AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-12-30, 11:46   Link #41
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, there is absolutely no way for them not to rush the last episode, since they have almost a volume-worth of material to cover.

However you look at it, the thing's probably going to look too hasty and undeveloped.

I've read Omni's and Garten's reviews of the last ep, and I will reserve judgement untill I see it... but it sounds a bit disappointing, considering the way this series rocked.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 17:38   Link #42
howzitboy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
thats why im always fraid to read forums bout series still in progress. theres always some idiot who will come in and tell us the ending (from the manga) and ruin the series.
even when someone says "but it sounds a bit disappointing, considering the way this series rocked.", it ruins it for me *sigh*
howzitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 00:44   Link #43
kismis
Rabid Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by howzitboy
even when someone says "but it sounds a bit disappointing, considering the way this series rocked.", it ruins it for me *sigh*
i know what you mean. its like, oh god, the ending's gonna suck.

but look on the bright side, someone's version of a "disappointing ending" might not be the same for you.
__________________
kismis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 03:12   Link #44
kron
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
the last ep wasn't done that badly. a little rushed perhaps but perfectly realistic. i kinda liked it.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 15:10   Link #45
sanada_kikyo
Bakakozou Founder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between Heaven, Hell, and over the Rainbow
I disagree. I thought that the last eps was too rushed, and the viewers lost a lot of information in the process. The last eps skipped some critical character developments from the side characters: Arashi and Miyako, as well as some internal issues that George and Yukari had dealt with. I usually don't get wrapped up about an anime - because it's an anime; however, I did enjoy this one immensely, up until the end. It wasn't something that made me cry, but it did ignite a feeling that we all can relate to if we have ever loved.

I didn't like the ending in the manga nor in the anime...

spoiler...





Of course everyone wants Yukari to be with George in the end - it's only natural. I liked how she decided to stay, but I don't believe that she was being honest with herself. All right, I'm just bitter, since I do think that George is one of the coolest characters that I have seen. I was just hoping that they would have worked something out...he did love her, and I think that she was the only person that he has ever loved (don't know about the future).
sanada_kikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 15:22   Link #46
100%Wool
Emo Death God
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
I'm probably not quite up-to-date on this (I don't download anime, but watch it at a local club).

For some reason, while I think Para Kiss is quite watchable, I just can't like it. I found some scenes quite disturbing for a mainsteam anime and the story doesn't seem to be progressing. Take this with a pinch of salt; I can totally understand why people like the series, but it doesn't quite work for me.
100%Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 22:14   Link #47
kron
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanada_kikyo
I disagree. I thought that the last eps was too rushed, and the viewers lost a lot of information in the process. The last eps skipped some critical character developments from the side characters: Arashi and Miyako, as well as some internal issues that George and Yukari had dealt with. I usually don't get wrapped up about an anime - because it's an anime; however, I did enjoy this one immensely, up until the end. It wasn't something that made me cry, but it did ignite a feeling that we all can relate to if we have ever loved.

I didn't like the ending in the manga nor in the anime...

spoiler...





Of course everyone wants Yukari to be with George in the end - it's only natural. I liked how she decided to stay, but I don't believe that she was being honest with herself. All right, I'm just bitter, since I do think that George is one of the coolest characters that I have seen. I was just hoping that they would have worked something out...he did love her, and I think that she was the only person that he has ever loved (don't know about the future).
in reality, 99% of the people would choose to stay anyway and it makes the ending a bit more 'bitter sweet' rather than your average happy ending.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 22:17   Link #48
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I won't repeat the fact that the last episode is terribly rushed. It is. But here are some other random musings regarding the end.

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 01:52   Link #49
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 06:01   Link #50
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
This is were I was disappointed...

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 10:25   Link #51
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
This is were I was disappointed...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 12:34   Link #52
sanada_kikyo
Bakakozou Founder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between Heaven, Hell, and over the Rainbow


Sweet! I'm going to use this one in my forums. Thanks!!!!
sanada_kikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 18:55   Link #53
setsuka
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
ugh,

Spoiler:
setsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 10:32   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Rushed is the word -- for the whole series, not just the last ep -- but I still loved it. I loved it, but it was not nearly as good as Honey & Clover, MrProphet.
Spoiler for final episode:
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 12:54   Link #55
brightredglow
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I started watching Paradise Kiss on a whim. I didn't expect much from it and it surprised me enough by episode 8 that I sought out the manga.

Given what I've seen of the reviews from ParaKiss12 and that I've read the manga, I think I'll pass on watching the last two episodes for one reason (see end of "spoiler").

However, I do have give credit to where it is due and I will recommend this manga and anime to anyone who wants to listen to me.

If I had a choice, I would choose Honey & Clover over Paradise Kiss every time. However, it is unfair to compare ParaKiss to Honey & Clover just because ParaKiss is also shoujo/yosei and took H&C's time slot.

The reason it is unfair to compare them is because ParaKiss will always be lacking because in the end, while I prefer H&C, I can acknowledge that ParaKiss actually takes a harder road. In Honey & Clover, the characters were likable so following their journey(s) was easier and more palatable. But in ParaKiss, George and Yukari were not particularly likable to me. George constantly played with Yukari's head. Yukari bought into the game and ended up miserable as much as happy. The reader/viewer knows the outcome before they even get to the first "I love you...I think I love you...Maybe I love you."

And yet, I found myself caring about what happened to them because in spite of the flamboyant backdrop of the story, the theme of first love and heartbreak and finding yourself is basic and universal. That Paradise Kiss actually pulled off that melancholy and bittersweet time in a way that was honest and unflinching is pretty darn brilliant if you ask me and both manga writer and anime production team deserve kudos for trying pull it off (and succeeding to a very large degree).

Spoiler:
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 12:59   Link #56
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cardboard Box
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightredglow
Spoiler:
Can't wait to see this then. I haven't read the manga but from what you say, if it does end off on a genuine note, it's better that way. I'd want a serene ending than something from a fairy tale.
__________________
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 15:11   Link #57
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Rushed is the word -- for the whole series, not just the last ep -- but I still loved it. I loved it, but it was not nearly as good as Honey & Clover, MrProphet.
It's a matter of taste. Hachikuro was livelier and funnier, but Parakiss was prettier and more emotional. In addition, the emotional conflicts in Parakiss all got resolved in the end and it only took them 12 episodes, while with Hachikuro all emotional conflicts were left hanging...

Certainly, Parakiss benefits from a closed-ended manga, but if we just compare one to another, I choose Paradise kiss.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:04   Link #58
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Certainly, Parakiss benefits from a closed-ended manga, but if we just compare one to another, I choose Paradise kiss.
I would too, even though the rushed ending confused me a bit.
-not enough context maybe. left me guessing alot. The first three episodes
were inebriating.

H&C was soft, sunny, but inconclusive and a bit safe.
I still watched it all the way through, but it was hard to get too excited about it.

Anyone know what the next noitanima is ?
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:33   Link #59
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Yeah, it's going to be a horror story (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27230).

But it's going to be short (just 3 episodes), so perhaps we'll go back to a jousei-style anime soon after that.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 17:01   Link #60
DaFool
Resident devil
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philippines
I sure hope they keep or expand the noitanima slot. The strengths of the shows that ran --- directed akin to live-action j-drama rather than otaku anime --- are its very curse --- why animate it even and why not just make a live-action drama?
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.