AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-10, 03:45   Link #1281
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruote View Post
because it's a BORING pair

--------------------------------


lol how many times have we seen rukia broke SS rules?
ichigo went to SS at least 2 times without the hell butterfly...

anyways, i want ichiruki relationship to stay platonic as long as ichihime fans want

then rukia will die at the end of bleach
she'll be reincarnated and she'll met kaien's reincarnated self
then they'll live happily ever after
Interesting... but, IIRC when Shinigami's die they become a part of Soul Society, rather than being incarnated.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 03:54   Link #1282
ruote
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
i thought it was their soul body that will become part of SS
in the beginning of the series.. Rukia said something about these hollows or soul will be reborn to balance something

i dunno, not sure about that.
ruote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 04:41   Link #1283
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
I had to stop lurking just to say this...


@ Scarlett...

How can you happily crow about the " Supposed Death of IchiRuki" interview. Yet conveniently forget about the "Friendship" one that axed your camp? I noticed you keep paraphrasing that one interview yet never mention the other one. Care to tell me why you act like that other one doesn't exist?

Kubo was asked about the IchiRukiOri triangle and his reply was much the same. As a matter of fact KT took it a step further than that....He said this arc was to emphasize "friendship" and not romance. Orihime's feelings are the only thing that are truly canon. Knowing this and Kubo still says this about friendship. True to his word he has chapters like "Six Hearts Beat as one"

Wouldn't you say that-- that effectively kills your ship? Couldn't I paraphrase that one the same way you are doing? If we are going to use interviews. Would I be able to say? Orihime had been place in the friend zone, while Rukia had not been
Quite the opposite Rukia has been declared "Not like family, More than friends, just not a lover" "Ray of light" Remember this is all Kubo saying this and not me. Is that (Friendship) interview any less valid than the "Death of IchiRuki" one? Could I say in that interview "IchiHime had been debunked?
If we are to judge things based on an interview. If we were to go strictly on interveiws as support for our pairs. Do you see how the above would not be in your pair's favor? Tip: It's not good to use interviews as the wind for your sails.
While you are so happily pointing out Ulquiorra singling out Orihime. While conveniently dismissing the fact that he said "or ALL of them I'd like to point out.---Ichigo had a flashback of his own failure to inquire or think about Orihime's welfare. Just so you know...



By the way nowhere in that pilot did Ichigo declare any love for Orihime. In it Rukia still lived with him. The only difference is Ichigo was made aware of Orihime's feelings instead of being totally oblivious.

The "entire year" in the manga was because a certain pink-haired uke wouldn't stop talking. It was not about Ichigo and Orihime. They actually spent little time together. They didn't talk too much either. Just a little of "Are you okay. Heal..Nel" kind of togetherness.

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-10 at 08:00.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 05:45   Link #1284
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
I had to stop lurking just to say this...


@ Scarlett...

How can you happily crow about the " Supposed Death of IchiRuki" interview. Yet conveniently forget about the "Friendship" one that axed your camp? I noticed you keep paraphrasing that one interview yet never mention the other one. Care to tell me why you act like that other one doesn't exist?

Kubo was asked about the IchiRukiOri triangle and his reply was much the same. As a matter of fact KT took it a step further than that....He said this arc was to emphasize "friendship" and not romance. Orihime's feelings are the only thing that are truly canon. Knowing this and Kubo still says this about friendship. True to his word he has chapters like "Six Hearts Beat as one"

Wouldn't you say that-- that effectively kills your ship? Couldn't I paraphrase that one the same way you are doing? If we are going to use interviews. Would I be able to say? Orihime had been place in the friend zone, while Rukia had not been
Quite the opposite she has been declared "Not like family, More than friends, just not a lover" Remember this is all Kubo saying this and not me. Is that (Friendship) interview any less valid than the "Death of IchiRuki" one?

Because if we are to judge things based on an interview. If we were to go strictly on interveiws as support for our pairs. Do you see how the above would not be in your pair's favor? Tip: It's not good to use interviews as the wind for your sails.
While you are so happily pointing out Ulquiorra singling out Orihime. I'd like to point out.---Ichigo had a flashback of his own failure to inquire or think about Orihime's welfare. Just so you know...

By the way nowhere in that pilot did Ichigo declare any love for Orihime. In it Rukia still lived with him.The only difference is Ichigo was made aware of Orihime's feelings instead of being totally oblivious.

The "entire year" in the manga was because a certain pink-haired uke wouldn't stop talking. It was not about Ichigo and Orihime. They actually spent little time together. They didn't talk too much either. Just a little of "Are you okay. Heal..Nel" kind of togetherness.
Kubo has never said anything about Ichigo's and Inoue's relationship, especially since as far as I know, that he was never asked about it. Ichigo remains ambiguous. All we do know as fact is that Ichigo has no romantic interest in Rukia and vice versa as of current.

What will happen between Ichigo and Inoue? who knows, but we might find out soon. Especially since emo clown is having a fun time using her to mess with Ichigo's head.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 06:38   Link #1285
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
We know for a fact Ichigo has no romantic interest in Orihime as well. Nor did KT say that Ichigo would never develop any romantic feelings for Rukia. Like you said he was talking about currently. Currently they aren't romantic in nature. It doesn't rule out the future....


Oh yes...my friend there is an existing interview. One in which KT was asked if he planned on resolving the triangle. An idea he shot down instantly. Then he goes on to say...this arc is about friendship. That is the focus not romance. So out of both relationships, which one of us has a better chance of being canon? Because he has said the same things about Ichihime. (We are not alone)

Ulquiorra is just using verbal foreplay... Didn't you see the chapter/ title page? It smacks of yaoi. A lot of eye smex Seme Ichigo anyone?
Speaking of chapter covers. Funny thing--all those chapter covers are devoted to Ichigo and Ulquiorra. It's curious how they do not feature Ichigo and Orihime. Nor does it have anything remotely related to or symbolic of that pairing. Funny how IchiRuki is being mislead by iconic titles, and chapters of destiny and large spreads and reunions and cheesy romantic quotes. (*<--that's plural >>quotes<<) All of which Ichihime doesn't have

An actual promise of one in 317-18 (one of those) "Save the reunion for later! Go save Orihime" That's Ichihime Shipper Rukia, promising us that reunion. KT himself placed Orihime in the friend zone. He said this was the nakama arc. He said that romance was the least important to him.

You are also totally forgetting that KT said "He wasn't going to confirm or deny" an IchiRuki romantic conclusion.
Rukia is Ichigo's "Precious Nakama" according to KT. Inoue is Ichigo's nakama. We know that for a fact . (Since he too, confessed his feelings for Orihime) Ichigo considers Inoue his nakama. If they are both nakama, what gives Orihime the edge over Rukia? What would be the difference? What would make it so that Orihime can be nakama but still have a chance to win Ichigo.Yet Rukia is nakama but is stuck forever in the friend zone.

Especially, since Kubo has said Orihime's Arc was nothing but friendship. That is the main focus. While maintaining that Rukia is much more to Ichigo than a friend. Can you tell me why that is? Can you me tell how one interview validates the "Death of IchiRuki". yet the "Friendship Arc" interview is not to be taken seriously? Can you tell me exactly why is KT's words only "the gospel" when you think it sinks IchiRuki ? Can you explain to me how it's not valid proof of sinking the Ichihime ship? Especially since KT has said it's all about "friendship" and not romance Is there a double standard?

*goes back to lurking....;*

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-10 at 09:36.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 09:41   Link #1286
sorbet
vicious fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Kubo never said this arc is about friendship. He was asked during his trip to San Diego Con. When asked whether we will see the love triangle between Ichigo, Rukia and Orihime get resolve by the end of manga, his answer was, 'There are more to the characters than romance. I want to focus on other parts of their development.' He then added that 'Romance is something I put here and there in manga' which indicates he doesn't consider romantic scenes significant. He put them there but never focus on them.

To be honest, this interview actually kind of debunk IchiOri ship since the major part of that ship focuses on her love and her confession. For Kubo to say there are more for the characters than love is like a hint he may make her grow out it.

Using interviews to claim IchiRuki is dead won't work. The latest interview Kubo gave was in Jump Festa (Dec 21st) and he said the focus of Fade To Black movie is Ichigo and Rukia's relationship and the change of their feelings. I doubt we need to spell it out what that really means, no?

Btw, do we really need Kubo to say HM arc is a friendship arc? Are people that blind not to see its theme? The chapter "six hearts will beat as one" couldn't make it clearer.

Last edited by sorbet; 2009-01-10 at 10:07.
sorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:07   Link #1287
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
@Sinta, FALSE on the thing about Ichigo and Rukia going back and forth anytime they want. Rukia is a soldier, she goes wherever she is directed. And going to the human world without proper authorization is illegal. And Ichigo also need permission as well as a escort with a hells butterfly to go to S.S. Unless you think Yamamoto is nice enough to give them all hells butterflies and free reign access to dimensional gateways.

Well, doesn't matter in the end. Kubo himself said their relationship isn't romantic. That's enough for me to smirk all the way to the bank.
You are making an assumption they couldn't be stationed in the human world. Ichigo isn't directed by anyone. There isn't any indication that Rukia couldn't be in the human world or Ichigo in the SS. ITs a very weak excuse not to get them together. Ichigo's father is a SS HY; you realize that right? So we have at least on example of Death God and human getting together. That would debuke your argument would it not

I have to say you go right ahead and focus on one taken out of context interview. I'm going to stay with the manga and the manga is all about Ichigo and Rukia. The fact that you honestly think that Kubo is going confirm and deny something as major as Ichigo and Rukia's feelings an interview greatly amuses me.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:30   Link #1288
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Pages and pages of arguing, all because we as a society have decided that in order to be accepted relationships need to be defined into the neat categories we've created for ourselves.

Patonic friends. Boyfriend/Girlfriend. etc. Is it really so hard to just take them as they are?

If Rukia were male the conclusion would be simple - she's his best friend (with, of course, the small necessary contingent of yaoi fanatics insisting that there is a deeper erotic sort of love harboured between them (Light and L anyone?). But Rukia isn't male, hence the problem.

Is it so impossible to believe that a man and a woman can admire, respect and love each other without being IN love with each other? What about them being romantically inclined makes their relationship any more significant than it is now? Is sex REALLY the determining factor of whether a man and a woman can be as close as two people can be, emotionally speaking? Isn't it possible that their relationship transcends those boundaries just as it transcends the boundaries of life and death?

I've seen nothing (NOTHING!) to indicate to me that Ichigo is romantically interested in Rukia. But is there any denying that she is absolutely the most important person in his world? Definitely not. Can't we just leave it at that?
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:38   Link #1289
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Well, doesn't matter in the end. Kubo himself said their relationship isn't romantic. That's enough for me to smirk all the way to the bank.
He said that their current relationship wasn't one of a romantic nature. He didn't say that they would never be romantic. Honestly, you people are just grasping at straws
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 11:49   Link #1290
Hav0kkx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Standing In Line To See The Show Tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruote View Post
lol how many times have we seen rukia broke SS rules?
ichigo went to SS at least 2 times without the hell butterfly...
She broke them literally only once, and that was in chapter 1, giving her powers to Ichigo. The only other time where it could be considered is when they went off to Huenco Mundo, and even then it wasn't breaking the rules since there was no orders to keep her in the Soul Society.


Ichigo only went once to the Soul Society, and that was to save Rukia o.o;


If your talking anime-filler wise, you should never take those arcs seriously :P
Hav0kkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:55   Link #1291
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
@ Sorbet...There is a "Nakama Arc 'interview too. There is a interview where he says it's about friendship.


@Scarlett
The point is...You shouldn't use these interveiws as the winds for your ship's sails. You can't be selective either. Since anyone can paraphrase these interviews to fit their arguments. Especially from a non-canon movie. Even if KT and Morita waxed on like fan boys about it. In the end it's what happens in the manga that counts.

Use what you have in there instead of trying to validate your claims of an "Ichihime Conclusion", with parts of an interview. Epspecially, since before said-Death-interveiw. You cried "It's only an interview! It's not canon...It's not in the manga!" over. Because as it stands no one has been named a love interest. Rukia has declared herself Ichigo's nakama and he agreed. He also named Orihime one of his Nakama. So both of them are in the same boat.

The debate should be about... Realistically which girl has a better chance at Ichigo's heart. Along with the reasons why you feel it is so. Using an interveiw is the same as using a popularity poll arguement. You can't condemn anyone who does that if you are crowing about an interveiw. Until KT names a person outright, it's all just speculation...

Peace...


*Blends back into the user-surroundings*

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-10 at 22:08.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 06:58   Link #1292
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Pages and pages of arguing, all because we as a society have decided that in order to be accepted relationships need to be defined into the neat categories we've created for ourselves.

Patonic friends. Boyfriend/Girlfriend. etc. Is it really so hard to just take them as they are?

If Rukia were male the conclusion would be simple - she's his best friend (with, of course, the small necessary contingent of yaoi fanatics insisting that there is a deeper erotic sort of love harboured between them (Light and L anyone?). But Rukia isn't male, hence the problem.

Is it so impossible to believe that a man and a woman can admire, respect and love each other without being IN love with each other? What about them being romantically inclined makes their relationship any more significant than it is now? Is sex REALLY the determining factor of whether a man and a woman can be as close as two people can be, emotionally speaking? Isn't it possible that their relationship transcends those boundaries just as it transcends the boundaries of life and death?

I've seen nothing (NOTHING!) to indicate to me that Ichigo is romantically interested in Rukia. But is there any denying that she is absolutely the most important person in his world? Definitely not. Can't we just leave it at that?
Langus, once again I salute you ( '_')>

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
@ Sorbet...There is a "Nakama Arc 'interview too. There is a interview where he says it's about friendship.


@Scarlett
The point is...You shouldn't use these interveiws as the winds for your ship's sails. You can't be selective either. Since anyone can paraphrase these interviews to fit their arguments. Especially from a non-canon movie. Even if KT and Morita waxed on like fan boys about it. In the end it's what happens in the manga that counts.

Use what you have in there instead of trying to validate your claims of an "Ichihime Conclusion", with parts of an interview. Epspecially, since before said-Death-interveiw. You cried "It's only an interview! It's not canon...It's not in the manga!" over. Because as it stands no one has been named a love interest. Rukia has declared herself Ichigo's nakama and he agreed. He also named Orihime one of his Nakama. So both of them are in the same boat.

The debate should be about... Realistically which girl has a better chance at Ichigo's heart. Along with the reasons why you feel it is so. Using an interveiw is the same as using a popularity poll arguement. You can't condemn anyone who does that if you are crowing about an interveiw. Until KT names a person outright, it's all just speculation...

Peace...


*Blends back into the user-surroundings*
He did named names. He was asked the nature of Ichigo's and Rukia's relationship and whether it was romantic or not. And he flat out said "NO"

Whats there to interpretate? The creator / author himself gave a definative answer.

Yes they are important to one another, thats undeniable. But a man and woman can be just friends / buddies / whatever. Without the desire for further intimacy. Kubo himself said there was no such desires between the two of them. I also did a poll some time ago, over this whole issue of men and women being just friends. And I was right in believeing that the majority felt the same as I do. Linky to poll.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66093

Why does Orihime has a leg up on Rukia in the romantic department? Simple, she has the desire for it. Rukia does not. And its just my opinion, but I don't think this will change.

Friendship has always been the recurring theme in Bleach its pretty much what the series is about if u want to break it down. And just going with this friendship bit, Ichigo rejecting Inoue would break that theme. I know I know, you're going "what? lol, why?", thats easy. How easy is it for the rejected to continually stay around the person that rejected, friend or not? It hurts, it brings awkwardness. It'll divide the group of friends, making it hard for them to choose who to hang out with etc.

Inoue would probably try to laugh it off in front of everyone, with the typical "its ok, I'm fine" bit. But, everyone will know she's faking it. Awkward tensions will lead to drifting apart and friendship no more. Tatsuki will probably drift further from Ichigo. Ishida will still be the same, he's already stoic. Chad will still hang out with Ichigo. Rukia... well tbh I don't know what she'll do, she'll probably kick Ichigo in the head then go back and resume her life in S.S.

Even though some of you may hate Inoue. A rejection is considered a "sad" thing. Its not a period of rejoice and great conclusion to a grueling arc. I mean seriously. A rejection will just lead to melodrama and angst. It just doesn't flow correctly.

Given Inoue circumstances. Everyone demands a resolution, its been a long time coming but (hopefully) Kubo doesn't leave this anticipation hanging with some cheesy line.

And no, Inoue having a major epiphany that she's actually in love with one of the bad guys don't count as one.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:15   Link #1293
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
Friendship has always been the recurring theme in Bleach its pretty much what the series is about if u want to break it down. And just going with this friendship bit, Ichigo rejecting Inoue would break that theme. I know I know, you're going "what? lol, why?", thats easy. How easy is it for the rejected to continually stay around the person that rejected, friend or not? It hurts, it brings awkwardness. It'll divide the group of friends, making it hard for them to choose who to hang out with etc.

Inoue would probably try to laugh it off in front of everyone, with the typical "its ok, I'm fine" bit. But, everyone will know she's faking it. Awkward tensions will lead to drifting apart and friendship no more. Tatsuki will probably drift further from Ichigo. Ishida will still be the same, he's already stoic. Chad will still hang out with Ichigo. Rukia... well tbh I don't know what she'll do, she'll probably kick Ichigo in the head then go back and resume her life in S.S.

Yes it will lead to drama therefore Ichigo will have to spend his life with poor Orihime because the fragile princess is going to be sad.
Deal with the fact that rejection, as stupid as it sounds, doesn't always lead to awful depressions. Orihime is stronger now, she's more mature and she doesn't even need to confess in the first place.
If you think Kubo wnats to avoid drama so much, then he WON'T make Orihime confess. If he doesn't, Ichigo won't have to reject her. Happy now? No angst, no tears.

Quote:
He did named names. He was asked the nature of Ichigo's and Rukia's relationship and whether it was romantic or not. And he flat out said "NO"
The word he used in Japanese means "not dating/not sleeping together" and I think everyone's well aware of that.

And no, you are wrong in your assumptions. Kubo said It's not friendship but it's not romantic either
It's not friendship. Yes, you may not like it but IchiRuki's not just friendship.
And did Kubo say they are NEVER going to be romantic? No, he didn't.
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 08:33   Link #1294
starshine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: the library
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
It's the IchiOri shippers who are denying with dying breaths. They can still imagine a world in which Ichigo introduces Orihime, "hey, this is my girlfriend" and Rukia "and this is my Ray of Light, the woman who Changed My World and who I exceedingly need" (that "exceedingly need" is a quote from the current FTB novel released in conjunction with the movie).
I couldn't have said it better myself id just like to add to rukia"the one who stoped the rain, the white moon to my black sun(ying yang), the one i share the speacial bond with, the one i share a destiny with, the girl i was conected to before we even met,the gears to my moving sand,and from a recent quote on a cd box of ichigo and rukia duet the thing i would save even if it ment losing everything,"

Man i would definently not want orihime to be in that situation
__________________
Avatar made by 365 days
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 13:31   Link #1295
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
IMO if he says 'it is not romance', that sounds pretty definitive. It's just a matter of whether you want to take what he said at face value or not.

What I'd like to know is how Kubo managed to invent a relationship stage beyond friendship but below romance. That's essentially a semantically empty statement, so interviews with this man are pointless.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 13:48   Link #1296
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
IMO if he says 'it is not romance', that sounds pretty definitive. It's just a matter of whether you want to take what he said at face value or not.

What I'd like to know is how Kubo managed to invent a relationship stage beyond friendship but below romance. That's essentially a semantically empty statement, so interviews with this man are pointless.
I think anyone who's ever been in love and who's successfully bridged the deep friendship to lovers bond can tell you that Kubo didn't invent this relationship stage. It's as old as love itself.

It's a unique one for sure because it isn't the type of romance where the couple hops into bed with one another before knowing one another and neither is it a traditional courtship. You've seen it lauded in story-telling everywhere though--in fact, the very term "shipping" in fandom comes out of the relationSHIP between Mulder and Scully of X-files that was ambiguously more than friends, less than lovers.... and well, we all know how that ended. With sex and a baby.

And speaking as someone who fell in love with my best friend of seven years and married him, I can vouch for the stage being no invention.

You inexperienced little kiddies need to talk to some romantic veterans out here. Maybe Kubo-sensei knows more about love than you do!
__________________
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:03   Link #1297
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
I think anyone who's ever been in love and who's successfully bridged the deep friendship to lovers bond can tell you that Kubo didn't invent this relationship stage. It's as old as love itself.
Deep friendship is still friendship. A precious friend is still a friend. But he said it as if it were a different 'type' of relationship, as if the category 'more than friends, less than lovers' actually exists. Which it doesn't. There's a difference between 'friends becoming lovers' and 'not friends, not lovers'.

Quote:
And speaking as someone who fell in love with my best friend of seven years and married him, I can vouch for the stage being no invention.
We've all watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S, we know that can happen. (congrats)
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:18   Link #1298
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Deep friendship is still friendship. A precious friend is still a friend. But he said it as if it were a different 'type' of relationship, as if the category 'more than friends, less than lovers' actually exists. Which it doesn't. There's a difference between 'friends becoming lovers' and 'not friends, not lovers'.
You're squeezing blood from a stone here. What Kubo said was really simple and doesn't contradict either of us. Deep friendship IS friendship but Kubo called it "more than friends." It's all semantics which if you're going to get into kanji is really REALLY complicated so, as you said before, you can't hold Kubo to absolutes here. He's being deliberately ambiguous about an ambiguous relationship in an ambigious language.
Quote:

We've all watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S, we know that can happen. (congrats)
thank you. We're very happy. Just for the record, I spent some time being in love with unattainable guys who didn't understand my peculiar hobbies and intellect and I turned around and finally noticed my Ishida Uryuu.
__________________
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:30   Link #1299
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
You're squeezing blood from a stone here. What Kubo said was really simple and doesn't contradict either of us. Deep friendship IS friendship but Kubo called it "more than friends." It's all semantics which if you're going to get into kanji is really REALLY complicated so, as you said before, you can't hold Kubo to absolutes here. He's being deliberately ambiguous about an ambiguous relationship in an ambigious language.
You're right...and you're pretty good at defending Kubo so I'll leave it there.

Quote:
thank you. We're very happy. Just for the record, I spent some time being in love with unattainable guys who didn't understand my peculiar hobbies and intellect and I turned around and finally noticed my Ishida Uryuu.
Har har. What a coincidence I spent some time goofing around and being oblivious to girls who were really hot and understood all of my peculiar hobbies, and I turned around and finally noticed my Inoue Orihime.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 14:40   Link #1300
LiviaKarv
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hey, complete newbie here - I'm just gonna jump right into the discussion and hope no one minds :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

He did named names. He was asked the nature of Ichigo's and Rukia's relationship and whether it was romantic or not. And he flat out said "NO"
No, that's not exactly correct. He was asked to talk about their bond, and he said that they were 'not just friends and not amorous either'. The 'not amorous' part could easily be interpreted as 'not lovers' - the vast majority of the fandom does interpret it that way, non-shippers included. And, you know, there's a reason why a few of the Ichiruki shippers described them as 'more than friends, less than lovers' long before this interview

Also, when asked if he had any plans to make them a couple, he chose to 'neither confirm or deny'. And I think if he wanted to kill the ship (of course he doesn't), this would've been the perfect opportunity. Certainly a hell of a lot more appropriate than on the interview for the very promotion of a movie that has Urahara smirking when Ichigo hesitantly identifies Rukia as a 'precious nakama'.

Oh, and there's also been a recent Jump Festa interview in which they asked him what he would like the fans to focus on in this third movie, and he answered "The relationship between Ichigo and Rukia. The change in their own feelings"

What could that mean? What changing feelings are those, I wonder?


Quote:
Why does Orihime has a leg up on Rukia in the romantic department? Simple, she has the desire for it. Rukia does not. And its just my opinion, but I don't think this will change.
Well, that's the thing, isn't it - Ichiruki is currently platonic and Ichihime is currently one-sided. It's the whole issue.

Personally, though - and this is where we'll go in circles, but I'll say it anyway - I believe Ichiruki has a better chance of moving forward towards the non-platonic stage of things than Ichihime has of Ichigo reciprocating Orihime's feelings. I'm pretty sure Ichigo loves Rukia, which is of course completely different than being IN love with her. You could say, for example, that Naruto loves Sasuke (heh, I still see sexual tension there but I admit to being biased) and yet they don't have much chance of becoming canon. But the fact still remains that I've seen nothing to indicate that Ichigo cares for Orihime any more or any differently than he cares for Chad or Ishida. Which is IMHO why ichiruki seems more likely - like Kubo said, their feelings are changing.


Quote:
Friendship has always been the recurring theme in Bleach its pretty much what the series is about if u want to break it down. And just going with this friendship bit, Ichigo rejecting Inoue would break that theme. I know I know, you're going "what? lol, why?", thats easy. How easy is it for the rejected to continually stay around the person that rejected, friend or not? It hurts, it brings awkwardness. It'll divide the group of friends, making it hard for them to choose who to hang out with etc.
Strangely enough, I have enough faith on the 'friendship theme' in Bleach so as to think it would not be ruined by Ichigo rejecting Orihime - assuming that she would confess, of course, which I don't think she will.

I have to say, though, I really can't stand it when people say Orihime would not be able to handle rejection. I mean I think there were some comparing her to Sybill Vane at some point - and that's just a big noooo. Orihime is a strong character and I can't see why she would not be strong enough to get over a boy and move on with her life. That's something most people have done at least once in their lives and something found in fiction often enough as well. Why do they think Orihime doesn't have that potential?

Actually, IMO, she has already shown signs of moving on. She said, on ch317, "Maybe it's impossible to feel the exact same way as someone else - but you can treasure your friends and keep them close in your heart". That's a big step for the girl that, out of her five friends, only thanked 'kurosaki-kun' for coming to save her a few chapters ago, I'd say.

I would love to discuss more about Orihime's feelings. I think there's something changing there - anyone agree? disagree?
LiviaKarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.