AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-25, 21:39   Link #221
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

If the rest of this thread is any indication. you are going to get some responses to this post, justsomeguy. Some long, long responses.

So, instead, I give you this picture I found. If you liked Nemu, like I did, you will like it. For others, well, it's just another shot to the heart, and you're to blame. You give love a bad name. Sorry. Where was I? Here I was.
Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 21:54   Link #222
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Anime should've depicted Nemu more accurrately.

She's a much better person in the game. I'm convinced of this. They don't make justice to her character...and also her voice is much better in the game...

As for DCSS, well, I'd be hypocritical if I said that I didn't like it because "it was a repeat of the first season". I mean, if they did something like DCSS for a 2nd season of Shuffle I wouldn't mind because I actually like the main couple. I'd probably be not as excited about it as I'd be with more focus on others, which is what I'd have loved here (and I'd love in Shuffle or any other show with a 2nd season that had a resolution at the end of the 1st season, in this genre at least). But I gotta say I wouldn't mind it and would enjoy it.

But yeah...NemuxJyunichi again, as I didn't like them back in the first season, was meh. It wasn't so much about "more Kotori" for me as it was about "less Nemu and Jyunichi and more everyone". But like MonkeyBrains said...matter of taste. Is the show well written? Yeah, definitely. At least IMO.
Old 2006-01-26, 02:18   Link #223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
If the rest of this thread is any indication. you are going to get some responses to this post, justsomeguy. Some long, long responses.
Not really... what's there to say? It wasn't the kind of show justsomeguy expected to see. He wanted in-your-face conflicts, the characters to change and pursue new and different things, and for the Nemu x Junichi relationship to be seriously put into peril by another girl (i.e. Kotori), but that wasn't what this show was ever about, no matter what he might have believed after episode 1. D.C.S.S. is a lesson about love and happiness (and the consequences of selfishness) that was exactly on-theme with season one. Either you accept the show for what it tried to be and do (and, at least in my opinion, accomplished very well), or you just say "it wasn't for me/I didn't like it". What else is there to say? I suppose I could argue that he's wrong about the "scrapped the original plot" thing, but that's pretty obvious if you pay attention to the way everything in the first episode comes back perfectly later in the show. But, regardless, I'm not trying to convince people to like the show; if they didn't like it, they didn't like it. I did, and that's that. If people would just say that rather than get into tirades about how the writers did them wrong, I'd certainly have a lot less to say around here (healthy conversations/discussions notwithstanding ).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-01-26 at 02:29.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 05:37   Link #224
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Not really... what's there to say? It wasn't the kind of show justsomeguy expected to see. He wanted in-your-face conflicts, the characters to change and pursue new and different things, and for the Nemu x Junichi relationship to be seriously put into peril by another girl (i.e. Kotori), but that wasn't what this show was ever about, no matter what he might have believed after episode 1. D.C.S.S. is a lesson about love and happiness (and the consequences of selfishness) that was exactly on-theme with season one. Either you accept the show for what it tried to be and do (and, at least in my opinion, accomplished very well), or you just say "it wasn't for me/I didn't like it". What else is there to say? I suppose I could argue that he's wrong about the "scrapped the original plot" thing, but that's pretty obvious if you pay attention to the way everything in the first episode comes back perfectly later in the show. But, regardless, I'm not trying to convince people to like the show; if they didn't like it, they didn't like it. I did, and that's that. If people would just say that rather than get into tirades about how the writers did them wrong, I'd certainly have a lot less to say around here (healthy conversations/discussions notwithstanding ).
Well, yeah...we had a lot to talk about for a while, but things have been kinda quiet lately. Guess we'll have to wait for DCII for more dicussions?
Old 2006-01-26, 15:02   Link #225
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Can someone tell me what moe story was in the game?
Really curious to know!
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 15:33   Link #226
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
Can someone tell me what moe story was in the game?
Really curious to know!
The following is from information posted by kj1980 in the original Da Capo thread:
Spoiler for Moe's story in the game:
I thought Moe had one of the most touching stories of all. That they did not include it in the anime was a real disappointment for me.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 16:02   Link #227
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
The following is from information posted by kj1980 in the original Da Capo thread:
I thought Moe had one of the most touching stories of all. That they did not include it in the anime was a real disappointment for me.
Mmhm. Moe's story ranks among my favourites.

I liked Kanae's best personally, in terms of story alone that is. Otherwise, everyone knows who my 2 favourites are, I've only said it 5000 times.

Ohh yeah~ I'm leaving on vacation for a week starting Friday (tomorrow). It's summer down here on Argentina, so...I know this topic hasn't been very active lately but I thought that since we do post sometimes I'd let you guys know. Maaaaaybe I'd be able to get on a couple of times though. Ah, and I'd be back in like a week.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-01-26 at 16:42.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 19:33   Link #228
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
That does sound intriguing. It is a pity it wasn't included in the series, because it is a really good example of why the tree was holding people back and had to go.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 05:24   Link #229
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Wow, what a great story this would have made.
Wouldn't mind seeing this in an alternative ending ova.

What part did jun'ichi play in the moe story if she "solved" her problems by herself?
Old 2006-01-27, 19:10   Link #230
Furudanuki

Quote:
Wow, what a great story this would have made.
Wouldn't mind seeing this in an alternative ending ova.

What part did jun'ichi play in the moe story if she "solved" her problems by herself?
Again, all credit goes to kj1980 for this - the following info about Moe was taken from some of his posts in the original Da Capo thread.
Spoiler for more Moe story details:
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 09:30   Link #231
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

With such a great moe story and they went with nemu's story. What a shame!

I want/demand an alternative ending with moe (before DCSS), to see a happy smiling moe, would really make mine day
Old 2006-01-28, 13:45   Link #232
tem

Thanks for sharing the Moe story, I really found that one of the most interesting ones of all the girls.

Overall, I find the discussion over the story quite interesting...(well the unspoiled parts anyway) and I would like to join in, but I've only seen up to episode 20, so I figure that it'd be pointless to speculate around a group of people who have seen the entire thing. :P

Buuut, I would like more info on character backstories if anyone has a link they could share?
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:03   Link #233
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Question Nemu

- Episode 6 spoilers ahead -

Spoiler:
koishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 23:07   Link #234
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
- Episode 6 spoilers ahead -

Spoiler:
I don't think you need to spoiler that. My understanding is she went to nursing school (not college, it's a trade school). In Japan, since high school education isn't mandatory, she just skipped it and went to nursing school instead. I think kj explained it before the great crash because I had the same question. I couldn't figure out how she was suddenly older, but she's not, she just took a slightly alternative education path.
Old 2006-01-29, 23:11   Link #235
koishii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I don't think you need to spoiler that. My understanding is...
Err, I put it behind a spoiler tag since it is a spoiler for anyone who just started the series...

Thanks for explaining this to me. High school isn't mandatory in Japan, huh? And here I thought they were pretty strict about education. Interesting.
Old 2006-02-13, 09:34   Link #236
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
With such a great moe story and they went with nemu's story. What a shame!

I want/demand an alternative ending with moe (before DCSS), to see a happy smiling moe, would really make mine day

hehe mm

-----------------
ftopic:
has the fansubing stopd of s2?
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 10:38   Link #237
koishii

Quote:
Originally Posted by giu_2
hehe mm

-----------------
ftopic:
has the fansubing stopd of s2?
No... episode 21 was released not too long ago.
Old 2006-02-13, 14:57   Link #238
KBTKaiser

and ep 22 was released today. 4 more to the finale!
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:24   Link #239
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
and ep 22 was released today. 4 more to the finale!

yey finllay^^
hope the other episodes gets relased soon
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 16:19   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
Err, I put it behind a spoiler tag since it is a spoiler for anyone who just started the series...

Thanks for explaining this to me. High school isn't mandatory in Japan, huh? And here I thought they were pretty strict about education. Interesting.
No, thats not it.... its more like the European system where "high school" = college prep and "trade school" = craft, profession, etc that is focused on a trade rather than what college offers. You make that sort of choice depending on your skills and finances. Japan is *very* strict about school ... but they also tend to "age-promote" (move you forward whether or not you understood the material). Even for the college bound, the center tests tend to be all-ruling so that even if you kind of mucked around in high school, you could ace the tests and get acceptance from the better universities.

We actually have a bit of that in the States but mostly in high schools that specialize in certain domains (autoshop, cosmetology, etc). And a real ace score on the SAT/ACTs tends to mitigate less than perfect GPA.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, magic, romance, school life, seinen