AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-10, 15:35   Link #61
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Anyone here who read I"s manga also read the Video Girl Ai's manga?
I've only recently started reading that manga...although it is a 'classic' from the 80s. The feelings and thoughts of the characters are confusing at times, but it still give off a bit of the similar vibes as I"s...well, it's from the same author afterall.
You're in for a good read.

Its a shame that most of Masakazu Katsura's works end up as short OVA's instead of getting a full tv series. Has some of the best romance plotlines i've ever seen.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 16:03   Link #62
dannyz

I''s was a GREAT manga. almost as great as the Ichigo 100% manga. it was wierd though, seeing that it was told in flashback mode and they omitted the part when he was basically told to F off by that girl he liked when he was little. if they showed that, then people wouldnt have known why seto-kun was so cold to iori-chan at their first meeting. they couldve introduced itsuki as a childhood friend at that point too. maybe im just nitpicking but i really wanted to see this turned into a full 26+ episode series. maybe if the ova's catch on...
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 16:19   Link #63
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates
Its a shame that most of Masakazu Katsura's works end up as short OVA's instead of getting a full tv series. Has some of the best romance plotlines i've ever seen.
Well, the one of his work which got a full TV series was 'Wingman'. Even though it was action focused not romance, I remember I loved that anime when I was a little kid, and then by chance read all its manga like over 10 years later, and I was like 'holy cow I didn't know Wingman was by Masakazu Katsura...'. I simply love the design for the appearance of Wingman...it's like Guyver with more sci-fi technology instead of bio-technology...

At the moment I'm following the manga of Zetman which is also by him, it is similar to Guyver and it's really bloody and violent and the story is so very dark...it so hard to bare to see cute girls getting killed

Last edited by Marine-RX179; 2006-01-10 at 16:34.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:14   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Kay... seen enough of your posts to take that as a fair recommendation.
I'm ordering what I can..... but the numbering of the volumes versus the release date is throwing me off.... why is "#4" not coming out til May 2006 yet I'm looking at "#5" was released 3JAN2006? (english versions). ... edit: even wackier ... the bookseller says they can ship #4 by mid February ... must be doofus database entries.... we'll see what happens...

No dispute about Ichigo.... they took a few lovely character designs and then proceeded to waste them in the biggest Clus** ..... anyway, both the manga and the anime pissed me off to no end. ... at least it pointed me at some catchy mindless europop (Team Hinoi)
Well I''s is what I consider one of the best manga for it's genre shonen/romance/drama it's not medicore crap like Ichigo 100% because I''s is better written and plus the main character is likeable unlike that annoying ass Manaka.

Quote:
At the moment I'm following the manga of Zetman which is also by him, it is similar to Guyver and it's really bloody and violent and the story is so very dark...it so hard to bare to see cute girls getting killed
Heh yeah seeing pretty girls being killed is tuff I'm like "No!!! Why are you (Katmatsu the manga-ka) killing so many good looking girls" lol

Anyways it's a good manga people should check it out!!! Yes it has a horrible title name "Zetman" but trust me it's good. It took a while for that manga to gain popularity in Japan right now a few weeks ago the release of Volume 6 was in the top ten most bought manga which it was the first time that happen for that manga, heck it even outsold School Rumble vol 11.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:25   Link #65
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Well I''s is what I consider one of the best manga for it's genre shonen/romance/drama it's not medicore crap like Ichigo 100% because I''s is better written and plus the main character is likeable unlike that annoying ass Manaka.
Agreed. I"s, while utilizing many "cliche" ideas of similar shounen/romance manga, is really very well done. Plus, the incredibly beautiful artwork doesn't hurt one bit It's also quite realistic; and the author has meant it to be that way.. the mangaka was accustomed to drawing supernatural manga and drawing I"s thoroughly exhausted him ;;

I found the manga, overall, to be quite moving. That was about 4-5 years ago when I was still in my teens Still highly recommended!
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 02:17   Link #66
misakichii

hmm...I"s Pure is good. i've waited so long for ep. 2 to come out. it's supposed to be 1 ep. per month but it's january already and ep. 2 still isn't out. i really can't wait for it to come out.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 02:21   Link #67
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I"S Pure

I'm not sure if this thread was lost in the last server crash but I'm pretty sure there was one... I cant seem to find it though, so I thought i'd make another one so people can discuss this show again. If it does exist already sorry about making it again and feel free to delete me please. Anyway... discuss away people. ^_^
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 03:02   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not quite ready to discuss yet..... stupid connection is flaky and haven't been able to start torrenting the second ep. (lateral pass).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 03:21   Link #69
DrewGSR

I'm enjoying this series, i think it was lost in the server crash. From the looks of the raw releases the OVAs seem to be one every 6 weeks with a total of 6 OVAs. Turning out to be the usual typical romance story. I already know who im rooting for, Go Iori!!
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 03:28   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
From the looks of the raw releases the OVAs seem to be one every 6 weeks with a total of 6 OVAs.
Yup, well, it's one a month basically. Episode 4 will be released in about 2 weeks.

Incidentally, here's the existing thread. Not deleted, just inactive for a while.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 12:44   Link #71
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I guess there was a thread... I tried the search feature and couldnt find it. Sorry for remaking the topic xD. Anyway for episode two...

Spoiler for episode 2:
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 15:54   Link #72
h2o2shadow
[AR]

bah, nothing more to say, just keep on watching it

great romance anime/manga

Spoiler:
h2o2shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 01:56   Link #73
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Manga version is way better than anime. There is sooo much development of Ichitaka's thoughts and the story line. Although the anime is good, it is very condensed and doesn't give the same feel as reading the manga.

Episode 2 felt just like episode 1 i.e. condensed. However, I liked the conversations between Itsuki and Ichitaka when A) they were on the balcony and B) they were at school. I think the balcony part was different from the manga....but I don't really feel like checking.

And question to you all: How many of you have stared into space only to realize that you were right in front of Victoria's Secret?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 10:49   Link #74
DaFool
Resident devil

Huh, no one's discussing this?

I haven't seen the manga, but I really enjoy the anime very much, even if it feels a little fast and evident a lot of plotlines are being hit fast.

From an animation perspective, this is definitely movie quality...ala A!MG / Tsubasa Chronicle movie quality...so beautiful!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 08:47   Link #75
sukinewb06

i"s pure 3??

does anyone know where to download the 3rd i"s pure with english subs?

i already saw a torrent for episode 3 but it has no subs....

i was just assuming that there is already a fansub for this...

i really hope they make more episodes of i"s pure...
sukinewb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 13:45   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukinewb06

Well, I don't think I've seen a fansub of episode 3 yet, but I'd assume that one will come out eventually... In terms of the show itself, there are 6 episodes in total, and the 4th one was just released in stores in Japan; 5th one is coming in two months. So there will be more, and fansubs too I presume... but good things come to those who wait.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 01:05   Link #77
sukinewb06

extend

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, I don't think I've seen a fansub of episode 3 yet, but I'd assume that one will come out eventually... In terms of the show itself, there are 6 episodes in total, and the 4th one was just released in stores in Japan; 5th one is coming in two months. So there will be more, and fansubs too I presume... but good things come to those who wait.
i know that it will only be up to episode 6...

i just hope that they'd make more episodes so that the fans can see the animated version of what happened after their "christmas"
Old 2006-03-26, 17:53   Link #78
h2o2shadow
[AR]

Quote:

come by C1anime and we are currently working on it now

so does episode 4

Quote:
i know that it will only be up to episode 6...

i just hope that they'd make more episodes so that the fans can see the animated version of what happened after their "christmas"
Spoiler:

WARNING: ScreenCaps

Spoiler:

Last edited by h2o2shadow; 2006-03-26 at 18:04.
h2o2shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 21:39   Link #79
aikming

I"s Pure DVD 4 screenshots

I"s Pure DVD 4 link
Old 2006-03-28, 05:32   Link #80
sukinewb06

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o2shadow
come by C1anime and we are currently working on it now

so does episode 4

Spoiler:

WARNING: ScreenCaps

Spoiler:

OMG!!! REALLY!!??

i hope you guys finish soon...

good luck to you guys!

i really can't w8 for the subbed release...

can you please post a message here when you're done?

that is, if it's not too much trouble..

Tags
drama, romance