

01 - I''s ~i will follow~
02 - EYES
03 - POMME DOUCE
04 - NUAGES
05 - UNE ILLUSION
06 - VIVRE
07 - UN JOUR D'HIVER
08 - DIMANCHE
09 - LA MONTRE
10 - FRAISE DOUCE
11 - DEMAIN
12 - LE TEMPS DES SOUVENIRS
13 - POURSUITE
14 - LE BONHEUR
15 - LE LOCOMOTION
16 - MANDARINE DOUCE
17 - ET MAINTENANT
18 - ~eyes for you~
19 - I''s ~i will follow~
20 - ~eyes for you~
21 - I''s ~i will follow~ (Karaoke)
22 - ~eyes for you~ (Karaoke)
Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 03:41   Link #59
Marine-RX179

Anyone here who read I"s manga also read the Video Girl Ai's manga?
I've only recently started reading that manga...although it is a 'classic' from the 80s. The feelings and thoughts of the characters are confusing at times, but it still give off a bit of the similar vibes as I"s...well, it's from the same author afterall.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 16:05   Link #60
Burton

I really do love those two mangas! It's really "pure", and it's really refreshing... U should try the anime, the songs fit amazingly the serie, and the mood of the manga is well respected.

I started to read Nana last week, if you dunno it, go read it right now, u will luv it as well!
Burton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance