AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-12, 21:55   Link #1321
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
LOL. Yep because Ichigo doesn't really think that much to begin with. In SS he put saving Rukia on hold to fight Ganju. He needs to be reminded every few seconds because his memory has degenerated to the point where a goldfish is in fact a superior being.

Why do people always pick battles they can't win? I mean hakisak even tried to use the pilot to support IchiRuki. Word to the wise: focus on Ichigo and Rukia to support Ichigo and Rukia, and not Orihime Orihime Orihime.
Realy, the pilot? I just picked up the transalted Souls book the other day and There is no way it is close to a Ichigo Rukia slant. I mean it has Ichigo and Orihime admiting thier feelings for each other as well as Rukia trying to play match maker for them(again, err for the first time. I swear she is the bigest Ichigo-Orihime shipper out there). The only thing that was getting in the way of a relation ship is she died and was going to SS, which ended up never happening anyway cause Rukia screwed up and couldn't get them back in.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 23:38   Link #1322
blue skies
noch einmal?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Realy, the pilot? I just picked up the transalted Souls book the other day and There is no way it is close to a Ichigo Rukia slant. I mean it has Ichigo and Orihime admiting thier feelings for each other as well as Rukia trying to play match maker for them(again, err for the first time. I swear she is the bigest Ichigo-Orihime shipper out there). The only thing that was getting in the way of a relation ship is she died and was going to SS, which ended up never happening anyway cause Rukia screwed up and couldn't get them back in.
The pilot is so different from the manga, it doesn't even seem like Bleach. And if even I can pick up on the Ichigo/Orihime vibe, it says something. Though in the (canon) manga, I'd be hesitant to call Rukia an IchiOri shipper. I think she knows something's going on there -- at least on Inoue's part -- but she hasn't done anything in particular to push Ichigo and Orihime's relationship in a romantic direction, imho. Or at least not in my eyes. But in the pilot, I thought the way their relationship was shaping up was fairly obvious.

I'm not saying I think the pilot chapter counts for jack. I just think it's a little uhhh, bizarre that Kubo seems to have changed certain things the way he has. Or has he?
__________________
C\Users\Emily\downloads\hainesig.jpg
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:13   Link #1323
Gelos
a killjoy ^___^
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: does it matter this much to you? -____-
Age: 26
I'm definitely not an avid shipper but there are a few pairings I like:
- Ichigo/Rukia (I'm a hardheaded realist, if I was seriously into shipping, I would have given my time and mind to this one ship, they truly have an amazing relationship);
- Ichigo/Nell (for teh crack and I really, really love Nell);
- Nnoitora/Nell (their relationship has a very interesting dynamic, and for the same reason as above but + Nnoi XD);
- I also like KT/Aizen (oh, this is pure evil).

By the way, are you guys talking about Bleach pilot here? I'd like to give my two cents about it. Whatever the correct translation is, I have read Kefi's, haven't touched the RAW yet... that chapter is SO not a patch on "Death & Strawberry". When I first read the pilot, I couldn't believe it was KT's work, it's so much different from the Bleach we have now, no wonder it was rejected. It's downright crappy. XD Well, the current arc is not any better...
Gelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:17   Link #1324
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Oh Ichigo/Nel... My beloved ship. Nel where have you gone? I'm saddened that Kubo has treated you so poorly *sigh*
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:27   Link #1325
Gelos
a killjoy ^___^
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: does it matter this much to you? -____-
Age: 26
Langus, man, I'm sighing with you. +___+ I was also very disappointed by Neliel's seiyuu... I heart Nel but that voice practically made my ears bleed.
Gelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 01:08   Link #1326
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Why do people always pick battles they can't win?
Spoiler for space:


Spoiler for The rest...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This is just retarded, and I shouldn't even bother responding to this. Ok, when you're interested in someone, and you just so happen to be best friends with someone who is friends with that person of your affection. Would you not ask him/her about this person? Its such a common thing to do that this shouldn't even been brought up..
Spoiler for space:


Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Maybe I didn't explain myself thoroughly or maybe you just ignore 75% of what I said. Either way, I'll reiterate. Ichigo is protective of his friends? yes, theres no question about it. Does he see everyone as too weak that they need his protection? yes, most definately. Is he concerned about everyones feelings? that is a definate no. With no reason whatsoever, he's always concern for her feelings, sticking up for her, etc etc, look back at my other post for further detail. I'm getting a little irritated that I have to repeat what I said just recently, simply because you won't thoroughly read through what I was saying.
Spoiler for space:

Spoiler for the rest..:

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-13 at 02:10. Reason: Strike.....
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:23   Link #1327
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Spoiler for space:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you mean here is that those positions that Orihime lists (a teacher, an astronaut, (she also says she wants to open a cake shop so "baker" fits too)) are the type of jobs that children look up to. If you read the list it's very idyllic. Ask any first grader what they want to be and a good number of them will probably mention those exact jobs.

At the end of the day the girl wants to be someone people can look up to the way she looks up to Ichigo. She sees him a strong, kind, courageous and a bucketload of other admirable qualities. I think that's why she confesses that particular list of dreams to Ichigo - because out of the entire group he's the only one who would understand that need of hers.

I think the underlying subtext of the scene is pretty clear (at least to me it is). Orihime's dreams are childish, naive and idyllic. They mimic how her love for Ichigo has been up until that point. It wasn't real because there was nothing to substantiate it. Even when she had the opportunity to make it tangible with a kiss, she lacked the courage or the strength to do so. She wasn't ready to let go of her idyllic fantasy just yet. I think part of that entire scenes purpose was to show the turning point for her character, the point at which she stopped acting like a child and started acted like an adult - taking responsibility for her actions, etc.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:50   Link #1328
LiviaKarv
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi
She didn't think she could influence him like Rukia could, but proved herself wrong against Grimmjow.
I don't think Orihime can (or thinks she can) influence Ichigo the way Rukia can.

Ichigo was hurt and distracted and weakened severely by her showing fear of him in the fight against Grimmjow - that chapter was Shinji's prediction come true, after all. Her cheering him on afterwards only repaired the damage she had already caused - you can't compare it to what Rukia did on ch. 196, definitely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi
Because since her confession, in which she proclaimed five lifetimes worth of love, only a few days have passed at most. That's a pretty drastic change of heart in such a short time-span.
That's a good point, but I didn't mean to say there have been any drastic changes - I think it seems to be the start of a process, is all. When she came to HM, Orihime didn't seem to think people would risk their lives for her - she didn't seem to know she meant that much to them. She would do anything for her friends, but I think all of her issues with self-hatred have kept her from realizing that this goes both ways. When she did realize it, it changed everything and it's possible that yes, it made her a little more comfortable with the idea of not having her feelings reciprocated. She said something along those lines in her speech, didn't she? Even if she doesn't feel the same way as someone else, she still has her friends - the way I see it, she seems to think maybe that's enough, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
We know next to nothing on Ichigo's side of things. The only thing we do know is he likes stroking his bankai. The only way to know is for him to find out. Plain and simple. Having Inoue not confess is the same as having her regress back to how she was at the beginning. Then what would be the point of these past nearly 3 and half years for Inoue in the series?
Well, there's a lot more to Inoue than her love for Ichigo. I agree that her feelings need some kind of closure, but having them resolved would not be the same as resolving her whole character. More importantly than anything, Orihime needs to mature, learn to stand up for herself, become more self-confident, grow individually.

What I think is happening is that her feelings are holding her back in some ways - and that is why they need resolving. But a confession would not be the only way to make that happen. IMHO, her feelings are very likely to be simply left behind gradually as she grows and matures - ch 317 seems to fit nicely with that theory, doesn't it?

And as for knowing nothing on Ichigo's side...well, I could use that same logic to prove the possibility of a Ichigo/Hanatarou pairing. Ichigo just may be in love with Hanatarou - who can prove me wrong? We have never been shown what Ichigo's thoughts of him are, for all we know there could be love there. All anyone can really do is point out that I have no evidence to support my theory.

IMO Ichigo could still develop romantic feelings for Inoue, but I can't see how he would already have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
I wouldn't jump to any conclusion if I were you. There's no definitive, only assumptions up to this point. And saying Ichigo treats Inoue like Chad and Ishida is turning a blind eye on everything that has happened to this point. Ulq. will continue to use Inoue to antagonize Ichigo, that much is a dead giveaway. We can't predict what will happen though, but I'm certain Kubo won't disappoint. Physically its a fight between the two guys, but mentally and emotionally it'll be between Ichigo and Inoue.
Could you please point out where Ichigo has done something for Inoue that he wouldn't do for Chad or Ishida?

I could probably show you how Ichigo has singled Rukia out in various occasions. He didn't want to split up because he was worried about her - and he has no reason to think she's the weakest one of the group, since he knows she pwned D Roy, and then she saved him from Grimmjow with what he himself noted to be "an awesome power". Then he did a 180o turn when he felt her reiatsu go down, as he hadn't for Chad, arguably his best friend. There can only be one explanation as to why he did all those things - she's the one who means the most to him. But, who knows, it may not have romantic undertones at all - I can only go as far as thinking it probably means something when, in the so-called Nakama arc, Ichigo puts one 'nakama' above all the others (complimenting nicely what Orihime said about Rukia being more than a nakama to him).

As for chapter 340, I kind of think it says more about Ulquiorra than it does about Ichigo. Ulquiorra seems to have some sort of detached interest in...human nature?...I think it's been sort of like a three-year-old with a remote control. He just goes around pressing buttons one at a time for no other reason then to 'see what happens': "Did you get stronger so you could fight Grimmjow? *button number one* Did you do it for that woman? *button number two* "or did you do it for all the others down there?" *button number 3*

lol, anyway, maybe you're right and it does mean something - we'll have to wait for the next couple of chapters, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus
I think the underlying subtext of the scene is pretty clear (at least to me it is). Orihime's dreams are childish, naive and idyllic. They mimic how her love for Ichigo has been up until that point. It wasn't real because there was nothing to substantiate it. Even when she had the opportunity to make it tangible with a kiss, she lacked the courage or the strength to do so. She wasn't ready to let go of her idyllic fantasy just yet. I think part of that entire scenes purpose was to show the turning point for her character, the point at which she stopped acting like a child and started acted like an adult - taking responsibility for her actions, etc.
*nod nod* I agree whole heartedly.

Oh, and Nel's seiyuu does suck

P.S: I'm feeling a tad bit insecure about my english today guys - not my native language, just so you know.
LiviaKarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:58   Link #1329
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviaKarv View Post
I don't think Orihime can (or thinks she can) influence Ichigo the way Rukia can.

Ichigo was hurt and distracted and weakened severely by her showing fear of him in the fight against Grimmjow - that chapter was Shinji's prediction come true, after all. Her cheering him on afterwards only repaired the damage she had already caused - you can't compare it to what Rukia did on ch. 196, definitely not.
Ah, 'cause Orihime dealt the damage in the first place, it's somehow less significant. I hear that a lot...but I don't buy it. The only reason you can't compare it to what Rukia did is because Orihime and Rukia influence him in their own way. I could of course say that in Orihime's case he overcame a much tougher opponent thanks to her, if you want to take it further. But overall it's no suprise we're seeing that since it's Orihime's main goal, and Rangiku said she can and will influence Ichigo to the same extent in her own unique way.

Spoiler for manga scans:


Quote:
That's a good point, but I didn't mean to say there have been any drastic changes - I think it seems to be the start of a process, is all. When she came to HM, Orihime didn't seem to think people would risk their lives for her - she didn't seem to know she meant that much to them. She would do anything for her friends, but I think all of her issues with self-hatred have kept her from realizing that this goes both ways. When she did realize it, it changed everything and it's possible that yes, it made her a little more comfortable with the idea of not having her feelings reciprocated. She said something along those lines in her speech, didn't she? Even if she doesn't feel the same way as someone else, she still has her friends - the way I see it, she seems to think maybe that's enough, for now.
It's possible she meant that in her speech, it's hugely open to interpretation. But why would increasing her self-worth suddenly lead her give up on Ichigo? Wouldn't it make her feel more confident to express herself?

Hakisak, I'll respond to you when I get a moment (or ten).
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:39   Link #1330
Gelos
a killjoy ^___^
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: does it matter this much to you? -____-
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi
Ah, 'cause Orihime dealt the damage in the first place, it's somehow less significant. I hear that a lot...but I don't buy it. The only reason you can't compare it to what Rukia did is because Orihime and Rukia influence him in their own way. I could of course say that in Orihime's case he overcame a much tougher opponent thanks to her, if you want to take it further. But overall it's no suprise we're seeing that since it's Orihime's main goal, and Rangiku said she can and will influence Ichigo to the same extent in her own unique way.
The trans you've posted is quite inaccurate. Rangiku was talking about Ichigo needing all of his friends to support him, not about Orihime's unique bond with him/effect on him. XD
Ichigo won the battle with Grimmjow after remembering all of his friends too, by the way. I don't believe that Orihime's cheering made him win. In that scene we could see that Orihime doesn't really understand Ichigo. Ichigo fights to WIN and doesn't see the point of "just fighting/living". To put it frankly, Orihime's words were heartfelt... but weak and uncertain. So, Ichigo won because of his desire to win and protect all of his friends.
Hmmm... this leads to a conclusion that that so called "moment of influence" was meant for Orihime alone, for her character's development. She forgot what for she'd come to HM because she got scared of a bad-ass Ichigo. XD Her reaction to the mask obviously did not thrill Ichigo, it hurt him... while she'd gone to HM to protect her friends. With Nel's help she tried to help (aw, tautology) but failed. Ichigo got hurt again. And again. And again. But he won and both Nel and Orihime were unhurt, that's what matters the most.
Gelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:45   Link #1331
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Ah, 'cause Orihime dealt the damage in the first place, it's somehow less significant. I hear that a lot...but I don't buy it. The only reason you can't compare it to what Rukia did is because Orihime and Rukia influence him in their own way. I could of course say that in Orihime's case he overcame a much tougher opponent thanks to her, if you want to take it further. But overall it's no suprise we're seeing that since it's Orihime's main goal, and Rangiku said she can and will influence Ichigo to the same extent in her own unique way.

Spoiler for manga scans:

Not commenting on the ongoing discussion but just have to remark on the scanlation you chose, Kakashi--it's a well-known hugely shipper-biased mistranslation of the text. Here's Manga Rain's accurate translation which includes no mention of Ichigo's "bond" with Orihime--in fact, the Japanese in that very panel has Matsumoto congratulating Orihime for facing up to her jealousy.

Spoiler for spoiler scans:
__________________

Last edited by debbiechan; 2009-01-13 at 12:58.
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 12:56   Link #1332
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you mean here is that those positions that Orihime lists (a teacher, an astronaut, (she also says she wants to open a cake shop so "baker" fits too)) are the type of jobs that children look up to. If you read the list it's very idyllic. Ask any first grader what they want to be and a good number of them will probably mention those exact jobs.

At the end of the day the girl wants to be someone people can look up to the way she looks up to Ichigo. She sees him a strong, kind, courageous and a bucketload of other admirable qualities. I think that's why she confesses that particular list of dreams to Ichigo - because out of the entire group he's the only one who would understand that need of hers.

I think the underlying subtext of the scene is pretty clear (at least to me it is). Orihime's dreams are childish, naive and idyllic. They mimic how her love for Ichigo has been up until that point. It wasn't real because there was nothing to substantiate it. Even when she had the opportunity to make it tangible with a kiss, she lacked the courage or the strength to do so. She wasn't ready to let go of her idyllic fantasy just yet. I think part of that entire scenes purpose was to show the turning point for her character, the point at which she stopped acting like a child and started acted like an adult - taking responsibility for her actions, etc.



Basically that's what I meant. It just sounds so much better in your post


@Liv...I agree with you
Ulq's is questioning why Ichigo fights. Is it Orihime alone or All of them that motivates Ichigo? Ulquiorra has shown curiosity about human emotions. He seems to want an understanding of the bonds of friendship and love. I don't think he is really taunting him. He's just speaking matter of factly and he's analytical. Ichigo is full of pride so it's as if Ulq is stepping on it. When frankly I think that sort of thing is beneath Ulq. Also Ulq...thinks Ichigo is trash so it's like "Wow?! You improved that much? How... sorta thing...

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-13 at 13:15.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:29   Link #1333
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviaKarv View Post
I don't think Orihime can (or thinks she can) influence Ichigo the way Rukia can.

Ichigo was hurt and distracted and weakened severely by her showing fear of him in the fight against Grimmjow - that chapter was Shinji's prediction come true, after all. Her cheering him on afterwards only repaired the damage she had already caused - you can't compare it to what Rukia did on ch. 196, definitely not.
Uh.... this is awkward... Ichigo was depressed about how he couldn't say anything to Inoue. Rukia steps in and makes him feel more confident and went back to be able to say something to her. Kind of like a best friend stepping in to help repair a bf and gf who couldn't talk to each other after a fight or something. But hey, fine by me if you like it.

The whole Grimmjow thing was completely different. He regained / increased his confidence so Inoue wouldn't cry/worry about him. With the ch.196, it was a reminder that he shouldn't be a little bitch and man up. completely different mindset and situation.

Quote:

That's a good point, but I didn't mean to say there have been any drastic changes - I think it seems to be the start of a process, is all. When she came to HM, Orihime didn't seem to think people would risk their lives for her - she didn't seem to know she meant that much to them. She would do anything for her friends, but I think all of her issues with self-hatred have kept her from realizing that this goes both ways. When she did realize it, it changed everything and it's possible that yes, it made her a little more comfortable with the idea of not having her feelings reciprocated. She said something along those lines in her speech, didn't she? Even if she doesn't feel the same way as someone else, she still has her friends - the way I see it, she seems to think maybe that's enough, for now.
I've said this numerous times, Inoue observes how other people treat each other, particularly Ichigo, but is completely blind to how people view/treat her.

Quote:

Well, there's a lot more to Inoue than her love for Ichigo. I agree that her feelings need some kind of closure, but having them resolved would not be the same as resolving her whole character. More importantly than anything, Orihime needs to mature, learn to stand up for herself, become more self-confident, grow individually.

What I think is happening is that her feelings are holding her back in some ways - and that is why they need resolving. But a confession would not be the only way to make that happen. IMHO, her feelings are very likely to be simply left behind gradually as she grows and matures - ch 317 seems to fit nicely with that theory, doesn't it?
*facepalm* not gonna argue this again, I'm not about to repeat what I just said a day ago.

Quote:

And as for knowing nothing on Ichigo's side...well, I could use that same logic to prove the possibility of a Ichigo/Hanatarou pairing. Ichigo just may be in love with Hanatarou - who can prove me wrong? We have never been shown what Ichigo's thoughts of him are, for all we know there could be love there. All anyone can really do is point out that I have no evidence to support my theory.
I did say Ichigo is ambiguously gay right?

Quote:

IMO Ichigo could still develop romantic feelings for Inoue, but I can't see how he would already have them.
Who said he did?

Quote:

Could you please point out where Ichigo has done something for Inoue that he wouldn't do for Chad or Ishida?
*facepalm* times two

Quote:

I could probably show you how Ichigo has singled Rukia out in various occasions. He didn't want to split up because he was worried about her - and he has no reason to think she's the weakest one of the group, since he knows she pwned D Roy, and then she saved him from Grimmjow with what he himself noted to be "an awesome power". Then he did a 180o turn when he felt her reiatsu go down, as he hadn't for Chad, arguably his best friend. There can only be one explanation as to why he did all those things - she's the one who means the most to him. But, who knows, it may not have romantic undertones at all - I can only go as far as thinking it probably means something when, in the so-called Nakama arc, Ichigo puts one 'nakama' above all the others (complimenting nicely what Orihime said about Rukia being more than a nakama to him).
Oh Sherlock, guess what, she got OHKO'd with a fist to the gut by Grimmjow. OHKO doesn't make you think "Oh she's reliable, I don't have to worry." It means, "WTH you noob! you shouldn't be here!"

And Ichigo didn't try to go back to save her when he felt her drop in Reiatsu, its when Emo Clown said she's dead, and convincingly at that. "The guy she killed has a special abilities that lets us experience what he does" blah blah. It wasn't "she dead" and he runs off. It required convincing. He was about to trust her the way he trusted Chad to stay alive.


Quote:

As for chapter 340, I kind of think it says more about Ulquiorra than it does about Ichigo. Ulquiorra seems to have some sort of detached interest in...human nature?...I think it's been sort of like a three-year-old with a remote control. He just goes around pressing buttons one at a time for no other reason then to 'see what happens': "Did you get stronger because of your could fight Grimmjow? *button number one* Did you do it for that woman? *button number two* "or did you do it for all the others down there?" *button number 3*

lol, anyway, maybe you're right and it does mean something - we'll have to wait for the next couple of chapters, I guess.



*nod nod* I agree whole heartedly.

Oh, and Nel's seiyuu does suck

P.S: I'm feeling a tad bit insecure about my english today guys - not my native language, just so you know.
Fix'd

And as mentioned before, Emo clown was trying to find which one it was that would get the most rise out of him. And Orihime was the key he needed to piss Ichigo off.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:43   Link #1334
Warchef
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Uh.... this is awkward... Ichigo was depressed about how he couldn't say anything to Inoue. Rukia steps in and makes him feel more confident and went back to be able to say something to her. Kind of like a best friend stepping in to help repair a bf and gf who couldn't talk to each other after a fight or something. But hey, fine by me if you like it.
This is where it helps to read.... He/She was referring to the Grimmjow fight in HM, not to the whole emo!Ichigo after the first Ulqui/Yami encounter.

Quote:
The whole Grimmjow thing was completely different. He regained / increased his confidence so Inoue wouldn't cry/worry about him. With the ch.196, it was a reminder that he shouldn't be a little bitch and man up. completely different mindset and situation.
It was more of Inoue's confidence in Ichigo increasing. After all, she was completely scared witless upon seeing his mask. Ichigo was hurt, and once he got reassurance from Inoue, he was fine. He didn't increase anything in response to her fear, it was HER getting over the fear that set things straight.


Quote:
Oh Sherlock, guess what, she got OHKO'd with a fist to the gut by Grimmjow. OHKO doesn't make you think "Oh she's reliable, I don't have to worry." It means, "WTH you noob! you shouldn't be here!"
Lol? They didn't even know Grimmjow was THERE until after Rukia had defeated D-Roy and they were "goofing" around. It took about 30 secs from his appearance for him to gut Rukia. It's completely false to go around assuming that Ichigo was thinking "Omg Rukia shouldn't even be here!" when he had just seen her emerge from a fight with an enemy unscathed with her zanpakuto.

Quote:
And Ichigo didn't try to go back to save her when he felt her drop in Reiatsu, its when Emo Clown said she's dead, and convincingly at that. "The guy she killed has a special abilities that lets us experience what he does" blah blah. It wasn't "she dead" and he runs off. It required convincing. He was about to trust her the way he trusted Chad to stay alive.
Grasping for straws? We only have what ACTUALLY happened in the manga to go on. Making the assumption that he was going to leave her to her own devices like he left Chad is well...wrong.

Also, he was in complete and utter shock that Rukia had been killed, especially after he had gotten the lecture from her and Renji about worrying about her. You can't exactly coherently think when someone that's arguably the closest to you in your gang of friends goes from completely healthy 30 minutes prior to near death. The whole point is, he was willing to put the rescue on hold to go to her.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:44   Link #1335
mebidtt13
木田.和也
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hueco Mundo xD
Age: 21
Gin x Rangiku
Shunsui x Nanao

And maybe also...

Ichigo x Neliel? xD
__________________
mebidtt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:25   Link #1336
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
Not commenting on the ongoing discussion but just have to remark on the scanlation you chose, Kakashi--it's a well-known hugely shipper-biased mistranslation of the text.
I didn't exactly chose it, I mean there isn't much variety on onemanga. But yeah, thanks for ruining my speech.
Now I'll have to deconstruct, and then reconstruct...oh fuck cba.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:56   Link #1337
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I didn't exactly chose it, I mean there isn't much variety on onemanga. But yeah, thanks for ruining my speech.
Now I'll have to deconstruct, and then reconstruct...oh fuck cba.
If there is anyone that can do it; its you Kakashi. I HAVE FAITH BROTHER!!!
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:31   Link #1338
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchef View Post
Also, he was in complete and utter shock that Rukia had been killed, especially after he had gotten the lecture from her and Renji about worrying about her. You can't exactly coherently think when someone that's arguably the closest to you in your gang of friends goes from completely healthy 30 minutes prior to near death. The whole point is, he was willing to put the rescue on hold to go to her.
He was also in blantant and utter denial. It was his need to confirm it with his own eyes.His desire to see her, and his worry over losing her. Was greater than his desire to save Orihime. It's not that he didn't trust her to live. He couldn't accept that she didn't live.

That is the one thing about that situation, the Ichihime camp is in total denial about.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:38   Link #1339
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Uh I'll debate later, but wouldn't you go to a friend who was dying instead of one who is still safe? It makes perfect sense to me. And I don't know why people bring that point up. He pretty much ditched a dying a Rukia to save Orihime anyways, so why do people argue there? His reiatsu was seeking ORIHIME instead of a dying Rukia, which some people keep denying also. But I guess it doesn't mean anything. =/

links removed by moderator!

It was emphasized more in the anime.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2009-01-14 at 01:45. Reason: licensed manga
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:54   Link #1340
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Uh I'll debate later, but wouldn't you go to a friend who was dying instead of one who is still safe? It makes perfect sense to me. And I don't know why people bring that point up. He pretty much ditched a dying a Rukia to save Orihime anyways, so why do people argue there? His reiatsu was seeking ORIHIME instead of a dying Rukia, which some people keep denying also. But I guess it doesn't mean anything. =/

links removed by moderator!

It was emphasized more in the anime.
Your argument is flawed.

Then why didn't he go to Chad? If it's just a "friend who is dying" Why did he continue forward after he felt Chad's reiatsu dwindle down to next-to-nothing?

How come it was Rukia that made him forget about Orihime? How come he only turned around for her? He felt her go down and he stops and recoils in horror. I bet that even if Ulquiorra hadn't shown up at that exact same moment. He would have turned around anyway.
EDIT: Silly goose. That is just the chapter cover...it's for artistic purposes...the second page is the same thing...
His reiastu was not seeking Orihime. That was just to illustrate she could feel it. Rukia felt him as well in SS. His reiastu couldn't have sought her...because she was surrounded by lethality stone. ( Keeps out and drains you of your reiatsu) He didn't ditch a dying Rukia. Ulquiorra wouldn't let him pass. Then he got taken out and when he revived GJ wanted to fight him. He had to fight anyway. Unlike with Ulquiorra. GJ had hurt someone he loved. So he wanted to fight him. He realized Ulquiorra was taunting him when he said Orihime's name. Orihime is a friend so he got mad in her stead. (Your argument works both ways) After the fight was over what did he say? "I have to save Rukia and Chad"

How you can possibly believe Orihime has a greater chance than Rukia. Because he hasn't said out loud whether he likes her or not. Is beyond me...
It should occur to you that. He's never said it because he doesn't feel anything past friendship. He has said how he feels abou Rukia. That Rukia has a greater chance since she's closer to the goal post. Whereas Orihime hasn't even started the game yet. Hell she's not even on the team. *Still in try-outs"

P.S...The anime doesn't count. Once they buy the rights they are allowed to change anything they want to. (Remove those links or you will get a ban. You can't link to sites that host manga. Copy and upload to imageshack or TinyPic)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2009-01-14 at 01:46. Reason: Don't quote links to licensed manga!
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.