AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-02, 16:10   Link #681
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:

what will shana do?
oh! and do you think they will make a season 2 for this one
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 16:21   Link #682
FeelLicks

No plans are in place for a season 2. So as of now, it'll end with 24 episodes.

On another note, anyone come across any good wallpapers? =]
FeelLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 17:02   Link #683
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
Let's just hope the success of the first season will lead to additionnal series, just like Full Metal Panic or Sekai no Monshou. After all it's easy money for everyone, so the odds are high.
Let's just hope it doesn't take as long as Full Metal Panic. Ug.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 17:09   Link #684
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
@relentlessflame: I think the Aa! Megami-sama! TV was released in the U.S. just 7 months after the airing of the show in Japan.
Yeah - one of the speediest I've seen. Show started airing in January, first R1 DVD end-September (so, 9 months or so). The R2 DVD run was only 2/3 over at that point, so it was a bit rare. That being said, it doesn't surprise me that they'd rush a proven property to release - it practically marketed itself. There are also of course shows that have aired on TV nearly simultaneously, so it's not like it's not possible that we'll get a DVD release for Shana sooner. I just think the safest bet would be to go with the average and say early 2007, and be pleasantly surprised if it ends up being sooner.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 17:19   Link #685
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I just think the safest bet would be to go with the average and say early 2007, and be pleasantly surprised if it ends up being sooner.
Indeed, I'm not expecting anything fast anyway. Would be nice though, at least to people who're not purchasing R2s and waiting for R1s, but yeah, I just mentioned Aa! Megami-sama! TV as a case where Funimation really outdid themselves with the production.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 17:26   Link #686
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Indeed, I'm not expecting anything fast anyway. Would be nice though, at least to people who're not purchasing R2s and waiting for R1s, but yeah, I just mentioned Aa! Megami-sama! TV as a case where Funimation really outdid themselves with the production.
Well, Media Blasters, but yeah. Still have to decide whether or not I'll get both sets of DVDs for Shana... but I guess I'll probably end up doing it anyway. It's not as if the R1s are a huge expense, relatively speaking. R2 DVDs are nice to collect, but R1s are nice if you want other people to watch the show with you - and I know some people who'd like to watch Shana, I think.

Edit: I should add... in the "reasons to hope it might come out sooner" department, with both Kamichu and Ichigo Marshmellow getting R1 releases in June (both from Geneon) that'd place the turnaround time at around 1 year after airing. Shana on R1 this September/October? Who knows...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-03-02 at 18:47.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 00:02   Link #687
Paiser

Spoiler:

im still rootin for shanaXyuuji
screw the other girl
Old 2006-03-03, 12:41   Link #688
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Well the anime is licensed so that means the novels/manga are too right? Hopefully in time I can pick up copies at CHAPTERS or something.
Not really. The Bleach Manga are licensed, but not the Anime while the Elfen Lied Anime is licensed but, unfortunately, not the Manga. They are seperate items and would be licensed seperately, possibly by different companies.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 14:13   Link #689
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Blast, who must I kill/maim/torture/blackmail/bribe then to get a second season going?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 14:24   Link #690
PastPrime

They should end the season in classic Harem Anime fashion. Hecate realizes that she loves Yujii too. She comes to the city and confesses to him in front of Shana and Kazumi. Then Shana, realizing what her feelings are, also confesses to him. Yujii, in classic Harem style, losses his backbone and canít chose one and disappoint the other two. To prevent the Shana from having an advantage, the other two also move in Yujiiís room. Chigusa doesnít see a problem since, with all three girls there, nothing can happen. But Wilhelmina doesnít like it at all and moves in so she can keep an eye on them. Margery thinks that it looks like fun, so she moves in too.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 15:56   Link #691
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...that sounds so crazy it has it work! ...the loli...the mysterious one...the obsessive...the huge boobs...the killer maid...and a milf who doesnt give a damn...omg everything is so prefectly set up as if it was meant to be! ...this could easily top Shuffle! lol...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 16:36   Link #692
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
They should end the season in classic Harem Anime fashion. Hecate realizes that she loves Yujii too. She comes to the city and confesses to him in front of Shana and Kazumi. Then Shana, realizing what her feelings are, also confesses to him. Yujii, in classic Harem style, losses his backbone and canít chose one and disappoint the other two. To prevent the Shana from having an advantage, the other two also move in Yujiiís room. Chigusa doesnít see a problem since, with all three girls there, nothing can happen. But Wilhelmina doesnít like it at all and moves in so she can keep an eye on them. Margery thinks that it looks like fun, so she moves in too.
I don't see why Hecate will love Yuji, but the others will work.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 19:45   Link #693
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Not really. The Bleach Manga are licensed, but not the Anime while the Elfen Lied Anime is licensed but, unfortunately, not the Manga. They are seperate items and would be licensed seperately, possibly by different companies.
Same with the Jinki: Extend manga licensing, and the anime isn't licensed.
Old 2006-03-03, 20:38   Link #694
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 21 was one of the best of the series imo, the drama was just on the right level all the way through.

5 episodes left.. and i hope for god Kazumi doesn't say "I wanna leave the city too."
Old 2006-03-03, 23:22   Link #695
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Episode 21 was one of the best of the series imo, the drama was just on the right level all the way through.

5 episodes left.. and i hope for god Kazumi doesn't say "I wanna leave the city too."
Spoiler:

Bummer...Does seem that the anime is deviating quite a lot from the novels from what I heard. Probably no second season, but let's all fully enjoy the last several episodes to the fullest.
Old 2006-03-04, 00:04   Link #696
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama

As far as I know, the anime is 24 episodes, so there's only 3 left.
(8 DVD volumes scheduled, 3 episodes per disk, 3x8=24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Bummer...Does seem that the anime is deviating quite a lot from the novels from what I heard. Probably no second season, but let's all fully enjoy the last several episodes to the fullest.
If you can consider chopping up whole volumes and squeezing them into single episodes as deviation, then yes. ^^; (Then again, simply looking at the anime, I thought the pacing was pretty good, every episode had something nice about it)

It would've been great if they would at least devote an episode to the great war and Matilda though.
Old 2006-03-04, 00:32   Link #697
gameoffreak8

Episode 21 is very interesting. Shana did save Yuji from Wilhelmina's attack. Finally, the real battle was begin. Poor Shana...
Can't wait to see ep.22
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 00:45   Link #698
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
It would've been great if they would at least devote an episode to the great war and Matilda though.
Here's to hoping for an OVA... <_< Mathilde is awesome.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 01:24   Link #699
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Episode 21 was weird. It was one of the more drama-packed episodes, and the plot twist cliffhanger was huge. But they pretty much spoiled the cliffhanger in the next episode preview.
Spoiler:
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 08:26   Link #700
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
As far as I know, the anime is 24 episodes, so there's only 3 left.
(8 DVD volumes scheduled, 3 episodes per disk, 3x8=24)
Stupid ANN, and its crappy info'.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere