AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 00:00   Link #2301
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't know how seriously we should take AnimeTV. Isn't it a promotional video put out by the company that's handling the Haruhi DVDs?
No...

It's a internet show put out by the company that's coincidentally dubbing the series, Bang Zoom!.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:45   Link #2302
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang
SOS-dan sent out its 3rd e-mail today.
Spoiler for Poor Kyon... He even compares the computer club people with the America Naval Fleets right after the Pearl Harbor attack... XD:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 06:13   Link #2303
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

woah with all the current news about HARUHI in both the states and in japan
its getting me all excited
especially with the announcement of the new novels being released in April!!
Old 2007-03-01, 07:07   Link #2304
Woland
Latin Rascal

from ANS

3-1-07 (3:01AM EST)---- Haruhi Suzumiya Live Action Drama Next?

A February 23rd entry at Japanese actress Sawai Maho's blog might have dropped a bombshell on what's coming up next in the Suzumiya Haruhi universe. It mentions that finally the "Haruhi Second Step" is about to take place with pictures (or possibly filiming) to begin "next week". The blog goes on to mention the actress will play the role of Ryoko Asakura. On August 7th, 2006 ANS first mentioned news of an announced 6 episode live action Haruhi Suzumiya television drama to broadcast via BS-i this autumn. Yahoo even wrote a news article on it but later retracted. The official Haruhi Suzumiya immediately carried the following message thereafter: "I'm sorry wait a little more". On March 2nd a major 4 hour event is scheduled to occur in Saitama, Japan featuring the entire main anime cast. There's a great deal of specualtion in Japanese fan circles that a large announcement on the future of the franchise will be made there.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:50   Link #2305
Cloud05
Haruhi Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
from ANS

3-1-07 (3:01AM EST)---- Haruhi Suzumiya Live Action Drama Next?

A February 23rd entry at Japanese actress Sawai Maho's blog might have dropped a bombshell on what's coming up next in the Suzumiya Haruhi universe. It mentions that finally the "Haruhi Second Step" is about to take place with pictures (or possibly filiming) to begin "next week". The blog goes on to mention the actress will play the role of Ryoko Asakura. On August 7th, 2006 ANS first mentioned news of an announced 6 episode live action Haruhi Suzumiya television drama to broadcast via BS-i this autumn. Yahoo even wrote a news article on it but later retracted. The official Haruhi Suzumiya immediately carried the following message thereafter: "I'm sorry wait a little more". On March 2nd a major 4 hour event is scheduled to occur in Saitama, Japan featuring the entire main anime cast. There's a great deal of specualtion in Japanese fan circles that a large announcement on the future of the franchise will be made there.
That just confuses me, Does that mean they want to make a "real" show out of it?

If that is the case, I would prefer just a second season of the anime.

Cropped to make it Suki-safe.
Cloud05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 18:10   Link #2306
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
It mentions that finally the "Haruhi Second Step" is about to take place with pictures (or possibly filiming) to begin "next week". The blog goes on to mention the actress will play the role of Ryoko Asakura.
As long as it's better than Hahiru I am all for this.
Old 2007-03-07, 18:48   Link #2307
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Live Action Haruhi, I am not surprised at all...

o yes, Imouto just won against Misuzu in sailoli.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 22:41   Link #2308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not surprised at the idea of live-action Haruhi (rumor or whatever).... but they'd better have a STELLAR budget for SFX.... that is one major advantage animation has over live-action. It costs only a little more to draw a kick-ass scene than a boring room.

I too would rather see a second anime season than live-action though. Live-action would have the same issue as dubs: finding actors who can actually carry the roles in a manner that intersects with the original interpretations.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 01:04   Link #2309
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm not surprised at the idea of live-action Haruhi (rumor or whatever).... but they'd better have a STELLAR budget for SFX.... that is one major advantage animation has over live-action. It costs only a little more to draw a kick-ass scene than a boring room.

I too would rather see a second anime season than live-action though. Live-action would have the same issue as dubs: finding actors who can actually carry the roles in a manner that intersects with the original interpretations.
On top of that, they'll probably rehash the first book giving us another retelling of it.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 15:14   Link #2310
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
On top of that, they'll probably rehash the first book giving us another retelling of it.
I thought the anime followed the first book almost exactly, with just a few minor differences in the way Kyon handled the involuntary raepage of Mikuru at the hands of the computer club president, splicing the chapters with Ryoko and Big Mikuru, and a few others.
Old 2007-03-09, 01:25   Link #2311
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I thought the anime followed the first book almost exactly, with just a few minor differences in the way Kyon handled the involuntary raepage of Mikuru at the hands of the computer club president, splicing the chapters with Ryoko and Big Mikuru, and a few others.
Oops! I forgot to turn my [sarcasm] mode on.

But anyway, think of it this way: Book 1, Anime, Manga, and now a live action drama... How many more times can one tell the story from novel 1? (more importantly, how do the producers of said drama make theirs stand apart from the anime?)

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 09:57   Link #2312
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

AnimeNewsNetwork is doing a poll, and SHnY is one of the options.

This or That?

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-12, 18:48   Link #2313
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
AnimeNewsNetwork is doing a poll, and SHnY is one of the options.

This or That?

Cheers.
I bet they're going to compare the number of units sold with the Afro Samurai ones since both of those titles are released around the same time. Now guess which one is going to sell more.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 19:03   Link #2314
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I bet they're going to compare the number of units sold with the Afro Samurai ones since both of those titles are released around the same time. Now guess which one is going to sell more.
Hm...I wonder?
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:05   Link #2315
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmm, it looks like a live-action version of Haruhi Suzumiya is confirmed. Dormcat, one of ANN's Encyclopedia staff editors posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormcat
BREAKING NEWS: Haruhi to be live-action drama
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sarasiru/

Yui Aragaki as Haruhi Suzumiya
Kenichi Matsuyama as Kyon (weird, ANN has his name but not credited to anything)
Erika Toda as Mikuru Asahina (with only 75 cm bust?!)
Mei Kurokawa as Yuki Nagato
Yuma Ishigaki as Itsuki koizumi

To be broadcasted on BS-i. No detailed schedule yet.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:00   Link #2316
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

In before 'OMG Teh sux!!1' weeaboo rampage.

Seeing two of the girls being younger than myself (the other one just barely older) makes me feel old

I guess it's really too early to know whether or not it'll be any good. I don't know much about J-drama (an episode of Salaryman Kentarou and the first few of Densha Otoko encompass my entire experience), so I don't know what the actors are like.
Old 2007-03-22, 14:25   Link #2317
cmage

I've never seen any of these actors in a drama before, so I don't know what to expect. The few J-drama I've seen are rather good, so I'm keeping my hopes up. Though...I haven't watched any drama the effects this'll need.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 15:13   Link #2318
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmage View Post
Though...I haven't watched any drama the effects this'll need.
I'd like to see the guys who did the special effects on the Saikano movie handle this. The movie sucked, but the CG was amazing. Considering the popularity of the franchise, they may have to budget to do the effects proper.

Also, something just occurred to me: what if this is our second season? Do we know what novel(s) it will cover? If this information is on the page posted before, feel free to slap me around for not taking a closer look before asking questions.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:53   Link #2319
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Someone actually called Kadokawa and BS-i to confirm about the report :-

http://www.new-akiba.com/archives/2007/03/_bsi.html

Kadokawa respond is "No comment" and BS-i is one of "it's a misprint"
Old 2007-03-22, 18:07   Link #2320
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If this is true and if the Negima!? live action is true... we may be seeing a trend in anime production towards live-action as more of the japan population likes the story ideas but can't tolerate being caught watching anime.
I find this trend disturbing (if only it may put some fine VAs out of work) and the simple fact that you lose the *art* that anime can do that live-action simply can't.

I rather hope this is just bullfarts like that Azumanga hoax a few years ago...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen