AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-03, 21:51   Link #21
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo

For anyone who liked the anime or manga, (or is a drama/romance fan in general) this show was really well done and enjoyable. Sure it had it's differences, but I was still able to take it for what it was and was very pleased. The file sizes are large, but, imo, worth it.
I watched the anime and the LA at the same time, and you're right. Even though they didn't follow the same ark and timeline, they are both worth it.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 16:44   Link #22
firstdayofwinter
kenken icon by athena8

this is completely new to me and looks quite good ! O_O i only know that taiwanese series that's sort of half HYD and then not really -_-;; it's called 'meteor garden', rather funny and changed quite somethings.

does anybody know that one?
firstdayofwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 15:53   Link #23
misakichii

hrms.....i'm not quite sure if i understand what you're trying to say but meteor garden is hyd except that it's the tw version. though i, myself, am not quite sure why they called it meteor garden since i haven't yet seen all of it and might not ever watch all of it since i don't really like it. if you watch the anime you'll see that meteor garden is hyd since the tw version follows the anime more than the jp version.
Old 2006-06-25, 17:17   Link #24
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan Send a message via Skype™ to daisukechan
is the 9 ep one the tw one? or is the Hana Yori Dango Live Action Movie? or is the tw one neither?
daisukechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 21:38   Link #25
Nani_86

I really love this series!! read the manga..and cried like crazy!! it was soooo good!!

i watched the live action..i liked it..but it seemed a little rushed...i hope there's a second season.

For those that are wondering what the second season might be about..don't worry if u have read the manga..there's a lot that happens..which is cut in the live action! so i hope there will be second season of this series!! everyone did such a good job acting out their characters!!

From the ending it seems like there will be a second season!! keeping my fingers crossed!!
Nani_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 03:26   Link #26
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Hana Yori Dango(Anime) is like the one series I do not want to read the manga at all...I think its perfect the way it was.^^
But I been meaning to watch this
Old 2006-08-11, 09:22   Link #27
Nani_86

guys!! GOOD NEWS!! there WILL be a second season of HYD!!!! it's suppose to be aired in January 2007.... for more detail u can check out this website!!!

the main characters will be played by the same ppl who were in the 1st season!! that means more of JUN!! *sigh*

YAY!! so happy!! *cry cry*

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hana_Yori_Dango#Season_2
Nani_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 14:40   Link #28
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani_86 View Post
guys!! GOOD NEWS!! there WILL be a second season of HYD!!!! it's suppose to be aired in January 2007.... for more detail u can check out this website!!!

the main characters will be played by the same ppl who were in the 1st season!! that means more of JUN!! *sigh*

YAY!! so happy!! *cry cry*

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hana_Yori_Dango#Season_2
OMG!! A second season!!!!! More Inoue Mao!!! I love this series!
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 23:41   Link #29
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by misakichii View Post
yeah. me too. i love this thread just as much or maybe even more.

i just watch the last episode and it was soooooooo wonderful. although domuyoji went to new york the ending was overall wonderful. wow! domuyoji and makino kiss. yep! that made me very happy. that kissing scene was a nice one. i love the series and maybe even a little more than the anime. i really wish that there will be a second season. hyd is the best ever!!!!!! hyd is a "must see" series.
yay!!!! my wish came true!! bwahaha!! the first ep of hyd just came out recently. now i need subtitles. yay! i'm so happy. i hope it will be good since the 'part 2' of everything usually sucks, like meteor garden 2 for example. anyways, i hope that it will get fansub and uploaded here on animesuki since the 1st season is here they should upload the 2nd season as well. i'm really looking forward to the 2nd season. banzai! banzai!
Old 2007-01-12, 20:59   Link #30
weedyseadragon

just finished watching the first ep of season 2 and well all i can say is that i'm glad they made more!
weedyseadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 17:20   Link #31
Phych

Just finished HYD2. In the first season I was amazed at the production quality, but HYD 2 has surpassed the first season by a longshot. I was hoping that the second season would continue the masterful storytelling that the first season had, and I have to admit I was a little skeptical. However, after watching HYD2ep1, I can safely say that this season will not disappoint. Actually...I take that back, I'm greatly disappointed by the fact that I watched ep1 so early and that I can't immediately watch ep2.
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 08:55   Link #32
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

*bounces impatiently in her chair* I wanna watch!!!! but it's taking for ever to DL. No doubt it's worth the wait. I was hoping that there would be a season two, and voila it's here!!!

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 01:40   Link #33
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I finally had a chance to watch this. Rui never stood out in the manga for me, but I really like him in the live action. He is so much nicer than I remember. I kind of want him to end up with Tsukushi instead here since as usual Tsukasa is being a blockhead. Rui deserves Tsukushi more (sadly, he won't end up with her, I know).

Junpei is quite cute until he tried to be a bad guy. I was hoping he could get a more sympathetical treatment here (and maybe more screen time) since really it was mostly Tsukasa's fault in the end. But nope. I was not all that satisfied with how the manga treated him, but I think I am even more unsatisfy here. I mean Junpei really didn't get to do much in terms of damage at all. He at least got Tsukasa into the hospital in the manga, but here... he just kind of made threats and ran away from body guards. =/

Tsukasa's sister is so cool. Shigeru is really cute.

Reasons why I can't take this show too seriously:
1. What kind of narcissists are F4 anyway? Look at home many pictures of themselves they had at their place!
2. Tsukasa is wearing this long black coat while next to him you see a few white ppl still in shirts.
3. Tsukushi got out of the ropes so quickly, where did she get her training?
4. Watching them turning back and forth in the intro is just so... XD
5. Black guys ran away because some Japanese guy is pointing a [water] gun at them? Yeah right.

PS I think Meteor Garden was inspired by Hana Yori Dango but I wouldn't say it is Hana Yroi Dango Taiwanese version. The story diverges from the manga pretty early on.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs

Last edited by Ori; 2007-01-17 at 02:39.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 00:59   Link #34
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
the taiwan's Meteor Garden 1 and 2 SUCKS in comparison, please do not compare them!! Hana Yori Dango was a popular manga back in the 90s (though i must admit the story was rather draggy..) and taiwan struck luck with idolistic dramas when it adapted the manga and made it into a drama, hence the popularity of Ken, Jerry, Vaness and ZaiZai(the actors for taiwan F4).

japan really did a better drama of the original manga than taiwan, and their acting was by far more realistic!! due to limitations, season 1 ended with only 9 episodes but im super duper glad that they returned in season 2 with 15 episodes!! now we'll get to see Shigeru and more scenes from the original manga that was not in season 1. my sis hope to watch the california skiing trip but i really prefer the hot spring trip! (spoilers: if they followed the manga, the group goes on a trip but tsukushi faints in the hot spring. Rui rescued her naked body but Domyoji grew ultra jealous!!)

ep3 aired last night in japan, waiting for the subbers to put them up soon~!!

==SSDD==++black will take no other hue++==SSDD==
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 11:10   Link #35
bobo_vivi

ummm i jus started watching the return of hana yori dango2 soo did either in the manga or anime had tsukushi end up wit tsukasa or not or was it open ended lik all endings >.<

HanaKimi
bobo_vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 16:08   Link #36
Rosepetal

I have to say, that I couldn't get into the manga - read the first one and that was it. Thought about watching the anime, but haven't seen any of it yet, but happened to watch the first LA ep and loved it!! So now I've seen all of the first season and am (im)patiently waiting for more eps of season 2.....
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 16:14   Link #37
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Just a question. Does it END? I mean, western shows of that type (you know, when misunderstanding occur for the most stupid of reasons and it gets worse and worse as times passes) last too long and become too much of a drug. HYD is nice (probably thanks to the cute girls ) but it feels like it could take a lifetime to reach a conclusion.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 19:26   Link #38
bobo_vivi

so does da live drama follow the anime or the manga im kind of confused i noe dat in da anime tsukasaxmakino do end up together buh not sure wit da manga?? cus rite now im liturally on the edge of my seats wit hana yori dango 2 due to turn of events ;3 plus very good acting from makino

HanaKimi
bobo_vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 07:33   Link #39
vivideyecrystal

I didn't think I was going to enjoy Hana Yori Dango LA because I thought the character design in the manga was HORRIBLE, but I surprised myself. It's probably the most uplifting drama I've seen - I just wanted to stand and applaud when she first stands up to Doumyouji!

I'm downloading the second series as I type this and I can barely contain my excitement.
vivideyecrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 10:25   Link #40
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Well... HYD the manga ended with a more or less conclusive ending. But that ending was already used in the first drama so I have no idea how this show will end in the drama.

The drama kind of follows the manga in the way that many events in the drama actually happened in manga with only slight alteration... But the order of events is totally different and the whole manga series actually happened when the F4 are still in high school.

The manga also gets very repetitive (where Tsukasa and Tsukushi continually make up, pisses each other off, and then break up, then make up again....). The drama is a lot more concise and imo executed much better.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote