AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Old 2006-07-24, 14:01   Link #601
NeoSam

The site for the seinen anime TOKYO TRIBE 2 has opened:

http://www.tt2-anime.com/

Genre: Seinen, Drama

Its starting in November 2006.

I already mentioned the anime in this post.
TOKYO TRIBE 2 manga is serialized in a fashion magazine for young men thats called Boon (seinen fashion magazine). Boon is not a manga magazine.
Old 2006-07-24, 17:43   Link #602
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Manga Announcements from San Diego Comic Con
At the recent San Diego Comic Con, Manga Entertainment announced that it is co-producing a new anime series with Studio APPP (Honey & Clover, Risky Safety). The new anime is described as a sci-fi adventure set in fedual Japan and featuring a large female cast surrounding one male protagonist.
Well, they didn't have to have that big description.

My version of the description (more to the point): "The new anime is described as a harem sci-fi adventure set in fedual Japan".

Now thats more correct and to the point
Old 2006-07-24, 17:59   Link #603
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
"harem sci-fi adventure set in fedual Japan".
I like harem, I like sci-fi, and I like historical settings. I don't like the feeling that the series concept came from looking at what's popular, then throwing it all into a blender without regard to how they would work together, and that's exactly what I'm getting here... Well, I'll still probably end up watching it...
Old 2006-07-25, 12:27   Link #604
Kisuke06
I see...

So, Nippon Animation is producing the anime Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette, based on the book Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. It will have 52 episodes.

A little about the book:

Quote:
Les Misérables is set in the Parisian underworld. The protagonist, Jean Valjean, is sentenced to prison for 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread. After his release, Valjean plans to rob monseigneur Myriel, a saintlike bishop, but cancels his plan. However, he forfeits his parole by committing a minor crime, and for this crime Valjean is haunted by the police inspector Javert. Valjean eventually reforms and becomes under the name of M. Madeleine a successful businessman, benefactor and mayor of a northern town. To save an innocent man, Valjean gives himself up and is imprisoned in Toulon. He escapes and adopts Cosette, an illegitimate child of a poor woman, Fantine. Cosette grows up and falls in love with Marius, who is wounded during a revolutionary fight. Valjean rescues Marius by means of a flight through the sewers of Paris. Cosette and Marius marries and Valjean reveals his past.

http://www.online-literature.com/vic...es_miserables/
Old 2006-07-25, 13:55   Link #605
mangafanatic

Les Miserable. The Anime. If someone will put some serious funding into this project-- it could be incredible. Mind bogglingly incredible.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this.
Old 2006-07-26, 07:01   Link #606
eggplant
Eggplant

As per NeoSam's post from before, the official site for the anime Lovedol~Lovely Idol~ has opened. The program will air from fall.

The character designs are extremely similar to that of the Nishimata Aoi manga, and casting is comprised of top notch seiyuu, including a reunion from Magikano (Nogawa Sakura/Nakahara Mai/Sakai Kanako) and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (Gotou Yuuko/Chihara Minori).

Could turn out to be another Lemon Angel Project, but the characters look pretty good. Along with Kanon, Otoboku, happiness, Tokimemo, and Gift, looks like the autumn season will be packed with moe bishoujo anime.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 19:06   Link #607
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Could turn out to be another Lemon Angel Project, but the characters look pretty good. Along with Kanon, Otoboku, happiness, Tokimemo, and Gift, looks like the autumn season will be packed with moe bishoujo anime.
Many of them according to MoonPhase are starting in October 2006
I declare October 2006 to be the bishoujo anime month

Here are the bishoujo anime that are starting in October 2006 and their threads:

Gift ~Gift~ eternal rainbow
Happiness!
Kanon
Love Doll ~Lovely Idol~
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na

Yeah, 6 anime based on bishoujo games are starting this october
>.< no thread for Love Doll ~Lovely Idol~ yet >.<
Old 2006-07-27, 01:01   Link #608
Tsukishirou

LOL OMG! A Keroppi anime! I´ve always loved Keroppi... tough in the HP he looks weird... so the Maimero anime is going to end and Keroppi is going to take it´s place?
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 14:27   Link #609
NeoSam

And more anime:

==========

ルパン三世 セブンデイズ・ラプソディ
Lupin 3rd Seven Days Rhapsody

Broadcast: September 2006

http://www.ntv.co.jp/kinro/lupin-3rd/

==========

銀色のオリンシス
Gin-iro no Olynsis

Broadcast: October 2006

Based on a seinen light novel thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) magazine Dengeki Maoh.
For now there are no volumes released of this seinen light novel.

Genre: Seinen

==========

ToHeart2

A plan for another anime.

Based on a bishoujo game.

Genre: Seinen, Romance

==========

Dengeki Maoh is a magazine thats aimed at male otakus that contains info about games, manga and light novel serializations.

They are planning another ToHeart2 anime Yay

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-07-28 at 10:48.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 14:42   Link #610
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
ToHeart2

A plan for another anime.

Based on a bishoujo game.

Genre: Seinen, Romance

==========
They are planning another ToHeart2 anime Yay
Hopefully a plan that includes a lot more Tama-nee !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-07-28, 10:24   Link #611
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
So, Nippon Animation is producing the anime Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette, based on the book Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. It will have 52 episodes.
.....*rubs eyes*

Orgasmic. With 52 episodes, it has the potential to be like...one of the best. Ever.

Any news on the release period? Or release year?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 10:46   Link #612
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan

A little about the book:

After butchering Le comte de Montecristo, de Alexandre Dumas now they are going to butcher Les Miserables, de Victor Hugo. God i wish they would let those masterpiece alone and not revise them to match the taste of japanese audience. i still feel hate toward Gankutsuou for the LAME adaptation they did...
For the sake of every writers alive of dead STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MASTER PIECE.
I might be wrong, they might actually respect the story in every aspect but i sincerly doubt.
Old 2006-07-28, 10:48   Link #613
NeoSam

Quote:
==========

銀色のオリンシス
Gin-iro no Orinshisu (Orinshisu --> Orin System ???)

==========
>.< Ok according to AnimeNfo its:

銀色のオリンシス
Gin-iro no Olynsis

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy

I have corrected my previous post (but I hope AnimeNfo are right about this >.< ).
Old 2006-07-28, 11:04   Link #614
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
After butchering Le comte de Montecristo, de Alexandre Dumas now they are going to butcher Les Miserables, de Victor Hugo. God i wish they would let those masterpiece alone and not revise them to match the taste of japanese audience. i still feel hate toward Gankutsuou for the LAME adaptation they did...
For the sake of every writers alive of dead STAY AWAY FROM THEIR MASTER PIECE.
I might be wrong, they might actually respect the story in every aspect but i sincerly doubt.
I've always thought that Les Miserables is one of the finer masterpiece to be adapted into animation/movie/media/whatever. It has a unique simplicity that makes it easy to convey the story and the characters in fine layers, unlike a flop adapted from one of the hardest-to-adapt literatures called Earthsea.

Though the title, Shoujo Cossete does make me VERY wary of the series's central figurehead. To me at least, what makes Les Miserables so appealing behind it's wonderfully crafted characters and themes is the character of Jean Valjean himself.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:17   Link #615
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I've always thought that Les Miserables is one of the finer masterpiece to be adapted into animation/movie/media/whatever. It has a unique simplicity that makes it easy to convey the story and the characters in fine layers, unlike a flop adapted from one of the hardest-to-adapt literatures called Earthsea.

Though the title, Shoujo Cossete does make me VERY wary of the series's central figurehead. To me at least, what makes Les Miserables so appealing behind it's wonderfully crafted characters and themes is the character of Jean Valjean himself.

I can easely understand why one can want to see Les Miserable adapted into an anime or a movie, but i sincerly think that book can never be outmatch by any adaptation.
I have yet to see a movie a serie or an anime that is better than the orignal book.
I m really scared of what they are going to do with that show. wait and see... but i m almost sure it will disappoint me. shoujo cossette just the title scares me. Les Miserable is too complex to be adapted properly for some kid audience. Like i said wait and see...
Old 2006-07-28, 12:47   Link #616
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
I can easely understand why one can want to see Les Miserable adapted into an anime or a movie, but i sincerly think that book can never be outmatch by any adaptation.
Does it have to? If it's good, it's good, if it's bad, it's bad. Isn't that all that matters?
Quote:
Les Miserable is too complex to be adapted properly for some kid audience.
Now you're just underestimating children.
Old 2006-07-28, 17:45   Link #617
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Well i in a way do care, since Les Miserable is one of the best book and i love Readingm awsome story, excellent writting quality, and also because i m french therefore i m in a way thinking that this story belong to us (french peeps) it s like our heritage (very subjective).
Let s face it Le Comte de Montecristo is a story about hatred and a harsh vengeance, they dumb it down in gankutsuou. Les Miserables is also a hard story therefore i m very worried at how they will soften some part.
I have enought years of anime experience to know that they will probably dumb down the show. Like i say i might be wrong, we need to wait and see.

I d rather have them write some new innovative story rather than adapting litterature stories and detorriating them. We only get the same kind of story everytime (cliche archetype etc etc) or adaptation of old litterature novels

Sorry when it comes to litterature i m very picky :x
Old 2006-07-28, 18:00   Link #618
Kisuke06
I see...

About the anime Les Misérables, there isn't a release date yet and the story will focus on Cosette, not on Jean Valjean, that's why the name is Les Misérable - Shoujo Cosette.
Old 2006-07-29, 22:47   Link #619
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Any anime based on a literary classic will either be incredibly great or fail like birdcrap. It's got too many expectations riding on it to be able to satisfy them all--and if it does, that's a hell of an achievement.

I think Mssr. Damien is taking this a bit too seriously, but on the other hand, he has a point, since this is something that might be a bit difficult to translate into visuals properly without going too far on one end of bad to the other. That said, I think we should do the sane, sensible thing and wait until the actual product is released. No point in making gross observations on a title and promo poster.
Old 2006-07-31, 19:40   Link #620
NeoSam

The site for HANOKA has opened:

HANOKA~葉ノ香~

Broadcast: August 7, 2006

http://www.rams.jp/hanoka/

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
This anime is the first full-fledged TV anime made with FLASH.
The story takes place on a planet Tokinea where human beings and Star Races have been fighting. The story revolves around a girl who was made as “Demon God”, an ultimate weapon against human beings, and a boy who is a partner of the girl.
Genre: Sci-fi

Tags
announcements, new anime, news, trailers