AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-09, 03:57   Link #1
NeoSam

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S

The Kinetic Novel Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica will be getting a new TV anime series.

神曲奏界ポリフォニカ
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica

Official anime site:
http://www.polyphonica.tv/

Originally a Kinetic Novel (a type of a visual novel).

What is a Kinetic Novel?

Taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Kinetic Novels, which are notable for being an experiment in online content distribution. Most of these fall into the completely linear category, lacking any choices at all; as a result, some fans have begun using the term to describe other non-interactive titles.
The company that made the game: ocelot

Site of the company:
http://ocelot.product.co.jp/

Site of the game:
http://ocelot.product.co.jp/products...olyphonica.htm

The game is written by the best seller writer; Sakaki Ichiro (the author of the shounen(boy's) light novel Scrapped Princess)

There are also 6 light novel series based on the game, and a manga adaptation.

The Crimson (red) series of light novels, the White series of light novels, the Black series of the light novels, the Blue series of light novels, the Dan Sariel series of light novels, the Leon The Resurrector series of light novels, and the Short Stories series of light novels.

The five versions of light novels are written and illustrated by different authors/illustrators.

All the light novels (Crimson, White, Black, Blue, Dan Sariel, Leon The Resurrector and the Short Stories) are published under the GA Bunko light novel label; which is a male oriented label aimed at boys from their teens to young men in their twenties.

The Crimson version of the light novels.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.
Published under the shounen light novel label GA Bunko.

The White version of the light novels.
For now there are 5 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Black version of the light novels.
For now there are 9 volumes released of this light novel.
Here are the covers:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Blue version of the light novels.
There are 2 volumes released of this light novel.
Here its cover:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Dan Sariel version of the light novels.
For now there is 1 volume released of this light novel.

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Leon The Resurrector version of the light novels.
For now there are 3 volumes released of this light novel.

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Short Stories version of the light novels.
For now there is 2 volumes released of this light novel.
Here its cover:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Palette

Spoiler:

Shounen light novels.

The Crimson (red) version is the main novel series.

There's also a Fanbook:

Spoiler:

A Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica manga adaptation is serialized online in the shounen web comic FlexComix Blood.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Shounen manga.
Serialized online in the shounen web comic FlexComix Blood.

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Fantasy, Romance

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-11-09 at 05:16.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 10:53   Link #2
harmonious

There already is a Polyphonica anime. Is this a 2nd season?
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:19   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

I just finished watching the first seasons a few days ago, it was rather plain. Although the idea focuses on melodies made by full-fledged dantists, yet all the melodies aren't as special as it seems. It was cool when Corti first transforms to do flashy techniques, but when she keeps on doing the same thing over and over, it gets boring.

I hope second season will be more interesting!
Old 2008-11-11, 12:50   Link #4
Midonin
Last Engage

The official site is open, and the new season looks to be called Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 14:03   Link #5
kyouray
2D > 3D

Wow, the design has really changed but I prefer the older one even if this design is nice.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:28   Link #6
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta Send a message via Skype™ to shomazta
New Season or New Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The official site is open, and the new season looks to be called Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S
New season or entirely new series?

If I'm not mistaken the whole emphasis on "brand new" is like saying it's nothing like the "old" version... merely the vocal cast...

[anime]「神曲奏界ポリフォニカ」2009年春TVアニメ化! 新たなる物語へ!
[anime] "Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica" in the spring of 2009! New story!

近所の書店にて。
At a local bookstore.

BRAND NEW STAFF
BRAND NEW VISUAL
BRAND NEW STORY

CASTは変わらないのかな。
Cast is the same.

【第1期】 神谷浩史(タタラ・フォロン)・戸松遥(コーティカルテ・アパ・ラグランジェス)・川澄綾子( ツゲ・ユフィンリー)・小西克幸(サイキ・レンバルト)・水樹奈々(ユギリ・ペルセルテ)・佐藤利奈(ユギ リ・プリネシカ)
1st Series: Kamiya Hiroshi (Tatara Phoron) Tomatsu Haruka (Corticarte Apa Lagranges) Kawasumi Ayako (Tsuge Eufinley) Konishi Katsuyuki (Psyche Renbart) Mizuki Nana (Perserte Yugiri) Satou Rina (Prinesca Yugiri)

Source: Tomatowa Blog
Old 2008-11-11, 22:07   Link #7
Avisch
Reality Blender

I was wondering when some new Polyphonica would show. I really hope they do something with the BLACK novels aswell though, cause they look intriguing.

And wow. Corti looks 300% more OMAICHIKAERI with her new design.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:16   Link #8
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
New season or entirely new series?

If I'm not mistaken the whole emphasis on "brand new" is like saying it's nothing like the "old" version... merely the vocal cast...

[anime]「神曲奏界ポリフォニカ」2009年春TVアニメ化! 新たなる物語へ!
[anime] "Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica" in the spring of 2009! New story!

近所の書店にて。
At a local bookstore.

BRAND NEW STAFF
BRAND NEW VISUAL
BRAND NEW STORY
glad to hear. So i assume this time there will be more budget to spend in their visual and storyline, the first one was only below average even though it didn't make sense to me at all.

Quote:
CASTは変わらないのかな。
Cast is the same.

【第1期】 神谷浩史(タタラ・フォロン)・戸松遥(コーティカルテ・アパ・ラグランジェス)・川澄綾子( ツゲ・ユフィンリー)・小西克幸(サイキ・レンバルト)・水樹奈々(ユギリ・ペルセルテ)・佐藤利奈(ユギ リ・プリネシカ)
1st Series: Kamiya Hiroshi (Tatara Phoron) Tomatsu Haruka (Corticarte Apa Lagranges) Kawasumi Ayako (Tsuge Eufinley) Konishi Katsuyuki (Psyche Renbart) Mizuki Nana (Perserte Yugiri) Satou Rina (Prinesca Yugiri)

Source: Tomatowa Blog
same cast as before? not that i have a complaint it's just i was under the impression that they changed their casting too. I was a little sleepy thus mistaking staff as cast

Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 01:57   Link #9
Corti
Crimson Cosplayer

I am in seventh heaven because of the new season. I am a huge fan of the whole Polyphonica Universe and I am very excited about crimson S. I think that they make the visual novels to an Anime (as the new novel (crimson s too) has the same plot as the first quarter of the game and the Anime is said to be like this novels...). And if they do, they have a real plot line for the anime this time and a real good one... Might be that fan population increases then...
Corti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 05:18   Link #10
_Nagi

I'm wicked excited about this having another season. THe first season, in my opinion, was really awful, and I don't think Polyphonica deserves something that bad.

And from the preview of the new art style, I actually like it a lot better than the old anime art style. The art after the little movie on the official website does look a little wonky, but something about it I like. Who knows, maybe Polyphonica will get good art/animation this time :3

And I hope this season follows the kinetic novels, but I already have a feeling they won't. But regardless, that isn't a bad thing and I will still look forward to the series airing
Old 2008-11-12, 05:47   Link #11
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Wow, I'm glad I stumbled across this. I just discovered Polyphonica a few weeks ago. Corti =

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of the first anime, and it's something I'm having to force myself to like, just for the sake of Corti and the Polyphonica universe. I'm going through the Insani Kenetic Novel demo right now. It looks great and the music is excellent. I really, really, really hope this new anime gets a good budget and solid direction.

Now that Tomatsu Haruka has shown what she can do in Kannagi, I'm especially excited to hear her reprise the role of Corti.

I still like the character design for Corti in the novel more than whats shown on that new site, but she looks waaayyy better than in the first anime.
Old 2008-11-12, 06:10   Link #12
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I've only watched the first 3 episodes of the first anime, and it's something I'm having to force myself to like, just for the sake of Corti and the Polyphonica universe.
funny you should say this because it's the same reason how i manage to get through this series back then

anywho i really and i mean REALLY hope the Corti we see now in their HP will NOT be the Corti we will be seeing next year. I mean, haven't we had enough of Sailormoon S already

Status Quo: MIA
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 06:32   Link #13
Corti
Crimson Cosplayer

I guess it might follow the Kinetic Novels (I loved the plot to pieces), because the Crimson S Novel which will air at the 15th follows them (the description of it at amazon.jp sounds awful alike like Polyphonica Crimson 1 (and the Manga by the way)) and the anime seems to follow the novel.

I never knew that over there in America are also Polyphonica Fans XD We here in Germany have only three XD

Although I really like the Crimson Kinetic I would be also happy if there's a new plot. Especially delighted I would be if Eryutoron and/or Blanca would be in it too XDD

Oh, by the way... the animation style kinda reminds me of the manga style... The same proportion problems XD

Ok, now I'll switch out of Fangirl-Mode...
Old 2008-11-12, 08:02   Link #14
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I really wish I could read Japanese so I could "play" more of these VN's. Working on it, but it's slow.

I just finished the insani demo and thought it was really good. The writing is wonderful and combined with the music made for a very compelling story. I highly recommend it. It covers the events of episode four of the anime (forgot I'd watched up to 4, not 3). For anyone interested, just google "insani polyphonica" and it's the first hit.
Old 2008-11-12, 09:22   Link #15
Corti
Crimson Cosplayer

Well, I have the original games and I grabbed the Japanese text and then translated it. Those documents I still have and could send to everyone interested. It is bad English though (translated with Atlas), but better as with Babelfish. You can understand the game pretty well with those, most if you watch a scene of the game and then read it. It is possible ^.^

I can offer Polyphonica Crimson 1-4, Polyphonica White both games and the texts from the Japanese Wikipedia. Unluckily I couldn't make the Kanji grabber run with my Black game, so I don't have translations of those...
Old 2008-11-12, 12:26   Link #16
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corti View Post
Well, I have the original games and I grabbed the Japanese text and then translated it. Those documents I still have and could send to everyone interested.
I might be interested. Need to get the game first. I'm tempted to get the novels just for the artwork of Corti on the covers.

Wow... I watched episode five of the existing anime a little while ago. I'm astonished at how much of it had absolutely NO animation. It was just panning across still images. I can see doing that for a few seconds of filler here and there, but this is done for long periods during major scenes. Talk about low cost production.

We definitely need a fresh version of this.
Old 2008-11-12, 12:55   Link #17
Corti
Crimson Cosplayer

Just tell me if and when you need the documents ^.^

Yeah, i bought the novels cause the artworks too (only missing the Black and Leon at the moment) and I never was disappointet. Yeah, the Cover and color works are in the Artbook too and some of the black and white colorations too, but still, there are some that are really worth it. I totally recommend the Catwalk-Artbook too, it has terrific pictures (oh my, I am a fangirl after all ^^, just as their Artwork CD-roms ^^

Yeah, the animation is very beyond par but I don't care. I still love it ^^; It got me into the world of Polyphonica and if I think back NOW how many things were never mentioned in the Anime (for example that Corti is the prototype spirit, the first ever created and the strongest living... and the oldest of eight goddess siblings...). There is so much more to it...
Old 2008-11-12, 13:19   Link #18
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corti View Post
Yeah, the animation is very beyond par but I don't care. I still love it ^^;
Well, that's the thing... I like the characters and the premise and the setting enough that I'm willing to overlook the low production value (which is unusual for me). It's not that it's terribly bad, just very simple.

Going through that VN demo really helped get me into this story. I'm still fairly new to VN's and I'm still surprised at how effective they can be at drawing you into a story and making the characters seem so enjoyable.

And thanks for offering the transcript, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:26   Link #19
Corti
Crimson Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Well, that's the thing... I like the characters and the premise and the setting enough that I'm willing to overlook the low production value (which is unusual for me). It's not that it's terribly bad, just very simple.

Going through that VN demo really helped get me into this story. I'm still fairly new to VN's and I'm still surprised at how effective they can be at drawing you into a story and making the characters seem so enjoyable.

And thanks for offering the transcript, I'll keep that in mind.
Yeah, you are right. Normally that series wouldn't have caught my eyes if I haven't fallen in love instantly with the characters and the music. And it helped that ep 1 left so many answers open (well, the whole series did, but that got me into the VN's)...

Yeah, I played the demo back then too and was so surprised, having never played one before, so I went and ordered all of them XD I played some more since then, they were great, but no VN held tht magic as Polyphonica. At the moment I am waiting for my ordered PSP game for I want to hear certain seiyuu doing the characters (Akira Ishida as Leitos *-* that doesn't fit somehow, but still...)...

I am really looking forward the new Anime and I hope it has a higher budget and maybe some more eps than 12. Polyphonica so deserves that...

Last edited by Corti; 2008-11-12 at 13:26. Reason: corrected typos.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:06   Link #20
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I was looking around for Corti's original character designer. It appears to be Kannatsuki Noboru. Doesn't look like he's done much other than Polyphonica, at least not that I can find.

Character design on the first anime was Hiroyuki Horiuchi.

And here's a comparison between versions of Corti.... game | 2007 anime | 2009(?) anime.

My first impression of the new design was that it was a big improvement over the first anime, but in looking closer, I don't care for how they've done her eyes. The iris/pupil aren't full enough and the center highlight just looks odd. The tops are more rounded, which takes away some of that "tsuntsun" attitude... it's more "nice girl" looking. And her face looks a little too thin there as well, IMO. I still think it's an improvement over the first anime, but not as much as my initial impression was. I guess I was just too excited about the news to care.

Of course, a lot depends on how well she's animated and the kind of expressions they give her. I suppose, since the site has been launched, that the character designs are locked in by now and that's what we can expect?

I like the rounder, fuller cheeks and less angular chin she has in the game design. I think that's part of what gives her some unique appeal.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen