AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-14, 19:08   Link #241
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
As for episode 19... I'd be scared, if I was a Kiri fan - it's not a good sign that she's firing her best shot so early. After all, Elis will get her turn before this is all over - you can count on that.
Lol:
Hiroki comes home from a night drinking with other teachers to find elis crying- tears streaking the red paint smeared on her arms and face and is wearing only one of his T-shirts and pantsu.

(it'll never happen in a show this tame, but anything less than that is not going to get hiroki's attention is it.)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:50   Link #242
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Lol:
Hiroki comes home from a night drinking with other teachers to find elis crying- tears streaking the red paint smeared on her arms and face and is wearing only one of his T-shirts and pantsu.

(it'll never happen in a show this tame, but anything less than that is not going to get hiroki's attention is it.)
I doubt even that. Remeber Ep1 when Elise was in bed with him and in Ep8 or 9 the Elise Confession ep Elise would have to strip naked to get him to notice her as anything other then a little sister.
Old 2006-02-14, 20:37   Link #243
DanielSong39

Kiri has to make her move while Elis is still in high school - if she waits until Elis grows up, she's toast. I'm a bit surprised that Kiri isn't being a bit more pushy - heck, she seems to be pushing Hiroki away half the time.

Elis' best chance is to be patient and to gain some independence from Hiroki. She's at least 5 years away from having a serious chance with Hiroki - and she'll also have to let go of the brother/sister relationship that they share. But the potential is clearly there. You can almost see it coming, even if Hiroki doesn't realize it quite yet.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 21:04   Link #244
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
I feel like I'm missing something in the Hiroki-Kiri relationship - maybe much of this was explained in the game, and not the anime? As far as I can tell, they're just running hot and cold. They're good at being nice to each other, but they seem to grow distant whenever things get tougher.

As for episode 19... I'd be scared, if I was a Kiri fan - it's not a good sign that she's firing her best shot so early. After all, Elis will get her turn before this is all over - you can count on that.
I think I've made some other posts about my understanding of the Hiroki-Kiri relationship in the game, so I won't repeat it. If you look through this thread, you'll see them. But in the anime, I don't think they've every grown distant necessarily when things get tougher. They just haven't shared a decent amount of screen time since episode 9, and that's left the impression they were growing more distant (although Kiri has been a little gun-shy since the Yanagi incident too). However, when things have gotten tougher in the past in the series, it seems like Hiroki either confides in Kiri (as most recently in episode 18), or he just bottles it up and talks to no one. I may have blinders on, but I don't recall him ever opening up to Elis yet in the series (much to Elis's noticable chagrin) when things go bad.

But I agree. It feels like there's a possibility Kiri'll crash and burn like Sia did in Shuffle. I have been thinking that since episode 7-ish, when Kiri and Hiroki almost shared a kiss, not unlike Sia almost sharing a kiss in Shuffle. But at the same time, Elis hasn't really been making much headway, since most of the time was spent with Elis getting back to a normal relationship with Hiroki after her failed confession. There are a also few other anime where the relationships get settled at this point in the series. Which is why I think episode 19 should give a pretty good indiciation for Kiri, one way or the other. Or, it could be filler for fanservice. They could leave everything open until the absolute end.

Last edited by MonkeyBrains; 2006-02-15 at 18:49.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 23:09   Link #245
DanielSong39

Who knows? Maybe we'll have an open ending. It's not out of the question.

I just believe the director should have done things differently if he was working towards a Kiri ending. Elis is simply too prominent and Kiri and Hiroki don't share enough screen time. And the incident with Yanagi is basically glossed over, instead of becoming a major plot point that brings them together.
Old 2006-02-14, 23:30   Link #246
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Monkeybrains articulated my concern about Kiri fairly well.... there's just this pall over her progress with Hiroki that wasn't there before... of course its not entirely clear she's consciously acknowledged the game afoot.
Argh... an open triangle ending would be painful and I don't know if there's enough material for a second season... I suppose I should look to see if the manga is ongoing and in what situation.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 23:54   Link #247
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Monkeybrains articulated my concern about Kiri fairly well.... there's just this pall over her progress with Hiroki that wasn't there before... of course its not entirely clear she's consciously acknowledged the game afoot.
Argh... an open triangle ending would be painful and I don't know if there's enough material for a second season... I suppose I should look to see if the manga is ongoing and in what situation.
I don't think open ended is really a danger. I would say that there's really no chance for Ellis (she's never shared anything that seemed remotely romantic with Hiroki, except in her own mind), but it does seem kind of early for Kirie to be on her last relationship arc. My guess is that the next episode is more like a "relativity check". Probably the overall director realized that it had been quite a few episodes since Kirie was seriously part of anything and decided to interject one random, unrelated Kirie episode before resolving the color red bit.
Of course, the beautiful thing is we'll know one way or the other probably before the end of the month.
Old 2006-02-15, 03:17   Link #248
DanielSong39

The fate of Hiroki/Kiri relationship depends on how far they progress over the next 2-3 years.

Of course a 15-year-old Elis doesn't stand a chance against Kiri. But things will change once she graduates from high school, moves out of the house, and starts her own career as an artist. Chances are pretty decent that Hiroki will see her differently by then.

Kiri looks like the safer choice, but I'd be interested in seeing what Elis will be like in 5 years. Her potential is undeniable - and it's not hard to see her surpassing Kiri at some point.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:31   Link #249
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

There was a live event held this week in Tokyo called "Canvas2 vs. Karin" that featured seiyuu from the two shows debating which show was better. Performing were: Nabatame Hitomi (Kiri), Tokunaga Ai (Hagino), Yahagi Sayuri (Karin), Inokuchi Yuka (Anju in Karin) -- l-r in the top photo on the web page.

In the end, Karin won out over Canvas2 5-4 in this first of three events. The question for this event was which show was more moe. Canvas had pantsu. Karin had nudity in the OP and previews. Inokuchi-san said the half-naked Ren in the preview after episode 12 of Karin made her think it was a boys-love anime, and she mentioned the moeness of Karin's knee-socks in the preview after ep11. Nabatame-san said: "Knee-socks? I thought that was seaweed (wakame)." I just looked, and she has a point.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-16 at 17:54.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:05   Link #250
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Is that a real audience? They look like black cutouts...
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 01:35   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What a bizarre basis for a debate....

I just watched the "superintendent" episode .... pretty low budget on the animation this run. The nasty politics may seem shallow but I've seen that kind of undercutting too often in real similar situations. Hiroki was exceptionally brave since someone of his rank really shouldn't be saying anything in such a meeting.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 01:56   Link #252
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Just seen ep16 sub. Loved it to bits, plenty of Tomoko action (and Tomoko being her usual self too, so funny). Hagino remains constant as my #3 girl of the series, she's way too cute and devillish for her own good. This series always leaves me wanting more at the end of the episode
Old 2006-02-17, 02:25   Link #253
evil-samurai

Radiosity agree with you there episode 16 was Amazing!. Hagino was the Star this time, the way she acts so playfull while not going overboard is rare to see in a character, plus she was extra cute this time around. I though it was Great! how they used the count down timer like in '24' and the 20 seconds at the end of timer was interesting oh! and the Story telling was nice, everytime Tomoko had something to hold up I couldn't stop laughing.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 03:04   Link #254
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Right! 16 episodes down, 7 forum pages of discussion, and very few avatars. Something is wrong here. Therefore, I am going to try and find time to make some avatars (admittedly it'll most likely be focused on Tomoko, Saya and Hagino, but hey, it's the thought that counts right? ).
Old 2006-02-17, 04:00   Link #255
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Right! 16 episodes down, 7 forum pages of discussion, and very few avatars. Something is wrong here. Therefore, I am going to try and find time to make some avatars (admittedly it'll most likely be focused on Tomoko, Saya and Hagino, but hey, it's the thought that counts right? ).
I made some pre forum nuke. :x

Old 2006-02-17, 04:50   Link #256
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Dammit Riker, your av + sig combo has me mesmerised every time I see it Anyways, nice avs
Old 2006-02-17, 08:24   Link #257
CaliforniaRoll
Avocado,Cucumb,Crap,Mayo

Exclamation Is it just me, or does Elis do everything right when it counts?

Yanagi: (the playboy) Some green here would really bring out the painting.
Elis: (without flinching) Hiroki told me aquamarine and I agree.

ok... so it wasnt the exact quote, but I think we all get the picture. Yup, Elis gets two thumbs up from me for that little scene.

You're struggling kiri, better pick up the pase.
CaliforniaRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 08:48   Link #258
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, this episode 16 was a full 30 mins of Hagino which was nice except most of the time it just showed her sleeping.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-17, 13:21   Link #259
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

I loved how episode 16 had a 24 gag at the begining that stuff just kills me.

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 14:21   Link #260
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaRoll
Yanagi: (the playboy) Some green here would really bring out the painting.
Elis: (without flinching) Hiroki told me aquamarine and I agree.

ok... so it wasnt the exact quote, but I think we all get the picture. Yup, Elis gets two thumbs up from me for that little scene.

You're struggling kiri, better pick up the pase.
Second that, I thought Elis ruled in that particular scene, it's like she was getting Hiroki vibes throughout the whole episode. To me it seemed as awesome as being blindfolded and hitting bullseye in succession. If every woman had Elis' intuition, we'd be doomed. I'd like to see if Kiri can be so cool Plus, Elis is surpassing everyone with each passing episode

Elis FTW

Yanagi has to suffer
npal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs