AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 19:13   Link #261
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I think Sakura and Jyunichi make a very good personality match, a better one than Nemu and Jyunichi. But of course, it doesn't really mean a thing if Nemu and Jyunichi love each other, as if that's the case, they should be together.

As for characters like Miharu deserving better...mm, well, I don't think Jyunichi's particularly "bad", but I do think he's more suited to certain girls than others. He'd work well with Miharu, Sakura and a few others, but his anime incarnation isn't really a good match for Nemu, or Kotori for that matter. They really need someone who isn't as clueless as he is.

As for the whole fake sister thing, it doesn't bother me in the least because I took it more as them being childhood friends. Sakura being her first cousin doesn't bug me either, since that's more a cultural thing than anything else; Elis is my favourite in Canvas 2 and she's to Hiroki what Sakura is to Jyunichi. I do agree that the "nii-san" and "onii-chan" thing can get a little annoying, but in the end it's just a way of addressing someone else, and it's meant to be cute.
What bothered me about Nemu was her personality, since in terms of pure looks she's up there with the best.
Old 2006-02-15, 19:24   Link #262
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Character wise, I found Miharu was my favorite, particularly in DC:SS, but I would never want Junichi and her to get together. She deserves better.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 17:48   Link #263
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Another Merchandise Update!

Well, it's time for another update on all the wonderful D.C. and D.C.S.S. stuff you could be buying now and in the not-too-distant future!

First, as everyone probably knows by now, D.C. II has been dated: May 26th. For those into extras, the limited DVD edition includes a special CD, booklet, and mouse pad. At 9,800 yen, it's pretty expensive... but it certainly looks like it's got a fairly extensive set of characters, and will probably be a pretty long game. They filled in two of the remaining blanks on the character page by the way... now only the main character's unknown (which they may leave somewhat mysterious for the whole "you are the main character" aspect of the game, although I imagine they'll give him a default name).

For those into artbooks and who have seen some of the nice D.C.S.S. art and posters that were featured in Megami magazine, there's a D.C.S.S. Visual Collection that just came out (to coincide with the release of DVD 6). It also seems like there another artbook coming at the end of the month.

And as the title of the first vocal album implied ("Vol. 1"), there's a second D.C.S.S. Vocal Album coming in early April on the same day as the final D.C.S.S. DVD. I don't think there are any image songs left to be included (unless some of the other ones on Dolce 2 were actually sung in-character in the anime), but the last Vocal CD proved to be not too bad all.

And among the final farewells for the D.C./D.C.S.S. cast will probably be the second D.C.S.S. Supplemental Drama CD. The first one was neat because it really expanded on the D.C.S.S. theme and added a bit more depth to some of the characters that weren't featured as much in the anime (especially Mako, in this case). Last drama CD took place before Nemu's return in the timeline, so we'll see what happens with the second disc. From that point on, I don't expect we'll be seeing much more D.C. merchandise, in favour of a lot of new stuff for D.C. II. (Although I think D.C.S.G. will still be running for a bit longer - it seems to be running every other month now in Comptiq. A new D.C.S.G. light novel was also released recently.)

And last but not least, Max Factory is apparently doing a little line of D.C.S.S. figures, including Aisia and Kotori. Not quite as intricate as the Atelier Sai ones for Shuffle, but still quite nice-looking IMO.

Anyway, that's all for now!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 09:39   Link #264
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Seriously, if I was Junichi I would go for Aisia... her voice is sooo awesome.
Yeah, it really is.
But Aisia behaves too much like child, going for her would be exhausting...at least for me. Same for Sakura...btw...
Spoiler:

Sakura is way to special for a "normal" relationship (could see that as child abuse *lol*)...but I like her anyway.

Nemu...well...I don't like her as much as in season one (surprise, surprise)...Junichi and her just are that kind of traditional couple with traditional role allocation that gives me shivers. He watches tv or sleeps or is kind to one of his...*counts*...10 (??) female admirers, while she cleans up everything including his room...and she's happy with it. I mean, ok, that's how he is and she does love him.
But I'm really wondering how any of the other girls would treated him...I just hope not all of them are that kind of happy housewifes (but I fear, at least lovely Kotori seems to be that way).

As someone pointed out, Junichi is not only good enough for Nemu but for any other girl as well. *sigh*
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 10:00   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, with the final episode of Da Capo: Second Season almost out.. ;_; - i was wondering if *coughs* there's any news of a third season? *coughs*

I know i'm getting a lil' head of myself, but i don't wanna be without Da Capo..
Old 2006-03-24, 12:40   Link #266
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I think we've probably seen the end of Da Capo. If they make another season it will probably be about Da Capo 2 and the characters from that game instead. But it's all speculation as there's no news one way or the other, I believe.
Old 2006-03-24, 13:02   Link #267
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I know there's not going to be another season, it would be kinda daft if there was.
Old 2006-03-24, 14:28   Link #268
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I should clarify. I imagine there probably will be a season based on the DC2 game, just not on these characters.
Old 2006-03-24, 15:34   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Well, I should clarify. I imagine there probably will be a season based on the DC2 game, just not on these characters.
Kinda how To heart 2 was made into a anime.
Old 2006-03-24, 20:25   Link #270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Yup, definitely - I'd bet on it. The franchise is still too popular and (barring a major screw-up with the new game) still selling too well for them to not be planning on more merchandise for many years to come. And, while we wait, here's another little preview from Amazon. (Main site also has an omake that features a few screenshots from the new game.) Look forward to seeing these characters in an anime... at some point. (Maybe Summer 2007?)
Old 2006-03-24, 20:27   Link #271
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Maybe Summer 2007?
2007 sounds about right, maybe in the Summer being a bit to early - but it would fit well with the name.
Old 2006-03-24, 20:31   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
2007 sounds about right, maybe in the Summer being a bit to early - but it would fit well with the name.
Well, yeah - only because D.C. was Summer 2003, D.C.S.S. Summer 2005, so D.C.II Summer 2007? Patterns work for me... Plus, keeping it spread out like that keeps some momentum, without overexasperating people or sucking the franchise dry. Oh well, all we can do is wait.
Old 2006-03-24, 20:33   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, i like a good pattern now and then - lets just hope it sticks.
Old 2006-03-25, 01:47   Link #274
Khaos

I just hope, this third season will be better - meaning more like Season 1 - than Second Season. I fear the more girl characters they add, the worse the anime will become.
Old 2006-03-25, 03:18   Link #275
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos
I just hope, this third season will be better - meaning more like Season 1 - than Second Season. I fear the more girl characters they add, the worse the anime will become.
Well, D.C. II is a new cast of characters entirely, set two generations into the future. So, unless it's in a small cameo sort of way, I doubt you'd see the the current D.C. cast at all. In a sense, one could say that D.C.S.S. establishes the "canon" ending of D.C. that sets up D.C. II. From the looks of things, seems like the cast will be a medium size, though that precludes the obligatory expansions. We'll just have to wait for the game, though, to learn more.
Old 2006-03-25, 04:45   Link #276
Khaos

Quote:
Well, D.C. II is a new cast of characters entirely, set two generations into the future. So, unless it's in a small cameo sort of way, I doubt you'd see the the current D.C. cast at all. In a sense, one could say that D.C.S.S. establishes the "canon" ending of D.C. that sets up D.C. II. From the looks of things, seems like the cast will be a medium size, though that precludes the obligatory expansions. We'll just have to wait for the game, though, to learn more.
Didn't know that, thanx for the info.
Does future mean, DCII will have some SF-elements?

I see some cameos in these pictures, like Nemu (Yume? That's too obvious), Mako (Is she a teacher?), Suginami (...) and Kotori (Yesterday I've found a wallpaper with Nanako Shirakawa on it, I was wondering, if Kotori suddenly got a sister.).

And I hope that they will adapt the style from Da Capo and not from Da Capo SS.
Old 2006-03-25, 08:17   Link #277
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

A lot of character designs in DCII mimic characters from DC, and pretty much all of the characters have last names the same as characters in DC, so the cameos you might think you're seeing are likely just new characters with the same last name and similar character design. (Like Yume Asakura, who's character design obviously mimics Nemu Asakura, and Nanaka Shirakawa, who mimics Kotori Shirakawa). Since it's supposedly two generations difference, that would mean that Yume or Nanaka might be the grandchildren of Nemu and Kotori, respectively (maybe). I'm sure relentlessflame can go into much more detail.

As for Suginami, he looks identical to before, and his bio has a few items listed as "secret", so they might be going for something.. "different" with that character.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 08:25   Link #278
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just from looking at the characters you can already picture in you mind what type of character they're compared to the original cast.. i really hope this make it as a anime.

Well, you can't have anything to do with Da Capo without Suginami.. even the VA's the same. o.o

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-03-25 at 08:36.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:31   Link #279
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Quote:

cool
a new season of dc..
hope it will end better then dacapo s2
still watin for a subbd eps 26
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 20:02   Link #280
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
A lot of character designs in DCII mimic characters from DC, and pretty much all of the characters have last names the same as characters in DC, so the cameos you might think you're seeing are likely just new characters with the same last name and similar character design. (Like Yume Asakura, who's character design obviously mimics Nemu Asakura, and Nanaka Shirakawa, who mimics Kotori Shirakawa). Since it's supposedly two generations difference, that would mean that Yume or Nanaka might be the grandchildren of Nemu and Kotori, respectively (maybe). I'm sure relentlessflame can go into much more detail.
Well it seems Nanaka will have some tough competion considering now there is two Nemus.. er I mean two Asakuras.

Actually who knows what the new Shirakawa might be like (or anyone for that matter), she might even be the complete opposite of kotori. I guess we'll just have to wait untill the game comes out so we can find out. Well the new Kotori.. er I mean Shirakawa seems to be my fave just by looks so far.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, magic, romance, school life, seinen