AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-15, 09:17   Link #141
evil-samurai
......
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Well Circular Logic she is only related by law (I think ^^) and is in highschool..., but for me alot of it is just for the way the played Hiroki and Elis relationship in the past, all I can see that they are true family and there isn't going to be romance between them, and episode 12 just seemed to have such a family atmosphere between the two, plus as others were saying Elis looks like she might just be happy with things staying like they are.

Well I wonder what screen time Elis will be taking up if Its not all about onii-chan ^^

Anyway I'm not really rooting for the anime to go any path, since so far its been written well, so I sure that the ending will be fitting to the show.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 11:46   Link #142
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
I might say that I find the HirokixElis possibility unlikely for three reasons:

a) She's his cousin! (Yes, I know that hasn't stopped it happening in anime before...),

b) It would be really paedophilic (That hasn't stopped it happening in anime either...),

c) With Hiroki having taken care of Elis (If only as a babysitter) for a while, he obviously still thinks of her as a baby sister - i.e. nowhere near attraction.

I'm just hoping that Canvas 2 doesn't turn out as an incest/paedophilia kind of anime... Seems unlikely to me, considering Hiroki's relationship with Kiri, even with Yanagi thrust into the scene.
The whole cousin thing is always a little creepy, but that's probably a cultural thing. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode on the founding of Springfield and Shelbyville:
Jebediah: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.
Shelbyville: Yes! And marry our cousins.
Jebediah: I was- wha... what are you talking about, Shelbyville? Why would we want to marry our cousins?
Shelbyville: Because they're so attractive. I... I thought that was the whole point of this journey.
Jebediah: Absolutely not!
Shelbyville: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right to marry their cousins!
Jebediah: Well, then, we'll form our own town. Who will come and live a life devoted to chastity, abstinence, and a flavorless mush I call rootmarm?
By the way, to evil-samurai that said they were cousins only by law... Well, unless there's one of those "adoption" deus ex machina (which, based on what has been shown so far, does not appear possible), they're first cousins, which means they share the same grandmother, and are blood related.

Anyway, despite my misgivings about it, I won't rule out the possibility that the anime will move in the direction of ElisxHiroki. I have some confidence that if they did, they might write it well. The writings been better than I expected, and they've handled some things better than I thought so far. For example, in episode 10, Hiroki lies to Kiri about where he went, but instead of forgetting about it or letting it fester, Hiroki actually, on his own initiative, calls Kiri and tells the truth.

But so far, taken as a whole, it still feels like it's Kiri's game to lose.

Anyway, it's nice that the male lead actually has a plot of his own. That feels a little rare these days, where it's usually everyone else with a plot, and the lead just kind of moves along, being a "nice guy", helping everyone else (Shuffle, Da Capo + DCSS, etc. jump to mind).

Episode 14 is sometime today... right?
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 12:03   Link #143
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Episode 14 is sometime today... right?
We hope.

Quote:
But so far, taken as a whole, it still feels like it's Kiri's game to lose.
It's true, it does feel as if Kiri has the odds stacked against her - the two have too much history together.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 12:36   Link #144
DrewGSR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Man that ain't right jacking Hirokis picture like that and their suppose to be friends too. I mean I would've knocked his ass out lol.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:36   Link #145
mangatron
Long pantyhose legs <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
We hope.
Depending on how your hopes are interpreted, episode 14 will be accepted either way by Canvas 2 fans: total unexpectation, or just plain wrong.

Oh by the way, hello everyone, I'm back, after my Dave Chappelle style workaholic retreat

Doing a quick scan of the pages of late, I noticed an anti Yanagi rise what prompted you all to do that now? I'll admit the moment I first found out there was a Yanagi I was just....err I wanna wring his neck like a sponge

Err, where were we...oh ja, episode 14.

Spoiler for episode 14, do not read unless you want to ruin your life lol:


Ah, it's good to be back. But, I just have to do this....

If you are in #ayu @ irc.rizon.net do not, I REPEAT do not XDCC LIST me! I am tired of banning ye who do that

There, had to get that off
__________________

boingy boingy boingy
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-Nisekoi S2 ep 02 avatars!
-*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
-*Feel My Birthday 2015
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, suturing my wound failed...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:49   Link #146
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Wow...just wow.

I didn't see that coming at all...I wonder what's gonna happen now. >.>

mangatron, you evil person for making me click on those tempting spoilers. Well, to make up for it, give up on Elise and leave her all to me and I'll forgive you. What do you say? Good idea?

I am surprised though. I really am.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:51   Link #147
Furudanuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of denial
Age: 57
Welcome back, mangatron!
I am strong. I will not click on spoiler. I will be strong. I will log off and run, dammit!
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:52   Link #148
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Yes, be strong. I really recommend you to be. Because it's very wtf, so be strong I tell ya. Don't make the same mistake I did. >.>

Oh, and yeah, that. Welcome back mangatron. I thought it was odd that you hadn't been here for a while.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 15:07   Link #149
mangatron
Long pantyhose legs <3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Ah, thanks, good to be back. And be strong everyone, be strong ...

And Furudanuki, I do recall that I owe you an explanation, well, what my veiws are on Hagino-chan.

Spoiler for well, I guess I should spoiler this lol...:


Canvas 2 DVD's please give me episode 14 now
__________________

boingy boingy boingy
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-Nisekoi S2 ep 02 avatars!
-*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
-*Feel My Birthday 2015
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, suturing my wound failed...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 15:22   Link #150
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Having watched a few episodes again, I've come to realise that a Hiroki x Kiri pairing is probably inevitable.

Firstly, what did the series open with? Kiri's confession to Hiroki.

Secondly, Kiri and Hiroki have had a very good relationship together from the start - especially considering their history.

Thirdly, Hiroki has never had any inclination whatsoever to think of Elis as more than a cousin/sister.

Finally, the series has had many, many, romantic monents between Hiroki and Kiri, and none between anybody else and Hiroki.

On a different note, I believe we still don't know what happened during the fireworks scene at the festival a few episodes back. Or did I just miss it?
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:37   Link #151
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Ya I've been totally getting the vibe it's gonna end with Kiri. Kinda ruins the fun of the show just a tad, with all the cute girls around.
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:42   Link #152
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Doesn't really matter. I like how Canvas 2 doesn't have all the girls creaming themselves over the main character, yet they do get focus (especially Tomoko, Hagino too, to a point Sumire), and how Elise, my personal favourite, gets a lot of focus despite not being the main love interest and is pretty much the main girl. Besides it looks like she's started to accept it too, and there's more to the story than "we all love Hiroki yay" which is always a good thing, since no one ever had a chance other than Kiri and Elis really.

I like Canvas 2, honestly, it might even beat Shuffle in my list of b-game -> anime conversions if it keeps up the quality it's had till now. Really, hopefully b-game turned anime will keep up this kind of quality, because Shuffle, Canvas 2, and personally Lamune as well, have raised the bar quite a bit.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:43   Link #153
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Really, hopefully b-game turned anime will keep up this kind of quality, because Shuffle, Canvas 2, and personally Lamune as well, have raised the bar quite a bit.
Still, none of them are a scratch on Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Air, and Kanon.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:45   Link #154
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I haven't watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Don't think I will either since I've heard it's really depressing.

Air was great but I personally found it a bit rushed, though yes, top quality as well, forgot to mention it. Don't know about Kanon, but I was mostly talking about my personal preferences anyway.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:50   Link #155
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Nothing can beat KGNE on terms of just wowness... That's one game -> anime that will always stand above the rest. There's a reason it's #1 on the top 200 anime voted for animenfo.com
__________________
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:51   Link #156
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I guess so, heh. But out of the stuff -I- have watched, Shuffle stands near the top, along with Air and this.

I think depending on how well Fate does it might take the first spot on my personal list, though.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:52   Link #157
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Nothing can beat KGNE on terms of just wowness... That's one game -> anime that will always stand above the rest. There's a reason it's #1 on the top 200 anime voted for animenfo.com
Well said. Offtopic but - everyone who hasn't watched KgNE - go watch it. It's a pity Akane Maniax sucks... On a more on-topic note, I'm going to kill myself unless Elis stops saying 'oniichan' 20 times a minute.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 16:55   Link #158
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Maybe I should. I know where to buy it as well. It's just that depressing stories kill me, and I've spoiled myself on KgNE a fair bit.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 18:13   Link #159
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Most b-game conversions usually only have the most meaningful story near the end. Kanon had it 4 eps before the last, Air really didn't start until the flashback, Shuffle's didn't start till eps 18 or 21 depending on who you talk to, it still hasn't started in subbed Lamune eps., Canvas 2 seems like it wasn't until halfway the season, God only knows when To Heart 2 will start, and the list goes on.

For KGNE, it started very early at eps 2, and hits you like a truck. (Pardon the pun) That, and its ability to keep the melodrama for the entire run is what makes it so memorable IMO. That's not without its weak points though, as the ending didn't move me as much as say, Kanon (and I wasn't rooting for that couple too o_O), or I didn't feel as attached to the characters as say, Comic Party (hey I'm biased, I think Mizuki is the most unique b-game heroine there is).


But back on topic. Yeah, apart from one detail from the game, then it looks like Kiri would have to try in order to not win in this one. I can't help but feel that the first half is Elis-centric, and IMO the reason why is so they could do her character justice (and did they do a bang-up job) before moving on to Kiri. That's why I mentioned that Kiri has replaced Elis in the previews, because with that, I don't think it's a coincidence that Elis's arc seems to be over and Kiri's seems to be starting, all at the half way mark. It's still too early to make that assumption I admit, and that's the reason why I'm awaiting Lunar's subs next week.


Off-topic again, but I think I won't ever doubt Lunar's choice of series anymore. I almost missed Suzuka because of a misunderstanding, and I didn't have high hopes for this series till now. So far, I truly enjoyed every romance series they have subbed.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 18:20   Link #160
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think Elise still has a major role to play. Just that she's not the main love interest, but she never was anyway.
__________________
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.