AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 10:37   Link #1
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Anime Battle

What anime caracter would you like ot se in a beat em upp game. I my selfe would enjoy seing Vash de Stampede from Trigun(serious dodging potential), Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina (she can pack a punch) and Manji from Blade of the Imortal (can be har beating him). Pleas post your coments and your favourite caracters and write why they would fitt in a beat em upp.
Old 2003-12-07, 10:48   Link #2
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

normal fight: Recca vs. Yusuke vs. Inuyasha vs. Naruto

sword fight: Kenshin vs. Twilight Suzuka vs. Zoro vs. Guts
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 11:09   Link #3
Muraki
Dreamer

Hmmm...

Orochimaru (Naruto) vs. Muraki (YnM)

Ne, I didn't get my username from watching YnM :X pervert doctors...geez...

Puchiko (Di Gi Charat) vs. Pen Pen (Evangelion)

Battle of the cute mascots ^_^
Old 2003-12-07, 17:48   Link #4
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

I want to see a tentacle monster! We could have the mahou shoujo crew too - Pretty Sammy, Pixy Misa, Card Captor Sakura, etc. You can just guess what the fatalities would be like, mwuhahaha. Ooh, Vampire Princess Miyu and Larva as well. Larva actually had some really cool fight scenes and we need to balance out the monster ranks...

Actually, writing that, I think the Berserk crew vs. all the demos and villains in that show could be a cool game and also Sakura vs. all the cards as well. Although maybe those would work better as rpg's or side scrollers (like double dragon, heh ^^ don't they have 3d side scrollers nowadays?).

*goes off to check if there actually is a ccs or berserk game...*
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:33   Link #5
Lain

Alucard from Hellsing.

Haruko Haruhara from FLCL. Multi-purpose guitar for sword and/or gunfights. And best dodger that ever lived...
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 19:54   Link #6
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

The only real beat em upp game whit anime caracters that i know of is the Gundam Wing Endless Duel for the super nes. Does annyone know of anny other fighting game featuring anime characters?
Old 2003-12-07, 20:56   Link #7
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>Does annyone know of anny other fighting game featuring anime characters?

Well since there is a Tsukihime anime out now, Melty Blood would count:
http://shop.himeya.com/products/adul...lty_blood.html

Umm, don't read the description unless you are spoiler immune like me. ^^
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 22:06   Link #8
GTOnizuka

Send a message via AIM to GTOnizuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer McCloud
The only real beat em upp game whit anime caracters that i know of is the Gundam Wing Endless Duel for the super nes. Does annyone know of anny other fighting game featuring anime characters?
The only ones I know of, besides those two, are the Dragon Ball Z Budikai games, (1 and 2) another DBZ game that just came out, something like, ultimate battle, (there multiplying like rabbits!) and this Inuyasha game. (Hope I spelled that right.)

Thats if by 'beat em up' you mean 'fighting games.' I think thats what you mean.

<EDIT> Wow, I'm quite off topic.
GTOnizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 23:45   Link #9
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

Zabuza(Naruto) vs Akabane Karudou aka Dr.Jackal(Get Backers)

That would be a great bout
Old 2003-12-08, 07:36   Link #10
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

Wink

Thanks for the tip, Wandering A.I. Melty Blood locks sooo cool i must get myself a coppy of this. Reminds me of the freeware beat em upp Dogma that can be downloadeded here. I highly recomend dogma even if its justa a beta version (so manny cool special attacks).
Old 2003-12-08, 07:39   Link #11
Elin
Junior Mem...n00b!

Hehe, I thought I was the only one who used the term 'beat 'em up' :P That was what all the gaming magazines here used to call games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat...good times... :P

Err, on topic, I'd love to be able to play as Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:55   Link #12
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer McCloud
There are tons of them. There are games for Shaman King, Naruto, Fist of the North Star, Inuyasha, Kenshin, Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ranma, Get Backers, Hajime no Ippo, and many more. Not often do games based on anime make it stateside, and more often than not, it's a good thing. The majority of them are absolute crap (there are exceptions, though).
"The man clad in the red coat took up his gun once again in order to stop the sadness, in order to stop the hate. I keep the word of the red geranium, which I was taught so long ago. I keep the courage and determination deep in my heart."

Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 13:05   Link #13
Lain

The best anime fighting game I've come across is Guilty Gear X. Maybe the characters aren't taken from any PARTICULAR anime, but all are instantly recognizable as the type of anime heroes we've come to love and cherish...Hell, let me posta few pictures.

Kay, so the picture sucks, since it's really a pic of small statues rather than the drawn characters themselves, but you can see what I mean. Prepubescent pirate girl with HUGE anchor? SOLD!
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 18:23   Link #14
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
normal fight: Recca vs. Yusuke vs. Inuyasha vs. Naruto
Hmm...That fight is kind of one sided, if you know Yu Yu Hakusho pretty well then you know that Yusuke would completly own all the others...easily... lol
Old 2003-12-08, 20:06   Link #15
Lancer McCloud
Beliving a sign of Z

I hawe found out about a "beat em upp" game engine to download where you can add caracters you download or even create yourselfe. Manny of the caracters are anime related but i cant actualy find anny place to download the game (it is a freeware). The game (or game engine) is caled MUGEN and if annyone knows where i can download it i would be most thanfull.
Old 2003-12-08, 20:36   Link #16
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Hmm...That fight is kind of one sided, if you know Yu Yu Hakusho pretty well then you know that Yusuke would completly own all the others...easily... lol
Well I know jus how powful he is but the others shouldn't be tooken lightly.Naruto would be the first to fall...poor kid.
Old 2003-12-08, 20:54   Link #17
Muraki
Dreamer

Not really if you take in account that Naruto has the Kyubi :P nearly unlimitless power usually does the trick...
Old 2003-12-09, 00:35   Link #18
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraki
Not really if you take in account that Naruto has the Kyubi :P nearly unlimitless power usually does the trick...
But look at the other three
Old 2003-12-10, 02:37   Link #19
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

If there were something like: Weiss Kreuz Gluehen/Kenshin/Saiyuki RELOAD/Air masters/Prince of Tennis like all merged together ^^
Old 2003-12-10, 11:27   Link #20
G.T.
Inactive Member

i think it would be cool when there is an really good beat'm up for PC with every angels ans evas of NGE... it would be really cool... i know there is a beat'm up game for N64 but an really good game (graphics and sound but also movement) for PC.
then a game could be nice with all NGE characters... shinji, misato, asuka.... and so on... (also pen²)
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote