AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 18:30   Link #481
Pakxenon
popcorn

Hmmm.... I was hoping this would continue to be it's own thread, then I can look at the total postcounts and views. I mean, Suzuka has a total (including wipeout) of around 133 pages and probably 200000 views.

We win! All hail Haruhiism! (2 i's... one is part of name, the other part of suffix)
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 19:52   Link #482
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Yay! i see it!! All hail Haruhi!! After NUMBEROUS attempts to see this forum, its only typically after work i can access it.

You think the Animators know how stupidly popular this series is?!

Someone needs to rave about it on 2channel, which i think was the first place this explosion happen being mirrored here, at megatokyo Forum and everywhere.

It'll be nice to hear something from the animators/mangaka. Wonder what they are thinking now?

Wil lthey look at their monolith monitors and go:

"Oh god, it's full Haruhi!!!"

I hope some poor overworked P.R salaryman is running about, waving papers about the popularity, and CEO's wanting two cools worth of haruhi.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:04   Link #483
mangafanatic

When is episode 2[/3] airing? I'm going into M.S.H. withdrawls. . .

*sits in corner, rocking back and forth and mumbling incoherrently.* There're no boyfriends like aliens. There're no boyfriends like aliens. There're no boyfriends like aliens. . .

XD
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 20:52   Link #484
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Wil lthey look at their monolith monitors and go:

"Oh god, it's full Haruhi!!!"

What, a little like this?
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 21:10   Link #485
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Since there appears to be so many fans around here, I suppose this won't be too off-topic.

Like I mentioned before, something like this is taking place:

The "Make Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu's ED "Hare Hare Yuukai" Oricon Number 1 Project"

For those of you who are not familiar with the term, here's the wiki entry on Oricon.

Now, some of you might go "I don't live in Japan, how can I help with the project?" Well, you can! Amazon.co.jp is an Oricon participant, and they ship music CDs internationally:

Hare Hare Yukai

Simply preorder it, and you will have done your part in supporting the project.
By the way, "Hare Hare Yukai" is currently ranked no.2 on the Amazon music CD sales chart.
Also, the release of the CD is on May 10th, try to preorder before then, that way, you'll increase the chance of it topping the daily charts when it's released.

While you're at it, why not purchase the OP, "Bouken desho desho?" as well? (currently ranked 7th on the Amazon sales chart):
Bouken desho desho?

Want to show just how much of a devoted fan you are? Here's your chance.
Old 2006-04-13, 21:39   Link #486
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Ohh, I think I'll try to buy both. I see myself becoming a Haruhi collecter already.

Haruhi~ <3

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 22:27   Link #487
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
When is episode 2[/3] airing? I'm going into M.S.H. withdrawls. . .

*sits in corner, rocking back and forth and mumbling incoherrently.* There're no boyfriends like aliens. There're no boyfriends like aliens. There're no boyfriends like aliens. . .

XD
The earliest airing of Haruhi happens around midnight on Sundays Japan time I think.

BTW. Great use of colors in your avatar!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 22:33   Link #488
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Hmmm.... I was hoping this would continue to be it's own thread, then I can look at the total postcounts and views. I mean, Suzuka has a total (including wipeout) of around 133 pages and probably 200000 views.
You can check it out in the Current Series category.

Last edited by sophismata; 2006-04-13 at 23:07.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 00:41   Link #489
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Definitely. Given it's Haruhi this incredable boom is almost to be expected for those that've delved into Haruhiism with any length. I am curious as to whether or not 2chan is even aware, let along KyoAni of the wildfire responses that we're giving out (for goodness sake KyoAni's made no plan to releace their recent masterpiece AIR to N.America... and that Haruhi started out as light novel of all things.)
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 00:54   Link #490
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Definitely. Given it's Haruhi this incredable boom is almost to be expected for those that've delved into Haruhiism with any length. I am curious as to whether or not 2chan is even aware, let along KyoAni of the wildfire responses that we're giving out (for goodness sake KyoAni's made no plan to releace their recent masterpiece AIR to N.America... and that Haruhi started out as light novel of all things.)
Yes. I am seriously tempted to start a wiki; while I can register a domain name, I don't have the equipment to set up a server ;/.

Regardless, Suzumiya Haruhi is certainly exciting, and I find myself anticipating the next episode with a certain glee...
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:12   Link #491
Flo
The Necessary Evil

In before "OH GOD HARUHI'S HOT!"

Support Haruhiism.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:15   Link #492
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
In before "OH GOD HARUHI'S HOT!"
To (ab)use Taniguchi's ranking system... Haruhi's definitely an AAA+++

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-14, 01:16   Link #493
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Hmm I wonder that too, I know of several english boards that have been hit with Haruhiism pretty hard, wonder if it's the same for the Japanese boards.

I'm actually more interested in wether or not KyoAni notices the number of addicts they've created in haruhiism and how they would respond to it if they did.
It's probably hoping against hope but I hope they'll eventually fully animate the dance sequence to the ending theme.

Currently watching: (week 2) Claymore, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, HitoHira, Hayate no Gotoku!, Murder Princess, Lucky Star, Darker than BLACK, Sola, Seto no Hanayome , El Cazador.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:24   Link #494
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Hmm I wonder that too, I know of several english boards that have been hit with Haruhiism pretty hard, wonder if it's the same for the Japanese boards.

I'm actually more interested in wether or not KyoAni notices the number of addicts they've created in haruhiism and how they would respond to it if they did.
It's probably hoping against hope but I hope they'll eventually fully animate the dance sequence to the ending theme.
Hmm.. one thing we could do is.. those who do know Japanese (don't look at me *hides*) could go post something in the 2ch Haruhi threads (anonymously of course) directing attention to the english language boards hard hit by Haruhi-ism. Though you would be surprised at how fast the 2ch boards can find out about what happens on english language boards (case in point the Suikoden and Touhou communities).

Old 2006-04-14, 01:26   Link #495
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The fully animated version will surely be sold...

I can only imagine how big the aftermath will be when the KyoAni crew starts to delve into the meat of vol 2... just getting to the end of vol1 could reduce Shinjuku to rubbles at this rate, hehe.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:42   Link #496
Thelastguardian

Hehehe, looks like the Haruhi effect is in full effect.
It took both Japanese and English anime fans by surprise :^) . I am glad (and I was actually worried how the viewers are going to precieve the animation when the anime news was annonced ).

Funny enough, when my sister read the novel, she commented that the story is kind of boring. When she watched the animation last week, however, she fell in love with it - or more specificly, how Mikuru squeaked
Old 2006-04-14, 01:42   Link #497
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Pfft, AAA+++ my patootie.

Haruhi is S-Class. The girl's got PASSION!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:43   Link #498
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Hmm.. one thing we could do is.. those who do know Japanese (don't look at me *hides*) could go post something in the 2ch Haruhi threads (anonymously of course) directing attention to the english language boards hard hit by Haruhi-ism. Though you would be surprised at how fast the 2ch boards can find out about what happens on english language boards (case in point the Suikoden and Touhou communities).
They already know:
http://anime.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1144956613/

look down to post 125.

「萌え狂っている」か、なかなかいい表現だなw
Old 2006-04-14, 01:46   Link #499
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
They already know:

look down to post 125.
yappari!

S-class huh... I used AAA+++ because I wasn't sure everyone subscribed to the S > A ranking system but... yea.. she's S-class!

Old 2006-04-14, 01:51   Link #500
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
They already know:

look down to post 125.

「萌え狂っている」か、なかなかいい表現だなw
Ah thanks for the heads up Sushi-Y, looks like Haruhiism is worldwide!

Currently watching: (week 2) Claymore, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, HitoHira, Hayate no Gotoku!, Murder Princess, Lucky Star, Darker than BLACK, Sola, Seto no Hanayome , El Cazador.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen