AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 20:45   Link #1021
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well now, that was as emotional as I've felt about Major since S1.

Spoiler for Season 5 Finale:

Either way, it was a great ending. Goro is one of the all-time greats - I feel as if he's a brother by now, I know him so well.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 22:47   Link #1022
kobun

I just saw the finale it was great. i'm assuming this is the series finale. as they had no preview for next season. and s1 opening as montage of all 5 seasons is always the curtain call for a series. kind of sad...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:27   Link #1023
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well now, that was as emotional as I've felt about Major since S1.

Spoiler for Season 5 Finale:

Either way, it was a great ending. Goro is one of the all-time greats - I feel as if he's a brother by now, I know him so well.
That final episode did seem like a curtain call. I'm not too sure about the manga... Is there really enough material for another season? I don't think they could top an ending like that with any of current manga material.

I could see a movie in the future though...

Anyway, if it all ends here I have no complaints. Keep chasing that dream Goro, we all know you'll get there.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:46   Link #1024
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, there is the theory that the anime is going to give the manga 12-18 months to dash farther ahead again - if they continued now, it would be pushing it to have enough material for a full season. i hope that's true - I would be disappointed not to see Goro pitch in the majors.
Old 2009-08-24, 15:05   Link #1025
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm just watching the LLWS, my favorite sporting event of the year... Shades of Mifune-Yokohama! Japan was tied with Venezuela in the bottom of the 6th in a must-win game. The Japanese runner was trying to take third on a single up the middle, and the throw from the outfield hit him in the head and bounced away. The runner scored before the 3B could retrieve the ball and throw it home...
Old 2009-08-24, 17:25   Link #1026
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Hasn't the anime always been like this though? Do a season, wait a year, do another season at the same time of year.

I don't see why this time should be any different. Don't worry, the show should be back on in 2010, right on schedule.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:27   Link #1027
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nope, they've never waited more than three months between seasons and at least once that I remember there was no break at all.
Old 2009-08-25, 07:19   Link #1028
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

now, I know I was exaggerating about the year apart from seasons, but if you check the facts every season has been at least 6 months apart from each other (as well as following a specific pattern).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4115

If there is going to be a 6th season for Major, it will most likely be starting in Jan 2010. A lack in announcements doesn't mean we have get worked up over anything yet
Old 2009-08-28, 04:42   Link #1029
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

i'm positive that there'll be a 6th season of Major. it's only a matter of when.

however i don't think it would be made as soon as January 2010. Even by that time, there would not be enough material two produce a two-cour season.
Old 2009-09-24, 18:09   Link #1030
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I wonder when the rest of the eps will get subbed. D:

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:10   Link #1031
silverstar11

Send a message via MSN to silverstar11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A quick note on 120 - I have to give the series props for the level of detail. I used to live in San Diego where "Detco" Park is located, and the area nearby is known as the Gaslamp District. They managed a perfect mock-up of it in the anime, which is impressive as it's not nearly so well-known as the fancy sights in SF that they used in the first season.

Oh, and Joe Gibson Sr. is GAR.
that was cool. it really amazes me when they're making everything anime style. i like it!
Old 2009-10-28, 03:25   Link #1032
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Probably not the final season yet, but they sure made it look that way for now.

And wow, all the flashbacks actually made me get teary. As of now, the story is basically closed and I have no complaints. Awesome, manly baseball memories.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:18   Link #1033
kes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
Hasn't the anime always been like this though? Do a season, wait a year, do another season at the same time of year.

I don't see why this time should be any different. Don't worry, the show should be back on in 2010, right on schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
i'm positive that there'll be a 6th season of Major. it's only a matter of when.

however i don't think it would be made as soon as January 2010. Even by that time, there would not be enough material two produce a two-cour season.
You guys guessed right.

According to this picture (read the two lines at the top), MAJOR 6th season is coming and will be broadcasted in NHK on April 03, 2010 (Sat)

Updated: The link

Last edited by kes; 2009-12-05 at 22:14.
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 16:57   Link #1034
kobun

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...debut-in-april

season six in april... i thought season 5 had a great send off.. he made it to the majors.. whats left to tell in goros story...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 17:26   Link #1035
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well - how about actually showing him pitch in the Majors? It is the title of the series after all.
Old 2009-12-05, 19:18   Link #1036
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

exactly ^_^

I can't wait to see more of Goro and the rest participate in the big leagues. Besides, wasn't that one of the main plot points at the end of Season 5, that Goro still has things to do even though his dream of playing against Mason couldn't become a reality?

(though that eventually came to pass anyways, but meh ^_^;
Old 2009-12-06, 08:52   Link #1037
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Wow...

But the ending to Season 5 was just so well done...

I mean, who didn't feel something watching Goro sitting on that same hillside where he and his father were standing in the OP of the first season...

And when he had his chat with lil' Goro... come on, that was just too good...

Still... more Major is definitely a good thing... I just hope Major Ja Nai keeps subbing... because there's pretty much no chance that this series will ever see an "official translation."
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 11:39   Link #1038
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't deny that the S5 ending was very good for all the reasons you mentioned. But this is "Major" after all - not "Minor" or "WBC" - and dammit, I want to see Goro pitch in the Majors. The manga is ongoing so I see absolutely no reason why the anime shouldn't be, too.
Old 2009-12-07, 02:55   Link #1039
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

No complaints from me as long as they can keep it interesting. I guess at this point, the big goal would be the World Series not that Goro has no other goals to chase.

Though the ending to S5 definitely made it seem like they were saying goodbye for good.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:15   Link #1040
Jarppa

Absolutely best sport anime ever and im glad to see season 6 is coming in april.

this should be spoiler I quess:

Spoiler for manga events::
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports