AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-20, 02:30   Link #281
AmamiYui

Megami once again delivers, looks like nosebleeds again today.
AmamiYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 02:54   Link #282
DanielSong39

The only person who can kill Yanagi is Elis... let's she if follows through or not. If she does, she will cement her position as the #1 female in this show - and it would be hard to justify a Hiroki x Kiri ending.

Kiri's only chance is to show a little backbone instead of leaving this matter in the hands of a 15-year-old girl.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 13:58   Link #283
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Finally, after 10+ episodes of procrastination, some plot eventually develops! I did like the laid-back atmosphere of Canvas 2, but it was geting a bit much...

That preview scared me... Pervy.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 16:28   Link #284
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh... .Tomoko and elise cosplay..... almost nsfw.....

still hardly any complaints about the show.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:55   Link #285
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Is it just my imagination, or is Kiri getting the shaft in the anime? Something tells me that Kiri's story was a LOT more compelling in the game. I find it surprising that the "title" character would play second banana to a "secondary" character.
I wouldn't say Kiri's getting the shaft in the Anime completely, but she has playing second banana to Elis in terms of story focus (hardly a surprise when Elis is the focus of the opening animation). She was a major part of the first 9 episodes (and obviously a big part of 13 and 14). But there was, undeniably, a lull, but episodes 19 and 20 appear to be picking up steam (in more ways than one).

Anyway, about the game. I've talked about the game before in this thread, so I won't repeat too much (unless someone wants me to) cause you can always read the older threads. The game and the anime are very different in a lot of ways, because a lot of the incidents in the anime do not show up in the game at all (no summer festival, no field trip, no hot springs, etc.). Anyway, in the game, Elis and Kiri have the most to their plot threads, regardless of which path you go through, you get a lot about Kiri and Elis. - whereas you can completely miss all but very brief appearances of any of the other characters like Hagino , Shie, or the superintendent.
Spoiler for Spoilers for the game, whether it's for the anime too remains to be seen:

Anyway, about episode 19...
Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 03:26   Link #286
DanielSong39

Maybe Hiroki belongs with Kiri, but Elis is much more entertaining to watch...

Let's see what happens in episode 20 - it will be interesting to see Yanagi make his move. And Elis will come up with a counterattack before it's all said and done.
Old 2006-02-26, 07:57   Link #287
Ryusei

i'd say it's difficult to believe in an Elis ending, there's no rivalry on her, while we have yanagi that now is trying his luck with kiri, building up tension for the ending.
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:02   Link #288
JokerD

Spoiler:

BTW, Kiri, Elise whoever, someone please just shoot that Yanagi. Somehow I dislike that guy with a vengence. I'm also kinda surprised by Kiri's reaction to Yanagi's plagiarism, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to rip him a new one for that. And she's still so friendly with him.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:48   Link #289
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
Spoiler:

BTW, Kiri, Elise whoever, someone please just shoot that Yanagi. Somehow I dislike that guy with a vengence. I'm also kinda surprised by Kiri's reaction to Yanagi's plagiarism, I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to rip him a new one for that. And she's still so friendly with him.
Yup, that's why I like Elis more now I mean, come on, Kiri is just TOO friendly and Yanagi is too damn annoying, hypocritical, etc etc. Elis FTW I bet she'll get the whole girl squal and beat him up so badly, he'll think he's Kiri and go after Hiroki Go Elis
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:02   Link #290
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
My guess (and Monkeybrains') is that something of that nature will happen next episode...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-02-26 at 10:09.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:06   Link #291
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, I kind of wonder whether that futon thing was an animation mistake, or supposed to signify something else happening that night. Obviously he would have had to let go if he wanted to get a bigger blanket and another futon...

As for Yanagi, it probably has to do with Kiri still not understanding everything that happened in high school (ignorance is bliss, as they say). As far as she knew, the three of them were best friends, and she only recently found out that might not be the case. The mysteries of a woman, I think. Maybe ep 20 will delve into it a little more.
Old 2006-02-26, 17:07   Link #292
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Okay brace yourselves for this one

Spoiler for ep 20, a real big one:
Old 2006-02-26, 17:13   Link #293
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler for episode 20:
Old 2006-02-26, 20:18   Link #294
dannyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Okay brace yourselves for this one

Spoiler for ep 20, a real big one:
That spoiler was absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to see this.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 20:52   Link #295
DanielSong39

I sense a reversal in the situation... it just seems way too easy.
Old 2006-02-26, 21:10   Link #296
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

It's hard to say what will happen next. Again, HirokixElis has never been played up very romantically, so I'd be hard-pressed to see it shift at this point in a convincing way, but the writers have to do something for the next 6 episodes, so it seems doubtful they'd lock up the romantic side of it at this point. You never know, though... In some series, they have locked it up at this point or earlier.
Spoiler for Episode 20:
Old 2006-02-26, 21:57   Link #297
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I have a feeling it's a little too early to be locked up one way or the other.

Spoiler:

Has random guy been in an episode since the one for Field day? I didn't even notice how he fell off the map like that.
Old 2006-02-26, 22:07   Link #298
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I have a feeling it's a little too early to be locked up one way or the other.

Spoiler:

Has random guy been in an episode since the one for Field day? I didn't even notice how he fell off the map like that.
The previews are always hard to read. Could be that. Probably will be because Hiroki's such a tool. Sigh.

But anyway, random guy hasn't shown up since the field day (episode 11). A very strange part about this series, creating a character like that... and then dropping him like a bad habit.

On a different topic, what characters from Canvas 1 have not made a cameo during Canvas 2 (not counting bumpers)? I don't think Amane has, has she? I think at least 3 have, maybe 4... Not really sure anymore.
Old 2006-02-27, 01:15   Link #299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I stopped paying attention to previews in any series long ago .... they throw so many red herrings in them its pointless to speculate.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Yanagi/Kiri/Hiroki arc is going to "rinse/repeat" ... hope not but then thats how they hook me. I'm presently thinking Elise is "outgrowing" Hiroki ... but I suppose she could come back from Paris in a few years all grown up and just knock Hiroki down and take him.
All depends on Kiri's next few choices (and whether Hiroki is still an idiot ).
Going back and asking a guy *again* after being rejected would require a mountain of strength. We'd *like* to think Hiroki would spare Kiri by proposing to her first.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 06:42   Link #300
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

I guess the series is only 24 episodes after all, from what I'm hearing now. Which is strange, when I heard it was 26 some time ago. With only 4 episodes to go, it'd be pretty out of the blue to shift from KirixHiroki without any more build up, but you never know...
Spoiler:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs