AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 08:34   Link #1721
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Did I miss something?
There hasn't been any announcement of another Full Metal Panic! anime.
Old 2007-07-13, 04:47   Link #1722
Adventury
Rail Tracer

One of Gonzo's new projects, The Five Killers has received a new trailer that you might want to check out at the project's website.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:17   Link #1723
anime_addict90

do any of you guys know when hatenko yugi will air? and who the voice actors are?
Old 2007-07-13, 05:55   Link #1724
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventury View Post
One of Gonzo's new projects, The Five Killers has received a new trailer that you might want to check out at the project's website.
looks cool to me, so... reminds me of fate/stay night for their names lol
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:26   Link #1725
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This is SO going to be in Adult Swim once this is done! Hell, I can smell a U.S. broadcast from this title.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 21:53   Link #1726
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I can see that Bakugan battle brawlers on 4Kids! TV in about a year. As long as they can do something about that Julie characters lack of abashment
Its out on teletoon (Canada). Dont know when America is going to see it, but anime in america has been taking a slump lately. And whats up with Julie's lack of abashment.
Old 2007-07-16, 11:14   Link #1727
NeoSam

D.C.II ~Da Capo II~ anime will be broadcasted in Autumn 2007 (no specific date is available yet).

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
New St. Seiya Anime Announced
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toei Animation has formally announced plans for a St. Seiya: Meiou Hades Elysion Hen anime series. The new anime will be the latest installment in the continuing St. Seiya "Hades Chapter" story arc.

Source: Moon Phase
Old 2007-07-16, 12:29   Link #1728
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventury View Post
The trailer looks extremely good as usual just as it was for the Afro Samurai, but the dampener to the enthusiasm comes from those code-names where one of them is called the Bomb. Ok, she is a bomb, but I don't know if I'll be scared of any assassin who is code named Bomb that comes after me. "Hello, I'm Bomb and I've come to kill you." I think I'll die laughing before the assassin gets the pleasure of killing me. What would be the Japanese alternative to Bomb? Bakudan? The name still doesn't sound cool.

Anyway, looking forward to it even if the plot is nothing but an excuse to show some cool animated action.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:02   Link #1729
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Stranger Full Trailer Released
The "Trailer" section of the Stranger homepage now hosts a full length trailer for the upcoming film. The movie is scheduled to open in Japanese theaters on September 29th.

Source: Moon Phase

Also another new clip (very short one)

Trailer got me all hyped. I really hope it's gonna be as good as it looks.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 23:27   Link #1730
eggplant
Eggplant

マリア様がみてる 第4シーズン
Maria-sama ga Miteru Fourth Season

Broadcast and Media: TBA

Source: Cobalt August 2007 issue (official Cobalt website and official Marimite anime website yet to be updated)

Based on the light novel written by Konno Oyuki and illustrated by Hibiki Reine, serialized in the Cobalt Bunko series, with 30 volumes released so far.

There are currently two manga adaptations, the Nagasawa Tomo version serialized in the the monthly Margaret (now The Margaret) magazine, and the Hibiki Reina version sporadically published in the Cobalt magazine.

Two TV and one OVA series anime adaptation have been aired or released. It is unknow whether the 4th Season will be a TV series or an OVA.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2007-07-17 at 01:30. Reason: Added scans
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 02:28   Link #1731
NeoSam

The covers of all the available volumes of Maria-sama ga Miteru light novels can be seen here (listed in 2 pages).

Cobalt magazine and its corresponding light novel label Cobalt Bunko are both female oriented magazine and light novel label. Between 10-15 shoujo light novels are published under the Cobalt Bunko label each month.
Old 2007-07-17, 04:08   Link #1732
Dop
We can't stop here...

More Marimite? Marvellous!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 08:49   Link #1733
NeoSam

Finally, a broadcast schedule for the new Tetsuwan Birdy (Birdy the Mighty) anime, which was announced back in November 2006 (a post about it is here).

Broadcast: Spring 2008
Old 2007-07-17, 10:30   Link #1734
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Is there a release date on The Five Killers. For some reason this reminded me of Gantz. This will be a good action show. Although it felt more like a game add than a show for some reason.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 12:46   Link #1735
cyth
ふひひ

A Starchild site of an upcoming OVA called Ryofuko-chan is up. The OVA will be divided into four episodes and released each month starting in December 2007. Made after the anime-in-manga story Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan, serialized in the Monthly G Fantasy this spring, which was incorporated into Suzuki Jirou's manga Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki. More info

Last edited by cyth; 2007-07-17 at 14:44.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 14:15   Link #1736
Kouji
StrykerX

From ANN

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season

Quote:
The Japanese magazine Cobalt has announced that the Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season anime adaptation of its popular light novels has been greenlit. The story revolves around the student council of Lillian, an all-girls Catholic high school. An accompanying interview with voice actresses Kana Ueda (Yumi), Haruna Ikezawa (Yoshino), and Mamiko Noto (Shimako) indicates the creators' reluctance to say whether the fourth season will be televised (like the first two seasons) or released directly on video (like the third season).
Five Killers
Quote:
Former G.D.H. International Vice-President of Creative Affairs Eric Calderon (Afro Samurai, Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit" music video) posted on his personal website a pilot video for The Five Killers, a 12-episode animated television series under development at the animation studio Gonzo. Calderon's story features five killers being hunted down by an assassin and the tagline, "3 Die. 2 Survive. 1 Lives… Forever."

The project's staffers includes pilot director Tomohiro Hirata (Trinity Blood), writers George Krstic (Megas XLR co-creator, Star Wars Clone Wars writer) and Mark Waid (Kingdom Come, JLA, Voltron comics), and designer Shigeki Maeshima (Robot). Calderon made one of the first public mentions of this project in a tongue-in-cheek question to his former boss, Gonzo CEO Shin Ishikawa, during Anime Expo 2007's keynote panels.
Old 2007-07-17, 14:37   Link #1737
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
A Starchild site of an upcoming OVA called Ryofuko-chan is up. The OVA will be divided into four episodes and released each month starting in December 2007. Made after the manga-in-manga story Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan, serialized in the Monthly G Fantasy this spring, which was incorporated into Suzuki Jirou's manga Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki. More info
Hmm isn't Ryofuko a moe~ anime that the male protagonist(Souta) from Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki manga watches? at least thats what I remember from reading a review about it quite a long time ago >.<
Old 2007-07-17, 14:43   Link #1738
cyth
ふひひ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Hmm isn't Ryofuko a moe~ anime that the male protagonist(Souta) from Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki manga watches? at least thats what I remember from reading a review about it quite a long time ago >.<
The manga Ryofuko got its own serialization, but it is an anime in Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki. I personally haven't read it, but the JP Wikipedia's entry certainly says so. I'll correct the post.
Old 2007-07-17, 15:02   Link #1739
NeoSam

Hmm... there's still something unclear to me >.< (LOL)

So Ryofuko is the anime that the protagonist (Souta) watches. A spinoff manga of this anime-in-manga started in the April 2007 edition of the shounen magazine GFantasy thats titled: Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan.

Whats unclear to me: is this 4 episode OVA based on the Ryofuko anime inside the manga Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki, or is it based on its spinoff manga Magical Musou Tenshi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan ???

Edit:

Also notable to mention that the mangaka of this spinoff manga is Suzuki Jirou (the same mangaka of Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki).
Old 2007-07-17, 15:07   Link #1740
cyth
ふひひ

Most likely the formal basis of this OVA will be the anime Souta watches (as that's what Starchild's site mentions). Although I wouldn't be surprised if it took after the serialized manga. In any case, the serialized manga offers the most insight into the concept of the upcoming OVA at this moment.

Tags
announcements, new anime, news, trailers