AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-07-11, 11:53   Link #1341
The Sphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI
that means there is a chance that the won't start a 2nd season.... *sob*
I'm really looking forward to it, 14 eps arent enough at all. And also, what's with the 1000+ eps in the official website of suzumiya haruhi, some kind of a joke?
The episode number on the site (15498) is a reference to events in another storyline from the Haruhi novels. I'll put the actual reference and story in the spoiler box below but I really recommend you don't read it unless you've already been spoilered on or read the novels.

Spoiler:
The Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 17:22   Link #1342
CrowKenobi

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI
I've heard a rumor that there will be a 2nd season for this anime, and the title will be called "The Melancholy of Nagato Yuki", and then it follows on to Mikuru etc..... anyone have any idea of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Nope, its false info, kyoani hasn't said anything about a 2nd season.
kyoani will most probably follow the novels as well if they are going to start a 2nd season and the titles for all novels are Suzumiya Haruhi no <insert emotion>. So Yuki being the title character is not possible.
Everyone is really looking forward to 2nd season lol
I was lurking on the Narutofan forums (hi PhantomX!) reading the Channel 12 topic of MoHS and towards the end a poster said that a friend of his e-mailed Kyoani inquiring about a second season... and got a response! This is unconfirmed because it's not from any official source, but he said that there will be a second season after they are done with the Kannon remake and one other show not mentioned (he said November would be the possible start time). What it will cover is unknown because that, also, wasn't mentioned.

So, you think "same time next year" is possible?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:01   Link #1343
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Which reminds me that I've been meaning to e-mail them. Is there a free web-based mail client that doesn't FUBAR Japanese characters?
Old 2006-07-11, 19:06   Link #1344
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
I was lurking on the Narutofan forums (hi PhantomX!) reading the Channel 12 topic of MoHS and towards the end a poster said that a friend of his e-mailed Kyoani inquiring about a second season... and got a response! This is unconfirmed because it's not from any official source, but he said that there will be a second season after they are done with the Kannon remake and one other show not mentioned (he said November would be the possible start time). What it will cover is unknown because that, also, wasn't mentioned.

So, you think "same time next year" is possible?
That will be great if it's confirmed. Thanks for the info =D
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 21:52   Link #1345
djc89

A little off topic: Today's Tuesday...where the heck is my Suzumiya Haruhi release????!!! Dang, afk is slacking!

I've also heard rumors about a second season. Even if it hasn't been confirmed, you can bet there will be a follow up in some way. Kyoani would be really stupid to not build on this franchise after the great amount of exposure this popular series has received.

Last edited by djc89; 2006-07-11 at 22:41.
djc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 22:06   Link #1346
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Hmm... after rewatching 'Mysterious Signs', I noticed something. Yuki was using computers in that episode. So how was it that she lost the ability to do so for the LAN match?
I think Yuki could use the computer in "Mysterious Signs" because she did it through her data-link.
Using her powers Yuki excels in everything she does as when she plays the guitar in the school festival without practicing, or when she puts the bat in homing mode in order to win the baseball game in episode 4.
In "The Day of Sagittarius" Kyon doesn't allow Yuki to use her power, thus she has to learn how to use the computer by herself.

I could be totally wrong though. lol
Old 2006-07-11, 23:15   Link #1347
Aiya Kasai

I'm not sure who...but I know someone off of this site liked seeing places that matched the anime.

http://blog.orgday.org/wp-content/ht..._suzumiya.html

That's an interesting site showing places that look like the show(or maybe have been looked off of?).
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 00:17   Link #1348
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend Send a message via Skype™ to SnakeLegend
Offtopic:kannon? you mean kanon? whats that remake's all about?
would love it if they have OVA or second season. i would go nuts.
Old 2006-07-17, 11:55   Link #1349
Karasu09

can anyone tell me where is this Anime's Setting?? first, I wanna know what is the name of the school that Haruhi and the others are studying...
Karasu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 15:54   Link #1350
Ezekiel Rage

Send a message via AIM to Ezekiel Rage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
I'm not sure who...but I know someone off of this site liked seeing places that matched the anime.

http://blog.orgday.org/wp-content/ht..._suzumiya.html

That's an interesting site showing places that look like the show(or maybe have been looked off of?).
Ok, I'm new here, I've lurked alot, huge Haruhi fan...anyway...can someone plase tell me which episode the VERY first pic on the top left is in the link above along with the one where there is a fast food place named "Wolks"? I can't recall them from any episodes O_O
Ezekiel Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:00   Link #1351
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel Rage
Ok, I'm new here, I've lurked alot, huge Haruhi fan...anyway...can someone plase tell me which episode the VERY first pic on the top left is in the link above along with the one where there is a fast food place named "Wolks"? I can't recall them from any episodes O_O
Wolks was either in the baseball one of the one where they went out to look for aliens, espers, or time travelers....and the first pic is from episode two(or real episode one)...where that guy talks about Haruhi dating him for about 5 minutes or so.
Old 2006-07-17, 16:03   Link #1352
Ezekiel Rage

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
Wolks was either in the baseball one of the one where they went out to look for aliens, espers, or time travelers....and the first pic is from episode two(or real episode one)...where that guy talks about Haruhi dating him for about 5 minutes or so.
Thanks ^_^ I rememebr the first one clearly now, and the Wolks was as you said, probably the baseball one...
Old 2006-07-17, 16:29   Link #1353
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Alright, anyone is suffering from a case of 'Suzumiya'? (Watch episode 14, if you don't know what 'Suzumiya' is, Taniguchi will tell you.)

A post-Haruhi depression/disorder/melancholy?

I'm sure I've been suffering from something, I've been feeling very restless, not as energetic, not finding interest in lots of activities. Can't bring myself to watch other anime, can't seem to post stuff on forms and I can't get myself to sleep at night, like right now, which is 5:30 am.

I don't feel like reading the novels too, I think if I finish reading them and novel 9 is not out yet, my condition would worsen by much.

These days are certainly boring.

EDIT: Oh, the thing that I'm most active in doing now is thinking about everything Haruhiism all day.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:40   Link #1354
Ezekiel Rage

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Alright, anyone is suffering from a case of 'Suzumiya'? (Watch episode 14, if you don't know what 'Suzumiya' is, Taniguchi will tell you.)

A post-Haruhi depression/disorder/melancholy?

I'm sure I've been suffering from something, I've been feeling very restless, not as energetic, not finding interest in lots of activities. Can't bring myself to watch other anime, can't seem to post stuff on forms and I can't get myself to sleep at night, like right now, which is 5:30 am.

I don't feel like reading the novels too, I think if I finish reading them and novel 9 is not out yet, my condition would worsen by much.

These days are certainly boring.

EDIT: Oh, the thing that I'm most active in doing now is thinking about everything Haruhiism all day.

*raises hand*

I keep myself alive by rewatching eps. as I forget them, listening to music from the series, and remembering that the second seasom will be out...sometime T_T
Old 2006-07-17, 16:59   Link #1355
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just tried to watch the first ep of Tsuyokiss.... I lasted 10 minutes.
I did manage to make it all the way through Ouran HHC #1 and that might keep nibbling at me.

But I haven't watched the last two eps of Uwa... or Nana.... or even ep 2 of H&C2.
Jeez.... I may actually work on other projects for a while.... just gotta keep remembering to torrent things for when I *do* wake up.

OTOH.. I did just order the two ZONE compilations (A side and B side) and their video clip dvd... so I'm not quite dead yet.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 18:54   Link #1356
Aiya Kasai

*looks up at other posts* Wow looks like Suzumiya withdrawal to me. If you guys knew how to draw...I would tell you guys to draw Haruhi but I dunno.

I have been keeping Haruhi alive....by fandubbing(in order to practcie) and am making a lil music video...^^
Old 2006-07-17, 20:32   Link #1357
The Sphinx

I've been pulled back into some older series I haven't watched in a while, good stuff that's not similar to SHnY at all. I'm watching Cowboy Bebop all the way through, something I haven't done in four or five years. I've been doing the same with Azumanga Daioh, and I watched all four episodes of YKK a few nights ago.

None of the current stuff is interesting me all that much. Haven't tried Utawarerumono, maybe I'll download the first episode this evening.
The Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 20:35   Link #1358
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
well, lucky for me, i haven't suffered any Haruhi withdraw symptoms. Probably because there is plenty more of the novels left to read.

Old 2006-07-17, 21:34   Link #1359
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... I have a lot of manga to read (including the novels) but I was discussing my time allocated to anime. I'm doing something like what Sphinx mentioned --- rewatching stuff that is *very* different (like Azumanga Daioh, Ichigo Marshmallow, I'm about halfway through the idiotically silly but fun Pokaan...). Honey&Clover2 will probably help and I'm hoping Ouran HHC pans out.

Manga-wise I'm still working my way through translating Yotsuba& #5 and Mahoraba #11.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 21:50   Link #1360
aldw

If Haruhi wanted to feel unique, she could of dreamed of the world being like Gundam of all things...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen